It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hello Sleeper.

Thanks for your comments.

This post somehow got placed on page 197 even though that page doesn't exist yet, then it disappeared altogether, and probably should have stayed gone. Then it came back after I reposted it. Some sort of program malfunction, etc.? So, unfortunately, I had to post it again, and deleted and edited this the original duplicate post. Now after rereading the post, I'm sorry I went through all that trouble. (The aliens made me do it.)

How do these thing happen?

Thanks again.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Hi Rudolph,

I don’t change anyone and certainly not the world---it’s for each one of us to change ourselves with any information that may come our way---or via hard knocks.

Hello Sleeper.

Thanks for your comment.

When you put a bullet into someone's head, don't say you haven't changed that person. Because a bullet in the head certainly does have a way of changing a person, as you should know.

Now, you also know, as well as I do, that 'ideas' are more powerful than bullets.

The same principle applies to both. When you put an 'idea', crooked or otherwise, into someone's head, you can't say you haven't changed the person, because you have. And if you have changed one person, you have changed the world.

It is disingenuous of you to say, as you said, "I don't change anyone...". That is obviously a blatantly false statement. Because, Sleeper, you have changed lots of people's way of thinking. For Christ's sake, we have testimonials from them right here on this thread, attesting to the fact. So how can you say, "I don't change anyone," when it is obvious you do? And if that statement you just made is false, how many of your other statements are false as well? Who can know?

Now, you have to admit it. Your ideas can and do change folks. Of this there can be no doubt.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Rudolph_X

Why try to change the point of this thread with pointless questions that seem to be nitpicking than anything else. What are you actually trying to achieve by posting a 16 line comment on the fact that he said he doesn't change people? What has that got to do with anything at all? Are you trying to reach the eventual conclusion that he is a fraud based on the fact that he said this?
Who gives a crap!

What next? His spelling mistakes?

Honestly you seem to take an arrogant stance on this but ill assume you believe in God (Jesus) but why are his ideas are so much more far out than Islam, Christianity? That doesn't mean to say i believe any of it but i'v heard of alot worse from different widely believed religions.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sleeper: Could you possibly draw a picture of this place on Uranus?

Also, did you communicate with symbols like in other testimonies and if you didnt what is the reason for this?

Was there sound and touch when in spirit form?

Does it not infuriate you that you and everyone else on this entire planet is locked in an almost eternal prison and theres nothing we can do? Have you heard of the "other" aliens who want to put a stop to this? After all we are all eternal souls and were made into existence at the same time so what gives these beings the right to lock us in a box? Doesn't this make them our enemies??

You say that we should stay away from trying to delve into the subconscious mind because we would put ourselves in serious danger? Doesn't this sound like the teachings of someone who would want to scare us away from the truth?

Iv head other stories that these aliens are masters of deception. Are you sure you haven't been taken on a big ride of lies and deception? What makes you so sure?

Why are experiments made on other humans but you were basically left alone and taken on a mind-blowing experience while the rest are simply shown horrific things that often leave them with PTSD?

In death, why can't we simply escape and do what ever the hell we want instead of being sentenced to more of the same? Aren't we allowed to make our own decisions? Is "free will" nothing more than a myth? You say that in spirit form we are basically free? It sounds like the "ball and chain" applies even in spirit form.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Whether a principle or idea changes you is entirely down to yourself and what you do with that idea/principle. Sleeper has merely posted information here; whether we choose to read it, to believe it, to base our way of life on it or to cast it aside as the ramblings of a madman is entirely our own responsibility. And the irony is, that's exactly the whole point of Sleeper's posts over the last 185+ pages - we have to take responsibility for everything we do. We can fob off our flaws on our upbringing, blame life for the negativity we endure, but sooner or later we are all accountable for the decisions we make. He is not forcing this down anyone's throat which is the beauty of this thread and possibly why it's outlasted most others.

