It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Dropping Fast, dont buy the China Stock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
im not sure if we about to see a huge crash,
but i would not rule out the hand of China. Many have said on this board that China will not defeat America via military but by economics.

i've got it on FOX and they are running around mad..

DOW is closing on about -416

if it drops again tomorrow around this point, will it crash and how do you define a "market crash"?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
FOXNews is reporting that President is watching this news very close...

hmmm, i'd be concerned now.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a 'crash' is normally for double digit percentage losses... so 3% is a little off, although China was at almost 9% so a little closer.

At the moment it's the worst day drop since the day the market opened after 9/11.

Normally the panic subsides after the trading closes for the day and everyone works out a plan. The issue here is there's more bad financial news on the immediate horizon that may exacerbate matters

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
are we likely to see a market crash in the United States and Europe?

whats this about we are expected to see bad news for the rest of the week? if we reach a double digit % by the end of the week? is that a market crash then?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was on the yahoo stock boards today with

ancientchinesesecret2000, guess I ticked him off.

So got to check on the results.

Oil, land and Google were my picks.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
there was a prediction out their somewhere regarding the second great depression...it was said to start this year *thinks*

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Investor sentiment on Wall Street was also knocked by figures showing that US growth may be slowing down more than anticipated, with a government report earlier showing that orders for durable goods in January had dropped by the largest amount in three months.

"As the afternoon has progressed, there seems to be a sense of panic among some professional investors," said Andre Bakhos, president of Princeton Financial Group.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If growth is slowing down than the markets could open up tomorrow facing another huge dip.

the Asia markets open again in a couple of hours, it will be interesting to see if there is another major loss in China.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
.......Dow jones dropping fast.....

Irans future has been determined by the powers that be.And the people in the know know an excuse to execute those plans mean another fake terror attack.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

JSR

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos

Iran.

care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Irans future has been determined by the powers that be.And the people in the know know an excuse to execute those plans mean another fake terror attack.

want to prove it?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

want to prove it?

come back here at the end of April.

JSR

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

determined by the powers that be.And the people in the know know an excuse to execute those plans mean another fake terror attack.

what does this have to do with world market dips?

are you saying the powers that be produced the dips?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The US government is going to come out tomorrow to revise its fourth-quarter GDP growth down to an annual rate of about 2.3 percent from an initial forecast of 3.5 percent.

Expect another loss tomorrow, things are not going to get better for a while, especially if we see another Asia sell-off

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

determined by the powers that be.And the people in the know know an excuse to execute those plans mean another fake terror attack.

what does this have to do with world market dips?

are you saying the powers that be produced the dips?

Economic crashes can give cause for war.. had we not been in a depression in the late 1920's we never would have attacked Hitler. Crashes give the people a cause for war to improve their lives, and are then more easily manipulated. Wars fix economic crashes, a war with Iran would hold the economy up.

I think thats what hes saying, though I don't see the government causing the economy to tumble, if you look at the news given today its not surprising. When does the Asian market open? It will determine if we should ecpect another bad day.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
another hour i think,

i think thats when the Asia markets open up

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The market started down this morning certainly in part due to the Shanghai market's correction and this morning's dismal durable goods numbers.

There are technical reasons that are multiplying any reactionary movements in the markets today. This afternoon the NYSE trading system was overwhelmed and all hell broke loose. Traders stayed late to presumably play catch up. There are indications (futures ticking down after the bell, huge backlog of orders) that tomorrow's open will be nasty regardless of any international or domestic factors. This is was on CNBC's "Kudlow and Friends" show at around 5:30pm. This is also corroborated on businessweek.com

When the Dow Jones industrial average plunged to its low of the session Tuesday, it happened with incredible swiftness -- a matter of seconds -- because of a computer glitch that kept some trades from being immediately reflected in the index of 30 blue chip stocks.

Spokesmen for the NYSE Group Inc. and Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. could not immediately confirm if all closing share prices were valid. A spokesman for the Big Board said it experienced "intermittent delays and are currently assessing the situation." The Nasdaq said it was "confirming" the closing numbers.

Traders stayed late to presumably play catch up. There are indications (futures ticking down after the bell, huge backlog of orders) that tomorrow's open will be nasty regardless of any international or domestic factors.

That being said, any overreaction by people will certainly exaggerate the affect on the markets.

As Business Week puts it:

The market's worries were't limited to China. "The perfect storm of geopolitical stress via Iran, Chinese asset reversal, and lingering concerns about the subprime mortgage market" raise concerns about a global growth downturn, according to Action Economics.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Australia just opened;

AORD 5,770.60 Down 207.00 (3.46%)

China to open soon, first market of the new trading isn't looking good. Due to the DOW closing on a huge dip, expect China to open on a HUGE dip

finance.yahoo.com...

[edit on 27-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
get on Bloomberg,

they have described the Asia markets as opening, i quote, "horriblely"

Chinese markets open in two hours and Bloomberg "are not looking forward to it"

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
CNN is saying that this was a glitch, which it most obviously is not, for if it where, no one would trust the stock market at all, which would make it crash even further.

What is see now is a lot of high ups trying to figure out what to do for tomorrow without directly causing a crash, but will most likely soon see a stock market fallout.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is a chart of certain foreign indexes for those who like charts. You can add more based on the page infinite posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join