It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Yes i can help you!
This is one of the effects that we Bhikkhus and also laypersons experience when practising Jhana meditation..
It is a sign that your samdhi (focus/concentration) is entering the higher levels..
it also might happen if oyu are calling upon angelic or extraterrestrial intelligences fo help in opening your perception gates, or simply focusing your mind on otherworldy matters with great concentration or willpower
dont worry.. if you test it out and check that when you are alone in the apartment and think of the sound you may notice it gets louder and louder.
Instead of getting stressed 9which might make it give you the thought of gettting a headache), enjoy it and realise it means your mind is still.. your meditative state is natural .. let yourself sit silently and dont hang opn the sound just let it come and go as it wishes but use the sound as a sign to tell you "hey, your mind is still.. now is the moment when you can communicate/meditate/channel or whatever it is that you are practising.
Check out the following links
groups.yahoo.com...
www.greatwesternvehicle.org...
www.greatwesternvehicle.org...
www.quantum-choices.com...

ther eare other effects too coming from jhana
such as hair standing up on end, gosebumps, flashes of light in the corner of your eyes. feeling as if oyu are wearing a cloak.. many many

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
in addition to the previous post above from me

The Sound of Silence

We can apply this perspective to the mind, using the “I” consciousness to see space as an object. In the mind, we can see that there are the thoughts and emotions – the mental conditions – that arise and cease. Usually we are dazzled, repelled, or bound by these thoughts and emotions. We go from one thing to another reacting, controlling, manipulating, or trying to get rid of them. So we never have any perspective in our lives. We become obsessed with either repression or indulgence of these mental conditions; we are caught in those two extremes.

With meditation, we have the opportunity to contemplate the mind. The silence of the mind is like the space in the room. It is always there, but it is subtle – it doesn’t stand out. It has no extreme quality that would stimulate and grasp our attention, so we have to be attentive in order to notice it. One way to focus attention on the silence of the mind is to notice the sound of silence.

One can use the sound of silence (the primordial sound, the sound of the mind, or whatever you want to call it) very skillfully, by bringing it up and paying attention to it. It has a high pitch that is quite difficult to describe. Even if you plug your ears, put your fingers against your ears, or are under water, you can hear it. It is a background sound that is not dependant upon the ears. We know it is independent because we hear this high pitched, vibrating sound even when the ears are blocked.

By concentrating your attention on the sound of silence for a while, you really begin to know it. You develop a mode of knowing in which you can reflect. It’s not a concentrated state you absorb into; it’s not a suppressive kind of concentrating. The mind is concentrated in a state of balance and openness, rather than absorbed into an object. One can use that balanced and open concentration as a way of seeing things in perspective, a way of letting things go.

Now I really want you to investigate this mode of knowing, so that you begin to see how to let go of things, rather that just having the idea that you should let go of things. You might come away from the Buddhist teachings with the idea that you should let go of things. Then, when you find that you can’t do it very easily, you might think, “Oh no, I can’t let go of things!” This type of judgment is another ego problem that you can create: “Only others can let go, but I can’t let go. I should let go, because Venerable Sumedho said everybody should let go.” That judgment manifestation of “I am,” isn’t it? And it is just a thought – a mental condition that exists temporarily within the spaciousness of the mind.

www.vimokkha.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
here is the complete explanation from Ajarn Sumedho of what the sound is
books.google.com... i=pKozSpOENYra6gOSzZTHDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have this I got it a year or so ago.
My doctors say it's Tinnitus caused my a chiari malformation of my brain my brain's tonsils and stem are very low and push against the opening of the bottom of my skull causing me to have the ringing, squirting, popping, squealing sound in my ears hopefully after surgery it will go away it can be agonizing at times.

Anyway many other people with no serious problems have Tinnitus , if it becomes really bothersome there are a lot of clinics out there that do all kinds of different treatments for the mean time try to get a white noise track on cd or your mp3 player and listen to that at night time to help drowned it out this site has the best options available just listen to the different kinds and see what suites you , they are free.

www.simplynoise.com...

