It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdered Black Entertainers: No Justice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I only read the first 3 pages of this thread so if someone has covered this already I apologize in advance.

Spawwn, while you have a point about perhaps noone caring to look into their murders, I don't think you are looking at this properly.

If they had a huge crackdown on the drug trafficking and gangbanging and rounded all the people up, then you'd be hollering racism, because they were born into that culture... But its that very lifestyle that led to their murders, so to prevent further murders shouldn't they crack down on gangbangers? Shouldn't everyone stop buying the stuff that promotes violence and drug dealing? Of course not, casue I'm sure the whole war on drugs and such wouldn't actually help huh? Its a tool to further the racist agenda no?

The fact is black culture needs to look to people that break out of the drug dealing and gangbanging as their heroes... Tupac was a thug and doesn't deserve to be idolized. In fact its truly sad that anyone would aspire to be a former drugdealer, turned rapper. For God's sake these are your children... make them look up to Edward Temple of TSU fame...A wonderful man and close friend of my family. Make the rappers look like exactly what they are...a rolemodel of how NOT to be.

I may be a little racist, but with reason. Its a fact that crime is higher in the poor black communities, that drugs are more prevailant and that violence has become a way of life to many of the black youth today. Its up to the black fathers to change the way their children are growing up. Because ultimately that is who every child no matter their color should look up to, their mother and father...Stop blaming and start leading.

Just 2 cents... and I might feel different tomorrow =)

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How do you listen to people "rap" about killings and shootings then when they get shot and killed themselfs you start going crazy?

EDIT:

Originally posted by Spawwwn
because i support rap music and the message they send?

And you support the message of shooting, hating cops, racisim and drugs? Do rappers rap about solving murders?

I don't understand that whole thing. Why sing (well, not really singing.) about shooting people? That might get you shot I guess.

I say ban rap. It doesn't do any good. It just tells people about killings and shootings.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I said 50 was garbage, I just didn't feel like writing an essay on the topic.

Tupac is garbage too. As are almost every rapper out there. I only give credit to E-40 and that's about it. I hope more and more rappers get killed off as time goes by.

When you want a real debate on race, minus the name-calling and games, let me know. I'll be here.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I would love to debate with ya.

I second that.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that yes, it would be great if the perpetrator of said crimes were caught and prosecuted. If that could be accomplished then not only have we gotten rid of dangerous role models(the victim) but we also got rid of the scum that killed them. Two birds with one stone, so to speak. Racism is alive and well. I married a man that was pretty racist when I met him and I did a lot to change that because I did not want my children raised with that influence and all was going great until my kids completed grade school and entered an inner city school for junior high and high school. My years of preaching tolerance went right out the window when they were faced with children that thought the rapper thug mentality was cool. When you have African American kids trying to intimidate you on a weekly basis it is hard to maintain a caring attitude towards their plight. It's a vicious circle for which I have no answers. According to Spawwn they act like this because of the way they are treated, but a lot of the time they are treated that way because of the way they act.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
By the way, I vote Master Jedi for "way above". You are absolutely right about the parents being the role models.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
quote: @ jake the dog man = so i'm the biggest racist now right? because i support rap music and the message they send? Or because i blame the police for racially profile minorities. The problem with people like you is you don't think any blacks should have a gripe anymore. We're not in chains or being hung so shut up and stop doing drugs, right? It's ironic that you call me a racist when you have implied some of the most racist things i have heard yet.

You're not a racist because you support rap and the messages it is sending, you are a racist and ignorant because you refuse to acknowledge what we are actually trying to tell you. Now it's fair for you to have your own opinion; but please don't take something that we say for wrong and then run with it because it will only look bad on you. You are a racist because you bad mouth Caucasians for something they don't even have control over. Unsolved murders? Not all crimes are solvable, there will be crimes that will never be solved and that's a truth; nay, the ultimate truth. Be them black or white, there will always be crimes that will go without justice and unsolved providing no closure for those involved, it just so happened that the famous black entertainers that go through unsolved crimes have their stories spammed through out the networks and channels by the media trying to get a certain point across... the wrong point. Another thing you should not take and run with. You are a racist for your words against those of another color and you're constant rant that the black community is constantly being put down, I'm trying to open my mind to your point and understand where you are coming from, don't get me wrong. But you're not opening your mind to what we are saying. Respect those and they will respect you.

