It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
we were talking in another thread and a few of us realize that we can hear a high pitched noise sorta like the whine of the television but we can still hear it when everything is turned off. its to the point with me that it causes discomfort to my eardrums. if im busy or somewhere where theres lots of people i forget about it and dont notice it but when im in my apt. or somewhere quite in can definatly hear it. was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? what is making this noise? its starting to worry me a bit.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Generally, only after my wife discovers I've made a high dollar purchase.

Seriously, it may be tininitus. I read that somewhere. I'm no doctor.
I've heard it's fairly common, and easy enough to get checked for.

My lame-a$$ 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How old are you Funkydung? Constant ear ringing can be a symptom of high blood pressure and a warning sign of a heart attack. I would recommend getting a checkup if you are over 30.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've got an almost constant tinnitus in my right ear from shooting without ear plugs. I only notice it when it's quiet, just as you describe.

In fact, the doctor will most likely recommend you put in a white noise generator turned on "low" if it's bothering you at night, in order to mask the sound.

Some drugs can cause tinnitus, also, if you regularly take aspirin you might want to think about cutting back.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[edit on 17-2-2007 by RazorFang]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Its tinitus. Ive had it for ages and for me its like a TV test tone for me. I have to have music or a fan on at night to drown out the sound.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'll agree with the above with regards to tinitus. I don't have it; but one of the guys I hunt with does; due to the lack of using ear plugs when shooting.

Flyer, very sorry to hear about you having that condition for so long.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Tinnitis can be caused by high blood pressure, noise trauma (guns, rock concerts, jets), aspirin or nipride overdose.
The conspiratorial view is that it's a symptom of being implanted with a chip in which case a Bob Beck blood purifier is supposed to neutralize the chip.
I'd go with the blood pressure, aspirin or noise causes first. If you have actual nerve damage, it's permanent (at least with our current level of technology). A white noise generator (or favorite CD's) can block out the noise.
Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
On rare occasions I have a high pitched whine happen in my ears and when I turn my head in another direction it disappears, only to get louder again as I tune my head rotation into it (the source).
It seems to me this comes from an outside source, perhaps radio waves or something?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
we were talking in another thread and a few of us realize that we can hear a high pitched noise sorta like the whine of the television but we can still hear it when everything is turned off. its to the point with me that it causes discomfort to my eardrums. if im busy or somewhere where theres lots of people i forget about it and dont notice it but when im in my apt. or somewhere quite in can definatly hear it. was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? what is making this noise? its starting to worry me a bit.

Could you link the other thread, Funkydung?

I have it and it seems more to me like a high frequency signal than an actual sound.

Have already talked to a doc and eliminated tinnitus, although I can't say that at some point I wouldn't check it with another doc if it goes too long!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
The conspiratorial view is that it's a symptom of being implanted with a chip in which case a Bob Beck blood purifier is supposed to neutralize the chip.

That's sort of a waste of technology isn't it? A part that requires in-cranium surgical implantation, regular battery recharges, and all it does is go eeeeeee in my right ear really softly?

I also wonder about how that's supposed to get in there without you noticing your head's been shaved, a piece of bone removed, and big sutures all over one side of your head.

Not to mention, how in the world a device running less than a milliAmp of current through your wrist would have any effect on something stuck in your head.

Originally posted by Toadmund

On rare occasions I have a high pitched whine happen in my ears and when I turn my head in another direction it disappears, only to get louder again as I tune my head rotation into it (the source).
It seems to me this comes from an outside source, perhaps radio waves or something?

Is it possible on those rare occasions you're in the same places? It could easily be a power supply or CRT yoke you're hearing. Especially if you're in your early 20's or younger. When I was still able to hear stuff like that, I sometimes found bad bearings in fans that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If the noise is constant and persistent, it is probably a middle or inner ear problem.