Also if you experience this you should see a doctor just to make sure even more so if you are having eye problems that occupancy this as it could be a neurological issue that needs to be addressed.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Devices that could cause ringing in the ear.

Cell phones
home appliance harmonics
charged electric wire
Cell phone towers
speakers

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Oh good! I found the thread! I guess it was chinawangsobhikkhu who posted about it on www.examin... er.com/x-2024-Denver-UFO-Examiner~y2009m5d6-UFO-Sweden-releases-18000-swedish-UFO-reports-to-the-public-domain?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hmmm... I don't think that this "ringing" in the ears is something that is beyond natural. I have had moments of an intense ear ring that comes and goes seldom like and sounds similar to gun shot ringing effect, not quite the intensity but you get the idea. Besides isn't this ringing that's been described just like that of what I am experiencing now? If you sit in silence its just there and can sometimes fluctuate in volume, but its always there, you just have to notice it sometimes.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have had this for most of my life. I first noticed it when i was a kid, around 6 years old. My parents bought me a radio. Without something in the background making noise, I can NOT sleep. It seems to get louder the quieter it is, seemingly with every breath I take. It sounds like the high pitched noise from a t.v.
There is no other symptoms associated with it, and I use a cheap box fan when I sleep to drown it out. Not sure what caused it, but I didn't develop high blood pressure til recently( I am 33). So, for 27 years, I have had this going on. It doesn't stop.
I am not sure what else to tell you, but I am glad I am not alone. I used to speculate that I was actually hearing the electrical firings in my brain or something. Maybe it is. Who knows?
Get a fan...it will help to deal with it......someone once said that silence is very loud.....they weren't kidding.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
1. You have tinnitis.
2. Something electrical is making the noise. Try unplugging everything.
3. You live in an area of the country that produces a high pitched sound.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Found this thread from google. I have suffered from the same thing from a young child. If it was a degenerative condition surely hearing these high frequency sounds would disappear ? The "noise" is there all the time, and if I concentrate on the noise it gets louder and louder, but never painful.

I realized at some point that I am hearing my brain. As crazy as that sounds. I can adjust the sound somewhat by concentrating really hard, how would this be possible?

I have noticed also though that opening/closing my mouth can sometimes adjust it too.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by marshmellow]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have tinitus also...from playing in very loud rock bands as a kid.

I hear it worst at night when everything else is quiet ir when I drink too much.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I may have already mentioned that you all should consider Food Allergies as the source of your problems.
Food allergies +tinnitis

tinnitus-cures.info...

I have several levels of sound in my ears/head. Ringing, humming, somethines buzzing and a lower pitch roaring.
For sometime now I have occasionally heard what sounded like a motor or engine running. The other day I was outside working in the garden and it got really loud. I was going to call the neighbor to ask if it bothered her.
But then I put my hands over my ears and discovered that it was in my head. This one is not always going on.
MSG will cause a definite buzzing.
I asked by Doctor about it, and he said "Yes, MSG will do that."

Do the research and then do an elimination diet.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Please take the time to view our videos. Click on more info to read our story. People all over the U.S. is hearing this noise. It is microwave pulsing in the air. We suspect is is from Wifi transmission. It is also present during a power outage, so we ruled out power grid. It is radiating on the power lines though. Please email us if you are interested in a class action suit.

www.youtube.com...

Dr Robert O. Becker, M.D.
twice nominated for Nobel Prize of this research.

"I have no doubt in my mind that at the present time, the greatest
polluting element in the earth's environment is the proliferation of
electromagnetic fields.

I consider that to be far greater on a global scale, than warming, and
the increase in chemical elements in the environment."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sandora, did you review the links I provided re the tinnitis being caused by the Poisons in your food.
You cannot buy any prepared food that does not have MSG, Aspartame, Citric acid or other such NEUROTOXIN in it. MSG has many names.
"Natural Flovor" is one of their favorites.
You can find a list at www.truthinlabeling.org....
This is a very informative site.

