It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I live 1/2 of a mile from the intersection where one of the packages were found. I actually drove through it this afternoon before they found it. Rationally, I know everything is okay, but it still freaks me out.

What blows my mind is that they were able to put 6 packages in the area before they were discovered. What if they had been actual bombs? They all could have detonated at the same time and caused total chaos in the area.

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What I find funny is Fox news Sheppard Smith almost having a corinary over the incident, labeling the cartoon as stoner cartoons, etc.

But my favorite news speak from Sheppard is my new phrase of the month

non-explosive explosive device I laughed too hard at that one.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ATHF's rating are going to go through the roof thanks to the idiots on FOX.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
From Drudge. "Federal security official: Circuit board lights lit up like a smiley face and a middle finger...."

If it were any other city but mine, I'd be laughing too.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
So it was a hoax, this is a plan stupid one I must admit, I do plenty of pranks, but this will cost alot in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Government waste was a huge problem before this hoax even started.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
During the CNN converage of the conference in Boston, a reporter mentioned that TBS spoke of the possibility that it was a marketing compaign. Don't know if TBS actually said that, but never the less, that seems really out there. I would think any business that tried get publicity by this means would be in for some serious crap.

Just in it is TBS

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sounds like something the Cacophony Society might do. I wonder if there's any connection.

Glad to hear it was all just a prank, and that everyone's safe.

Originally posted by Cito
"non-explosive explosive device"

Lmao! Clasic "Faux" News reporting in action.

[edit on 1/31/07 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If this was some sort of marketing campaign, whomever had anything to do with it in that company will be facing serious criminal charges, and the company as a whole could face criminal and civil proceedings as well. Things like this can shut down corporations, even big ones.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a picture of it taken the other night I guess?

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's been a long time since there has been any kind of serious news story so Fox chooses to put all of their resources into following ATHF and the Cartoon Network. All of this while CNN reports on the escalating tensions in the Middle East with Iran. I wonder which network is more credible...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Free Advertising for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters

It's not a Prank, it's a Guerrilla marketing campaign...

All hail the Mooninites.

This show is the best!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So FOX chooses to further enhance their ever obvious motive of causing fear to its' viewers watching by saying someone from the Cartoon Network could face 5 years in prison for each "device." If they knew anything about the American court system, they know that Turner Broadcasting has the best lawyers money can by and nothing will come of this through the courts.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps

www.flickr.com...

If that's the case then there's some serious MSM fearmongering going on here. If these "packages" were that visable then I see nothing worth the hysteria they've (the police and MSM) created. :shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

www.flickr.com...

If that's the case then there's some serious MSM fearmongering going on here. If these "packages" were that visable then I see nothing worth the hysteria they've (the police and MSM) created. :shk:

And the fearmongering is dispicable. I'm just disgusted at how many brainless beings are running around in the herd going right along with these latest fear tactics.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Adult Swim is going to have a field day with this! If anyone is not familar with the late night programming block on the Cartoon Network, they often run this commercial for "Adult Swim" by being candid and speaking of current events. I'll tune in tonight just to see how they laugh this one off.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There were pictures of these things hanging up, lit up, well before this morning... There's a picture of one on flickir.com that was uploaded on January 15th for gods sake. Why is someone just now freaking out about it???

Combination of a poor marketing idea, or was it? How many people just saw all this stuff on the news. Along with some over-reaction.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Originally posted by redmage

www.flickr.com...

And the fearmongering is dispicable. I'm just disgusted at how many brainless beings are running around in the herd going right along with these latest fear tactics.

Agreed. When you look at the additional close up pictures, it looks about as threatening as a lite brite!

The fear mongering is absolutely absurd. I just hope I can cross the bridge on my way home from work tonight....

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's not MSM fearmongering -- they're just reporting the information available to them. Obviously this caused a major government response from Boston local city police to the FBI and Homeland Security. It appears that these unusual "ads" were placed in areas not sold for advertisement.

The company and people involved still face major legal problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join