It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Dropping Fast, dont buy the China Stock

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So she loses hearing meanwhile others just ride through the storm holding for decades? Interesting...

link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Should I be worried, it sounds like chaos over their. I remember (long time ago) watching the news and paying attention to the stock market reports and people going crazy waving their hands like cavemen and spitting out words for some odd reason at the hundreds of T.V monitors. I was like, O_o' "What has this world come to?" I mean, is this the end of the world? Are the skys falling ?!

7A

Lets put it into an easier perspective.

Tuesday, Feb. 27th.

In one sign of how shaken investors were, the CBOE Volatility Index, known as Wall Street's "fear gauge," surged 70.5 percent to a session high at 19.01 and then retraced its steps a bit to end at 18.31, a gain of 64.2 percent.

Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst at Standard & Poor's, said the stock market's tumble wiped out more than $430 billion in the S&P 500 stock values, almost matching the value of stock buybacks by S&P 500 companies last year.

He estimated that for the overall market, the loss was $600 billion.

Chinas was 148billion dollars.

Why are people waving hands like cavemen and spitting out verbal nonsense? Because some people, especially people who trade stocks for a living.. have the very likely potential to loose money. And alot of it.

link   
[edit on 27-2-2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You have voted Rockpuck for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

basically what you are seeing is a string of bad news hitting the markets at once. China opens up in just over an hour.

tomorrow may be Black Wednesday

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Japan is looking to loose about 5% at the start of trading.

another bad news story, the Chinese economy could be slowing down.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Nikkei sounds bad although it has to be taken in perspective. Japan does its own thing regardless of the rest of the world. In 1987, it was almost unaffected and rose soon afterwards.

The key one will be the BIGGEST percentage dropping one, the one that makes the headlines, and the more it tends to be an Anglophone market the worse the damage. Ozzies will phone their pals and have holding in London that will spread the "bacilli" of selling, not least as they try to cut their days losses by buying puts on the London Market.

London is where it will all come out in the wash. If London does not crash, New York will soar, if it crashes 5-6% then so will New York, triggering a further sell off in the late afternoon in London as they panic over what the states will do in the New York afternoon after they are closed.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Asian markets are not looking good at all right now,

The NIKKEI is down 700 points right now, Gold is continueing to drop as well.. which I still find odd. However Bloomberg.com has an article saying Japan has released an economic report showing their industry is slowing down.. sure to add fuel to the fire.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
FTSE will crash tomorrow, the LSE is planning are building closer ties to Toyko, Nikkei is currently facing a bad day, potential crash.

we could loose about 5-7% of value i feel. our mining companies have been hit hard regarding South Africa taxs and Europe is facing the same as well.

London and Frankfurt are going to take a beating in other words.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
London could still rebound. If the Eastern markets rebound to 3% losses and no-one does anything stupid, it will be a nightmare rough ride in New York, the sort of day that'll see at least half a dozen brokers DOA with coronaries from stress, but it COULD still recover.

...Sadly, though, I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whenever markets suffer a correction, there is a "FlIGHT TO QUALITY". Likewise, inflation, sinking DOllar and Gold goes up.

...The NASTY EXCEPTION IS THIS...

I a FULL BLOWN DEPRESSION, Gold dives too. Why? Because when banks are desparate they'll sell anything. Likewise when every the homeless ex-broker or worker can't get a crust to eat, they'll sell their wedding ring to buy the kids a glass of milk.

The slump of Gold on the market is nightmarish. It means the markets are fearing a full-scale depression or worse...war and a "Gold Call", where the state takes your gold and gives you a worthless reciept for it by force.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People are way too paranoid on this board [as usual]. There is no indication that there will be a cataclysmic depression worldwide, the worldwide growth is projected to be around 5% still. At this moment, the drop is due to a few things, mainly the Asian markets and European markets, which right now are being influenced by the drop in the American markets (which shows how global we are).

