It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyBlonde

Nice.

What 'makes' a God is our belief in what God is.

What God actually is is everything and the only thing. God is Spontaneously Present and beyond any concept of creation or demise. And God is not any personification or anthropomorphisation, No great glow or bearded guy in hte clouds. These are manmade concepts.

God, for any given definition of God, is in fact beyond any conceptualisation because, as God is everything, conceptualisation leads to thought of things that are 'not God', and this is inherently false. Or at the very best, a limited and incomplete understanding of God.

What God is cannot be known or conveyed, but it can be experienced by remembering that, as all things are God, and the only thing is God, you too are God.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by almighty bob

I agree with your stance that anything we as humans can conceptualize as God is probably the farthest from what God is actually.

We are humans, so most of what we can image will have to be somewhat loosely based on humanity as we know it. Now for us to try and conceptualize God, seems inherently impossible. As you said, we probably imaging God as a male figure with a big white flowy beard, where in actuality, God is whatever you make.

But how does this relate to the OP? Who created God. Sure God has always been and always will be, but there HAD to be a begninning didnt there?

Does this not eman that there has to be a source that appointed God as God? If time is infinite, then does this mean that what we know as God just "appeared" at one point back along the line? Thsi one has theories that can double back on themselves, but I dont know which line seems the most plausible?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

Did someone create God, and if so, who created him, and who created that entity and so on. Does it ever end? Where did it begin? And with who, or what?

Our puny brain is too small to comprehend the answer to that question. You can ask though, but if you were to get the answer it would be like a 1 day old baby trying to understand the Theory Of Superstring.

Our arrogance however, are beyond bounds.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlaBama
There are many things that can't be explained due to our finite minds. God's existance is most often described to be like a ring - no beginning and no end. He has always been, and will always be. If we live good lives and believe, we will go to a wonderful place where all questions such as these will be answered, but until then we're here to demonstrate our faith and learn.

Bwahaha, awesome. That was a good one. I bet he....oh wait. You're serious?!

Honestly. The human psyche (compounded by confusion) has created, is creating, and will create all the gods you have heard about, are hearing about, or will ever hear about. Nothing more to the story.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by almighty bob

But how does this relate to the OP? Who created God. Sure God has always been and always will be, but there HAD to be a begninning didnt there?

Does this not eman that there has to be a source that appointed God as God? If time is infinite, then does this mean that what we know as God just "appeared" at one point back along the line? Thsi one has theories that can double back on themselves, but I dont know which line seems the most plausible?

Not just appeared. Eternal. Spontaneously present. Time, like the concept of God, is a manmade concept. We perceive beginnings and ends because we perceive a linear time flow, cause and event. But God is outside all of this, these human concepts do not apply at all. Outside of time and outside of space, spontaneously present and self aware.

Even this statement is misleading, and anything I tell you will be a lie, or at least not be totally true, because anything you read or think you know is still just a concept. To say God is outside of anything is false because God is everything. Time is God and God never changes. Space is God and God never changes. And nothing ever changes from being anything other than God, than You, despite what the belief of ego may perceive.

And though I lie to you, I tell useful lies that hopefully will take you towards the truth.

One of the biggest problems people have with the whole infinity/eternity thing is that infinity and eternity are not able to be conceptualised either. The brain tries to rationalise them as 'just a very big number', something that can be counted to. But they are not, just as God is not beholden to them or to linearity.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Did someone create God, and if so, who created him, and who created that entity and so on. Does it ever end? Where did it begin? And with who, or what?

Don Wahn, I think in reality these questions are impossible to answer, so it will always be assuming or believing.
I hope that this isn’t posted earlier but?

When asked “Who or what created God?,” we are making the assumption that God was created. If God exists outside of time and space, and if He is the Creator of time and space, He obviously was not created! God began the beginning! This is why He says, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”

Source; www.doesgodexist.org...

How human science think about the meaning of god.

A god is a hypothetical supernatural being which is considered responsible for certain aspects of reality, or for reality as a whole.
It has not been proved scientifically that gods existed.
The existence of gods or a god is not refute however also scientifically.

Source; nl.wikipedia.org...

A view of Extraterrestrials.

Above everything else stands one power that resides over the Life and Death of each creature.
This is the Creation alone, who has laid her laws over all.
Laws which are irrefutable and own eternal validity.
The human being must recognize that never can a God overtake the part of the Creation or control the destiny or fate of the human being.
A God is only a governor and moreover a human being, who powerfully exercises a reign of tyranny over his fellow creatures.
God is not the Creation, but only a creature from her, like all Creation dependent creatures.
The Creation itself never gives commands, because she embodies the greatest power in all the Universe, and never is in need of commands or religions.

Religion is only a primitive piece of work of human beings, its purpose being to lead them and to suppress them for exploitation into only, which a spiritual wicked life can fall.

