It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Dropping Fast, dont buy the China Stock

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

"So go crawl back in your hole you troll

EDIT: PS, instead of asking people on a message board to educate you, go on my friend~ google, or watch my other friend CNBC, or read up on the business section on the BBC. They have great info there "

Its a message board designed for discussions. The key and main point of this forum is to relate and educate each other. To say that asking people to present information on a discussion is normal. I love to educate and be educated and you seem to so yourself so we have no quarrel sir. There is no reason to refer to me as a troll. This is a thread I started, it would be counter productive to troll the very people I want to commune with. I still have not been negative in my reply's so show me the same respect please. It seems people who go around calling people paranoid don't last long on this board.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Cerkit Breaker]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Europe has just balanced out.

just waiting to see what happens to America

JSR

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ok, i have some questions.
first why is the gold market still down, if london is even and US looks to be ok?

so i looked around and found this.

www.dailyfutures.com...

Metals
The gold market tumbled further after yesterday's close and is trading lower today, hurt by expectations of a possible slowdown in Asia.

if the asian markets are keeping gold down, then i go back to what an earlier poster put up

Originally posted by nobodyelse
The slump of Gold on the market is nightmarish. It means the markets are fearing a full-scale depression or worse..

and, then we know the asian markets preceeded the dip in US, or could be said to lead it.

so, here is the question.
does the asian markets expect a much worse picture?
and, how will that effect US later on? after we pull back to normal for show of pride. are'nt the US markets still overvalued?

[edit on 28-2-2007 by JSR]

[edit on 28-2-2007 by JSR]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Canadian resources are being hit hard, though Oil seems to be getting it the worst for a change. TSX is in the red. We are a resource dependent nation and when it gets hit so does the dollar and the markets. Good news for resource buyers though as prices will be coming down in the near term and that could spur more insane growth next year in Asia, though I expect more of that growth to come from India rather than China this time around.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Europe is taking a beating again,

FTSE is down by nearly 2%

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The DJIA is up like around 109 pts. at the moment. So at least for now it doesn't seem like a catastrophic collapse.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The DJIA is up like around 109 pts. at the moment. So at least for now it doesn't seem like a catastrophic collapse.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

its up to 124 now

European markets are starting to dip again.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
DAX has closed 100 points down and the FTSE is currently at 114 points down.

Europe is still playing catch up, expect afew more losses to come.

Many have said that they are still waiting to see what China is doing.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerkit Breaker
I still have not been negative in my reply's so show me the same respect please.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Cerkit Breaker]

Cerkit Breaker's negativity:

*1. Making generalizations about a group of people is ignorant and is a sign of bigotry. Racist's and religious zealots use it to spread fear which you either have been taught or teaching. You personally demonstrate your own obviously low, vibrational level.

You have not cited any source of you (dis)info, nor do my credentials have any bearing on this discussion

This is your opinion, not fact. Just because it is your opinion does not make it a valid fact. Saying that your OPINION is backed up by People with higher educations does NOT make you argument any more valid either. It may make it even less so because you stated it.

I should learn to be as positive and nice as you are

And as hypocritical

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
By comparison to general equities, Gold is a small market. It really doesn't take that much to move it...ie..to begin triggering stops in the 'black box' trading systems.

Bear in mind that a rising price of gold is equivalent to a vote of no confidence in the US dollar. Therefore it's in the best interest of the 'powers that be' to cap the POG, particularly when the indicators are Gold positive. It's called Central Bank, and Bullion Bank intervention, and serves to dampen enthusiasm for the metal. Banks hate Gold. You can witness this nefarious activity simply by watching the London spot market around 3:00am ET on days that Gold is poised to move on bad economic data, a looming geopolitical event, or some other Gold positive news. Ultimately, the Gold Cartel will fail due to dwindling bank supply, diminishing world production, wars & rumors of war, a weakening US Dollar, and increasing physical demand. I'm confident that Gold will eventually see four figures before this current precious metal bull...blows-off. An excellent source of information on Gold market manipulation is Bill Murphy's 'GATA' (Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee). /2az6t7

I'm watching today's action closely. Historically, Gold hasn't closed above $666 on the last trading day of the month since Sept. 1980. If we get +$666 today, then this show of strength opens the door for Gold to quickly regain yesterday's loss...but if not, then it's only a matter of time...My quote stream is showing $670.90 as I type, with 15 minutes until close.

The Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges have set new rules effective May 1, 2007. This is an effort to curb speculation, and in my opinion, this contributed to yesterday's sell-off. I'm not anticipating a major slow down in China's economy. One indication...in spite of the carnage yesterday, base metals, particularly nickel, continued to hold up.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

*Just another crazed Gold bug*

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
I'm not anticipating a major slow down in China's economy.

Well, the Chinese government is trying to slow it down due to fears of burn out.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
I'm not anticipating a major slow down in China's economy.

There won't be a major slow down in China's economy, especially due to what happened yesterday. But there is a slight slow down. Not to mention they are raising interest rates (India is too) to slow down their economy somewhat.

Also...I think silver is a better buy than gold personally. Sorry gold bug

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Also...I think silver is a better buy than gold personally. Sorry gold bug

LOL!....that's cool RR...I own & trade em' both. The Gold market just makes for better conversation.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If nobody noticed but me, most stocks have already bounced back today. I was expecting it to take 2 or 3 days.

I was planning on some bottom-buying on thursday or friday, but things are looking kind of weird. I'm just going to wait a few weeks for everything to cool off.

I definately wouldn't panic and pull all my money out of stocks at a loss, though.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Qute frankly I stay out of the DOW JONES and NASDAQ, they are both based on the US dollar when it comes down to it, and I don't like my money being in the hands of one single economy.

Learn how to use the foreign exchange market, then use it to your advantage.

Do not go into it if you don't know what you are doing, it is a touchy market, and you had better know what is going on in each involved countries economy before you make a purchase.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The market opened sharply down today.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ya, I had a feeling that this downturn wasn't over yet. I'd still wait a day or two to start some bottom buying.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the dow is down less than 0.4% not something to concern yourself with

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Markets are going to remain shakey till early next week, by then we should see markets become stable.

Asian markets will probably react badly to the European decline again and shakey US stock, so we could see a fourth day of this.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

watch the video

"Faber Sees U.S. Stocks Dropping 10-15%, Steeper Decline in Asia Play"

its interesting and a prediction of a 10-15% correction in the markets.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join