It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO's lit up at night??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Houston....

We have the answer!!!

Maybe Earth's governments "require" it. ??? It could be that we have set rules for our visitors...
Wait, when they abduct cows dont a great beam of light do the job? Maybe the light is their propulsion system.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hey Grey_Pilgrim,

Most EBE craft are high energy sources which produce high energy-photons. High energy photons in a gas atmosphere (ours), produce light to the human eye.

Edit: I Think.

Dallas

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Lighting up to see where they are going doesn't make sense either. Surely they would be using spot/floodlights rather than just ambient light around the craft? We have aircraft capable of navigating well in zero light (IR, radar), so surely an advanced alien race can do equally well or better?

how about other craft in the vacinity? Or our craft? wouldnt it be nice to know that a UFO was dead ahead of your plane instead of smacking into it at 30,000 feet?
"whoops my bad" just doesnt seem to do that justice

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Lighting up to see where they are going doesn't make sense either. Surely they would be using spot/floodlights rather than just ambient light around the craft? We have aircraft capable of navigating well in zero light (IR, radar), so surely an advanced alien race can do equally well or better?

how about other craft in the vacinity? Or our craft? wouldnt it be nice to know that a UFO was dead ahead of your plane instead of smacking into it at 30,000 feet?
"whoops my bad" just doesnt seem to do that justice

Well with the technology to travel the universe I would think they have a form of radar that would keep track of anything near or around its vincinity. Lights would not be needed to prevent colision's with earth craft as they would know where they are at all times. Even if a earth craft was getting to close all they would have to do is move. Surely with the military witness testimonies of how advanced they are in flight a collision with a conventional aircraft is absurd.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think its most likely a by-product of whatever propulsion system they use.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Well with the technology to travel the universe I would think they have a form of radar that would keep track of anything near or around its vincinity. Lights would not be needed to prevent colision's with earth craft as they would know where they are at all times. Even if a earth craft was getting to close all they would have to do is move. Surely with the military witness testimonies of how advanced they are in flight a collision with a conventional aircraft is absurd.

Exactly my point. Looking at the footage showing the agility of some UFO's, I'd expect them to be able to out manoeuvre any conventional craft we have.

The point about the light being a by-product of a propulsion system makes sense too.

Grey

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hmmm why do UFO's turn their lights on at nite

So they do not run into each other

I mean if they are smart enough to build ships that can reach here from other galaxies they sure aren't dumb enough to leave them off when flying in formations

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WHY?

Why would the illustrious UFO shine its pretty lights at night so we can be all moved and bedazzled and whatnot? WHY do they do this? They don't do it during the day, do they? Well... maybe they do, but not nearly with as much frequency... hmmmm....

DIVERSION.

Why does OUR Military implement lights? FLARES. Get it?

FLARES.

TARGET: "wow... look at the pretty lights..."

anaylsis complete.

3am GOTCHA!!

PROVE ME WRONG. THAT is where your thinking has to go. If you want to REALLY understand MY theory.... you have to "play along". No way around it.

Does it NOT make sense that if this IS a WAR, and if the gray IS an ADVERSARY, would it NOT follow that they KNOW you are arrogant in nature? That we say "SHOW ME DONT TELL ME"? That in a forum such as THIS we will DEMAND people prove the claim IS RIGHT, rather than the community investigate it properly and PROVE IT WRONG.

Our perspective is skewed. We cannot have a "sterile" investigation pursuing things the way we do now. THAT is what THEY want you to do... LOL! wow. that really does look nuts when you read it... *sheesh* but it's the truth... If they know how we will respond in a mass... or a mob... then they can dictate precisely what we do...

Folks... WE are being coralled... just like WE do with CATTLE...

Still look crazy, or do you have that look of realization on your face I am praying for? *evilgrin*

SPout

[edit on 24/202/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The standard flying saucers display all the characteristics of an electrogravitic propulsion system.

Basically, it is a propulsion system using a pulsed high voltage electrical current through a dielectric material of high resistance. If the material weight is light enough, it will become lighter and eventiually capable of lift and carrying load. This is not theoretical, it is basic physics.

As for the illumination, that happens when there is enough electrical resistance present. A simple example would be your stove glowing red hot when set at high temperature.

Not all crafts use an electrogravitic shell, some are based on a true isolated propulsion thruster design. Shape is usually round, glows bright, and the remaining frame of the craft has to be well balanced. This explains why the bright glowing lights below triangular craft are of equal separation and at each corner.

Balance is very important and that is why they come in the most stable shapes possible. The most stable shapes have all sides at an equa length. ..this explains why sightings always describe triangular and circular shapes.

tip:
95% aluminum
5% iron

Now, as for the energy source capable of powering the craft. It has to be of an advanced design and clean. It is a total mystery to me but I highly suspect it is liquid plasma based.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by simonmagus]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
All this is assuming light is being used for the same purposes that humans use it for. Navigation?? Perhaps a beacon?

