HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Mine is more like what DAlen said. If I become aware of it I can at times make it go away by "talking" myself down. I can make a point to concentrate on something else and it will go away. It has been going on with me since right before I joined ATS about one year ago.

I don't listen to an IPOD or any headphones.

It is nothing like a hum. A hum is a lower vibration, this is PIERCING and seems to be above the ear noise sounds more like a tuning fork sound. At one point last summer it would build and then go down, like locust do. But mostly it is a steady sound.

You know how they say dogs can pick up sounds we can't? That is what it seems like.

It mostly happens late at night, but lately I will wake up and it is there loud and clear.

The strange thing is it isn't really all that annoying. It has become as a friend, predictably reliable and present.

Check this out. I am a sculptor working with 4 & 5 gage copper wire. My home is two floors, with a basement. On the main floor I have a showroom/gallery for my sculptures, approximately 13 of them, lifesize pieces, all hanging from the cieling about 2-3 feet from the wall.

The only time I hear the high pitched ringing, is when I'm not in the gallery, surrounded by my wire sculptures.

Also, when I'm meditating, the noise goes away.

Tinnitus is a medical condition, which I imagine shouldn't be affected by the presence of copper wire sculptures, or meditation.

For a site dedicated to the presence of aliens in our midst, one would imagine that people are at least curious if perhaps the ringing could be associated with some type of programing. Anyone who has every read any of Amitakh Stanfords writings wouldn't think twice.
www.xeeatwelve.net...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For what it´s worth: a cure for Tinnitus of some form seems to be available now.

In July, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the drug acamprosate, marketed under the brand name Campral®, for treating alcohol-dependent individuals seeking to continue to remain alcohol-free after they have stopped drinking. Two Brazilian researchers believe that the drug is also effective in treating tinnitus.

Source

I´ve been having Tinnitus for about two years now. Started about a week after having my lower left wisdom tooth surgically removed. Left ear noise follows heartbeat. Right ear is a moderate hum. Gets louder when drinking caffeine or alcohol. It seems to get worse over time too, but it´s not too bothering me at the moment.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
now theres something that i never thought about....could this ringing be cause by HAARP? someone mentioned it in another thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I don't see why so many people keep going on about tinnititus. Been checked out already, that is the obvious explaination. I don't spend time on ATS about a common medical condition.

I understand that if it isn't happening to you, you don't understand.........

It isn't from the ears, it is more of a perception of a presence of a very high pitch stream of (no words to describe).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Look i dont know about you guys or not, but I hear this high pitched ringing occationally. Hell im hearing it right now, and its not the computer and it wasn't there before. and let me telly ou that it will be gone soon i'm sure.

Why?

because Occasionally I hear ringing noises that come and go.

I've heard them since i was young, my other young mate heard them to. They'd come out of nowhere for a minute or so then disappear. They dont come often but they do happen ;-P

anyways yeah ;-P

Thats my two words; -P

word

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

about 1:30 into this video and on is exactly what the sound sounds like.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I haven't heard the high pitched noise lately? Are you still hearing it Funkydog?

Like I said, my ears ring, but this seems to be a different sound.

Troy

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I always thought it was because I had swimmers ear. However after reading more and more about the damage and waves of HAARP, I am starting to really wonder. I do believe there are different frequencies. As a test a person my mom knows brought a recording to one of her classes (she is a teacher) and only people under the age of around 30 could hear it. What's up with that? Anyway is it possible that you are "extremely" sensitive to this kind of sound wave?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I haven't heard the high pitched noise lately? Are you still hearing it Funkydog?

Like I said, my ears ring, but this seems to be a different sound.

Troy

It has been happening less with me as well, for the last week or so. When I do experience it it is louder and more insistant, yet not for as long.

Eyespy2, I like your post above. I find it an interesting and common element that *it* manifests selectively, and we ourselves seem to have some kind of interaction, more than a couple have mentioned that when acknowledged and accepted the sensation can dissapate quickly.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
www.youtube.com...

That is the frequency I hear as well...in fact I let it ring in my head while listening to the clip.....stereo.

What is that noise in relation to or what makes these kinds of noise.

It has been less frequent the past couple of weeks. I hardly have to block it, unless my body is doing the blocking sub-conciously?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ah ringing in the ears i've had this problem for over a year now just came outa nowhere done had every test done boils down to this either you have high blood pressure ,you drink more then one cup coffee our you have heart problems my ear rings badly when my blood pressure is up i suggest you have that check!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I am on another forum, and some of the people there hear this hum. Some say it's a taous hum or something like that, others blame HAARP, others think it's underground or secret government testing.

