It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Two Others Hung!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein's half-brother and the former head of Iraq's Revolutionary Court have been hanged, The Associated Press reports.

www.cnn.com...

No other news has been reported!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good to see that these scum are finally being destroyed.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the direct link it wasent up when i first found it

I too am glad more scum have left the earth, just millions of more to go!

Just keep an eye of news coming out of Washington about Iran seems like they are next.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
just saw it on fox news, wonder if it was done in the same manner as
saddams hanging.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Video Links of this should be shown!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein’s half brother and the former head of Iraq’s Revolutionary Court were both hanged before dawn Monday, Prosecutor Munqith al-Faroon said, two weeks and two days after the former Iraqi dictator was executed in a chaotic scene that has drawn worldwide criticism.

Barzan Ibrahim, Saddam’s half brother and former intelligence chief, and Awad Hamed al-Bandar head of Iraq’s Revolutionary Court, had been found guilty along with Saddam in the killing of 148 Shiite Muslims after a 1982 assassination attempt on the former leader in the town of Dujail north of Baghdad.

“They (the government) called us before dawn and told us to send someone. I sent a judge to witness the execution and it happened,” al-Faroon said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seems like the Iraqi judicial system is getting it's feet under itself, and going forward.

This might be the tip of the iceberg, with more sentences handed down, and carried out.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This court isn't technically part of the iraqi judicial system, like the Nuremburg tribunal wasn't part of the west german judicial system, fwiw.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The big controversy now is Barzan's head being severed from his body during the hanging.

Opponents are saying he was beheaded and not really hung.

It just keeps gettin' better.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Considering what happened with the last 'video leak' on Saddam, i think it will be harder to get actual footage of this event, but let me play w/your minds. It does exist! The Iraqi government showed it 'accidently' to a set of western journalists to 'prove' the Barzan Hassan's decapitation via the noose was an accident and not on purpose. It says the vid shows his head a couple of meters away from the body, yikes!

Dont these Iraqis know how to hang people? They halfway rip Saddam's head off (big rip / opening on the side of his neck, a gaping wound), then go and actually pop the head off of Barzan Hassan! Wtf!

Didnt Saddam teach them better technique than this?

Edit: Apparently not. It seems that synthetic fibers were most likely used in the rope, which could cause the cutting of the neck. I find it hilarious that the Sunni politician said 'It's impossible to decapitate someone through hanging, they mutilated the body!'.

Come visit the sunny warm states of The Southern United States for an all intensive tour on the art of hanging. It is here that European descent Americans with racist affiliations and ideaologies would hang minorities, usually African descent Americans, on the side of the road or anywhere convenient, without getting arrested for it. That was quite a long time ago, but the relatives of these people know quite a bit about hanging people, and share many stories. I've always been told that it is very possible to decapitate someone during a hanging, if the rope isn't 'done correctly' and other things aren't observed, such as circumstances (the weight of the victim etc).

For beheading via blade, please visit France or Saudi Arabia, respectively.

[edit on 1/15/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Can we get the video of that dude's head coming off?

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Research hanging....

It depends what type of hanging is being performed, short-drop, long-drop and middle drop. With long-drop you'll see that beheading is a possibility; middle/short-drop not killing the individual and having to re-hang them is a possibility.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, I guess he will be headless burning in hell!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I’m sad the usual human rights advocates of the enemies of the Western world are delighted in yet another death.
Clearly they fail to see the fact poor Barzan's head came off is highly symbolic because ether...
It shows the Iraqi administration can barely achieve a hanging (let alone a government). Or they are so barbaric they certainly aren't fit too.

So (Ironically) perhaps we should have given the condemned men to Muqtada-al-Sadr. He would probably have used a sword and therefore it would been a lot cleaner. After all Muqtada-al-Sadr hates Ba’thists about as much we hate him, because he thinks Ba’thists mimic us.

And as I said at the death of Saddam: “Saddam is dead; long live the need for a Saddam” the same is equally true with regards to these fine men. Because in order to improve the economy and daily lives of Iraqis (plus stability of the Middle East) we need a secular government in Iraq. But a secular government can only be a dictatorship (as long 60% of the Iraqi population are Shiite Muslim Fundamentalists).

Sadly more death can be expected so long as the American President is killing Fundamentalists with one hand; and opening up the bed covers towards the other. Even so; (by virtue of its nature) it won’t be very long till the “bed” of Iraqi (democratic) government is itself on fire; and when that happens (next Iraqi elections) it won’t be mission accomplished; but lesson demonstrated (and myself vindicated!).

