It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The War With Iran Now Starting?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
U.S. solders launched two raid on Iranian targets in Iraq yesterday. Five Iranians were detained and vast amounts of documents and computer data were seized. The raids are part of a new U.S. military and intelligence operation launched against Iran. The U.S. is trying to identify and capture top officials of the Revolutionary Gard's al-Quds Brigade operation in Iraq. The Brigade is active in arming and training and funding militant movements such as Hezbollah in Lebanon. Containing Iran is now a strategy to end Iraq's violence.

www.concordmonitor.com

.S. troops launched two raids on Iranian targets in Iraq yesterday, following through on President Bush's vow to confront and break up Tehran's networks inside Iraq. Five Iranians were detained, and vast amounts of documents and computer data were confiscated, according to U.S., Iraqi and Iranian officials.

The two raids are part of a new U.S. intelligence and military operation launched last month against Iran, U.S. officials said. The United States is trying to identify and detain top officials of the Revolutionary Guards' al-Quds Brigade operating in Iraq. The al-Quds Brigade is active in arming, training and funding militant movements, such as Lebanon's Hezbollah, throughout the Middle East.

"Throughout Iraq, operations are currently ongoing against individuals suspected of being closely tied to activities targeting Iraqi and Coalition forces," the headquarters of the U.S.-led Multinational Force said yesterday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, maybe this is it. I have heard people say over and over again that the U.S. is going to be going to war with Iran. So maybe all the predictions are finely come true. I remember people saying the Iran is supporting the violence in Iraq. I figured they were probably right. However I was always under the impression that the violence they were supporting was toward the U.S., not Iraq citizens. Also look at what Hezbollah has become. The political party holds many seats in Lebonans government, and it is controled supplied by Iran. So will Iraq become another Lebanon? I fear the out come will be much worse.

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com
www.latimes.com
www.chicagotribune.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Middle East See Little Hope In Palestinian
The Nightmare And The Path To The Terror Atacks
Bigger war coming.......

[edit on 14-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It is probably just as accurate to state that Iran has involved itself in a proxy war against the United States and various regional regimes for some time; for the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan. Of course all of this in addition to the support of Hezbollah, the Palestinian IJ, Hazara Shiites, Hamas and direct support to militants in Somalia etc. etc.

Imho, it was only a matter of time before she got called-out…and should be.

mg

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

direct support to militants in Somalia

Proof for that please, because the US didn't killed ANY Al-Ciada member or that kind of crap in Somalia. They are helping putting the same government who killed the US soldiers back then in 1993.

for the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan

Totally inacurate. Iran helped the USA in Afghanistan more than any other country and they arrested more ``Al-Ciada`` agents than anyone else, even the USA. And in Iraq, Iran wanted to help the US but Bush declined because he wants the Iranian oil and want to control it. Also, who's doing the more crap in Iraq? The Shia who are supported by the friends of the Bush family, the Saudis.

Hamas and Hezbollah are greats organisations that fights against imperialism and zionism and I support them in their action.

Imho, it was only a matter of time before she got called-out…and should be.

And that is so a good choice... Killing 3 millions civilians in air bombing with mini-nukes. How kind.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The Shia who are supported by the friends of the Bush family, the Saudis.

Wow, Saudia Arabia supports the Shia or the Sunnis? I think you made a mistake on your soap box!

Hamas and Hezbollah are greats organisations that fights against imperialism and zionism and I support them in their action.

Yes they support killing innocent civilians. Here here! Let's clap and send funds.

And that is so a good choice... Killing 3 millions civilians in air bombing with mini-nukes. How kind.

Who killed 3million civilians with mini-nukes?! lol. I would think someone would have reported that by now.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Wow, Saudia Arabia supports the Shia or the Sunnis? I think you made a mistake on your soap box!

Your right, Saudi is funding the Sunnis, it's the other way around.

Yes they support killing innocent civilians. Here here! Let's clap and send funds.

