It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
hmm i think i posted this on someone elses thread which was similar in subject..but there's a superstition I heard..if your right ear rings it means someone is talking about you and saying good things..and if it's the left ear it means someone is talking smack about you..
hmmm my right ear always rings! hahahaha

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Actually, it seems the question comes up a lot.

I have lived with tinnitus for well over a decade and it is annoying, but I can live with it.

I'm guessing that chronic tinnitus is probably on the rise among young people because of the insane volumes at which they listen to their "music."

I think we need a tinnitus sticky.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I've always thought of this as the "sound of silence". I use to hear a really quiet high pitched ringing when spending the night out at my Grand-parents as a kid. They lived in the woods and I grew up in the city, across from a milk processing and shipping plant. So the silence would, and still does, drive me crazy.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy

But, there seems to be a different sound. Like that sound you hear when a TV or CRT PC monitor is on. The only thing is, both the TV and the Monitor can be off, as well as the computer and I still have heard the sound.

The times when I looked for it, I couldn't seem to locate where exactly it was coming from. So, I was thinking, is this coming from the wall sockets? I am not sure that my cable modem or my wireless router would make this sound?
[edit on 18-2-2007 by cybertroy]

in response to this statement, the best to describe a noise i hear now and again is like the sound of a faint rc car noise, only last a few seconds or less, very faint. not internal, but external anybody hearing this?(i know what this sound is but i dont want to go off topic) I too hear the high pitch noise and have put both my thumbs lighty into my ears when i hear the high pitch noises, and with thumbs in ears, no pressure, the high frequencies turns to low frequencies.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Actually, it seems the question comes up a lot.

I have lived with tinnitus for well over a decade and it is annoying, but I can live with it.

I'm guessing that chronic tinnitus is probably on the rise among young people because of the insane volumes at which they listen to their "music."

I think we need a tinnitus sticky.

i guess i have either tinnitus because of ipod headphones and playing pc games with my headphones on..pc games put out about 1000 different sounds a second seems like.....(but i dont listen to them loud)......both stick inside my ear which probably doesnt help.......or its haarp and these damn cell phone towers emitting a high pitched whine. usually its at a steady frequency but i noticed a few times here lately that the sound sorta mushroomed for a few seconds and then went back to its regular scheduled programming...got really loud. changed its frequency and i nearly lost my balance.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've been experiencing the same ringing in my since i was a kid (presently i'm 19, so some older members may still consider but i digress.) While tinnitis is described as ringing in the ears and is also a sign of various afflictions, (recent LVN grad, i have creds
)it does not, however, account for a 7 y/o (my earliest account) with no previous medical complications experiencing said ringing. I've been living with it since then, so I've grown to ignore it, unfortunately
Also, when I was younger, (before i ever touched marijuana) the ringing would start, then I'd have this feeling, not an out of body experience persay, just like my mind was non-functioning (the best way to describe it) and i was just "there" and then my ears would ring again and i'd be back. make sense? of course not, it happened alot between 7 and about 13, but i never asked for help because i could never describe it appropriately, even now, obviously. Have any of you ever experienced the same?
if you have i'm really interested in knowing, i know it seems like i'm babbling, but that's the only way i can articulate my accounts.

ps: my ears still ring

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Interesting.

blah.

If you and I are talking of the same thing. Yes I have it. Like a tv ringing or something. BUt at the same time different. Oddly I can tune into it and it just gets louder and louder and louder til... i dont know. a weird conciousness. If I push it away it slowly comes back. I like to play with the sound. I mostly "hear" it in silence, but I can hear it with noise around me as well. I wouldn't go to assume that it is radiowaves, the earth's waves, or some wave in general, for those sound quite a bit different than this. I think that the idea that it may just be mental could be very very true.

and for those looking at this as medical, very possible.
but I've been hearing this since I can remember, and I've only started to have loud noises around me within the past few years due to being a musician, etc. I know what medical type ringing sounds like, this is different, it feels different.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Turn the ipod down... no, . . I said turn the IPOD down... no, the IPOD....I said

TURN THE IPOD DOWN !!!

Seriously though, prolonged listening with earbuds can cause hearing damage.
Maybe look at some over ear headphones preferably ones that block out external noise, you should be able to listen at a lower volume plus, you get the added advantage of not being able to hear your workmates.

I wouldn't wear 'em crossing the street though.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thing is people experiencing this phenomena don't equate it with hearing damage, in some cases verified by medical professionals.

My experience, as I have stated, is it is not so much a sound in the ears but a pitch experiences in the upper part of my head.

By the way, for the first and only time a few days ago it was actually accompanied by a few low tones in the left ear. Maybe it was a fluke, but I thought it was odd. The other strange thing is the way it gets louder and more dominating when reading or studying spiritual things, or things that have to do with the esoteric realm.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i was reading this and thought id share...maybe this is one reason for the ringing...not that i eat chicken mcnuggets but if they put this stuff on kids mcnugget meals then they definatly are putting it on what adults eat. is it over for us regular everyday joes??

So What Really Is In A
McDonald's Chicken McNugget?
TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse

So What Really Is In A
McDonald's Chicken McNugget?
Chicken McPoison
Author unknown
5-14-7

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan is a fascinating book that details the changing eating habits of Americans. I can't recommend it highly enough. It explains how, over the last 30 years, we have become a nation that eats vast quantities of corn ­ much more so than Mexicans, the original "corn people."

