It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Dropping Fast, dont buy the China Stock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

New York isn't going to get out of this alive.

Welcome to step one.

Step 2 to come once people become desperate.

- Dow Jones Industrial Average
12,422.37 -209.89 / -1.66%
Feb 27 2:00pm ET †
Open: 12,628.90
High (day): 12,629.38
Low (day): 12,422.37
YTD%Change: -0.33%
Volume: 172,240,537.00
Prev. Close: 12,632.26
52-Week Range (Low - High): 10,683.32 - 12,795.93

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Cerkit Breaker]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Over 200 points and 2 more hours to go.

What is the cause of this?

Edit: If you scroll down, every US market today is in the red big time.
Why are all the world markets in the red as well?

The only markeys in the green or from Norway and Sweden.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by ben91069]

[edit on 27-2-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerkit Breaker
money.cnn.com...

New York isn't going to get out of this alive.

Welcome to step one.

Step 2 to come once people become desperate.

And what is step 2? What do you call desperate?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Holy Cow what’s going on is there a disaster going on some where?

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Desperate people do desperate things, we may see someone take a lot of power from this whole situation and whom ever that person is, we must be cautious about because they may not have the best intentions for humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sure drops suck but its a drop from an all-time high.

Its like complaining that mortgage rates have gone up .5%.
Theyve gone up .5% from an all-time low.

If the DJ drops below 10K Ill start to freak. Otherwise its most likely heavy corrections or some major profit taking from the big mutual funds.

People freaking out pre-maturely certainly doesnt help anything. They all pull their money and others see it falling even further so they pull their money. The next thing you know everyones bankrupt because some panicy or ametuer investors sparked a wave of doom for no good reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The DOWJ wasn't at an all-time high if you adjust it for inflation since the early 20th century..

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A nice combination of events has driven the market down. You have chinese fears of gov't interference in Shanghai, Greenspan predicting a recession again(the guy isn't even fed chairman and he still has this power to sway the markets), decline in durable goods orders, etc.

this all combines to create a drop which scares the average investor who sells in a panic further driving the markets downward.

Why Cerkit Breaker thinks this is a New York only issue is beyond me. This is a global issue, all markets are tanking and people in countries around the world are invested in all of these markets so when things get bad, everyone suffers or prospers (if they're playing the hedge side).

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDEX:26099400) 12395.77-236.49/ -1.87% 2:28pm ET

And continuing to drop

Here is a chart for the Gold Market.

www.kitco.com...

Gold is looking better and better everyday. Although its real value is the one we put on it hahaha. It is really just a piece of very heavy yellow metal.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
let it fall some more, then swoop in and start buying.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
let it fall some more, then swoop in and start buying.

I'm with you there allready have my etrade set at buy at mark.

Let the monies roll on in.

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, everything is down in the markets today, even gold has dropped significantly. What gives?

BTW, if you ever planned on buying stock, today might be the day to do it.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Big drop sure, but it is not a crash or anything close to a crash. It is odd that all markets would fall like that in the same way, the Nasdaq is currently down 3.04%.. when the DOW gets to 11k-10k il worry.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
interesting that greenspan spoke out yesterday and the market falls today. even though today many will have suffered, i am sure there are some who will make loads on this as usual.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Radio Shack is up almost 13%. I was deciding between Altria and Radio Shack a few months back and made the wrong decision.

I hate that

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, was looking at the stocks just a second ago in China, an 8.8 percentage DROP in their value, over 140billion dollars lost. That is the largest drop in over 10 years. That is a huge story.. who knows how long it will last, but I still don't see this as the beginning of anything to bad.. unless you just bought stock in GM.
anyways, just remember in the past 6 months the DOW rose 12 percent, it fell 2percent today so its not that bad. It may continue for a few days, or people will start buying up the stock now that its down, there may be a turn around tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
for anyone thinking that a huge stock sell off might be the beginning signs of a war or something crazy, the Gold market has fallen significantly today.. which is odd I would think it would rise with people moving money from stocks to metals.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the US markets are only following what the Asian & European markets did already.

the big players, the mega-million $ Funds are all on computer programs
so its not the small investor creating this 'orchestrated' plunge.

trading curbs are in effect, so if your not trading large Blocks of shares you've probably been boxed out.
actually for the small investor this plunge is an opportunity, if your serious and have a european broker you can get a headstart of 4-5 hours before the NYSE opens tomorrow & then continue buying with your stateside account or broker...
the ex-fed said that the downturn might happen in the 3-4th quarter in the USA...
? i wonder how that forecast would have caused the Asian & Chinese markets to drop 8-9%??

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
maybe the attempt to kill Dick Cheney the other day is freaking people out.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the BBC WTC7 video?..

Maybe "they" know their lies have finally been cracked and they are moving things ahead.

Or maybe its just me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join