It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I apologize for not reading all replies to this thread before I respond.

The following is my opinion. However throughout the rest of this thread I will speak as if my opinion were fact. It's simply easier to get my point of view across this way.

God is an impersonal conciousness that permeates and flows through all of existance. We could be thought of as children of God, or as cells in a body. However you care to interpret it.

I believe in Causality. Those familiar with my threads know I quote it regularly. However, universal laws exist in an attempt to explain an unexplainable knowledge. For example, the Law As Above So Below, has been split up into something like 3 dozens lesser "laws" among these is the famous "Law of Attraction." However, all of these laws exist simply to help teach us how to apply the greater law As Above so Below.

So too, the "greater laws" or "Universal Laws" such as Causality are not 100% true. They are simply trying to explain a truth. God is the truth that exists beyond these laws. God is the existance that the laws are attempting to explain. You can think of God as an ocean, and we are the droplets that make up that ocean.

The difference between us and God is that we are not fully concious of the fact that we too, are God. All of us perform our various roles in the interconnection of all. We are a part of God, a part of the interconnection, however we are not the whole.

The greater the level of conciousness of the individual, the greater their influence over the rest of existance. However, as the mind expands to percieve more, so too does existance expand. The essence of God is creation. Therefore it is constantly expanding, and -changing-. Will there be a limit of expansion? Yes, but then the form simply changes into something else.

I have a theory that time and space all exist at one single point. However, our minds, our perception, in an effort to put order to this chaos applies time and space to give us a sequence that we can comprehend and make sense of. Past and future are null concepts that exist to help us learn. Everything exists only in the present. But that is not to say what has already happened has never occured. form has just changed.

This seems to be contradictory. Form, change, this would seem to indicate time, a change over time. This is decsribed by my inability to comprehend the absolute truth, and my efforts to explain in a reasonable manner what I am concious of.

When people think of God, some picture Jesus. Some see The Self. Some see nothingness. Some see everything. Some see an old man on a chair. When interacting with the primal force that makes up and flows through all that exists, our minds give shape to this force so that we can take more from the experience.

In 'theory' when one becomes enlightened they would then comprehend everything, and would be God. This is not quite true, in my perception. They simply enter a state from which they are conciously aware of their true nature and the roles they play. There are indeed stages of conciousness. The first stage, I believe at this moment to be "no-thought." This is similar to becoming a mirror of "God" and reflecting everything.

As this conciousness evolves, one may become like a "little God" as they then fully rule over the microcosm, whereas the full God reigns over the Macrocosm of existance. God is the greater, I am the lesser.

At this high level, compassion, or an knowing that compassion is closest to representing for our current understanding. We'll call this Compassion, with the big C. However it is not compassion, as we know it currently. Compassion will drive you to wish to share this conciousness with others. However, if you could truely become the True God, you could in theory, awaken everyone. This is not possible however. Even God doesn't have the power to force his will on us. We're currently in a state that obscures true realization of conciousness. In a way, this obscurity is our will. No one can force their will upon you. Now, you can be fooled and manipulated into changing your own will, but you cannot force your will on others.

As far as getting bored from "knowing everything" that does not exist at this level. No longer being ruled by the false concepts of time and space, things do not become tedious. You enter into a phase of observing everlasting change.

We currently exist in a divided state, in which we percieve mainly the physical and the emotional. There exists on another level of the veil, mind and soul, and conciousness of spirit. As we climb the evolutionary ladder, we pull down another veil that is keeping us from observing the truth, and our awareness of true existance becomes greater. When we become fully concious as we are meant to be, body, emotion, mind, and soul are all united in full. At this point then, we are free of reincarnation. At this point however, we do not become "everlasting" in the Judeo Christian sense. Every now and then in order to keep existance fresh, we are reborn, yet in this rebirth we retain our skills and conciousness from the previous rebirth, and do not forget or lose what we had previously attained.

The way reincarnation works, we lose a lot of what we gain each reincarnation, how much is lost is determined by by how concious we are.