You're talking about killing innocent civilians... well, who killed the most? Israël/US or Hezbollah/Hamas? Israël (over 5000 since the first intifada in Palestine only + 1200 in Lebanon) USA: Just in Afghanistan and Iraq over 750.000 deads civilians) Hezbollah (44 kills in Lebanon) Hamas (30 kills max)

So side A: 756.000 civilians killed.
So side B: 75 civilians killed.

Who's the biggest murderer? Yeah. When you are the biggest murderer in the world, STFU about others.

Who killed 3million civilians with mini-nukes?! lol. I would think someone would have reported that by now.

Well, it's the own CIA estimations of death after a strike against Iran nuclear installations, if you're wiser than the CIA, go work for them.

Will you and the others neo-cons (with no respect for human life) promise that IF they use mini-nukes you will finally come to the bright side and say that you were wrong and they are a bunch of criminals and that they must be tried for war crimes? Or you'll just be in denial for the rest of your life?

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You're talking about killing innocent civilians... well, who killed the most? Israël/US or Hezbollah/Hamas? Israël (over 5000 since the first intifada in Palestine only + 1200 in Lebanon) USA: Just in Afghanistan and Iraq over 750.000 deads civilians) Hezbollah (44 kills in Lebanon) Hamas (30 kills max)

Wow what a GREAT defense. You like supporting the killer who does not kill as much. How about supporting neither?

And also...the US hasn't killed even MOST of the people in Iraq as it stands now. The "freedom fighters" and Sunni and Shia insurgents have!

Well, it's the own CIA estimations of death after a strike against Iran nuclear installations, if you're wiser than the CIA, go work for them.

Hold that against the US if it actually does kill 3 million civilians with mini-nukes (which won't happen)

Will you and the others neo-cons (with no respect for human life) promise that IF they use mini-nukes you will finally come to the bright side and say that you were wrong and they are a bunch of criminals and that they must be tried for war crimes? Or you'll just be in denial for the rest of your life?

lol first: im not a neocon. Learn what a neocon is. Just because you don't support terrorist groups or groups that kill ciivlians does not make you a neocon.

second: I never said I support the Iraqi war, or imperialism, or Israel. I support none of the above.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Wow what a GREAT defense. You like supporting the killer who does not kill as much. How about supporting neither?

Well I support those who fight against imperialism and zionism, and that's what Hamas and Hezbollah are doing.

And also...the US hasn't killed even MOST of the people in Iraq as it stands now. The "freedom fighters" and Sunni and Shia insurgents have!

Well this whole mess started with the invasion, so yes, the US is responsable, and what started the civil war? The bombing of the holy site, and it's probably the US or UK commandos who planted the bomb back then in january 2006.

Hold that against the US if it actually does kill 3 million civilians with mini-nukes (which won't happen)

Won't happen? Why? Because the democrats won't allow it? HAHAHA. Or that they won't use mini-nukes? HAHAHA, it's in their plan, in their officials documents, it's the only way to destroy underground bunkers.

lol first: im not a neocon. Learn what a neocon is.

Sorry for calling you that, I was fast on the trigger because people like RRConservative are all over the board saying stupid things.

second: I never said I support the Iraqi war, or imperialism, or Israel. I support none of the above.

Good.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I suppose when the battle lines erode down to China/Russia vs US/Europe cause they ran out of Middle East puppets to abuse and manipulate, then it will be a mandatory matter in supporting a side or moving to Antarctica.

China to US: No Meddling in Our Iran Biz Forbes
Russia warns against Iran action Melbourne Herald Sun
Angela Merkel to Oppose Ambitions of Russia, Iran Kommersant

For all you Nostradamus fans: World War III , 2007-2012

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Angela Merkel siding against his former home... Because probably some of you know that Angela Merkel was in office of propaganda in east germany during the URSS occupation? Interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Proof for that please, because the US didn't killed ANY Al-Ciada member or that kind of crap in Somalia. They are helping putting the same government who killed the US soldiers back then in 1993.

Of course you do understand that I never once mentioned AQ…yes?

