It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonopah > Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
I just don't see it. The circle marked "Sandia" is nothing but rugged terrain without roads or facilities. The other circle, marked "possible large secret facility," is just a bombing target. The surrounding areas contain other evidence of live bombing.

Yeah, now I see it all that rugged terrain without roads or facilities. I must have been crazy to have thought there was any kind of a secret base there. Surely had there been any type of secret facility the ATS sleuths would have found it for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It seams John could be right! I took a photo of one of the clouds and messed with the brightness and color and hue and saturation and you can clearly see something underneath this "cloud"

Fake Cloud

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is another picture of the same cloud with a little more adjustment.
Looks kinda questionable to me.

Fake Cloud2

Fake Cloud3

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good find Digital Reality. Those two pics do much more to make me more curious than John Lears sarcastic and unhelpful comments.

You are right something does look amiss but Ive just tried playing around with the same cloud but I cant get the same effect. Im not calling you a liar but what adjustments did you make to get that object?

Also was it aligned with you screen already or did you rotate it?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I used corel Paint Shop Pro. Hue/saturation/lightness adjust.
saturation 31,lightness 6,hue 62 with the colorize box checked. No I did not rotate I just zoomed in on the dark spot under the cloud.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This seems to be getting increaingly off topic.

Any more Sandia conversation should probably be made into its own thread.

Maybe it would be best if Digital Reality started a new thread on the anomaly in the shadow.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The dry lake bed located about 15 n.m. to the northeast of Sandia is the location of some other secret facility about which I have absolutely no information other than something very secret is located there the construction of which started in 1985.

John,

I have a lot of respect of you, but this time I think you need to check your facts! You said in your post, there's a dry lake bed there. Google Earth doesn't show a lake bed anywhere near the location you are giving us! Here's the photo from Google Earth:

I checked the coordanates 4 times. This is where the lake bed you mentioned should be. I can understand the base not being on an old image, but where is the Lake?

Tim

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
John,

I have a lot of respect of you, but this time I think you need to check your facts! You said in your post, there's a dry lake bed there. Google Earth doesn't show a lake bed anywhere near the location you are giving us! Here's the photo from Google Earth:

I checked the coordanates 4 times. This is where the lake bed you mentioned should be. I can understand the base not being on an old image, but where is the Lake?

Tim

Tim, please check the map I posted on page 1 for the location of the dry lake bed. Also, I didn't post any coordinates for either Sandia or the dry lake bed so I don't know exactly what you checked 4 times but they weren't coordinates that I gave. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I haved started on thread on Sandia. It can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any comments on Sandia, please make them there.

Thanks,

jl

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Whether the clouds are photoshoped or not is a non-issue.

If you use yahoo maps as a cross reference there are no clouds. You will see that there is no evidence, absolutely no evidence that there's a base at the sandia base loaction or the dry lake to the northeast, both of which Mr. Lear points out.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Tim, please check the map I posted on page 1 for the location of the dry lake bed. Also, I didn't post any coordinates for either Sandia or the dry lake bed so I don't know exactly what you checked 4 times but they weren't coordinates that I gave. Thanks.

John,

Here's what I meant by cordanates:

The dry lake bed located about 15 n.m. to the northeast of Sandia is the location of some other secret facility

Just did! I looked 15n.m. northwest of Sandia. Sorry John, but there is Nothing there. I used you map as a guide and scanned the Entire Area between TTR and Groom Lake. This is now the 5th time my search has turned up nothing but empty desert.

Please tell me we're not searching for the Invisible Cheshire Airstrip!

Tim

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

John,

Here's what I meant by cordanates:

The dry lake bed located about 15 n.m. to the northeast of Sandia is the location of some other secret facility

Just did! I looked 15n.m. northwest of Sandia. Sorry John, but there is Nothing there. I used you map as a guide and scanned the Entire Area between TTR and Groom Lake. This is now the 5th time my search has turned up nothing but empty desert.

Tim, you may be looking in the wrong place. You will notice that in my directions I say '15 n.m. to the northeast' and you say that you looked '15 n.m. northwest'! Its an east mistake to make but it results in an error of approximately 90 degrees and 25 or 30 miles of distance. If you are going to be on the 'search' team you need to know the difference between east and west.

But look, Tim, forget about searching via what you call 'coordinates'. Coordinates are lat/long. What you are trying to do in determine location by radials and distance, a different method than coordinate search.

But you don't have to do any of that. I have marked the dry lake bed with a green circle. Its the one on the right.

Please tell me we're not searching for the Invisible Cheshire Airstrip!

Sorry Tim. You are in fact searching for the 'invisible' 'cheshire' strip. They are talking about the north/south runway that was one of the first runway built at Sandia.

And just a 'heads up' Tim. You are not going to find any more of an indication of where Sandia is than you are going to find where Dulce is.

They are both secrets and as such, those in charge are not going to leave signs such as power poles, buildings, scrape marks, machinery, outhouses, trails or anything like that. You are going to have to use far more sophisticated methods than google and yahoo. And let me caution you: If you try anything more sophisticated in the search for Sandia you are getting into a borderline area of actual 'spying'.

So with all due respect, lets say that you have done your very best and have found nothing. So nothing must be there. Right?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

So with all due respect, lets say that you have done your very best and have found nothing. So nothing must be there. Right?

With all due respect, you're delusional Mr. Lear.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Sorry Tim. You are in fact searching for the 'invisible' 'cheshire' strip. They are talking about the north/south runway that was one of the first runway built at Sandia.

John,

Why didn't you say so earilier? You let us go looking for an invisible airbase and never thought to mention that very critical fact?

For the record, the facility in question is suppsed to be inside Area 19 of the Nevada Test Site. Some believe it's a laser weapons research facility, while other think it might be connected with Flying Disks. However, it's existance is unproven.

Tim

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Does anyone have a high-res sat image of TTR?

Unfortunately, taking 100 screen captures of TTR at an altitude of 8,000 feet in google earth and lacing them together doesn't work. You can't imagine how disappointed I was after snaping 105 photos and then desperately trying to lace them together in Photoshop CS.

Thanks,

Josh

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
At times it almost seems like Lear is a product of disinfo.

But if you remember he always has said there are things he has gleamed from his contacts and information over the years and there are facts he knows for sure.

Unless John says he knows for sure, I take what he says as his educated opinion on the matter. That taken from his years experience with similar matters, credible rumors he has heard concerning the topic, etc.

John speaks with more clarity and professionalism that just about anyone on ATS I have ever seen. That alone gives me confidence in him. It's your opinion and you might interpret these things differently but I feel like John is on our side. He's not trying to give you the answers, he's trying to get you to see them for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join