God is a force that exists everywhere, all the time, in a "present" state of mind. For time and space are not true concepts, the exist simply to aid our minds as they are now in comprehending nature. As we're behind these veils, we are less capable of percieving the full truth. The fewer veils block our path the more concious we are.

It is our goal to become like God. To become like our true nature and comprehend things as they were intended to. God does not use us to learn or experience life, God knows all, and is all of life, and everything else. As we become more concious, we gain greater access to the infinate.

God is a force that in our current form we cannot comprehend. The more of the obscuring veils that shelter us from the truth, the Light, the Creative Power, the less powerful we are. As our minds expand, we tear down these veils, and gain a more full access to our truth. I hope that this makes sense. I like this reply and may actually decide to give it it's own thread.

Thank you for tolerating the arrogance of this speech.
I hope it helps someone move forward in understanding.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is knowledge sooo great, if a man were to find out, he would die, by the extent of the truth. There are some things living mortals are not meant to know.

In reality no one knows, but if you trying to use this question to disprove the existence of god, you might as well have to disprove the existence of everything else along with it.

Since the big bang cannot occur without membranes, and the membrane cannot form without substance, and the substance cannot form without matter, and matter cannot be form without a source of energy. So where does energy come from? It just can't APPEAR out of no where.

Oh philosophy, you always put everything in a draw. I believe in god btw, haha, and yes oddly enough both in creationism and evolution.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Do you think it is possible for one to attain such a high level of advanced spirituality that they are granted true Godliness or be an Elohim.

Elohim = An awakened cosmic intelligence capable of creating a planet or sun.

I feel that if one could attain a truely awoken state then anything would be possible INSIDE this universe.

This seems to contradict the notion that God has been forever, and that it would be impossible for one to attain the rights of God, since there is only one God, right? If there is only one Creator, then how can one or even numerous people be God and create planets and suns.

In a very limited way, we are all creating our own realities. They do tend to infringe on the realities of those around us, and many conflicts can occur as a result. So why not extend this God given skill of being made in his image to expand our influence to the creation of planets and Suns. Didn't God make this Universe for his creations to explore and experience?

I think we created God.
We needed to put into words and stories something which defies definition and linguistics. So in a way, from down here, we create a filter which allows us to interact with the divine infinite and allmighty. We named this dimensional construct GOD. It is also, most likey wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was born and raised catholic, church on sundays and sunday school the whole 9 yards. In my teens I purchased a book titled "the history of god" Its foreward was pretty simple, but Ive stood by the statement ever since, and have yet to read past it as it was all summed up. "The idea of God is man made." powerful.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

No

God has always been. He never had a beginning, nor will He ever have an end.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickboy1313
I was born and raised catholic, church on sundays and sunday school the whole 9 yards. In my teens I purchased a book titled "the history of god" Its foreward was pretty simple, but Ive stood by the statement ever since, and have yet to read past it as it was all summed up. "The idea of God is man made." powerful.

This is a powerful post. I've read alot like it, but I am afraid that posts like this don't sink into people's minds.

Sickboy(ironic name) was raised catholic and attended catholic church, yet DID NOT find the answers concerning God in the catholic church. People need to listen to these posts and realize that the catholic church does not tell the truth about who God really is.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
People need to listen to these posts and realize that the catholic church does not tell the truth about who God really is.

Not to get too far off track, since I'm not catholic, I've always wondered why the lords prayer has the faithful praying to thier god and asking...
"lead us not into temptation". Why would god lead them into temptation?
It doesn't fit. I don't mean to offend. I'm just curious about the language.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

No

God has always been. He never had a beginning, nor will He ever have an end.
You cannot possibly know this, no one can. To place a god outside the realms of our universal confines means that we can never know what lies in the realm of said god - it might be a never ending run of creator gods.
Having their be this single entity smacks of monotheistic bias of "we're right, you're wrong" mentality

G

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Having their be this single entity smacks of monotheistic bias of "we're right, you're wrong" mentality

Or you can look at it a different way. That there is truth and lies. And God wanted you to know the truth so He gave the Bible for that benefit. And at salvation God lives with and in a person to confirm the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This is a powerful post. I've read alot like it, but I am afraid that posts like this don't sink into people's minds.