I'm lost. I think your getting me confused with someone else. None of this describe my views or my statements.

This thread has run it's course.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResinLA
I hope more and more rappers get killed off as time goes by.

What kind of thought-process could possibly be behind a statement like that? You want more violence?

I would love to debate with ya.

You have too many 'issues,' I think, with black people, and black women. I'm not sure how that debate would go.

Originally posted by enjoies05
I second that.

Start a thread and send me a link.

Do rappers rap about solving murders?

No, but when detectives start rapping, I fully expect that to change.

Seriously though, why would they?

[edit on 8-1-2007 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
Tupac was a thug and doesn't deserve to be idolized. In fact its truly sad that anyone would aspire to be a former drugdealer, turned rapper.

This kind of thinking is the root cause of all of the 'back-and-forth' in this thread. People assume they know, when they have no idea of, the actual facts.

Fact is, Tupac never, ever, ever sold drugs. He seemed to know very early on that he wanted to be an entertainer.

At age 12, Shakur was enrolled in Harlem's famous "127th Street Ensemble." His first major role with this acting troupe was as Travis in the play A Raisin in the Sun. In 1984, his family relocated to Baltimore. After his sophomore year he transferred from Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School to the Baltimore School for the Arts. At the School for the Arts, he studied acting, poetry, and jazz, and performed in Shakespeare plays and landing the role of the Mouse King in The Nutcracker.

In June 1988...he attended Tamalpais High School and was a member of Ensemble Theater Company (ETC) and where Shakur continued to pursue his career in entertainment.

In 1990, he was hired as a back-up dancer and roadie for up-and-coming rap group Digital Underground.
wiki: Tupac's Early Life

I may be a little racist, but with reason.

How can you say that, when, as I've already shown, you don't even know what you're talking about. Your whole argument is built on a steaming pile of assumptions. Notice how I have links in my posts? I already know the stuff, I put them there for people like you, because I'm trying to encourage posters to deny ignorance, yes, even when it comes to black people.

violence has become a way of life to many of the black youth today.

Violence has become a way of life to many American children today. That's a discussion for a different thread.

Besides, when white kids shoot up an entire school, I never hear anyone blaming the parents. It's always the music the listened to, or the movies they watched, or, boo-hoo, other kids didn't like them.

I call bs.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The fact that the police don't put much effort into solving rappers murders isn't because the victims are black (ok maybe there's a degree of racism in some bent cops, but that would just be an exception). It's simply because they're self-proclaimed gangstas that put themselves in the line of fire by rapping about such issues and being involved in shoot outs, etc and think it's 'cool'.

And it just so happens that 'gangsta rap' is primarily a black people's music, so obviously there are going to be more black people killed over it.

There's nothing racist about it, it's just that these 'gangsta' twats that the police don't want to waste time on all happen to be black because gangsta rap involves black people.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Harlem hottie... I'm sorry that I didn't elude to the fact that I was no longer referring to only Tupac about the drug dealing, but that was in reference to the other rappers as well.

Perhaps I am a little ignorant of the rappers personal lives, but I judge them on their more influential aspect of lyrics.