When you say that Sleeper 'changes' people, I have to strongly disagree. If that was the case, then every single piece of information I hear would change me. All the cult leaders, all the preachers, all the religions in the world ............. everything that is made public would change me, and I know that's not the case as I choose to ignore/contest a lot of that information that reaches me. I'm not trying to run Sleeper down as I respect what he has done here, but from my perception, the information he is putting out is no different in form to that which bombards me from a million other directions. The difference is - I CHOOSE to listen to his and possibly believe it.

Gaz

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elgaz
If that was the case, then every single piece of information I hear would change me.

Doesn't it? Some new idea or concept is presented to you and you are absolutely positive it does not change you? I don't think you can be so sure of your own steadfastness in the face of new, contrary, or controversial ideas.

If you are not changed by ideas and new information....why are you here? Why would you ever read a newspaper or tune in the news?

I have yet to meet a single human who can confidently state they are in complete control and aware of their subconscious activities. Simply acknowledging that things go on in our brains we are unaware of should lead us to conclude that quite possibly, we may even be changed by things we don't even consciously notice.

Suppose a developing country has citizens struggling to find potable water. Just whisper in their ear, you can make that water safe to drink with one tiny tablet. I'll bet that idea changes them, fast.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sorry kids, Sleeper doesn’t get the credit for the changes I have made in my life after reading this thread, I do. Sleeper has given us some tools and some understanding, but it’s up to us to do all the work. Knowledge words and stories do not change anybody or anything, actions do.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
the changes I have made in my life after reading this thread

So, the same changes would have occurred if you had not read this thread? I'm having trouble getting that....in one paragraph you acknowledge changes in yourself after reading this material, yet, will not attribute those changes to this thread....

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hello Folks.

Thanks for your comments.

Look at Sleeper's signature. It is the one at the bottom of all his posts, and is probably indelibly imbedded into your subconscious mind: "We are not here to change the world." That is a political statement. A disempowering political statement. It insidiously takes the power of American citizenship away from you. Believe it and you will have no political power to change and improve our governments.

Look at your government. Both republicans and democrats, twiddly-dee and twiddly-dumb, are overflowing with hideous corruption and seditious treasons against the American working classes. Sleeper is an appologist for corrupt government.

Sleeper says don't blame the corrupt government. Sleeper says, the Aliens designed our world and governments to be despicably corrupt. He blames the Aliens, so as to divert the blame away from those who are truly responsible for our societal problems.

And what about doing something to fix our societal problems? Sleeper says, "We are not here to change the world." Sleeper says there is nothing we can do to fix these problems. Sleeper is simply being an appologist for the political failures of Republicans and the Democrats. He is an appologist for our broken political system.

Sleeper says the Aliens designed corruptions into our governments, and then he says don't even try to fix these problems, because "We are not here to change the world." Both of these statements are false. Sleeper appears to be operating as an appologist and propagandist for those who want to maintain the status quo, all under the guise of telling his story about the Aliens, and this is facilitated by ATS, our gracious hosts, who provide the forum for Sleeper and his ilk.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "God must love the ignoramuses, because he made so many of them." Lincoln was right.

Then when I clearly show that Sleeper is being disingenuous for political purposes (Didn't Sleeper start out on ATS posting in the political forums?), you folks find it hard to believe?

For Sleeper to say, "Don't blame the corrupt politicians. Blame the Aliens for your country's political problems." For Sleeper to say, "I don't change anyone..." And for Sleeper to say, "We are not here to change the world," its the biggest joke of all.
And the joke is on you.

Wake up America! (Dorme vu?) Ding, dong, ding.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Post-fascist objectivism never goes away Rudolph. Some of us just want to understand the calculi behind the mindset. Don't assume everyone is sponging in the behavior modification part.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sleeper is my babies daddy. What are you going to do about the child support, huh, sleepy?! You think you could just give me a cold turkey baster
and a slap on the a** and everything is going to be o.k.?