Sickboy(ironic name) was raised catholic and attended catholic church, yet DID NOT find the answers concerning God in the catholic church. People need to listen to these posts and realize that the catholic church does not tell the truth about who God really is.

I really cant explain my belifes, I just try to be a good human. We had to get here somehow, evolving from a single cell is a possibility, aliens palying with genetics could be, angels mating with monkeys who knows, or (as far fetched as it seems) God created man took a mans rib and made a woman. That woman was named Lilith, she was very free spirited and had many babies with demons and the like Adam wanted a new wife one that would obey so he made eve (but thats another story). On second thought mabey God is some sort of alien scientist the populates random worlds? I dont know.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM

Not to get too far off track, since I'm not catholic, I've always wondered why the lords prayer has the faithful praying to thier god and asking...
"lead us not into temptation". Why would god lead them into temptation?
It doesn't fit. I don't mean to offend. I'm just curious about the language.

I think lead us not into temptation is more or less: dear lord give me the strength to not cheat on my wife or steal that old mans cane, rather than God putting the oppritunity in front of you to commit the act.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Who created God. Let me ask the question this way.
Would their be the God we know and are speaking of
WITHOUT MAN???

No.

It would be something else.

That is what we strive to return to.

That is the fold we seek to respawn to.

We have choosen this realm of our own free will,
yet he left us a path to follow towards a return to salvation.

Remember its not about God. It's about how we get there.
It is the journey. And thankfully, it is just about over.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Or you can look at it a different way. That there is truth and lies. And God wanted you to know the truth so He gave the Bible for that benefit. And at salvation God lives with and in a person to confirm the truth.
Or you could look at it another way in that god doesn't exist, the bible is just a story and there is no salvation at the end of the tunnel.

Is this the truth? Who knows!!

G

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is an easy question.

Ask your self.

Do you believe in UFO's?

Do you believe that there is life on a planet other than ours?

Have you seen things in the night sky that can not be explained like strange lights?

Have you felt that you may have lived another life other than this one?

Have you seen a ghost? Once we die we no longer remain here...or so the bible says.

Have you asked for help from god but got nothing in return?

Things such as this can not be, if the bible is to be taken as an absolute truth!

If the answers to these questions is yes then the question of "is there a god or who created him" has all ready been answered!

Who created God? We did!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM
Who created God. Let me ask the question this way.
Would their be the God we know and are speaking of
WITHOUT MAN???

I say yes. God isn't dependent on us, we are dependent on God. If you view it the other way around then you are limiting God.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I say yes. God isn't dependent on us, we are dependent on God. If you view it the other way around then you are limiting God.

but you cannot back up the statement that a deity cannot exist without something there to perceive the deity's existence. much like you cannot tell if the cat is dead or not if you don't open the box. it's more of an issue of perception and existence than a question of your deity.

and i have still yet to find where the bible says that god is without limits....

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The aliens have created The Bible, the religions, and us. God is known to be spread out as soul carrying physical and non-physical beings.

Every galaxy is born and grows out of its black hole(white hole) at its center. This side of the black holes of the universe contains many inner dimensions where many interdimensional beings live. They can over see this dimension. Each person has at least one spirit guide(guardian angel). These are the beings(God) that are directly associating with each person's life.

If the aliens(dimensional beings) have stated through the Bible that God has no beginning or end, then that obviously means that they don't even know the beginning or end of this continuous creation of life through the recycling of the universes through black holes(white holes).

[edit on 1-7-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
and i have still yet to find where the bible says that god is without limits....

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Has anyone actually seen an alien, people talk about aliens as if they live next door to one, debate about what can actually be accounted for and not things that cant be confirmed as this will ruin your end result..

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think this is were our earthly brains stop. What we cant understand is god (or whomever) has always been here and always will be. For some reason our brains cant grasp things like that. Another example, whats on the other side of the universe or what is nothing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join