But there are many wavelengths of the EM spectrum and perhaps the visible light is a byproduct of the hardware they are using on the external surfaces of their craft. For all we know, these aren't lights, but emitters generating other EM energies for surveillance purposes and visible light is just something that is secondary.

Maybe they are scanning things and we think they are just turning their lights on for some pretty spectacle.

Maybe they use light in a different way by modulating it in layers or something as well.

I think only Jesus knows the answer to this.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the ratio of iron to aluminium is too low to the craft structural intergrity.
I am sure anyone building such craft will access to other suitable metals like titanium or some metalic alloy. As for energy source it must very advance to keep such high voltage for long periods of time.
They might be using a small nuclear reactor.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here are a just few references that supports my previous post. Everything I've stated is based on solid personal research from various sources. The alloy composition of aluminum and iron was discovered from a UFO crash site in Texas. The case was aptly named "Texas Air Ship" .

Metallurgists agree it is nearly impossible to mix aluminum and iron. As for structural integrity in space, the processing would most likely require more than just mixing elements. Processing probably requires vacuum, special gases and/or nano sized particles.

Example of round UFOs (watch the pulsations).
www.youtube.com...
video.google.com...

Lifter Project (Aluminum foil electrogravitic models)
video.google.com...
jnaudin.free.fr...

Triangular UFO craft
video.google.com...

Sol omnibus lucet

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonmagus

Basically, it is a propulsion system using a pulsed high voltage electrical current through a dielectric material of high resistance. If the material weight is light enough, it will become lighter and eventiually capable of lift and carrying load. This is not theoretical, it is basic physics.

Oh, come now. All dielectrics are of high resistance, that's one of their main characteristics. And please, show me the basic physics that says dielectrics lose weight when a charge is put across them. Hint: assume Brown is incorrect, since his theory doesn't fit any physics model and no-one has ever been able to demonstrate one. In fact, you can dismiss his "all motion is limited to the negatively charged plate" by simply putting a positive charge on some pingpong balls tied to strings. They move all by themselves towards a negatively charged surface.

As for the illumination, that happens when there is enough electrical resistance present. A simple example would be your stove glowing red hot when set at high temperature.

Your stove glows red-hot, because it's hot. Not because there is "enough electrical resistance present". It becomes hot because power is being dropped across the resistance in the element. But that's just basic Joule heating, good old I2R stuff. Your stove would glow red hot if you were burning gases in the tube, no current necessary.

Not all crafts use an electrogravitic shell, some are based on a true isolated propulsion thruster design. Shape is usually round, glows bright, and the remaining frame of the craft has to be well balanced. This explains why the bright glowing lights below triangular craft are of equal separation and at each corner.

Without direct examination of one, how do you know? And what is your definition of a "true isolated propulsion thruster"?

Balance is very important and that is why they come in the most stable shapes possible. The most stable shapes have all sides at an equa length. ..this explains why sigtings always describe triangular and circular shapes.

tip:
95% aluminum
5% iron

Now, as for the energy source capable of powering the craft. It has to be of an advanced design and clean. It is a total mystery to me but I highly suspect it is liquid plasma based.

Except a lot of them are also described as cigar shaped, or as morphing between shapes.

edit: The Aurora TX "airship" you bring up is one of the cigar shaped ones.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Lifter Project (Aluminum foil electrogravitic models)
video.google.com...
jnaudin.free.fr...

Except they don't work in a vacuum, because they're propelled by ion wind, not "electrogravitics". Unless you can come up with some reason why they fall to the bottom of the vacuum vessel floor when you suck out the air. At least that's what happened at NASA's alternative propulsion lab in Huntsville.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11
WHY?

Why would the illustrious UFO shine its pretty lights at night so we can be all moved and bedazzled and whatnot? WHY do they do this? They don't do it during the day, do they? Well... maybe they do, but not nearly with as much frequency... hmmmm....

Southpaw, what's the 'hmmmm' thing all about? So far, I'm the only one here in this thread who said that I saw light's under one of the triangles I saw a couple of years ago during daylight hours so it's my guess you are referring to my post.
Once again, there were lights shining under that large gray metallic triangle and they were very bright and very noticeable. If you don't believe that I and those whom I was with at the time saw those lights under that craft then please do tell us that. But I'm just reporting here what we saw and if you think I'm making all of this up ... well, there's nothing I can do about that but so far from the sounds of it, it seems that you are in doubt about my descriptions on what we saw that day.
Could you tell us your credentials on UFO's are to say that lights are not seen on UFO's during daytime hours? Can you back up your claims on this? You seem to be coming across as an authority UFO's and maybe you are but could you tell us what your background is on UFO's?
Truth be told, it's the hmmmm part that annoys me.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Dielectric behavior can vary depending on factors like surrounding gases, liquids, and electrical current. Aluminum foil is a good example and has a tendency to reduce air drag and lose weight when high voltage is applied. It is debatable whether or not the lift effect is from ion wind or will work in a vacuum. All I can do is point to a ‘proof of concept’ like the NASA UFO videos and let the reader decide. Who are you going to believe? ; NASA’s own videos or their pathetic attempt at debunking the UFOs in their videos?

