It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Dark Matter" Revisited... Revised... Rethunk...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i didn't like this design

dark matter is much better...the above design would have been ok if dark matter came out first, but the new design compared to dark matter is not good.

keep dark matter the way it is guys.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I really love this new design and I did like the old.

Is there a way to change it in my profile to view the site in the old design?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Files
I really love this new design and I did like the old.
Is there a way to change it in my profile to view the site in the old design?

All we have for now is the "CUSTOMIZE" button on the upper left of the page.

To change from light to dark...

At least until the new design is finalised. Whether or not we will have any options, is still up in the air. But judging from SkepticOverlords last post in this thread, we will most likely have a choice between this Dark layout, and the new layout linked on page one here.

edit to add quote

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I like the dark matter now. I will keep coming back no matter how you redo the colors.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I just love the dark matter theme and disign please please pleaseeee do not get rid of it!!! Perhaps maybe you can change the light/dark function of the current site. Dark mode = dark matter theme and Light mode = the new one

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I suffer with color blindness, and i find that most of what i am now seeing on ATS tends to be blended into the background. I like the dark on light, but its the colors that now give me trouble.

Peoples Avatars tend to look blank to me. I know there are not many that are color blind, and would not want any change just because i am, but maybe its food for thought?

Cheers..Eddie

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z28Jerry
Like it as it is now, but I'm too new to have an opinion just yet.

Thats not true every member their opinion. That is one of the tenets of ATS.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I like the current style but then again I never seen the previous styles.
The one that you have link to.....um...maybe have an option for member to choose the style of presentation in the Member Center as Account Settings or ATS Customizations....hmm....(points usage?)
Just ideas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I like the plasma design, and I certainly believe its better on the eyes. The blue font color under 'Active topics' isnt dark enough in my opinion though.

I really think you should consider working with another font, instead of only juggling around with the colors.. You might end up with a good combination.

And the point about the design being hard on the eyes, is definately due to the fact that not all fonts are dark-on-white/white-on-dark but some colors *away* from 100% dark/white.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's fine...least can read the text better.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I prefer the "dark matter" skin. It's easy on the eyes. The pinkish orangish icons and such kind of stabbed me in the eyeball.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I always walk away with white letters impressioned in my eyeballs whenever I walk away. SIGH, I guess I might be getting old.... Eyesight not so good, I like the other style better.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I like the Dark Matter layout, but probably for very different reasons. At fifty, my eye sight is "heading south" fairly quick. With this new layout, the letters are still blurry (I HATE wearing reading glasses!!) but I don't get the headaches I used to get focusing on the black letter/white background. The new background you offer LOOKS beautiful...now I want to read against it...take it for a REAL test drive, then I'll give a final opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I really don't know why, but I liked it the other way better.

The home page is better now, but the main section starts being like the guide on the digital cable menu. You keep going through, but don't see what's on.

I will be scrolling thru and next thing you know you are at channel 111 and haven't *seen* anything you looked at. Same thing here.

It's fine occasionally but I'm get bored with it.

But then again, I like light.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I like the dark background (very "evocative"
) with white lettering--but I can see how it might be hard on some people's eyes. I agree that an "option button" would be good, so people could choose whichever they prefer.

See how easy I am to please?? LOL!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ichy plasma!

Sorry, I don't like the plasma look. Dark matter doesn't bother me at least (I actually don't really pay attention to the theme), but plasma is really straining on my eyes for some reason.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i LOVE it when do you think we can USE it ??

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The old format looks great. We are living in darkness whilst a few 'enlightened' idiots run our world into the ground. The darkness as a metaphoric expression for our miserable situation in the world is completely appropriate. Keep hope alive folks, if we know what THEY will do then WE have the power.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
At first, I found the dark matter hard to read ( Hear ya, Tolint.....don't cha hate getting old!?.....Macular degeneration here.) The grayer lettering still gives me a bit of trouble, but.....

I've gotten used to the darker background, and I think I actually have fewer headaches.......

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I actually prefer the way it is now than the example you gave.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join