It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a DEMON

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry but you havent answered my question, i specifically asked:

If the Lord will give everyone a chance to repent then how is Judgement supposed to come down on us if there are babies born everyday?

That would mean never because if God were to give everyone a chance to repent and babies are born everyday.....

Do you see what i mean?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It must be a really cruel and harsh world - for people to come up with the brutal story like OT!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Look I don't know about Yahweh being a demon or not... mut I want to share my situation.

Last year I was seperated from my wife for awhile and during this time she was born again as a Christian. During this time I was getting drunk a lot and basically doing lots of worng things. I ended up in a lot of trouble and soon realised that my place / responsiblity was with my wife and kids and not living like a single teenager!

I saw the happiness of my wife and the good life that she was leading and surmised that this was due to here belief in Jesus. I wanted to give this example to my children as well. So I knelt, repented and called upon the name of Jesus.

We then began attending an evangelical church and were subsequently baptised. I think the people at the chruch are genually good and kind hearted. Life since joinging the church has been good, but...

After around 6 months of this, after praying everyday for faith I am just not feeling it. They say the holy spirit works in you, but I am not feeling it. They talk of miracles, but I am seeing chance occurance and common sense.

So now I when I am at church I feel like a complete and utter hipocrite, I find myself watching the people around me, sing, pray and cry and wonder what is it that they have that I do not... why should they have this holy spirit and me not.

Talk about any of the above to them, and always the fault will be mine, ie you don't have enough faith, you are not doing right (doing what???)... My wife is especially fervant and zealous - every second sentance is something to do with god or jesus, it's even at that point where she says "this is a christian houshold so only christians will live here...", etc - I genually love her, but at this time if it wasn't for the children I would probably leave again, as I don't feel that she can handle being married to a non christian and I don't know how much longer I can live the lie...

There is one thing though - the laws, the laws (being kind to one another, love thy neihgbor, don't get drunk, etc, etc) have done wonders for my life, and I wish to continue living under this philosophy, but as much as I try I just cannot feel the faith...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Why is there a need to punish all non-believers, who maybe neutral and are not on any side? Why is everyone else so feared and seen as a threat?

Either with or against me? sounds like Bush. (Only the dark side deals in absolutes. Star Wars episode III .....whahaaaaa
)

Why is absolute obedience so important? Is it an army?

Why would any moral or spiritual enlighten being have a need to be obeyed and/or worshipped? What about respect for one another for what and who they are regardless of rank, power or believe?

Good people are naturally attracted to one another, evil ones seek to dominate everyone and everything else in between, neutral ones respect all others, until directly/indirectly threatened or attacked.

Which side sees the need to use fear to control another? Why side has the most to fear form everyone else?

(man this sounds like a D&D game.... Chaotic good, lawful good, neutral good, neutral, neutral evil, lawful evil, chaotic evil.... whahahaaa
)

[edit on 7-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
Why is there a need to punish all non-believers, who maybe neutral and are not on any side? Why is everyone else so feared and seen as a threat?

Which side sees the need to use fear to control another? Why side has the most to fear form everyone else?

To keep us in line. That "...opium of the masses" schtick. To make us fight wars, pay taxes, and generally tow the party line.

Without fear of being tortured for eternity, who in their right mind would live a life of self-deprivation and self-imposed ignorance?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by befoiled]

I probably should have said a form of self imposed ignorance, defined as the refusal to attempt to see things objectively, and viewing all things with the intent of strengthening beliefs already held.

My original use of the term (when viewed objectively
), seemed a little over the top.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by befoiled]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
sorry if someone else has said it, i may have missed a few posts since i'm multitasking.

even though to some ats'ers his name is anathema, in his book the sign and the seal graham hancock briefly postulates that the description of the entity moses named yahweh and lived in the ark of the covenant is very similar to the classic description of a djinn in many middle eastern myths.

from what i remember, djinn took power parasitically from those that were their hosts, an alternate origin for the vampire mythos as well.

hope that makes sense.... continue on debating wrath and mercy!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekOneSeven17
Some of you had mentioned Jesus in your posts...

Jesus's, like many true Divine messengers', work and teachings have been greatly misrepresented, abused, edited, slandered, and used as tools by the evil people of this world to further their evil agendas. Today, Jesus's name is used by the evil churches to enslave the minds and souls of their followers, and in the past, was even used as an excuse to torture, steal, and murder.

