It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech: No flag, no "God Bless America"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
This speech was live, right? Not recorded?

Somewhere on here was a thread about CNN cutting prematurely to the President during a practice run of his speech. I'd like to see that video again. Can someone help me find that thread?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Maybe your thinking about a speech given earlier this year?

This one maybe?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I saw the speech and I thought something is not right here.
He seemed to be reading the entire speech and he looked so old.

I didn't notice the flag or God Bless but I did notice that he was wearing a blue tie and I always thought that a red tie should be worn when he is making a speech because it is a symbol of power. He usually wears a red tie.

I wish I could see this speech again.

Does anyone have a link to it ?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
whitehouse.gov has the full thing to watch.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
Maybe your thinking about a speech given earlier this year?

This one maybe?

No. It happened that night too.

I think the thread title was something like... "Gotta love CNN"

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What is the chance that the America president filmed this from a bunker?

Where is he at the moment does anyone know?

He's meant to be selling his new IRAQ war plan to the public, what is his schedualed speaches this week?

Could he be hiding in a secure place aware of something impending?

Yes he could, and the guy awarding medals to soldiers, and giving speeches this week is one of his many "doubles".

Or maybe the color of the bookcase was different in the two pictures because of lighting.

Agit, I know you hate him but this surprises me, You've never been one to jump on the crazy conspiracy bandwagon.

Ill check with Sercret service, find out where he is "right now" and get back to everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Im not saying its his double, it could of been filmed days before it was released.

But lighting doesnt turn a white mantle brown,
and he looks so gaunt and wrecked, i dont think he could star straight into the camera.

If I followed his strategies all the way to this speach, and saw the man in the photo,delivering that speach i would lose all confidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hilarious.

The posters on this thread, "complaining" about no flag or blessing, are the same who would be griping about him doing those things if they were present.

Wishing he was a drugged robot twin will not change anything.

Demonizing your enemies is no substitute for an actual policy alternative. But then, the real point of this thread is to rehearse how horrible he his, and micro-analyze, hoping to find another thing he can be hated for.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Microanalyze?

I do not agree with you. We are simply stating facts. He's much too wide open in his actions for the need of a microscope.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here's more on the differences of the photos:

President's Use of WH Library Signifies Shift in Tone

In 1932, it was remodeled as a library, and in 1961 a committee was appointed to select a collection of works representative of American thought and tradition to occupy its shelves.

Using private funds, the White House Library was recently redone by First Lady Laura Bush. Tonight's presidential address will mark the public debut of its new decor.

More...

So it was Laura who took down George Washington's painting!

I'm glad we have that solved!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I do not agree with you. We are simply stating facts.

Really???

Originally posted by dgtempe

Maybe he IS a sore loser.

Is that a fact?

Maybe so, in the same sense that Humpty Dumpty Expained it to Alice in Wonderland:

"What I tell you three times is true."

[edit on 12-1-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dr,

Please. I have the utmost respect for you and your threads. I wish you would do the same.
What we are saying here is nothing, nothing you have not heard before. Just tune in your tv.

Commentaries by Americans on American television, where some feel it is still ok to voice an opinion.
I would appreciate if you would allow us to continue disecting what we are talking about.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Heh another idea that came to me after my last post is that maybe he is trying to be more pc and liberal?

Ya know I don't want to say God bless America as it might offend some one? Same thing with the flag some one might become offended by it

Maybe he is trying to make a come back on his ratings.

Or once again it could be the caffeine.

Raist

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
dgtempe

Interesting thread.

I don't read too much into the absence of the flag. But I do find it interesting his chosen setting.

He obviously wanted to "sell" the notion that he was relaxed for this speech... He obviously wasn't...

www.cumberlink.com..." border=0>
[edit on 12-1-2007 by loam]

I didn't watch it live, but read the speech and looked video of it the next day.

My impression was that of a man who felt forced to do or admit something that went against every fiber of his being. In other words, GWB still thinks the old way is right, but his handlers made him do this speech to try and salvage something of his presidency. Did it take drugs for him to be able to get through this, who can say?

To me, the missing flag and "God bless..." could well be subtle cues or clues to what I first said.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree with you Cent,

He was forced to do something he did not want to do. The fact still remains that the American flag was not behind him and he did not say "God bless America" which he has always said.