"I see death around the corner, gotta stay high while I survive
In the city where the skinny n***as die
If they bury me, bury me as a G n***a, no need to worry
I expect retaliation in a hurry
I see death around the- corner, anyday
Trying to keep it together, no one lives forever anyway
Strugglin and strivin, my destiny's to die
Keep my finger on the trigger, no mercy in my eyes
In a ball of confusion, I think about my daddy
Madder than a moth*****er, they never shoulda had me
I guess I seen too many murders, the doctors can't help me
Got me stressin' with my pistol in my sheets, it ain't healthy
Am I paranoid? - Tell me the truth
I'm out the window with my AK, ready to shoot
Ran out of endo and my mind can't take the stress,
I'm out of breath
Make me wanna kill my damn self,
but I see death around the corner"

-Tupac Shakur

Don't presume to know me or my background... I'm from a town in TX that has a predominantly black/hispanic population. I said I was racist with reason because I've been subjected to life within a black community. And as far as racism goes, I experienced more violence and discrimination from them than I ever gave to them. So before you put me on blast, ask why I feel the way I do, not try to insult my intelligence and insult me by assuming I'm just another redneck cracker.

I stand by my statement of black parents need to provide better role-models... As far as blaming the parents for Columbine and such...I do, and I believe that whoevers guns were used should be prosecuted as the children shouldn't have been able to get to them. But that is not what was being discussed or I would have included my opinion on that matter as well.

Mod Edit to apply external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 8-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think a problem with alot of the comments on this thread is that people don't understand the point of hip-hop. It's roots lie far back in musical history, and progressed through blues and jazz into poetry. If you listen to Leadbelly, a 1930s blues artist, he talks about the same thing (decent) rappers talk about today. Be that the racism prevelant in society, lack of employment or the often violent community that thrives in an area which lacks conceivable goals. If you listen to The Last Poets or Gil Scott Heron, all black poets from the 1960s onwards, they talk about similar things, just brought up to date, with the inclusion of drugs etc.
Hip-hop nowadays has been tainted to a degree, with the likes of 50 Cent and other "Bling" era artists. It's commercial hip-hop, made for disillusioned white and black kids. Talking bout guns and murder in the farcical way he does appeals to both groups, be it suburban white kids who crip walk to school or black kids in the projects who see it happen, but it's now cool. Thats my reasoning behind not supporting mainstream rap these days, as it has sold out to money.
However, to say that all rap music stems from glorified violence and bigoted racism is nonsense. Hip-hop has always been the voice of its people, same way Country was for Southern white folks. If you live in an area where people have been driven to such extremes, you don't sing about how candy coated and wonderful everything is.
It's the same reason theres a divide in country between those who support the Government and those who don't. For a rapper to say they support the police department, warts and all, and want to embrace all rich white kids into their community would be absurd. Such social barriers were created long before hip-hop, it's just a voice for the under-dog to air their concern.
The whole "live by the gun, die by the gun" mentality that some of you think justifies a mans death is also absurd. America is a country built upon blood shed. If a gun enthusiast or a hunter was killed, there would be more sympathy than if a criminal was. But in reality its just a social divide. White folks would be shooting eachother and extorting their own if they had no choices other than to, just look at how we react during sales.
I don't think the American justice system has done anywhere near enough to solve the murders of Tupac Shakur or Biggie, and a primary reason would be the lack of support in the white community, the older white community. When NWA appeared on the scene in the early 90's, caucasians around the country got all riled up over their misogynistic lyrics and screw the police anthems, more so when their kids started to like it. Of course, the actual message behind their music was ignored. The points about the rise of gang culture in Compton and the crack epidemic was missed behind lambasting of the goddamn murder music and negro noise.

In short, my point is that racism is still prelevant, and played a part in the unsolved murders of these black entertainers. Classism is just as dangerous in this case, as the only person a cop is less likely to believe than a black person, is a poor white person. Until America learns to accept its cultures, instead of just allowing them to exist, and then feeding them bs to make them think of themselves as somehow lesser if they embrace their own society, the problem is not going to go. You keep pushing someone away, they more they'll push back. Be that a black man who just wants a job, or a white man who just wants his guns. It shouldn't matter how black, or how rich someone is when it comes to the crime of murder.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
mod edit, paragraphs added

[edit on 8-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What kind of thought-process could possibly be behind a statement like that? You want more violence?