Source; AGE 5…The first meeting and awareness.doc.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This remings me of the Question "What came first the Chicken or the Egg?" Kind of a trick question, because you can't have one without the other. You need something to create something, and it is a never ending cycle, because nothing will ever really be proven. Sometimes I wish that "we" as people could figure these questions out, but, I think that for now, questions like these are too complex for us to really even understand, let alone figure out the answers to.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well God is eternal, so he has no beginning or end. You can't create an eternal being, it was always the first and always will be.

He has always been existing, he is the One, first and the cause of what you see today. It seems only supernatural because we don't understand how everything works in the universe yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
Well God is eternal, so he has no beginning or end. You can't create an eternal being, it was always the first and always will be.

He has always been existing, he is the One, first and the cause of what you see today. It seems only supernatural because we don't understand how everything works in the universe yet.
Thats a bit contradictory isn't it? We don't understand how everything works but you are so positive that there is an eternal god that done everything. I'm sorry but your opinion is not a basis for truth so why should anyone believe you?

G

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If the bible says that darkness is the absence of his light, that makes perfect and logical reasoning that darkness was around before him.But nothing is something right? That means darkness was around just as long as he supposedly is. What's is a God? There's the question that the human kind has remained morons on. Anyone that is considered to have abilities or knowledge above that which is known is considered a God.The Big Bang Theory is more logical than "BAM God created the universe instantly!".The universe is spreading OUT! And because of gravity and the concept of motion, we know that in space when something moves it keeps going until it stops! If the universe is spreading away outwards, that means it all started in the middle and is gonna keep going until something gets in its way.

The bible is an IDEA of how man started out, nothing else. He makes the universe in 6 days and on the seventh he rested.How can people measure days unless they had knowledge of how many days were in a year?The Mayans were the first to perfect the calender so they knew it them who knew how many days are in a week, a month,a year!The Old Testament was oral passed down for hundreds of years before it was written in words.The fact that nothing exists or can exist without a creator or ingredients proves that any God or Goddess could not exist in the sense of matter or spirit.Spirit is a state of being which means it has to have substance of a sort.

If you claim that spirit ISN'T a form of physical being, than you're claiming it to be energy which in that case we can harness that energy in time and use it to our own needs. If God is the ultimate energy, than if we get intelligent enough to locate, target, and absorb him, than as it has happened before "The teacher learns from the pupil".We could use that energy and make things that even GOD hasn't thought of, which would be a major reason why he doesn't want anyone to have his knowledge.

God would think like he does, but WE are not him.We have human minds, we still use our primal instincts to survive.Adam and Eve ate off the tree of knowledge, and that means genetically we have God's knowledge hidden deep in our psyche, and if we harness that knowledge we COULD fight Him and give him a run for his money.There is no difference between fighting your enemy and fighting your creator.Both can try to kill you if you do something they don't like.

If anything, I'd say the versions of the creator by Human ideas, are pushed by the creators of the BELIEF that The Creator is all powerful in order to keep order and rule based on those beliefs.If you had a million soldiers on one side, and a million soldiers on the other side, and they both have the same amount of equipment right down to bullets, what will happen? It depends on the strategies of each group that will decide who wins.Who can outsmart the other.

I know that MOST of the Christians may think I'm evil or something for saying this, but for your information I was brought up in a Christian family and I saw hypocrisy and judging towards those who didn't need it.And when I said I was stepping away from it, and started noticing and talking about the errors, mistakes, and lies, I was literally told and I quote "you have demons around you telling you to say these things", just because I opened my eyes, and it made me want to seek spirituality without ancient opinions.I see how it drives people to think they are superior and they say they aren't when they continuously act like it.
I'm don't hate the bible or the Creator theory or Christians, I'm all for that.But when people try to say that they are RIGHTEOUS of their actions because of their belief, that's where I'm sorry to say, you're not righteous if you use it as an EXCUSE.In the world today, the false Christians are the majority. A true Christian loves EVERYBODY, even their enemies, they don't say "you're going to hell", they say "As long as you're a good person, I know you'll go to heaven"

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Who created God? How did the Big Bang come about? Either way it's something from nothing, at least from our perspective. I don't think we know enough yet to have the true answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The idea that God has no beginning and no end is a hard thing for our minds to grasp because, in our limited ability of reasoning and being confined in a world where everything spins from beginning to end, we have no way of intellectually grasping the idea that something or someone can exist without it or they, having been created. If we did understand that question, and could answer it, I suppose we would be God.

One beauty about eternity, God has prepared for them who believe in him, things which the mind has no ability to comprehend. With that said, there will be no boredom in eternity.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

First off I realize that this is similar to the thread which I have listed below
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but how my questions differentiates from the one above is this.

So God created everything, including man, but if this is so, then who created God?

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

Who then gave God the right to be God? And who gave the creator of God the right to create God?

This kind of relates to the matrix somehow, that there has to be a grand architect of what we call reality, or does there?