I have no idea if either other Democrats or Republicans have said anything to this effect. Its a genuine question. And one both parties can be curious about. Not just Bush-bashers.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Come on guys let him go, President Bush will be gone in 2 yrs and then you will have the next person to rip apart, make fun of, etc

How can you be so certain that he will be gone in two years?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Hilarious.

The posters on this thread, "complaining" about no flag or blessing, are the same who would be griping about him doing those things if they were present.

Dr, usually I love your posts. But I am baffled by your position here, and couldn't disagree more. Please refer back to dg's original post. She said nothing about Bush, and did not bash him at all. She merely pointed out that it was strange to see no flag and get the usual "God Bless.." comment.
Furthermore, I have never seen anyone bash the President for having an American flag behind him when he speaks, or for blessing America. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

But then, the real point of this thread is to rehearse how horrible he his, and micro-analyze, hoping to find another thing he can be hated for.

Dr, that is utter crap. Rehearse how horrible he is? No chance, man. You're way off on this one.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I would rather have a president that has the courage to stick with his convictions, rather than spin like a weather vane every time a new poll is taken. That said, however, a leader cannot 'stick with his convictions' to the point of being dogmatic. Situations change and they must retain at least a little fluidity.

That doesn't seem to be what has happened with GWB. He had stuck with the plan no matter what for a long time. Then, in a short period of time, he was forced to dump (rightfully) Rumsfeld and repudiate Rummy's philosphy for fighting the war. GWB probably looked at that as stabbing a friend in the back and he's having a real hard time dealing with it. Plus the realization dawning that maybe there had been a better way, and that lots of people have died doing it the "wrong" way.

That's the person I saw giving that speech ...

[edit on 1/12/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I too feel the absence of the flag and "God bless America" is odd. The fact that his speach wasnt cluttered with umm and humm, and he didnt talk with his hands was equally if not more bizzar. After studying it more carefully, I found quite a few oddities. They show a pic of Pres. Bush standing for this speach, but if you pay attention to the back ground and the moldings on the bookcase, it is clear that if he is standing, then it is a background. If you watch the speach on the full screen, and pay attention to the right hand side, you will see another oddity that I can not place in the other pics of the newly redecorated library. You can only see it in the begining, they zoom in 28 sec. into the speech to crop it out. So, with that, I can see how some would think "backdrop". I wish I knew how to mess with the brightness and contrast in the video like I would a photo. Someone brought it up that he seemed like somone or something other than Pres. Bush. From an artistic standpoint, I found a few differences between the Pres. Bush in this video and other pics of him. President Bush has a very defined cleff in his chin, where as in this video he doesnt. He also has a couple of wrinkles on his forehead that go the full legnth of his forehead. On the video there are several, in the middle of his forehead only. In this video his face is fuller in areas they werent before, and his right eye (the one on the left when you are looking at him) is also a different shape. Mabe it is just botox, I am sure all these oddities could be explained away. But the fact that there are so many, and the lack of the flag.....its just creepy in my opinion.

BTW, if you look up the previous pics of the library, there was no George Washington over the mantle during the Clinton's stay. I dont know as a fact that they are the ones that changed that, but from what I can tell, that is when his portriat dissapeared.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 12-1-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Hilarious.

Dr, usually I love your posts. But I am baffled by your position here, and couldn't disagree more. Please refer back to dg's original post. She said nothing about Bush, and did not bash him at all. She merely pointed out that it was strange to see no flag and get the usual "God Bless.." comment.
Furthermore, I have never seen anyone bash the President for having an American flag behind him when he speaks, or for blessing America. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

But then, the real point of this thread is to rehearse how horrible he his, and micro-analyze, hoping to find another thing he can be hated for.

Dr, that is utter crap. Rehearse how horrible he is? No chance, man. You're way off on this one.

Who finds it strange the Dr. Strangecraft could be so far off on this one. Maybe he's drugged or there is an imposter poster at work here.

I mean who else found it interesting that Dr. Srangecrafts "Dude" Avatar is missing?

Hmmm. Something just doesnt seem right. I wonder what's going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join