I don't want violence, I just want to see more stupid rappers get killed off. Why? Because I don't like them. Onions, peppers, cheese huh? End of story!

You have too many 'issues,' I think, with black people, and black women. I'm not sure how that debate would go.

Yes, I will be honest and say I have a ton of issues. And stupid rapper wannabe's is one of them.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The real tupac shakur was a man who started relativly simple and got manipulated by his "team" of managers etc. to over time become something that would help them not tupac. THey were using him like a tool to get money. Tupac went from being a mama's boy who wrote some decent poetry to a guy trying to make it anyway he could ( dancing with a blowup sex doll, as a backup dancer/whatever for digital underground, in the humpty dance video.) to a guy who shot his AK-47 into his own livingroom couch to impress his "friends." pretty big change for someone to go through. You guys still think he wasn't controlled by his management and used to further a interest in the rap industry?

Yes there is still some really good rap out there-underground. But like I said underground is underground and that causes two problems. Nobody is going to hear it cause it's underground, so your message aint going to get out unless you change how you are going to play the game. It's indicative of low interest in something frequently and in this case it's beginning to look that way. So as I said yes underground good rap, but with a much smaller demographics than you assume.

The second problem is. How do you know it's really good rap if nobody from the outside can/will hear it to even judge weather or not it's any good. It's off by it's self, and with very poor ability to develope traction into the outside world. Try and meet the public halfway in the middle and then you can get more interest.

My whole point with this thread was not to bash a certain style of music. It was to give a reason as to why the general population and policing agencies didn't care about these particular individuels.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well guess what it's weeks later and NOBODY CARES ABOUT DARRENT WILLIAMS ANY MORE. Yep the news ran the story for ONE DAY and that's it. There have been no updates and the police haven't released any new information. To make matters worse i am willing to bet money that in a year there will STILL be no killer, and people won't even remeber.

Law enforcement: Class act you doughnut stuffing, roll-around-in-your-own-slop, mud bathing, corrupt, drug planting, sorry waste of life, fat, useless, ****** beating PIGS.

So what are you ATSers gonna say a year from now when nobody has still been caught for the crime? you're probably gonna give me some BS about how "oh well police can't solve every crime" and talk the same junk you been talkin for 6 pages now. Still won't even for a second think that race has anything to do with it. However i really wanna see britney spears get gunned down at a mall tommorow..just to see how fast they catch her killer. I can immagine it now, she'd be on the front page of the paper for weeks and i bet you in 6 months to a year, somebody would be arrested and charged with her murder.

You know what i used to have a certain respect for ATS + members as a whole..i thought as silly as some of these topics are that get created, people generally search for a deeper meaning, or at the very least would entertain an idea that is actually based on REAL LIFE FACTS.

Turns out i was wrong...people would rather debate if grainy unwatchable UFO videos and stupid fake 9-11 government conspirocys are real..then bother looking into a matter that ACTUALLY MIGHT BE A CONSPIROCY. You would rather make up 100 reasons why racism could not be part of the reason that these murders went unsolved, then actually listen and consider the very valid reason why racsim is a DEFINATE contributing factor to these cold cases.

Well whatever i'm done with this. while i certainly do not feel that everyone on ATS is an elitest who feels peoples opinions are beneth them..i see no reason to actually care what is said around here anymore. AFter 6 pages this thread has gone nowhere and i feel that's inexcusable. This place isn't truley for people who are smart, just a lot of the time people who THINK their smart.

They think it cool or makes them feel good about themselves to take an outsidist or far far far alternitive look at life. They feel cool thinking they can see ghosts or saying that they "know the gov was behind 9-11". Well i'm tired of it. You people want to talk about fantasy land topics, and leave the real stuff alone. That's fine with me, have fun searching for majic unicorns and bugging out over the next doomsday prophecy and hiding from evil government run terrorist orgainizations.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
I want you to imagine something. Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning to hear that Mel Gibson had been shot and killed at a nightclub. There would be outrage.