But as far as Iran’s involvement in Somalia…here is a diverse list…very easy to get BTW.

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Totally inacurate. Iran helped the USA in Afghanistan more than any other country and they arrested more

Pfft…what you have posted is total bunk…some leads for you to start…again, very easy to find…

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

From an apologist, why expect anything less?

mg

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Iran helped the USA in Afghanistan more than any other country and they arrested more ``Al-Ciada`` agents than anyone else, even the USA.

Proof for this please.
Or a refrence.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This could be getting more serious, or perhaps it is a test of Iran's resolve.

Iran is not happy and making demands:

www.english.aljazeera.net

Iran has demanded the immediate release of five Iranians held by US forces in Iraq, saying that they are diplomats.

Mohammad Ali Hosseini, a foreign ministry spokesman, rejected on Sunday US accusations that its five nationals were agents of the Revolutionary Guards seeking to destabilise Iraq.

The United States military said in a statement earlier on Sunday that the detainees were connected to an Iranian group that provides weapons to Iraqi fighters.

The five men were arrested on Thursday in a US raid on an Iranian government office in the Iraqi city of Arbil.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How serious?

Only time will tell.

Given the current tensions in the region, and the already dicey situation between Israel, USA, and Iran over nuclear plans, UN sanctions etc. This kind of minor incident could be meant to escalate into something more substantial... IMO

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This kind of minor incident could be meant to escalate into something more substantial... IMO

Like garnering unwaivering support of Iranian citizens. The Iranian people may be the delicate thread that keeps peace between the US and Iran.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Angela Merkel siding against his former home... Because probably some of you know that Angela Merkel was in office of propaganda in east germany during the URSS occupation? Interesting.

Not that it matters since you are so factual all the time, but Angela Merkel is a female. What's all this talk of USSR occupying East Germany? They were allies don't you know? Invited guests. You never cease to give me moments of enjoyment Vitch.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Not that it matters since you are so factual all the time, but Angela Merkel is a female. What's all this talk of USSR occupying East Germany? They were allies don't you know? Invited guests. You never cease to give me moments of enjoyment Vitch.

Yeah, sorry for the HIS instead of HER, I was tired... Invited guests? Yeah, I suppose people in east germany were happy with their situation?

Of course you do understand that I never once mentioned AQ…yes?

But as far as Iran’s involvement in Somalia…here is a diverse list…very easy to get BTW.

Yeah you didn't mentionned Al-Qaeda. But the US government is trying to associate Iran with Al-Qaeda.

A Somali Jihadist: We're Not Al-Qaeda
Somalia terror funded in Britain
Terrorists captured in Somalia 'are British'

So Iran is probably trying to wage a war against the US interests in Somalia, but who's trying to put in power the same government who killed the US soldiers back in 93? The US government. They are hypocrits once again. And if we are going after all government who are supporting dictatorship and terrorists groups, the US have the more blood on his hands than any country on earth.

I was against the invasion of Iraq because it was obvious that there was no link to Al-Qaeda nor they had weapons of mass destructions. I'm against an Iran war because of the chaos that will create and the deaths for again unfounded fears of Israël being wiped out the map.

Iran Proposal to U.S. Offered Peace with Israel
Halliburton secretly doing business with key member of Iran's nuclear team
IAEA protests "erroneous" U.S. report on Iran

From an apologist, why expect anything less?

So you like imperialism? You like the fact that your leaders are hyping up the threat so they can take your freedoms and constitutionals rights away? And I'll not start again the debate between Hezbollah/Hamas and Israël.

Update on Iran: A monday morning newspaper in Kazahkstan says Cheney warned Iran to not interfere in Iraq

Proof for this please.
Or a refrence.

Sorry, can't find the reference for that anymore... But the article was saying that it was almost love between Iran and the US, then in the 2002 state of the union, Bush blowed it in calling Iran a evil country. Then the crap started from there.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Sorry, can't find the reference for that anymore... But the article was saying that it was almost love between Iran and the US, then in the 2002 state of the union, Bush blowed it in calling Iran a evil country. Then the crap started from there.