Oh, and if Mr. Lear happens to read this, next time, i'll take Milton to his Too Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar Enthusiasts Convention, I also have a paper for you that says you have to stay 100 ft. away from him at all times.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What about the incident with your Grandmother in A Day with an Alien or was it just for entertainment?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

You buy a “some assemble required” item from your local five and dime. You read the directions on how the assemble the item. Following the directions you assemble the item, or change it from a pile of parts to an assembled item.
Did the person that wrote the directions cause a change in the item?
Or did you cause the change in the item?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
IMO sleeper's reality as he explains it is far more attractive than what other religions have us believe. Do what you are told, you have one chance, dont screw it up or you'll be in hell for all time.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rudolph_X

Hey Rudolph_X,

Absolutely everything is changing all the time. That is why the buddhists say the first noble truth is impermanence. Now for the big "but". But, it is mostly a case of "same sh_t, different pile."

The second noble truth is suffering. To be in a universe of constant change is suffering. Especially to those who cannot adapt to change. They want things to stay the same and to stay the way they want them to be. Of course, this is impossible in a universe that is constantly changing.

The third Noble Truth is the extinction of suffering. Enlightenment is dependent on the extinction of craving and therefore suffering. In this state all moral and mental impurities have been destroyed and the cycle of birth and death is brought to an end once and for all. Nibbana is referred to in a 'state' of ultimate peace in which the three poisons of greed, hatred and delusion have been totally eradicated. WHat are you craving that makes you need to change things?

The fourth Noble Truth is the path that leads to the extinction of suffering. This consists of eight factors which in their different ways develop morality, wisdom and meditative concentration. The eight factors are: Right Understanding, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration. This path is referred to as the Middle Way in that it avoids self-mortification on the one hand and self indulgence on the other. The Noble Eightfold Path leads one to 'see' and 'know', 'to peace, to discernment, to enlightenment. The Buddha described this path as 'the perfect path' saying that 'if you follow this path, you will put an end to suffering'. He also said that each person must 'struggle for himself' and that he only points out the way.

I copied that off the net, but to me that is basically what sleeper is saying. I'm absolutely certain that if I had the time I could find correlations in Christianity or any other religious tradition that hasn't been thoroughly re-written by demented humans.

So, if one can change one's attitude, or view of the world, one actually changes the pile of sh_t one is dealing with. If one chooses to seriously live one's life according to integrity, then one gets "different sh_t," and maybe even a "different pile."

That is why I think sleeper refers to that it is basically a case of nothing changes. It's just more of the same old ancient patterns of hate, envy and egotistical motives, although in many many many diferent forms.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That's my take.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Following the directions you assemble the item

Dude, please.

You're not assembling anything......changing anything.....without the parts.

Here's a thought...what if the directions are a hopeless mishmash of nonsense and you wind up assembling something that wreaks havoc on your life?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
IMO sleeper's reality as he explains it is far more attractive than what other religions have us believe. Do what you are told, you have one chance, dont screw it up or you'll be in hell for all time.

Far more attractive? You've apparently not checked into the one called Christianity? From what I'm told, accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you'll get lots of chances, and you're going to paradise. What's simpler than that?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by MoonLightDrive

Oh, and if Mr. Lear happens to read this, next time, i'll take Milton to his Too Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar Enthusiasts Convention, I also have a paper for you that says you have to stay 100 ft. away from him at all times.
Cheers

Ha!

Good luck! Number one: I am fierce. Number two: He likes my dresses.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Number two: He likes my dresses.

The blue one? With the spaghetti straps? Particularly flattering.....

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by MrPenny

Far more attractive? You've apparently not checked into the one called Christianity? From what I'm told, accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you'll get lots of chances, and you're going to paradise. What's simpler than that?

It's not as simple as that. You gotta tell everbody you meet "I am a Christian". (I'm never sure whether they are bragging or apologizing.) You gotta go to Sunday School when you're a kid and Church when you grow up which means you always get a late start fishing. You gotta drive around with those little fish things on the back your car. And late at night, just when you are about to fall asleep you wonder if Mark really made him up.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by MrPenny

The blue one? With the spaghetti straps? Particularly flattering.....

You know that one will always be yours MrPenny. I always keep my promise unlike some other peole I know.

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join