Of course we would have to imagine. Because the fact is that white entertainers don't seem to be getting capped off as much as black entertainers have been in the past decade or so. I offer as support of my claims: Statistics.

They were young people who were killed before their time, many gunned down in front of large crowds of witnesses.

Ya, real loyal and helpful witnesses who say they saw nothing. Perhaps they didn't trust the police enough to confide in them. Perhaps they thought like the guy who said this:

Law enforcement: Class act you doughnut stuffing, roll-around-in-your-own-slop, mud bathing, corrupt, drug planting, sorry waste of life, fat, useless, ****** beating PIGS.

I propose, that all these murders remain unsolved because the victims were black.

I propose that all these murders remain unsolved because the witnesses were black, and profiling the cops, the ones they did not cooperate with.

After 10 years nobody knows who shot Tupac or Biggie Smalls.

If someone did know who shot Tupoc and/or Biggie, do you think the odds are more in favor that those who know the truth are black, or white?

Great job you worthless mud dwelling pigs.

opinion. judging people you don't even know, nor have you met them. This opinion is the result of an uneducated guess as to the intentions and motives of strangers. But, you must already know all you need to know concerning this, or why would you make such a statement?

Like I said, if Mel Gibson was gunned down..the police would be all over it. So what makes Tupac, Jam Master Jay, or any of these other multi-million dollar celebrities different? The simple fact that they are black.

That is the point. It is "IF" Mr. White entertainer was gunned down.
How many white entertainers are there?
How many black entertainers are there?
How many of the white majority entertainers have been gunned down?
How many of the black minority entertainers have been gunned down?
Of the black entertainers gunned down, how many white witnesses were there?
Of the black entertainers gunned down, how many black witnesses were there?

“not care about black people” - Kanye West.

Seems like black people do not care about black people. I mean, look at the rate in which they are killing their own role models. It's just not fair for the inner city kids .....

Believe me when I say no famous (or even semi-famous) white entertainer’s murder would go unsolved. Mel Gibson’s murder would not be an open investigation for 10 years.

You may have already made the counterpoint.

You could not find one white entertainer who has been gunned down.
You had to make that scenario up.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
If someone did know who shot Biggie, do you think the odds are more in favor that those who know the truth are black, or white?

Did you read the whole thread???

We don't have to hypothesize. We already know. They're blue.

So, for the THIRD time in this thread, I will post an excerpt from, and a link to, an ATS thread about the murders of Tupac and Biggie. Please, educate yourselves.

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
On Biggie
According to Russell Poole, the former LAPD detective investigating Biggie's death, all roads lead to Suge Knight or, more accurately, a sect of Bloods associated with Knight.

After months of investigating and substantial amounts of evidence, Poole accused an LAPD officer, David Mack, along with his friend Amir Muhammad, of being complicit in the murder. Poole had proof that Mack had ties with the CEO of Death Row Records, Suge Knight....Poole sent this information to the chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, Benard Parks, who ordered Poole to stop all investigation on Mack as Mack had been arrested for bank robbery in December 1997 and was on his way to prison.

So, Suge Knight appears again, this time with a connection to the LAPD, David Mack. Mack, obviously corrupt, also seems to have friends in high places. Look at how the police chief protects him from being implicated in Biggie's murder.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'am a young Black male, I have Been called a Thug a Gangsta andeven a N**ger. For many reason, the way i dress, the music i listen too, the way i talk, the way i look, and the way i speak my mind.I speak whatever is on my mind. Dont you know Tupac Shakur was beaten by the police just because he was j-walking. He was charged for sexaul assualt when he was set up by a government informant.Even as he garnered fame as a rapper and actor, Shakur gained notoriety for his conflicts with the law. On October of 1991 he filed a $10 million lawsuit against the Oakland Police Department, alleging they brutally beat him over a jaywalking incident. The suit was later settled for $42,000.[20][21]

In October 1993, in Atlanta, Shakur shot two off-duty police officers (one in the leg, one in the buttocks) who were harassing a black motorist. Charges against Shakur were dismissed when it was discovered that both officers were intoxicated and were in possession of stolen weapons from an evidence locker during the incident.[22]

Rap..... I hate when people criticizing rap, isnt there rock or whatever music talking about killing and weird stuff. Tupac may have been a thug, but he was one of the Greatest Poets ever, He doesnt always talk about killing and doing crime. Changes
The song addresses issues close to Shakur's realm of influence, notably racism, police brutality, drugs and gang violence. It is often noted as one of the deepest and most heartfelt songs in Tupac's vast list of poetic works.