Most folks assume that a chicken nugget is just a piece of fried chicken, right? Wrong! Did you know, for example, that a McDonald's Chicken McNugget is 56% corn?

What else is in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget? Besides corn, and to a lesser extent, chicken, The Omnivore's Dilemma describes all of the thirty-eight ingredients that make up a McNugget ­ one of which I'll bet you'll never guess. During this part of the book, the author has just ordered a meal from McDonald's with his family and taken one of the flyers available at McDonald's called "A Full Serving of Nutrition Facts: Choose the Best Meal for You."

These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore's Dilemma:

"The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.

According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.

But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."

Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I never cared for chicken, and now I know why. But to the thread; I too have a 'sound' from time to time. This began in the middle '50s and has happened of and on ever since.

I liken it to a dog whistle, as it is very high pitched. Since this began in my grade school years, and before even 'boom boxes', it would not seem to be noise/music related.

My personal (and I do think of it as 'mine' because no one else can hear it who is with me,) sound is on an erratic time schedule. Sometimes I will hear this every two or three days for two months. Sometimes I will hear nothing of the sort for two or three months. Sometimes it will happen in a cluster of days or weeks, and then not return for a very long time. And some years it will be almost evenly spaced where it happens every few days.

My hearing was good enough that I was in the Army signal corp, and trained without problem, even on old Morse Code. (Which was just starting to be phased out in those years, but was very tedious, and required that one pick out sounds from a static environment.)

I have never really understood if this was all in my mind or a real sound.

I am glad to hear that I am not alone. Still, I wish there was more info on this.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

If you really want to get into chips etc. read the book FEED, it is real bazzare and talks around a device and hearing commercials constantly in your ears. Have fun, meanwhile the high pitch noise in my ears is driving me CRAZY, that why I am looking hear in the first place. Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Speaking of the "ringing" in the ears, mine has just changed as of today actually from a high pitch tone or whine, to a very piercing sound.

I have never heard this before.

It is much higher and seems to be more of a "thin" piercing sound.

Hard to describe, actually and I find it strange that it has changed considering I have had it for over two years.

The piercing sound is much higher of a frequency.

Hmmmmm.

It gets old so many people calling it tinititus. Those of us who have been checked out by a doctor resulting in being told that we do not have tinititus based on other symptoms that are generally part of the diagnosis get pretty frustrated living with this anomality.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have always had ringing in my ears and sometimes it starts out as a buzz while everything I'm listening to in that ear goes silent.
While I was a child I was taken to ear doctors who could not find anything wrong with my ears or hearing ability.
I will also kind of go into myself when this happens, meaning that I will unconsciensely block out other sounds.
You can be talking to me when I'm having an episode and I will not hear you.
I always wondered about what causes this.
I know there's a problem called tinnutis that is very close to the same symptoms I experience but the doctors have ruled that out.
So if anyone has any info it would be appreciated!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have various tones from a thunder like roar to high pitched ringing concurrently all the time now. It is due to food allergies. It started out with MSG which produced a beginning roar that went to a distinct buzz at times. Along with this was much bodily discomfort from headaches to flu like symptoms. There was pain in the ears; my hearing has been damaged. I don't have high blood pressure. It is either normal or low.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I get tinnutis, but it is really strange. I normally get an intense high-pitched whine in my right ear, and when I am ill, I get it in both ears.

Tonight I got it in my left ear. The pitch was such that it actually made me feel sick and everything was hazy. It has settled down now, and the pitch is much lower.

Normally, unless I have a virus, or viral infection do both ears ring, and it is a sign to me to get to the doctor. So, it does have it's uses. I can't take aspirin, as I am allergic to aspirin.

There are the odd times, when the tinnutis is so loud that it gives me a headache. I just close my eyes and rest, and usually when I get up, it is much lower, or not noticeable.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Something really odd is happening with the whine in my ears. The right one is now whining, but at an interval and level slightly lower than the left ear. Now it has stopped in the right ear and is still going in the left ear.

I have had tinnutis for quite some time, but I can't recall when it started,but what happened just now,I have never experienced.

Normally when it is in both ears the pitch and tone are the same. Has anybody else experienced that with their tinnutis?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've been hearing a very high pitched noise exactly like an older tube TV is on and I'm in the same room with it. I have this 24/7 365. I've had my hearing tested and I passed with flying colors.. This all started last year and can be extremely annoying especially if I focus on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
montalk.net...

Thank you for posting this!

I've been hearing this on and off for a while now. Sometimes it gets so irritating that I get a headache. The headache doesn't last, though.

It gets worse the closer I am to a window. Other people hear it too, but only if I bring it to their attention.

And I don't listen to an ipod or headphones. I doubt its tinnitus.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have experienced high level pitch ringing/frequency for the last several, years. It is very annoying but have noticed that it is stronger in certain parts of the country and weaker in others. Sometimes, the frequency is so high I feel I could jump out of my skin just for relief. I have tried shutting off my ears to stop the noise but that does not help. I am physically healthy and have perfect hearing, I have never had earaches or any serious illness.

I live close to Lockheed Martin and wonder if it is something they are testing unknown to the public.

I am a religious person and one night I prayed that if was good it could stay but if it was evil it must leave. It worked that night but returned in several days . I prayed again, but it did not leave. Does anyone have a solution on how to make it stop or is it something that should be kept for unknown or known reasons. Only, serious reponses please!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join