As of the end of 2008 the FDA Oked the use of Amino Acid preparations (Hydrolyzed Protein) to be used in Fertilizers and Fungacides to be used on ORGANIC Crops!

Previously it was only used on regular commercial crops.
It seems to me that it is now used on about 99% of everything that is grown for food.

There is also a lot of Citric Acid being used. Some of it on meat.
ALL meats are currently treated with either Citric Acid or Chlorine.
Note that Chlorine is a Known Carcinogen.

I am one who is hypersensitive to all of these.
Not only do I have a perpetual noise in my head, but there are frequently bodoily mizeries going along with it.
Since the effects are dose related it is worse the more I get.
On days when I have managed to avoid these toxins, the noise in the head almost disappears.
Unfortunatley I cannot live on Bread and Rice alone. And so I am by necessity consuming these poisons.

Your class action should be about the Neurotoxins in our food.

Do this:
google "Symptoms of Glutamate Poisoning"
and then
google "Symptoms of Pesticide Poisoning"

Tell me if you notice any similarity between the 2 lists.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

i am 15 and i hear the high frequency sound to but when im in a loud place sometimes i will hear the frequency very very loude and when i plug my ears it gets louder a friend of mine told me it is caused when a nerve in your brain it pinched and it causes the sound but im not shure if it is true please help the sound is so annoying

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Tinnitis can be caused by high blood pressure, noise trauma (guns, rock concerts, jets), aspirin or nipride overdose.
The conspiratorial view is that it's a symptom of being implanted with a chip in which case a Bob Beck blood purifier is supposed to neutralize the chip.
I'd go with the blood pressure, aspirin or noise causes first. If you have actual nerve damage, it's permanent (at least with our current level of technology). A white noise generator (or favorite CD's) can block out the noise.
Best of luck.

I have a feeling the sound is a result of the chip.

What is Tinnitus?

Tinnitus is often described as "ringing" or "buzzing" in the ears, but it can be any sound or
combination of sounds. Tinnitus results from nerve activity that the brain interprets as "sound".
Everuone experiences tinnitus sometimes. Some people experience constant, or near-constant
tinnitus.

Source: local neighborhood doctors office.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I have had this problem for about 11/2 years and its driving me slowly crazy. I have been looking for a answer but have not found one. As for high blood pressure, not my problem. Computer chip in the head sorry I try to stay reasonable. Some nights its so loud I cannot sleep. I really feel its a signal of some sort. Some times i can here it but if I cover my ears its gone.When Ilisten again its there. Could this be related to new digital signal being used for television. I don't know. But my wife has heard it as well but not as often as i have.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes, What I hear is very similar to cicadas buzzing . I have been trying to figure out what it is. It used to get louder on weekends while remaining quieter during the week. Roughly 3 weeks ago it became so loud I thought I couldnt stand it anymore and I started to get scared . I was looking for fellow victims when I found this.I am located in Arizona. This has been going on for at least 6 months off and on.I am trying to locate the source.Anybody have any ideas?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sandaura

I think the source is either from a sattelite or something similar or beneath the ground

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i can some times hear a high pitch noise at night but only twice this happened during the night i wake up and i can hear it and the first time i concentrate on it it will get louder until it starts to make my head hurts but its not the noise that makes it hurtthe pain was in my head and when it hurts and it go`si thout that was wierd so i did it agen and it when strate past the amount of pain of the first time and i stop concentrateing and it went away a bit after. after that night i tryed doing it agen in the day time and nothing happens but it only happens in the midle of the night and the second time it happened i woke up during the night and i could hear it so i tryed it agen it wasnt that pain full this time but i rember seeing black numbers on a gray backgroung but only for a second or two i dont know what it was but i want dreaming because i rember befor and after and i wake up all the time during the night but only twice i could do that
.also another night i woke up and i was lieing down face first and couldnt move and i tryed to move but i couldnt and then i could close my hand realy slowly and after i started movin my hand i could move agen

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join