Go ahead, jump all over me if you want, but I have been scanned at times in the past, and it only lasts a few seconds. I've had ear problems before, too, and there is definitely a difference between tinnitus and a scan.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Tom Bedlam,
I know you didn't see me chuckling to myself when I typed my response so you couldn't know I was being facetious, however; I thought the give away was when I said, "I'd go with the loud noises and aspirin cause first".
Anybody willing to take medical advise from a bunch of strangers on a conspiracy discussion forum deserves at least a little conspiratorial humor for their time and trouble.
Always enjoy and appreciate your posts, btw.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I pretty much thought you were tossing that part in to see what you could get for a response, but that "implant" thing just bugs me.

I guess I wasn't aiming it so much at you as at the concept itself. If implants were real, what a waste to implant a "tinnitus chip"!

Everyone knows the "commercial chip" would be the first out.

Used car commercials 24/7. You'd have to pay to turn it off.

On a more serious level, though, it COULD be something really nasty, like Meniere's, a neuroma or a chronic infection. The OP should take him/herself to a doctor.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Excuse me for not entirely reading this thread, as my 5yo is throwing a tantrum. Anyways, I would recomend checking out the Mayo Clinic's website with regards to some medical information. Remember, this is not a substitute for seeing your doctor. Here is a direct link to Tinnitus

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
that the high pitched whine you are hearing is real?

Some of us hear way outside the 'normal range'.

Trust me when I tell you the last thing you want to do is start taking some medication (read: primarily impact to liver and kidneys). Those fine Big Pharma people are more than happy to sell you drugs.

You've caught on to the primary way to trace it (turning your head and listening for strength of signal).

Follow your instincts and you will find the source of the whine.

If this really bugs you and to help to come to grips with it... Talk a trip out to the sticks.

Let us know what you come up with.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Funkydog and I spoke about this in another thread.

I do have ringing in my ears when it is quiet. This was probably from loud music and lawnmowers and stuff.

But, there seems to be a different sound. Like that sound you hear when a TV or CRT PC monitor is on. The only thing is, both the TV and the Monitor can be off, as well as the computer and I still have heard the sound.

The times when I looked for it, I couldn't seem to locate where exactly it was coming from. So, I was thinking, is this coming from the wall sockets? I am not sure that my cable modem or my wireless router would make this sound?

Funkydog, where is the sound coming from? If it's coming from your ears, you might want to go ahead, and be safe and have your ears and health checked out. Get a physical checkup. Let's rule out physical problems. Ringing in the ears can very simply be due to ear damage.

Go to a physical doctor, not a Psychologist. If you have something outside the norm happening, a shrink is not going to help you. They will likely try to convince you that the sound is something that it is not. These are not real doctors anyway. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You could just tell the doctor something like, "I'm trying to figure out if this noise is coming from the TV or my ears. I hear it when it's quiet." And leave it at that.

If you are hearing the same thing I sometimes hear, it seems to be an external tone. Not within my body.

Troy

[edit on 18-2-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I havent read all replies, but YES I hear this. Offcourse I know theres no conspiracy in my case, I´ve played drums for too many years with inaducate protection.
Offcourse its not just the drums fault, sitting inbetween 3 Marshall stacks won´t help.

A good advice to young musicians, wear protection, at all times

if I´d only listened to that advice myself...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Take this with a pinch of salt...

As far as I can gather, if the noise is uncomfortable, it's probably physical i.e. something diagnosable like Tinnitus.

However, I have had what I used to call "white noise", I've even had dreams where the noise manifests in a visual way, very wierd, hard to explain. Anyway, the noise can get extreme but at no point ever is it uncomfortable, it could be very loud for periods of time but it doesn't hurt or interfere with anything I'm doing, even sleeping or trying to sleep. I actually kinda like it.

My point is that I no longer associate the "noise" with hearing or the ears. It is inside, in the head, again, very hard to explain, I think it is worth establishing where the noise actually manifests i.e. Are you sure it's the ears? (I think I know what it is, but I don't really...lol). Perhaps this is not the same thing, I don't know...just my 2 Cents...and you'd probably get change!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

It is most likely because you listen to music too loud, especialy with ear phones.

When i used to listen to music loud i would get that ringing in my ears you talk about but now that i don't listen to music loud i don't get it anymore.

Before you go thinking you are about to have an heart attack (Probably not)
answer me if you listen to music too loud.

I would bet anything on it being because you listen to either ear phones too loud or speakers too loud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join