It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Tried but failed to edit my previous post but I found THIS which may go a long way to explaining this.

I'll keep an open mind tho, but my brain will not fall out.

EDIT: Click on the "watch video" link - this isnt a static image it is video.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Personally, I think those of us following this thread have seen enough
pictures of solar ballons.

As the raw footage is probably being looked at and analysed as I type
this, it may be best to wait for the opinions of the experts.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Jagman -thats certainly a good find!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Personally, I think those of us following this thread have seen enough
pictures of solar ballons.

As the raw footage is probably being looked at and analysed as I type
this, it may be best to wait for the opinions of the experts.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

Yeah you may be right, but then again you might not. I think that if any one gets tired of the balloon theory they could probably speak for themselves. At last check no one had settled on a concrete explanation for this, or am I wrong?

I too grew tired of balloon images so I thought that it would behoove us to actually watch a video of one in action.

If it bores you, I am sorry. Simply ignore my posts.....

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Having finally had a chance to review the hi-res video, and read the comments posted to this point, I have to admit that I Still can't say what this thing really is.

I will say that from several brief shots in the video, I think I can just barely detect what appears to be the slightly bumpy, "nodule-esque" structure one would associate with what has been refered top as a "balloon arch". But it would be a shot in the dark to declare the case closed on that question.

It's an appealing thought, though.

As previously posted, there are several car dealerships, where such constructs are frequently employed as decorative elements, in the vicinity of the sighting. Carelessness could easily have resulted in an "escape".

I would like to think however, that in the interest of public safety, an accidental release of such a thing would entail quick notification of the authorities. Air traffic in the area could otherwise be placed at risk. A mid-air collision over a populated area would be catastrophic.

I also noted that there are several country clubs in the immediate area. Such facilities are quite popular as sites for weddings and other celebrations were these decorations are common. And I doubt that the sudden departure of one of the decorations would be met with much immediate concern for public safety from such an event. So if this were the source of our errant arch, it is unlikely that any one would have filed a report.

Some one might know how to inquire of the appropriate authorities as to whether, on the day in question, anyone reported a possible hazzard to air traffic?

None of the "Solar Balloons" referenced seem to be of the appriate size to match our bogey. That is not say that none exist, of course.

And, of course, to date, we do not have any real estimate of the actual size of this "UFO". Perhaps our photo-analysists will be able to calculate that.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Another odd worm-like object spotted by NASA

Google Video Link

It shows up about half-way through... could be space junk... but certainly odd.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Those are some sickening movements on those things. They seem more like maggots than worms. Something about the manner in which these creatures move that reminds me of wriggling, writhing maggots. Yes, I do think these are more like creatures/organisms rather than a machine such as a saucer or a probe.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Been trying to think what these things could be if not man made. One theory I have is that maybe it is some a organism or device aliens may be using to clean our atmoshpere. It seems like a maggot in movement, maggots eat rotting flesh. This thing perhaps eats harmful gases or maybe repairs the ozone. Or maybe it collects certain elements for them for use or study. I find it strange that these worm things are not only seen in the sky but in orbit in space. Nice find skepticoverlord, another worm filmed by nasa, I wonder how many more are out there.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, at least it's pretty safe to say that is not a solar balloon in SO's video clip. That thing looks like something I would not want to touch if it was only a centimeter long...but here it, is a gigantic version of a maggot! Arrrgggghhhh!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It seems as if NASA was "tipped-off" about this incoming anomoly and was actively searching for it. I wonder why this NASA vid looks no more advanced than my 1998 Sony Hi-8? You'd think that they had something which could pan, lock on and zoom right up to anything. Maybe its budget cuts.

Also, these worm-like UFO's seem to move very slow compared to traditional ones. Why is it that no military or government aircraft is ever dispatched to investigate? There seems to be plenty of time to do so. Even a helicopter could intercept one of these and take some really close photos/videos. Does anyone else find this lack of intercept mysterious?
-cwm

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
THe latest clip looks like a slightly out of focus bent rod tumbling in 3 degrees of freedom, with a fast axial rotation and slower rotation in the perpendicular plane.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
THe latest clip looks like a slightly out of focus bent rod tumbling in 3 degrees of freedom, with a fast axial rotation and slower rotation in the perpendicular plane.

I saw that in the Winter Olympics. The judges only awarded a 9.5! I was like, come on!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hey SkepticOverlord, couldn't help but notice all those points you got there....They sure look heavy
If you want, I can hold some of them for ya
You know, give your arms a break for a little while

Sorry, that would be my 5th Guiness Draught talking

Me in about 2 hours

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Well, at least it's pretty safe to say that is not a solar balloon in SO's video clip. That thing looks like something I would not want to touch if it was only a centimeter long...but here it, is a gigantic version of a maggot! Arrrgggghhhh!

Haha omg imagine that, a giant flying maggot! That would suck!!!

But yeah the one in the video just looks like debris (thank ****) lol

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Lochness Monster takes flight !! Just kidding great vid, just need to have it analysed and if a std UFO sighting report could be filled out and posted that would be great. (MUFON has the form). It can assist in getting all the little but important details.

Story Musgrave former NASA Astronaut, incamera said he twice witnessed (two different missions) what he called the Worm from orbit in orbit.
Explained in definitely had internal motion, one of Dr Musgrave's vids I have somewhere. This one in our atmosphere seems more in control of it's direction than the vid of one of the two sightings taken in orbit.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Perhaps our beautiful planet has become so sick from all the pollution in its air and land and water that it is dying and generating cosmic maggots like all things in decay. That writhing thing in SO's video clip is nauseating to look at. I hope those giant maggots don't develop into giant flies!

[edit on 17-3-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What a wierd thing that is.

reminds me of the "Rods" phenomenen.

www.dudeman.net...

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Oblate Spheroid]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Could be that these atmospheric worms are in the Unified Field Plasmoids (UFP's) category?
Check out this Orb Study website.
(originally posted by blue bird in another thread in this forum)

Just wondering, but could it be that these worms can also morph into those balls of lights so many of us see zipping around up there every once in a while? And who knows? -- maybe they can also morph into other shapes too! Someone here just started up a thread on the topic of orbs and if they they can morph into other shapes and forms i.e. saucers, triangles etc.... I was wondering about that too. Anyone here know?
I've seen a few UFO video's where they morph into other shapes so perhaps it's not too 'off base' to consider that these atmospheric worms can do that too where they are no longer seen in the shape of a worm.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Palasheea]

mod edit: Please read this link-ATTN: Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 17-3-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
It could be a wind indicator for skydiving.

Similar sighting, also over Los Angeles

Jumpmasters tape three lengths of clotheshanger wire to the end of a crepe-paper streamer and throw it from the plane over the drop zone. When it lands, the pilot flies over the wind indicator and begins counting seconds as the plane flies back toward the drop zone. When the plane arrives over the first jumper's desired impact point on the drop zone, the pilot begins counting again until the plane has flown the same number of seconds as the inbound trip.

The pilot uses the point then directly beneath the plane as a reference, and that's where the first jumper exits when the jump run begins.

Sorry.

Sorry but Jagman's object stays in the air far too long to be a "streamer". At least IMHO it does.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
reminds me of the "Rods" phenomenen.

DEBUNKED!

Rods are just fast moving insects being filmed by a slow camera. And did you see the size of Jagman's object.... that rod must have been HUGE!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join