I would love to hear what you all think of this.

Christians use the argument that the universes complexity is evidence for God Himself...but The Deity God is much more complex than the universe..so based on their OWN argument of complex things needing creators...God must also have a creator

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Austin9599945

Again you have a misunderstanding in regards to God, His nature and attributes.

God is self-sufficient meaning that He needs nothing in order for Him to be God. He was God before creation. He needs no angels nor no universe to declare to Him that He is God.

God is also self-existent meaning that He needs nothing outside of Himself to be. He does not reply on anyone or anything for His being. He is not "self-caused" for He has no cause. He has always been.

The law of causality states that all things created must have a cause greater than itself yet this implies to finite things, such as a car, a toy and a house. This would not imply to God for He is infinite. He is the uncaused Cause.

The universe is the greatest thing or effect we know and thus it must have had a Creator or Cause greater than it.

God is also Sovereign meaning that He is in complete control over His creation and can do as He so pleases for that which He does is always "good". If God chooses to wipe every human from the face of the earth it would be deemed "good".

Before you can know how to best play an instrument you study the theory of it and/or music. Before a tree surgeon goes into the field to diagnose the condition of a tree he or she must study the nature of that tree. Or would you want to be taught music by someone who has only read about music or a tree surgeon to care for your prized silver dollar eucalyptus tree who has only worked with silk plants?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverSmith

We always find each other here.
lol

you're pretty smart..and I doubt you use the simple argument of "Everythings complex..therefore there's god."

im sure you're well passed these weak arguments...im simply stating how SOME christians use very weak,vague arguments.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And I asked to know it, and he said to me, "The Monad is a monarchy with nothing above it. It is he who exists as God and Father of everything, the invisible One who is above everything, who exists as incorruption, which is in the pure light into which no eye can look.

"He is the invisible Spirit, of whom it is not right to think of him as a god, or something similar. For he is more than a god, since there is nothing above him, for no one lords it over him. For he does not exist in something inferior to him, since everything exists in him. For it is he who establishes himself. He is eternal, since he does not need anything. For he is total perfection. He did not lack anything, that he might be completed by it; rather he is always completely perfect in light. He is illimitable, since there is no one prior to him to set limits to him. He is unsearchable, since there exists no one prior to him to examine him. He is immeasurable, since there was no one prior to him to measure him. He is invisible, since no one saw him. He is eternal, since he exists eternally. He is ineffable, since no one was able to comprehend him to speak about him. He is unnameable, since there is no one prior to him to give him a name.

"He is immeasurable light, which is pure, holy (and) immaculate. He is ineffable, being perfect in incorruptibility. (He is) not in perfection, nor in blessedness, nor in divinity, but he is far superior. He is not corporeal nor is he incorporeal. He is neither large nor is he small. There is no way to say, 'What is his quantity?' or, 'What is his quality?', for no one can know him. He is not someone among (other) beings, rather he is far superior. Not that he is (simply) superior, but his essence does not partake in the aeons nor in time. For he who partakes in an aeon was prepared beforehand. Time was not apportioned to him, since he does not receive anything from another, for it would be received on loan. For he who precedes someone does not lack, that he may receive from him. For rather, it is the latter that looks expectantly at him in his light.

Source:The Apocryphon of John

That is one reference ... but if you wanted new-age opinions, or uneducated opinions, or something non-scriptural .. I am quite unsure, since I haven't met the chap myself face to face that is, it would be hard to describe in a manner fitting for the enlightenment of others.

I think chasing after this god-folk takes the adventure away from knowing thyself.

After-all.... are we all so familiar with ourselves that we deem it necessary to familiarize ourselves with others?

Now as to the question about who created this God.. and by this God I mean the paper, stone, wood, etc.. God that exists today in our monuments, cathedrals, books, and other jewelery etc.. We have obviously created him out of years of hallucinatory experiences with our surroundings ingesting the many consciousness expanding morsels of food that lay in every quadrant of the planet.
Which would bring us to your question...
Who created higher-states of consciousness, and how is it that certain components of nature can interact with our experience in such a way to make us see, hear, taste, smell, touch, emotionally feel, and linguistically hallucinate God-like figures.
As beings with such a range in consciousness and the consciousness to alter that consciousness we should be concerned with what is hiding in those .... 'alternate realities' that we have apparently terrified ourselves of.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Austin9599945

Well Austin your a cool guy and I appreciate your openness as that states you're not seeking to argue for the sake or arguing. You ask a question, you read the reply and answer.

Unfortunately Andre is totally opposite as he avoids intelligent interaction only to reappear with another ignorant post or statement.

Also, I'm not that smart

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I think god was created by the need to be something.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sharati

Science has answered that question already - the answer is the egg. What laid it was something not exactly a chicken (but very, very close), but whose offspring in question will become what we now call a chicken.

God still doesn't exist

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join