It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hmm... if the object in question is seen first by Jagman, then later by kleverone, and if we assume that it is the same object, doesn't that mean that it was in the sky for many hours?

I am just wondering, wouldn't someone have called the police or something like that, or at least the military would've picked it up? There's a lot of military bases around that area, and if something was there in the sky for many hours, I am sure they would've gotten a report and have dealt with it?

Something like that could be hazardous to air traffic right?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here is a link to some solar balloon pics. I have also e-mailed two experts in the field for their opinion on the OP's video. Hopefully they will respond.

www.mcps.k12.md.us...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirstForKnowledge
Hmm... if the object in question is seen first by Jagman, then later by kleverone, and if we assume that it is the same object, doesn't that mean that it was in the sky for many hours?

Didn't Jagman see the 'worm', while Kleverone saw a 'daylight disc' ?

I'm sure they saw two different UFOs.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In my e-mails I only asked one question and that is:

In your opinion is this a solar balloon?

I then included the OP's video link.

E-mail response from Laurent Besset of ballonsolaire in France (english not his first language of course):

Hello !

My assumption : A person carries out a cylindrical solar balloon : 15 m length, 1 m diameter. This person releases the balloon. The balloon goes up to 18000m of altitude approximately. The sun dissolves the plastic. The balloon is bored. It redscend gently. It is inflated less. It becomes deformed. That gives this video...

Regards.

Laurent

Laurent Besset
12, place du Marché
26150 DIE
tel.04.75.22.06.28 le soir
E-Mail : [email protected]
perso.wanadoo.fr...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by ThirstForKnowledge

Didn't Jagman see the 'worm', while Kleverone saw a 'daylight disc' ?

I'm sure they saw two different UFOs.

That's correct. Jeff Ritzmann has looked at/analyzed the "disc" image and is convinced it's a speck dust on the lens or very close to it (in the air).

Springer...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well I took some time and captured a few more images from the raw footage. Some of them are very interesting. I realize some of them are distorted/blurry but I did the best I could. A little over 60 images... Take a look! Album

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Gret Job jagman
And just to clear the air, this is not the object I saw. I saw a round disc shaped object. Thanks for taking the time to post those! That thing is weird.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

E-mail response from Laurent Besset of ballonsolaire in France (english not his first language of course):

Hello !

My assumption : A person carries out a cylindrical solar balloon : 15 m length, 1 m diameter. This person releases the balloon. The balloon goes up to 18000m of altitude approximately. The sun dissolves the plastic. The balloon is bored. It redscend gently. It is inflated less. It becomes deformed. That gives this video...

Regards.

Laurent

Laurent Besset
12, place du Marché
26150 DIE
perso.wanadoo.fr...

Case closed. An expert just proved this is a balloon.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by braddman

Hello !

Regards.

Laurent

Laurent Besset
12, place du Marché
26150 DIE
perso.wanadoo.fr...

While this may very well be what Mr. Besset claims ( a weather balloon) even he says "it is my assumption" and while I'm sure he is an expert in his field and very good at what he does, his opinion in no way proves anything.

Case still open

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm not in any way doubting that this may very well be a solar balloon or something similar but... Every picture of a solar balloon that I have seen is black. It's black for a reason. It absorbs more light thus creating more lift. Now I'm not saying their aren't any blue solar balloons around... But why would you sacrifice the balloons ability to gain lift by making it a different color?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello Jagman. I made this image mosaic for you with frames
from your video. Please accept this contribution.

i75.photobucket.com...

I have analyzed the white light attached to the black body and
it's a feature still difficult to explain wich gives your footage
more value. I don't think this particular worm shaped object
is a balloon. In order to sustain the balloon theory we must
see a replica filmed under similar conditions and providing
the same elements: duration, behavior, characteristics and
of course the white light or luminous object attached to the
solar balloon of whose function should be explained.

Then we could have a decent comparison.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looks like a kite to me... similar to some of the ones in this catalog... note that you can choose which colors you want a purchased kite to be...

www.gombergkites.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by braddman

Hello !

My assumption : ....

How did he prove it?

In any case, I do believe the guy has a good point about it being a deflating solar balloon and i'm quite inclined to go with that theory. But i'm still interested in what your definition of 'proof' is.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
How did he prove it?

It's obvious he made a mistake in his wording, let's not argue semantics. I think what he should have said is that in that person's expert opinion they believe it to be a solar balloon. It's hard to imagine the solar balloon explanation being any more plausible that a near space Ascender top-secret thingamajig explanation.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
at first it looked like a parachute and in some of the close-ups you see what appears to be lines coming from the edges, much like a parachut but then it started changing shape.

The only thing I could think of was that it was a parachute and the shape changing was a result of the skydiver moving around and the chute gave the appearance of changing shape

that said, those shape changes did not seem to be a parachute.

for reference

and

again, these chutes shouldn't bend and twist but I'm wondering if it is, perhaps, a trick of the eye as a result of the shute turning.

100% unsure and a cool vid nonetheless

lLooks like a parachut that has been cut away and is blowing in the wind. Maybe someone in the area could investigate this.

Wildcat

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's pretty hard to deny the similarity...

And the fact that the footage was taken over a college campus.

I was really hoping this was something unexplainable.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am in possession of Jagman's original 600 megabyte video and he even sent the mini disc, right out of his camera that her recorded the object on.

There is no way to be more forthright and HONEST than that.
This man is cooperating fully and I have faith we will discover what this is,whether we can identify it as a solar bag or something "unknown" remains to be seen.

I am forwarding the DVD to David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann today and I am in the process of uploading the whole 600 megs to our secure server here at ATS.

Once we have the upload complete SkepticOverlord and I will be select some of the better footage of the object and present a series of short videos in the original, uncompressed, higher resolution the DVD contains here on ATS.

Per agreement with Jager, we will NOT be presenting the audio (the audio contains personal information and some "colorful language", typical of a guy who is very excited
) that is on the DVD.

Hopefully we will have the clips from the higher resolution original up by tomorrow for all to see.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Excellent. So whether it was a college prank or something more we will soon know.
And great job Jager. At least we can defintely say you are an honest individual.

Originally posted by Springer
Per agreement with Jager, we will NOT be presenting the audio (the audio contains personal information and some "colorful language", typical of a guy who is very excited
) that is on the DVD.

I don't blame you Jager, if I saw something like that my language would be so colourful it'd put some of the things Picasso drew to shame.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is called "leading the witness".
You should have presented the evidence, then asked, what is your opinion.

You insinuated a preconcieved notion.

Lex

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm working on a "best of" compilation of interesting segments, combined with a full-version for download.

From what I've seen of the original video, it appears not to behave like the videos we've seen of solar balloons... but that's not to say it's not one of those or a run-away balloon arch from a street fair.

Soon, we'll all have access to some uncompressed footage to review.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join