It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

race of the ancient egyptians still on debate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What are the views of this board concering the *race* (no matter how debunked the term may be) of the ancient egyptians?

Based on ridiculously abundant evidence, i've come to the conclusion they were very much a black people.

My other question is how many sincerely believe aliens were responsible for the great pyramids?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If the thread is inappropriate, forgive me as i'm new here.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Based on ridiculously abundant evidence, i've come to the conclusion they were very much a black people.

none of the features of the egyptian pharoahs are negroid

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

Ummmm ... I dunno 'bout that ... put a picture of Beyonce next to one of Nefertiti ...

Both beautiful women and both possibly black.

But! I have come to the conclusion that, more and more, race is becoming a myth. Unless you start talking "Human Race". Then I tend to become unclear as to the semantics of the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

put a picture of Beyonce next to one of Nefertiti

ooh i don't think I want to get into a discussion on the racial merits of Beyonce Knowles
heres her mum anyway
decide for yourself

the same can be said for the Egyptian royal dynasties
calling them Black would be a mistake
calling them white would also be incorrect
calling them Egyptian
that would probably be safer

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Marduk ... I think we're kind of saying the same thing. I'm not real impressed with the quote - racial - unquote definitions as being useful anymore.

Being as how I'm kind of old myself ... I have to say that Beyonce's Mother is pretty good looking for an old girl.

BTW... Noticed you are in South England. I used to live in Finchingfield (not really very South), but used to hang a lot with the Musos in South End on Sea.
I love your country, and but for a few trips by the otherwise graceful fates, would have staid there.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hmmm... the sphinx seems to be a black person's face
www.fyvie.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

What is a negroid phenotype? Might i add judging by what you consider "negroid", most of the "features" of egyptian pharoahs i've seen looked pretty negroid, or at least had dark skin...

Try to at least check out the forum link i posted...if you're open minded to read conspiracy theories you should at leasy give "afrocentric" forums a chance.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by nur23_you55ouf]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
none of them have curly hair

a lot of the early dynasty statues have light skin not dark as do wall murals
when you look at the murals there is a clear definition in colour used
darker tones are usually reserved for manual labourers
but it depends on which period you are talking about
to claim that the Egyptians wer black is incorrect and an overgeneralisation of enormous proportions
to claim that they were white is laughable
generally from what I have observed the gods (with the exception of Anubis are depicted light coloured as are queens and other women)

imo this means if anything that egyptian pharoahs were racist because they only liked the white gals

and I don't read conspiracy theories
and I have given Afrocentrism a chance
I'm on first name terms with Dr C.A.Winters
doesnt mean I agree with all his theories though

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Marduk]

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

to claim that the Egyptians wer black is incorrect and an overgeneralisation of enormous proportions
generally from what I have observed the gods (with the exception of Anubis are depicted light coloured as are queens and other women)

LMAO...i urge you to post that crap on the forum link i posted. In fact, it's been quite known invasions have had great influence on the LATER dynasties.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleted majority of quote since it is viewable immediately above this post

[edit on 7/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

LMAO...i urge you to post that crap on the forum link i posted. In fact, it's been quite known invasions have had great influence on the LATER dynasties.

you mean that crap which is genuine Egyptian antiquities
well if your forum thinks its crap that show you just how bad your forum is doesnt it
are you afraid to post at the hall of maat ?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

you mean that crap which is genuine Egyptian antiquities
well if your forum thinks its crap that show you just how bad your forum is doesnt it

Never implied it was crap, but will get interesting responses if you use those pics as representations of the average egyptian...

Why not post "genuine egyptian antiquities" that show egyptians having dark skin? (as the majority of them do)

Do you believe the ancient egyptians were a mixed race? If so, i don't disagree but i do disagree with your apparent views that they were mixed from the start. They had to have some consistent phenotype in the beginning, and evidence proves that phenotype being african. None of the aforementioned was the conclusion of the afrocentric but unbiased scientists also.

does the great sphinx have "negroid" features Marduk?

Also: www.egyptsearch.com...

are you afraid to post at the hall of maat ?

Why would i be afraid of posting there? I hope you're aware if the evidence showed a correlation that doesn't support the theory that they were black, i would not have believed it in the first place...don't mistaken me as an afrocentric.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Egyptians had the features of Arabs. Not blacks. Where there blacks within the socity? Sure, most likely. Was there most likely racism? Oh ya. Thats not something new that America started or anything, no doubt the races where segregated. Blacks did not often live north of the Saharah in very large numbers. Back then anyways, when you had to walk across the sand. Just because it was in Africa, does not mean it was "black" .. It was much closer to Arab looking people (semites) and their civilizations then they where to any prominant "black" civilization.

But why bother, it seems those who claim Egypt was a black empire never change their mind, they continue to put aside facts for their personal feelings.

And why am I even responding? This question has been beaten to death on these boards.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Weren't the ancient egyptions Arabs as they are today?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well my theory is, that the pharaohs were represented by just about every race in the known world and at least one not in the known world. I believe they were hybrids, at least, initially. I've seen depictions that showed afro-american features. Depctions that showed oriental features. Depictions that looked more arabic. Depictions that looked more semitic (as in hebrew not arabic). And even depictions that looked like those from India and Europe. I think they had the fine art of marrying for political reasons, down to a science.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Weren't the ancient egyptions Arabs as they are today?

*keyword there is ancient.

Modern egypt is a result of the influx of greek, roman, and arab peoples...completely different from back then.

Consider this: The americas which originally had indians, now has completely different types of peoples...could the same not happen to ancient egypt?

You can check out the hall of maat or the forum link i posted for an explnanation. (assuming the hall of maat isn't some pro arab or eurocentric board)

I guess i'll soon find out....*clicks link

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nur23_you55ouf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleted majority of quote since it is viewable immediately above this post

[edit on 7/1/07 by masqua]

I don't like you.

I really don't.

Your rude.

You put other posters down for ABSOLUTLY no reason.

Welcome to the board.
I am certain you'll make many friends. I won't be one of them. Though I wish a mod would come on here and teach you why not to refer to other peoples posts as "crap".

Anyways.

An addon to my last post, another reason Egypt could not have been black is that they where conquered by the (Hittites?) Which was based in the Middle East (Northern area - Modern Iran) And ocne they took over Egypt they converted to their culture but installed their own leaders. The thing is, history says it was a bloody take over, but once assimulated they lived in peace. That says they had to look simular (Middle Eastern in color) Because Arab people and blacks do not get along any more then whites and blacks do.

Just observed from history. There is alot of evidence against your claims. Though I am sure using historical facts would now make my post crap right?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

A COMMON ignorant post.

PARDON ME?

Where the bloody hell are the mods on this forum?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't like you.

I really don't.

Your rude.

You put other posters down for ABSOLUTLY no reason.

Welcome to the board.
I am certain you'll make many friends. I won't be one of them. Though I wish a mod would come on here and teach you why not to refer to other peoples posts as "crap".

I didn't mean to make my post look as rude as it seemed...i'll watch what i say from now on also. I've been too used to the laid back language in the "OT" forums lol sorry. (To Marduk and anyone i've offended)

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

A COMMON ignorant post.

PARDON ME?

Where the bloody hell are the mods on this forum?

My point is that a common misconception is that the ancient egyptians had an "arabian" phenotype. Such is a logical conclusion in a sense provided evidence that there have been arabs in the region before blacks.

I hope you're aware that "black" can refer to a number of phenotypes as africa is the most diverse continent in the world. just because someone is "black" does not mean that they look like blacks from let's say the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join