[edit on 3/6/2007 by DerekOneSeven17]

True,the "church" has used his teachings to further their power and global quest for conquest. The council of Nicea is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Allow everything that affirms the power hungry's motivations and delete and leave out all that doesn't.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by befoiled
Without fear of being tortured for etenity, who in their right mind would live a life of self-deprivation and self-imposed ignorance?

Are you talking about hermits here?

Why must obedience, fear and reward be the driving force behind any good or bad deed? Why can't a person do a good deed not influence by religion or karma, but by personal choices, respect or moral virtues?

Which is most important to a religion? The obedience and worshipping to a God of one's religion or the moral and spiritual development of it's followers?

Religion is not need to teach one moral virtues, a philosophy will do.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
If the Lord will give everyone a chance to repent then how is Judgement supposed to come down on us if there are babies born everyday?

That would mean never because if God were to give everyone a chance to repent and babies are born everyday.....

Do you see what i mean?

Those who have eyes to see will. Ask him not me.

Matthew 24:19
And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf
Look I don't know about Yahweh being a demon or not... mut I want to share my situation.

Last year I was seperated from my wife for awhile and during this time she was born again as a Christian. During this time I was getting drunk a lot and basically doing lots of worng things. I ended up in a lot of trouble and soon realised that my place / responsiblity was with my wife and kids and not living like a single teenager!

I saw the happiness of my wife and the good life that she was leading and surmised that this was due to here belief in Jesus. I wanted to give this example to my children as well. So I knelt, repented and called upon the name of Jesus.

We then began attending an evangelical church and were subsequently baptised. I think the people at the chruch are genually good and kind hearted. Life since joinging the church has been good, but...

After around 6 months of this, after praying everyday for faith I am just not feeling it. They say the holy spirit works in you, but I am not feeling it. They talk of miracles, but I am seeing chance occurance and common sense.

So now I when I am at church I feel like a complete and utter hipocrite, I find myself watching the people around me, sing, pray and cry and wonder what is it that they have that I do not... why should they have this holy spirit and me not.

Talk about any of the above to them, and always the fault will be mine, ie you don't have enough faith, you are not doing right (doing what???)... My wife is especially fervant and zealous - every second sentance is something to do with god or jesus, it's even at that point where she says "this is a christian houshold so only christians will live here...", etc - I genually love her, but at this time if it wasn't for the children I would probably leave again, as I don't feel that she can handle being married to a non christian and I don't know how much longer I can live the lie...

There is one thing though - the laws, the laws (being kind to one another, love thy neihgbor, don't get drunk, etc, etc) have done wonders for my life, and I wish to continue living under this philosophy, but as much as I try I just cannot feel the faith...

It'd be amazing to know just how many are living a lie. "Christian Atheists" if you will. That have dressed up and been a slave to a ritual or whatever for a period of time. Then proceeded to get sick of it and quit all together. Then pop out and proclaim to the masses "I once was a (insert your label here. they got so freakin many of them now.) "Christian" but now I'm Atheist!"

It's satan's plot to destroy real Christianity.

You can't dress up and play church and be saved. You can't make yourself look like somebody else and be saved.

The Pharisees are the reason for this. Jesus said they travel the earth finding people to make look holy, then end up making them into twice the children of hell they ever were.

They are like a whited sepulchre all painted up to look good before men but always have been dead and rotten on the inside.

You gotta understand this and this only, you are a dead man without Jesus Christ. Without accepting and understanding the sacrifice he made for you. Everything else is secondary. Once you come to this understanding, HE WILL CHANGE YOU. The same change for the better that you have witnessed.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
You gotta understand this and this only, you are a dead man without Jesus Christ. Without accepting and understanding the sacrifice he made for you. Everything else is secondary. Once you come to this understanding, HE WILL CHANGE YOU. The same change for the better that you have witnessed.

Believe me, at the time when I knelt and asked forgiveness and pronounced my belief I gave all. Like I said after this I read the word and prayed for faith. So what more must I do? You also seem to be stating that I am somehow controlled by satan in your comments...