For Example…
The fact the vast majority of Iraqis want us out: www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/10/23/wirq23.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/10/23/ixportaltop.html (MOD opinion poll over a year old)
Kind of underlines just what sort of fire this will be; especially when Shiites are not only generally supportive of Iran, but also Sharia law. en.wikipedia.org...

God help Iraq’s Sunnis (who are generally like us) and likewise oppose all this. To demonstrate this fact it was one of their “rogue” elements who blew up the graves of some of the wretched idiots (oppose I meant “prophets”) who founded Sharia law. news.independent.co.uk...
However if Shiites were threatening to kill my wife-women for e.g. not wearing the veil; then I too would be tempted to join one of the Resistance groups and blow up their stupid sacred stone buildings-tombs. Hopefully I wouldn’t do it though; as it was this act which caused a major escalation in the civil war “like” fighting in Iraq. Even so I'm just glad that some of the founders of Sharia law have had their graves disturbed; even though Saddam protected ethnic groups against this sort of violence (and hence like under countless leaders before both Shiite and Sunni Mosques stood side by side for hundreds of year’s right up to this current age of demolition, and former leader hanging).

Today’s Question…
Why do people on here call killers of Muslim Fundamentalist heroes when they’re in the army, but rejoice in their deaths when they’re former leaders of the Ba’th Party?
Surely the absence of the 650,000 lives lost since 2003 (primarily through Iraqis fighting Iraqis) shows that (in their leadership) these men were bigger guarantees against death than causers of it?
And if the Ba’th Party was still in charge we wouldn’t be needed there now (like how in reality we weren’t needed there in the first place).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To borrow a phrase from SNL's original Weekend update Anchor.

"This breaking news just in: Barzan Ibrahim al-tikriti is still dead."

Doesn't matter if the head is attached, or not..he's dead.
Unless you'd like further updates on his condition.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Good to see that these scum are finally being destroyed.

'
Agreed...... to a certain extent....

I do not agree with the barbaric behavior and manor of these executions. Where is the respect for life in general..

Your telling me the execution was so unorganized that the executioners did not know that the thiner and lighter a man is the less he has to fall... they droped the man 8 feet on a long rope and decapitated him.

Of course the entire thing is video taped and will soon be leaked to the public. Where is the respect for dignity.. where is the professionalism.. Couldn't we loan them a Lethal Injection system or something? I mean hell.. we let Al Sadr kill Sadam.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
spacedoubt
Oh I think it matters. It says a bit about how the guy died, a lot more about how angry people will be; and even more about the incompetent government of American haters (but who to date the U.S President still calls “friends”).
Well judging from your opinions is that your spelling of it too?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
[sarcasm] hey did they hang saddamn in the middle of them? [/sarcasm]

make a mock crucifixion? ..

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
On the topic of beheading, I think it should replace all legal Capital Punishment and become the new normal.

I may sound brutal and sadistic, but so are the people who deserve such a punishment.

A quick and cool beheading should ensure less people go and do the blood-bath waltz with their neighbours.

I'm not talking about some dude with a Katana or anything like that.

I'm talking about instantaneous, mechanised surgical steel lopping the Head clean off.

Slayer must be playing in the background, too.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Unrealised]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Wow. I am rather surpised at the level of response to this event. Well done? What exactly is well done here? Justice has been done? A yeah right ofcourse. 3 people have been hanged and now there shall be peace? A new era for Middle East? How wrong you are... If you did not notice, this kind of hangings do just one thing, which is Anger the entire Sunni population of Middle East - and not just in Iraq.

And there is yet another, more moral and ethical question arising here: just what exactly is solved by killing a man who killed alot of people? What was satisfied here? Revenge? Justice? Yep, that is really the first sing of DEMOCRACY and PEACE, when you see man hanging. Not at all a bitter warning of more and more bloodshed in this place. Violence begets Violence, and just who exactly shall be the strongest one, to say NO! and stop the vicious circle?

Yes perhaps he did deserve to be killed, but I know that there are much, MUCH more people out there, who deserve that same sentance 10-times more - yet they are still smiling at us in the TV.

And I wonder how many CHILDREN shall Hang themselves this timel, when seeing the NEW and Improved video of two hanging togather!

But ignore me People - just enjoy this rare moments of this thing you want to call "Justice" and turn your face away from the real violence and the real face of Iraq and the tense Middle East with news like that and pad yourself on the back, while saying - Hey, this Democracy is working! YaY!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join