Don't run to the bank yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
People are way too paranoid on this board [as usual]*1. There is no indication that there will be a cataclysmic depression worldwide, the worldwide growth is projected to be around 5% still*2. At this moment, the drop is due to a few things, mainly the Asian markets and European markets, which right now are being influenced by the drop in the American markets*3 (which shows how global we are).

Don't run to the bank yet.

*1. Making generalizations about a group of people is ignorant and is a sign of bigotry. Racist's and religious zealots use it to spread fear which you either have been taught or teaching. You personally demonstrate your own obviously low, vibrational level.

*2. By who's calculations are you quoting from and how accurate have they been in the past.

*3. The American market was influenced by the Asian market doing so poorly previously, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerkit Breaker

*1. Making generalizations about a group of people is ignorant and is a sign of bigotry. Racist's and religious zealots use it to spread fear which you either have been taught or teaching. You personally demonstrate your own obviously low, vibrational level.

I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I care.

*2. By who's calculations are you quoting from and how accurate have they been in the past.

By many trained economists who have degrees and PhD's in the subject. What are your credentials?

*3. The American market was influenced by the Asian market doing so poorly previously, not the other way around.

The American market was influenced by the Asian markets, now it is the Asian and European markets turn to be influenced by the American markets. Which I said

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Shanghai is up nearly 1% right now. My chart is wacky, looked like it gapped down but has since recovered?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

By many trained economists who have degrees and PhD's in the subject. What are your credentials?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Why Cerkit Breaker thinks this is a New York only issue is beyond me.

I would probably think he was meaning New York because of the Stock Exchange being here. I don't think he meant the city itself.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This is your opinion, not fact. Just because it is your opinion does not make it a valid fact. Saying that your OPINION is backed up by People with higher educations does NOT make you argument any more valid either. It may make it even less so because you stated it.

World economic growth will be higher than previously thought at 5.1% in 2006 and 4.9% in 2007, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

After the biggest selloff in over five years, market strategists and traders said stocks could continue to decline in the coming days. But many remained optimistic about the market's longer-term prospects.

www.cnbc.com...

Long term outlook remains strong and a worldwide horrible recession/depression is doubftul according to experts. And the IMF's prediction of a 5% global economic growth has not changed yet.

So go crawl back in your hole you troll

EDIT: PS, instead of asking people on a message board to educate you, go on my friend~ google, or watch my other friend CNBC, or read up on the business section on the BBC. They have great info there

[edit on 27-2-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

JSR

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Asian markets are not looking good at all right now,

...Gold is continueing to drop as well.. which I still find odd....

i find that odd too. why do you think that is happening?
isnt gold the safe spot in a time like this?

-----edit-----
nevermind. i should have read the whole thread first.
sorry.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by JSR]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Shanghai is up nearly 1% right now. My chart is wacky, looked like it gapped down but has since recovered?

It looks up 0.25% now...I'm not sure how transparent the Chinese market is though, could the government be intervening to support it? Other Asian markets plus the Australian market are all down sharply.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Excellent input ATSer's

I'm wondering if anyone's familiar with the work of Martin Armstrong, former chairman of Princeton Economics International? Anyway, he's become kind of a cult figure now that he's spent the last 7yrs in prison on a 'contempt' charge, where he remains today. His consumer confidence models have been amazingly accurate in predicting major economic events...often years in advance. A model he completed back in the late 90's prior to his incarceration called for another major turning point on...now get this...Feb. 27, 2007..

Here's a link to a 9 minute interview with market analyst Michael Levy discussing Armstrong's February call...this was originally broadcast back on Feb. 1st. /2qv364

Another development that some traders have been watching for a few months now, was a spike in corporate insider selling...signaling expectations of economic slowdown...not everyone was caught off gaurd here. /yz686h

In the medium to long term, Gold & Silver should do just fine, so will the better miners imo. Gold was hit at 3am in the London spot market... then fought back in NY only to end up down for the day. A close above $666 tomorrow would signal a quicker recovery...but ultimately, recover it will. Gold is currently trading up on the Asian market tonight...but the volatility going forward should be hair raising.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join