How does one confrom his mind to believe in Jesus? Why can some believe and others not? what is the pre-requisite? Am I going to hell because no matter how hard I try I can't believe in Jesus? Am I dead and rotten inside like you say?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by sobolwolf]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Believe me, at the time when I knelt and asked forgiveness and pronounced my belief I gave all. Like I said after this I read the word and prayed for faith. So what more must I do?

If you seek the truth. You'll find it. The HOLY GHOST is a teacher. He teaches you on his time, not your's. If you ask for something, don't expect it to fall out of the sky in front of you. A day to him is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day.

The only advice I can give you, is don't give up AND never take a man's word for anything, only that which is written. Many wolves come to you in sheep's clothing. Because there is none good but GOD.

You also seem to be stating that I am somehow controlled by satan in your comments...

He's messed with all of us at one point or another.

Why can some believe and others not?

It would really help my sanity to know the answer to that.

Am I dead and rotten inside like you say?

That's a step in the direction of believing. The only thing is, is you won't stand before me when it's all over, so what good would it do you if I praise, or condemn you?

In light of GOD's Holiness, what are you?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

In light of GOD's Holiness, what are you?

We are all God, so I guess I am in my own light.

P.S. I don't believe in one higher power. What I believe is that we are all part of this light no one better than the other, we have just forgotten who we are here on earth.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Some will be shown just how "god" they think they are at some point. He who exalts himself will be humbled.

P.S. I don't believe in one higher power. What I believe is that we are all part of this light no one better than the other, we have just forgotten who we are here on earth.

Cool. If I proclaimed that I don't believe in gravity and jumped off the side of a mountain. Would that make me any less dead when I hit the ground?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Some will be shown just how "god" they think they are at some point. He who exalts himself will be humbled.

I should know better than to feed the trs but....

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Genisis 8:21

Doesn't God more or less say It won't ever destroy the world again after the flood? Why would God lie?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately trying to prove the existence of something that does not exist with logic is invalid, so your argument doesn't really work.

People can believe whatever they want, that is the wonderful thing about life, but soon as you start pointing to some words that were written long ago and claim that they are the words of this one higher power, that doesn't exist and we can't see it....logic has gone right out the window.

It is a personal choice and a personal belief. Pointing to some words that man has wrote and claiming it is this one God this all powerful God and trying to make a case out of it, is called circular argumentation. You can learn about this in logic 101.

But if you claim faith and not try to prove metaphysic's with words or logic, then I will say OK.

But faith is just that, faith, nothing more to be said.

Cool. If I proclaimed that I don't believe in gravity and jumped off the side of a mountain. Would that make me any less dead when I hit the ground?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbadon777
Doesn't God more or less say It won't ever destroy the world again after the flood? Why would God lie?

He won't, nor will he destroy his seed. His promises last for eternity.

How many seed does it take to grow a tree? How many seed does the tree produce? How many bad seed have been sown, that have produced bad trees that produce more bad seed?

This isn't entirely a genetic thing, can be spiritual. He has two creations. One was formed from dirt and the later is of the spirit. The first had bad seed that literally mingled into it. The second also. A little bad leaven can destroy the whole bunch.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's unbeliveble how you belivers are hooked to 'eternal' life....yes, atoms from your body don't 'die' -they turn into something else, but even that prosess is not eternal (The Second law of Thermodynamics meaning: everything is winding down) .....so,basicly it is all about fear - and life you live is just something you must 'endure' ...how depressing...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

It's unbeliveble how you belivers are hooked to 'eternal' life....yes, atoms from your body don't 'die' -they turn into something else, but even that prosess is not eternal (The Second law of Thermodynamics meaning: everything is winding down) .....so,basicly it is all about fear - and life you live is just something you must 'endure' ...how depressing...

ah...cool.
Someone thinking along the same lines as my ATS blog

That is more a practical and realistic view point...as there is no proof we keep living on beyond what we see here and now. Mainly fear based...fear that we wont exist...so we dont bother existing while we are here...now.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Mainly fear based...fear that we wont exist...so we dont bother existing while we are here...now.

Peace

dAlen

All corporations, governments, religions, financial institutions are fear based. They prey off of what people can't understand or ever know, the more fear the more loyal group of believers they will attract.

My philosophy these days is anyone that promotes fear and tries to control by fear is opposite of my beliefs.

I can't wait to read your blog to see what you have to say.

RT

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join