There are quite a few of them that complain of this high pitched hum, but they don't seem to know the source either. I think many people who compalin about the hum, are primarily from the U.S. location wise, on the other forum.

I don't have any other details. It's interesting that it's happening to others however.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I hear that high pitched beeeep and so does My youngest daughter but My husband and son don't. She's says it hurts Her ears but it's mostly annoying to Me and at times a tad uncomfortable. I've always slept with a fan for as long as I can remember and My kids have them too. Do You think the EMF towers have anything to do with the sound? I remember reading a story about a small town somewhere that some people had to leave because of a high pitched beep bcuz it made them sick. Some thought the govt. was doing it. Maybe They were just testing it out and are using it now on a larger scale. I'm not sure how it would work exactly though. I read The Montauk Project awhile back(it was a so-so- read but very vague and not a whole lotta proof) but in the book the guy mentioned that He had done some testing on psychics. He realized that during certain hrs. of the day the psychics would 'lose' their ability, like it would be blocked somehow. He researched it and found that Montauk was emmiting a certain frequency during that time, hence 'jamming' the psychics ability. Could this sound disrupt the body so much that it affects it negatively, causing depression, insomnia, anxiety or a decrease in attention span?

Peace. K*

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i might have to get one of these. the ultimate tin foil hat. says she also lines her whole house with a thin lining of tinfoil under the paint....the electrically sensitive problem shes having may be what is causing the high pitched noise some of us are hearing.

No, she's NOT a beekeeper. This woman believes that her bizarre headgear can save her from the dangerous electrosmog all around us.

----

But beneath the coats of magnolia paint, she points out, the walls are lined with a special paper that contains a layer of tin-foil; and upstairs, the windows are hung with a fine, silvery gauze.

These aren't idiosyncratic decorating decisions, though. All these silvery layers are here for a purpose: to keep the 21st century at bay.

Sarah, 51, is one of a growing band of people who claim to be experiencing extreme - and incapacitating - sensitivity to electrical appliances, as well as to certain frequencies of electromagnetic waves.

"Wi-Fi, or wireless broadband networks, seem to be the worst thing," she says.

"Closely followed by mobile phones - particularly if they're being used in an enclosed space - the base stations of cordless telephones and mobile phone masts.

"I have to restrict the amount of time I spend on the computer or watching television, and make sure I don't have too many household appliances on at once, because that sets me off as well."

This may sound bizarre, but there is no doubt that Sarah's symptoms are real.

To date, they include hair loss, sickness, high blood-pressure, digestive and memory problems, severe headaches and dizziness.

They strike with such ferocity that, since diagnosing herself as "electrically sensitive" in May 2005, she has been marooned at home.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is really weird I am under 25 and have heard that high pitched noise exactly like what you have been hearing come from the same area of my tv. The noise has happened twice the past two days and have no idea what is the cause.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
www.youtube.com...

weird thing happened while watching, some of the tones annoyed me for lack of a better word but some esp the ones after 1:20 seemed to um, like when your ears pop and the pressure is released or your sinuses begin to drain, thats the only way I can describe it, like the pressure was released, does that make sense? My ears are still ringing though....

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The one around 1:20 is exactly what I have and its as loud as a TV on high volume when I try to sleep.

Nothing really helps, ear plugs make it worse as all it does is block the ambient noise so the focus is on the high pitched sound.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I do have this problem, although it has got slightly quieter, I used to sum it up by saying silence is deafening. Nobody else i know can hear it and due to having some good ears I have always assumed im just hearing some frequency slightly above what humans are supposed to be able to hear.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
I do have this problem, although it has got slightly quieter, I used to sum it up by saying silence is deafening. Nobody else i know can hear it and due to having some good ears I have always assumed im just hearing some frequency slightly above what humans are supposed to be able to hear.

Its not otherwise it would disappear as you get older when you cannot hear the higher frequencies.

As you said silence is deafening, I have to have noise all the time, I sleep with either music or a fan on just so it drowns out the whine.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
True although I am only 15, however if other, older people get it to i suppose it can't be.

Im not really sure on what explanation to give to it or what could be causing it. My next step would be to blame music but i've had the problem since before i started listening to music at all, never mind loud music so it can't even be damage to the ears from loud sounds.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join