It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Dark Matter" Revisited... Revised... Rethunk...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hi

It has been awhile since I have had the opportunity to spend some time on Above Top Secret. The look and feel of the site has totally changed.

There has been some fantastic work being done on some great topics. The quick reference links on Area 51, John titor are fantastic are great reads. The site has basically turned into a HUB of information on unexplained phenomenon's and some great information.

I must however confess, there is just a lot of information on the webpage. There are too many sections and navigation as a new comer could be overwhelming. I personally preferred the simplicitic apperance which you guys intially had.

This is no criticism on the fantastic work that has been done but just my 2 cents in the discussion.

Thankyou

knowledge23

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Uhh...errr....I can't remember if I answered this before or not and frankly I'm too lazy to go thru 13 pages to find out. (I know I could probably find out an easier way, but I'm too lazy to investigate that too. LOL!)

Anyway (she asks, blissful in her ignorance) do we now have a choice? Cause I flicked the thingie up top that says "light" or "dark" and now that it says "dark" I can read the posts more easily.

I still have some probs reading things like people's usernames, stats, etc. But that's probably due to old age and bad eyesight.

Lord have mercy on me.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty new here, so take it for what it's worth. The dark screen is much easier on the eyes, IMO. I visit other websites, and the white w/ back lettering gets tiring rather quickly.

I would think that using a proven method that is not as much strain would be retained as it might mean that members remained on line longer.

2 cents, no refund.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm used to Dark Matter.

Offer all the options you like, but please don't change it again.

Those whom I know who have visited the site are quite impressed with the look.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ATS Dark Matter Revisited

After some time spent showing the new ATS to some online people I've worked with in the past, everyone agrees that the "Dark Matter" design is a visually pleasant overall look-and-fell.

It might have had some unforeseen side effects….

Aesthetics aside, there is a lingering issue I've had, and some members have expressed with dark backgrounds.

Maybe we should create at least one forum against dark matter in order to appear more fair and balanced??? Let’s give it … or steal/borrow a green symbol from those pro-dark matter ??

Maybe this is too off topic? But thanks for taking my advice!

Thanks,
ET

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I don't think SO is actually going to redesign the site to look like the mock-up in the OP because this thread is three years old and the site has gone through several redesigns since then. In fact, the mock-up is sort of what the site looked like back when I joined in 2007! I really liked those buttons though and was sorry to see them go.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Indeed.

However, i am very happy with the move to dark. i had shingles on my forehead and scalp several years back. i cannot do bright light because of this.

of course, now that i have "nosquint" in firefox, i can alter all pages to my preferred black background, white text.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is a three year old thread guys. This thread doesn't have anything to do with ATS2010 that Skeptic is working on.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

yeah, well it is still here so :p I like the dark theme better than the light, it makes my brain less fussy.

I wish we'd get the new site already, the preview looked so awesome! >

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Forget what I said.

Old thread.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
This is a three year old thread guys. This thread doesn't have anything to do with ATS2010 that Skeptic is working on.

Yeah, i know. But that's ok. I am just mentioning my preference, and why, in the course of discussion.

Blame the necromancer for reviving this zombie, not me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Since this thread is very old and ATS is undergoing renovation (see link in my signature) please add your thoughts to the most recent Discussion here.

[edit on June 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join