It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First off I realize that this is similar to the thread which I have listed below
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but how my questions differentiates from the one above is this.

So God created everything, including man, but if this is so, then who created God?

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

Who then gave God the right to be God? And who gave the creator of God the right to create God?

This kind of relates to the matrix somehow, that there has to be a grand architect of what we call reality, or does there?

I would love to hear what you all think of this.

Did someone create God, and if so, who created him, and who created that entity and so on. Does it ever end? Where did it begin? And with who, or what?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
casua sui is the most favorable explaination for the existence of god.
that god is the cause of god's self
and thus is in violation of causality

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are many things that can't be explained due to our finite minds. God's existance is most often described to be like a ring - no beginning and no end. He has always been, and will always be. If we live good lives and believe, we will go to a wonderful place where all questions such as these will be answered, but until then we're here to demonstrate our faith and learn.

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
after you go to that place and know everything

is there a reason for existence anymore?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
In my opinion God was never created, he has always excisted, god created time and creation, he created our mind, we are used to he fact everything is created that is why we find it hard to understand that gos was not created, creation is a creation created by god.

This in my opinion is the most sensible reason in my mind.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
could it be that in a sense we created ourselves in an off state of mind?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This question has always been an ultimate one to me.

I don't think we can know how a first became.

It defies all that we comprehend. We only speculate about God, so how can we go farther to know how anything could be first, before a creator. Something had to be first and even nothing is something.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's possible that "his" creation has the answer as to where and how he come into existence. His creation ( The Universe ) is cyclical and recurring without seemingly ending anywhere nor starting.

The concept of us all being god and/or part of him is exactly that with the Big Bang event being his separation and fragmentation into us, leading to his eventual reconstruciton when the Universe Coalesce's back into one Giant mass in trillions of years.

If this event is cyclical then its possible that through the sheer massive size of the "uber singualrity" it warped time and come from the future and the past at the same time and is actually "inevitibility" which leads to the rest of the question....(not only where did god come from ?) but also where did he go ?

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
the only thing that i "KNOW" is that i consciously exist

the rest of you i don;t know

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nip

How can that be so ? all you are is a pile of water vibrating at a lowly resonance...what kind of conspiracy is this Nip ? you actually think therefore you are ? I bet you can't fly or break free from this orb can you ? so with your limited abilities I would suggest your are some kind of program running to strict parameters that restrict you to thinking about menial things like "I know I consciously exist"

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The Bible describes God as a spirit being outside of space and time. In fact, the very first verse of the Bible describes God creating both time and space. This would suggest that God always was. A creation suggests time. A creation has a beginning and usually an end. Since God created time itself, it would seem that God was not created but has always existed.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If God Created Everything, Who Created God?

For me: God is the un-created Creator. The un-caused first Cause. As there's no such thing as nothing... therefore... there was always some thing. Whether you call it mind, energy or God is a choice imho. Faith

I just started a thread on some new experimental ideas re: retrocausality here which is a bit of a brain twister too. Further if you're interested in these type of arguments I'd recommend checking out:

Wikipedia: Infinite Regress

Gödel's Ontological Argument

(edit)

madnessinmysoul

casua sui is the most favorable explaination for the existence of god.
that god is the cause of god's self
and thus is in violation of causality

AKA the Cosmological Argument

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Rren]

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ive also thought about this question in great detail recently and the problem i find is , there may never be an answer and you know why?

because even if we someday meet or become god we will still never know , if there is a god ,well how can we be sure that it knows where it came from... theres always a higher level and because of this im not sure even god knows how he/she/it came to be...so i think we should focus on the "HOW"as i think we will never know the true "WHY"

the question we must ask which boggles the mind is why is there "existence" at all

i mean we like to think things have a purpose but when you question the core existence itself it can be difficult to get your head around why the there is anything at all, and then whats harder is pictures no existence

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
THis kind of flies in the face of "Intelligent Design is not a religious theory!"

If everything was intelligently designed, then the desiner, by the very precepts of this supposedly secular theory, would also have to ahve been created... by an entity that was also created, who was in turn created, ad infinitum.

When you start citing supernatural causes for natural effects, you step outside of science and prove your intelligent design theory to be, well, not all that intelligent.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
have you ever looked into a mirror and saw infinite reflections in the mirror behind yourself? Or had a mirror on each side of you? I think it is like that. I also think that is how the universe looks from "God's" eyes.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
When you start citing supernatural causes for natural effects, you step outside of science and prove your intelligent design theory to be, well, not all that intelligent.

Right.....kinda like Big Bang?

Same problem, where did it all come from, just one is "science" and the other faith.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nip

Seems you've never taken an epistemology class.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Right.....kinda like Big Bang?

Same problem, where did it all come from, just one is "science" and the other faith.

I thought intelligent design only considered life systems - just as evolution does. We're talking about ID, after all, and not just random "Science is bad, bible is good!" stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
.... I believe that God was created in the imagination of mankind.
Cults fostered this idea and built myths around a culture of ignorance.
You only have to look at Norse, Roman and Greek mythology to see that these Gods/Godesses are the result of a rich imagination.
Maybe in the far future of our cultures the Christian concept of a God may be commited to the scrapheap like those of past civilisations.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

THis kind of flies in the face of "Intelligent Design is not a religious theory!"

If everything was intelligently designed, then the desiner, by the very precepts of this supposedly secular theory, would also have to ahve been created... by an entity that was also created, who was in turn created, ad infinitum.

Infinite regress is a philosophical argument not scientific. By your reasoning an infinite chain of natural causes (which you're proposing in a finite universe btw) is pseudoscience. Supernatural just means literally outside(above) nature. Multi-verses/dimensions fit just the same definition of religion... of course only when we use your version of what is religious and what is secular.

Your confusing the artifact with an architect. ID makes no case for the designer... it's design detection.

"certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause rather than an undirected process"

Like it or not, agree or disagree that what it says and what ID tries to do. A discussion on who's the designer - whether God, or is it just that life is enevitable via some currently un-known law(s), aliens from our own universe or another universe/dimension. They are discussions wrt the implications of ID not what ID proposes scientifically.

It's obvious what some critics don't like about ID and ironic how ID can't be used to support it. However, it's better than the old stuff where the schtick was something like 'oh yeah they're just creationists who believe the Earth is 6kyo, Noah had kangaroos on the Ark... that's ID bud... RUN!' Or, "see the flagellum is IC and couldn't have evolved in a Darwinian* fashion therefore Jesus is Lord! *(gradual, step-by-step) (note: NOT could not have evolved mind you, but that's chapt1 stuff missed by most internet critics - who are really just Bible critics in a cheap suit)*

:swoon:

The ATS O&C forum is evolving.

(edit)ID101 - Must Read!

[edit on 15-3-2007 by Rren]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join