He also Has a Song named Brenda's got a baby. The song explores the issue of teen pregnancy and its effect on the young mothers and their families. Like many of Shakur's songs, "Brenda's Got a Baby" draws from the plight of the impoverished. Using Brenda as a metaphor for young mothers everywhere, Tupac criticises the low level of support from the babies' father, the government, and society in general.

Also Keep Ya Head,It addresses issues concerning lack of respect toward the female gender, especially poor black women. It has a very positive message, and is often used as an example of his softer side. Many consider it to be one of the deepest rap songs ever made and is often referenced by other artists in their work, building Tupac's pers

[edit on 1/15/2007 by Marvinwillis]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think Tupac put it the best way
Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less ugly mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

[Bridge w/ changing ad libs]
Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
aww yeah
[Repeat]

I see no changes all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
one better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
and only time we chill is when we kill each other
it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

[Bridge]

[Talking: ]
We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive.

And still I see no changes can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets & the war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs
so the police can bother me
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do
But now I'm back with the blacks givin' it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up,
crack you up and pimp smack you up
You gotta learn to hold ya own
they get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone
But tell the cops they can't touch this
I don't trust this when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool you say it ain't cool
my mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black I gotta stay strapped
& I never get to lay back
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs
some buck that I roughed up way back
comin' back after all these years
rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat that's the way it is uhh

[Bridge 'til fade]

Back to the top of this page!

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
I only read the first 3 pages of this thread so if someone has covered this already I apologize in advance.

Spawwn, while you have a point about perhaps noone caring to look into their murders, I don't think you are looking at this properly.

If they had a huge crackdown on the drug trafficking and gangbanging and rounded all the people up, then you'd be hollering racism, because they were born into that culture... But its that very lifestyle that led to their murders, so to prevent further murders shouldn't they crack down on gangbangers? Shouldn't everyone stop buying the stuff that promotes violence and drug dealing? Of course not, casue I'm sure the whole war on drugs and such wouldn't actually help huh? Its a tool to further the racist agenda no?

The fact is black culture needs to look to people that break out of the drug dealing and gangbanging as their heroes... Tupac was a thug and doesn't deserve to be idolized. In fact its truly sad that anyone would aspire to be a former drugdealer, turned rapper. For God's sake these are your children... make them look up to Edward Temple of TSU fame...A wonderful man and close friend of my family. Make the rappers look like exactly what they are...a rolemodel of how NOT to be.

I may be a little racist, but with reason. Its a fact that crime is higher in the poor black communities, that drugs are more prevailant and that violence has become a way of life to many of the black youth today. Its up to the black fathers to change the way their children are growing up. Because ultimately that is who every child no matter their color should look up to, their mother and father...Stop blaming and start leading.

Just 2 cents... and I might feel different tomorrow =)

How can Blacks Break out of Drug dealing when there soo much Poverty in the ghettos, the main source of drug Dealing. Most Young black males who begin selling drugs Grew up dirt poor.There parents couldn't provide for them soo they thought selling drugs will get out of the poverty.Also most gangs were started to help blacks stay protected and make money. when a Young black male is walking down the street, like me. Why do people stare and try to avoid us. What people see on tv isnt how all blacks are.
We have Been abused,our image is ruined. I have been in stores where the store keepr or clerk will follow me around the store like i'am going to steal something. I'm Not racist, im just dissapointed that i have to live a life where i am not treated like any other young male.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join