The pulsations from each UFO are consistent with pulsed energy and can be picked up by a camera but not by our naked eyes. The refresh rate in our eyes is too low to notice this effect so it should look like a stable light to any casual observer.

video.google.com...

I was referring to electrical stoves which require an electrical current. Good ol’ Joule.
www.acmehowto.com...

Without direct examination of one, how do you know? And what is your definition of a "true isolated propulsion thruster"?

Good question, it is mostly speculation based on observation of currently applied physics.

An isolated thruster will work independent of the craft’s outer shell charge. This is contrary to relying on the overall shell charge. Overall balance however, is most likely not an option since designs are triangular and circular.

Except a lot of them are also described as cigar shaped, or as morphing between shapes.

I was once told that cigar shaped ufos use complex circuitry and layered shell design for lift. This is different from all the other craft designs I'm familiar with. Not sure if it is reliable intel, maybe someone here has more info.

Morphing effect could be a trick of light, illusion, or an advanced form of technology. This should not be surprising if you measure our own technological advancements and multiplied it by thousands of years to accurately compare with an advanced civilization.

The varying craft designs can also be a result of different races.

–Assuming they are not from the military.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They could be time travelers instead of "aliens". Maybe they know how to reveal themselves to only a specific vantage point. Maybe the lights aren't lights at all but something interfacing with the viewer - perceivable only to the viewer.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Dielectric behavior can vary depending on factors like surrounding gases, liquids, and electrical current. Aluminum foil is a good example and has a tendency to reduce air drag and lose weight when high voltage is applied.

Not trying to be nasty here, but do you really understand what a dielectric is?

Aluminum foil isn't one. The behavior of a dielectric is innate to the material and doesn't change with the surrounding material, although you have to figure up the contributions from the various materials if you're trying to calculate an effective dielectric constant in a mixed dielectric. I don't believe that you can substantiate that aluminum foil changes in weight with the degree of charge on it, although it is true that the drag can change because of corona/plasma formation around the foil at some point. That's a different thing than the supposed Biefeld/Brown effect though.

It is debatable whether or not the lift effect is from ion wind or will work in a vacuum. All I can do is point to a ‘proof of concept’ like the NASA UFO videos and let the reader decide. Who are you going to believe? ; NASA’s own videos or their pathetic attempt at debunking the UFOs in their videos?

NASA's alternative propulsion group, before they were defunded, put a 'lifter' in the vacuum tank out on Redstone, and it fell like a brick. If the effect is truly gravitic in origin, that shouldn't have happened. I will bet you can't find Naudin having been able to show lift in a vacuum either. Naudin seems to be generally trustworthy, although I don't think some of his experiments are set up very well and I think in some cases he draws incorrect conclusions due to his already having decided what's going on. (See the lifter page you cite, Naudin is already stating categorically that it is the BB effect while not yet having been able to separate it from atmospheric effects) Nonetheless, I'd put him at the top of true believer experimenters. In my somewhat informed opinion, the day one of these lifter experiments succeeds in a hard vacuum, I'll buy the guy a beer and apologize. Until then, it's not "electrogravitics".

The pulsations from each UFO are consistent with pulsed energy and can be picked up by a camera but not by our naked eyes. The refresh rate in our eyes is too low to notice this effect so it should look like a stable light to any casual observer.

What's the frame rate of the camera? It can't capture pulsations any faster than 1/2 that. I'd suppose that most cameras that catch UFOs are standard NTSC.

I was referring to electrical stoves which require an electrical current. Good ol’ Joule.

Sure, and the current produces heat by good ol' I-squared-R power dissipation. But the glow is from heat, not from the characteristic of resistance.

There's certainly no glow that's related to the resistance of a dielectric.

You could get a glow from corona discharge, from causing the air to fluoresce, Cerenkov radiation, or plasma formation due to some sort of excitation.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Regardless of the technical arguments, what do you think of the NASA UFO videos? Probably just ice flakes huh?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Truthfully, I'd need to go watch them.

If it's the one I remember, it's tough to tell what you're looking at due to not having any sort of reference. The one I saw did look like some sort of junk drifting by.

That really is an issue...remember the constellation Urion? It's tough to tell how big something is that you're not familiar with. If it doesn't pass behind some known object you can't tell where it is or how large it is. There's no atmospheric hazing for a cue either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join