That is true, but like usual, you have only one view, and that is, the American government is at total fault, when in reality both governments had people in it who did not like nor trust the other. So it wasn't like "love". Bush calling Iran part of the axis of evil was a political blunder, which Colin Powel even admitted.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yeah you didn't mentionned Al-Qaeda. But the US government is trying to associate Iran with Al-Qaeda.

Be that as it may, true or not…it still has nothing to do with my posts.

So Iran is probably trying to wage a war against the US interests in Somalia, but who's trying to put in power the same government who killed the US soldiers back in 93?

First…Iran is/has engaged in proxy wars via Lebanon (Hezbollah), Afghanistan (Mullah Jalaleddin, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Hazara Shiites in addition to what I have already provided) and of course Iraq…Iran also endorses militant elements in Palestine (PIJ and Hamas) and Turkey (Kurdistan Worker’s Party)…and has directly involved itself for over a decade in the atrocities of Sudan…not just Somalia.

Of course…all for the goal of peace right?...

Second…in 1993, US forces were in Somalia to help the humanitarian aid flow the UN was attempting to deliver. US forces were deployed with the blessing of the UN to open the closed supply routes, get relief moving again and clear a way for the UN peacekeeping mission UNISOM II…never was the US mandate to enact regime change or disarm the nation. Yet, even these types of humanitarian missions have risks…yes?

Clinton’s administration allowed Somalia to somewhat languish and AQ was blamed for training the Somali’s which committed a majority of the acts against US forces…not a governmental body (if there even was one at that time)...

So you like imperialism?

Please…Iran is guilty of imperialism.

Furthermore, Iran was involved in these types of organizations long before OIF. Iran’s actions can not be so simply justified by only pointing the finger at the US nor are Iran’s actions that of a solely peace seeking nation.

Mg

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
More Iran war is imment talk hitting the wires:

US military strike on Iran seen by April ’07; Sea-launched attack to hit oil, N-sites
Arab Times, Kuwait - Jan 14, 2007

Lots of sabber-rattling, if I had to place a bet it would be that we are going to war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

First…Iran is/has engaged in proxy wars via Lebanon (Hezbollah)

War against imperialism, by protecting Lebanon from Israël and US influence.

Afghanistan (Mullah Jalaleddin, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Hazara Shiites in addition to what I have already provided)

So if we are to talk about Afghanistan, the groups supported by each country, we won't end. The US is as guilty of crap in Afghanistan as Iran, maybe even more because they helped the Talibans taking power with the ISI in Afghanistan and created Al-Qaeda. About the Hazara Shiites, when the Talibans started killing them, Teheran did nothing about it, so their support to them... not so much.

Iran also endorses militant elements in Palestine (PIJ and Hamas)

Hamas, created by Israël to counter the PLO, was accepting Israël in the first weeks of his mandate, but due to cut in funds, US, Canada and the EU did everything to create a situation where Hamas were forced to make threat and fight. They CREATED the shiat.

Turkey (Kurdistan Worker’s Party)

Iran is killing kurds in northern Iraq with Turkey and you say they support the Kurdistan party in Turkey? How that works?

and has directly involved itself for over a decade in the atrocities of Sudan

Well, I was not aware of that.

Of course…all for the goal of peace right?...

No the goal is fighting the NWO and US imperialism.

Please…Iran is guilty of imperialism.
Furthermore, Iran was involved in these types of organizations long before OIF. Iran’s actions can not be so simply justified by only pointing the finger at the US nor are Iran’s actions that of a solely peace seeking nation.

Well they are fighting foreign influence, because you know what happens when the US take over your country when your in the Middle-east, you're screwed, your under a dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We've been in a proxy war with Iran for a long time now. Those insurgents aren't Iraqis wanting freedom from an invading force ... they are terrorists and Iranians and Syrians. The Iranians are there to get us weary of the war and to get us to leave so that Iran can move in and take over Iraq when we are gone - IMHO. BETCHYA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join