It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Let "us" make man in "our" image.

Even though you are blowing it off that that can't be the answer, the "us" is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

you're right, it can't be. the story comes from a time PRIOR to man's creation of the trininty school of theological thought.

Not thousands of years before God's knowledge of the trinity.

*headdesk*
things that don't exist don't know things
and god wasn't being directly quoted, it was written by some guy

When God asked Adam "Where are you?" He wasn't talking about physically, He was asking Adam where he was spiritually.

according to you, according to the book it's quite literal.

Now, God knew where they were, both physically and spiritually.

but the scripture contradicts you

[quote[
He was giving them the opportunity to admit the truth about what they(Adam and Eve) had done.

uh huh... sure.
nice cop out

If someone does something wrong/bad, you can still think you were right for doing it.

but they didn't do something that wrong... they wanted knowledge. god held knowledge back.
god kept them ignorant
check the motto of ATS for who i think is the bad guy in this story.

But if someone does something wrong/bad and they realize it was a mistake to have done it then you have a concept of right and wrong. He wanted them to own up to what they had done.

again, you're adding many layers of interpretation here, including your own religion when you're saying it is the trinity.

[edit on 7/8/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Who created God ????
Excuse me, but who says that god exists ? He has never dropped by and introduced himself/herself/itself.

I think I'll better hide now

Regards
Gwops

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
again, you're adding many layers of interpretation here, including your own religion when you're saying it is the trinity.

I am adding what I've learned about who God is and what the Bible says and all the millions of things hidden in it for mankind to learn.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ah but youre missing the fact that the trinity isn't in the bible
if you think it is
please post chapter and verse

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I am adding what I've learned about who God is and what the Bible says and all the millions of things hidden in it for mankind to learn.

no, you're adding what you've put into the bible with your own subjective viewpoint into it, including about 27 books that weren't there until your religion came about that were chosen because of certain theological agendas.

there isn't anything hidden in the bible for us to learn, it's a fairly simple book. it's also quite flawed. we'd do better learning from human experience and science.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
the paradox of Gods' existence is a mental struggle that is egged on by all those diabolical theologens...a complex maze of contradictions & mazes

read this one page treatment titled: "God Is A Metaphor"
www.secweb.org...
[the 7th item down the page....click Title for the full page article]

a very well presented article by a Dr. so-&-so
Thanks,

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwops

Excuse me, but who says that god exists ? He has never dropped by and introduced himself/herself/itself.

all the hundreds of old & new testament writers say that there is a 'God'
of different names even though these Judeo-Christians claim there is only One

see: www.infidels.org...
"About The Holy Bible"....its a wordy article, but you may want to save the URL for future studies/resource materials

thanks,

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
[all the hundreds of old & new testament writers say that there is a 'God'
of different names even though these Judeo-Christians claim there is only One

You haved missed the point the Bible is telling us.

Ancient people(and it's still carried on today) would make up a "god" for everything. A god of fertility, a rain god, a moon god, a sea god, etc. and on and on and on for everything. They thought a seperate god is needed for everything. Why?, maybe they were disillusioned that one god can't do everything or have time for everything or keep an eye on everything.

One of the main points of the Bible is that it informs us that millions of gods, first of all don't exist, but they also aren't needed. You don't need lots of little "gods" because there is one GOD who can do everything, and have time for everything, and keep an eye on everything. That's why the God of the Bible has different names attributed to Him, not because He's different "gods" and the writers didn't know which one, but God is telling us in each name that we will find another aspect of who He is and what He does. He is The GOD who can do EVERYTHING and be EVERYTHING mankind needs.

People do not realize how AWESOME God really is. That will be revealed partially now but completely in eternity. It will also be comprehended in eterntiy also.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

there isn't anything hidden in the bible for us to learn, it's a fairly simple book. it's also quite flawed. we'd do better learning from human experience and science.

Read Numbers chapter 2 for something hidden!

Watch the news and listen, really listen, we're not doing such a good job.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
if you think it is

One of many

Matthew 3:[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Another

Genesis 1:[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlaBama
There are many things that can't be explained due to our finite minds. God's existance is most often described to be like a ring - no beginning and no end.

I feel alot the same not, not only threw feelings, but what I have learned along the way. God is an idea, or what we as humans latch on to that gives us a feeling of security. Its hard to pinpoint an idea about its creation. Or God as a being still it depends how you want to use the word itself. If God was created, who created that right? Thats far to human, and we ask the wrong questions out of the context.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Genesis 1:[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

This is an interesting passage, have you ever researched the words in this and looked at the meaning in ancient Hebrew? I'm curious about the meaning in "let us" and "after our likeness". Reading the English translation implies a kind of co-creation or cooperative design process for these meat sac's we call bodies.

I've always had a hard time relating to the idea that on some higher plain of existence we have a form which looks like the hominid form we currently inhabit.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
dbrandt, you're right, we aren't doing a good job because we still have religion and other forms of ignorance in the way of progress.

and you're right, ancient people created gods for everything. they created zeus for lightning in one culture, osiris for death in another culture, and yahweh for mountains in a third culture.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why does ANYTHING exist is the question. It's a paradox that causes my mind to to spin I tell ya

On the one hand EVERYTHING that exists has to be created in one way or another and on the other hand....well....nothing can be created from nothing so something must have ALWAYS existed but how can that be when everything that 'is' needs to be created. It's an impossible situation yet here it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
First off I realize that this is similar to the thread which I have listed below
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but how my questions differentiates from the one above is this.

So God created everything, including man, but if this is so, then who created God?

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

Who then gave God the right to be God? And who gave the creator of God the right to create God?

This kind of relates to the matrix somehow, that there has to be a grand architect of what we call reality, or does there?

I would love to hear what you all think of this.

Did someone create God, and if so, who created him, and who created that entity and so on. Does it ever end? Where did it begin? And with who, or what?

Okay, okay...I'll come clean! I created God! Sorry about that....

J.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
if you think it is

One of many

Matthew 3:[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Another

Genesis 1:[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Actually, my understanding is that the correct translation is: '...and let them have *stewardship* over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl...'

Supposedly, that is the more accurate translation according to biblical scholars...

Interesting huh?

J.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why is it that god only existed in the middle east? If he was so almighty then why didn't the whole world see him and not just that small area of the world? It had to be written by men and spread by men so that others around the world would even know what or who god was. If a god created everyhting, why is it that jesus was only known in his location? Nobody else in the whole entire world knew anything about him or his god until they were forced to. So who created god? You!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Misguided faith......
......created God in the minds of the gullible.
Faith almost always implies certitude even when there is no evidence or proof.
This has been the core values of Christianity from humble beginings.
I do not subscribe to the myth of this fictitious divinity in any form let alone a long 'bloodline' of Gods procreating a long ancestoral family tree of others.
Yes... I expect to get some harsh criticism for this but I'm wearing my flak jacket today.
God isa myth perpetrated by the church to control and instill fear into the believers and the faithfull.
Say it out loud..."God is the father I shall NOT want..."

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If God had a creator the creator would have to be at least as 'powerful' and 'intelligent' as God in order to create the creator of everything. This sets up an infinite regress.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skunky
If God had a creator the creator would have to be at least as 'powerful' and 'intelligent' as God in order to create the creator of everything. This sets up an infinite regress.

en.wikipedia.org...

exactly, god is not a terminating point for infinite regress... matter and energy are a scientific one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join