It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix Lights Case - In Depth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is very suspicious that the supposed "flying triangle" event has no credible photographic or video evidence to back it up. Maybe these people saw something more mundane at 8PM?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

True, or maybe they did actually see something, and the flare exercise was a diversion to cover it up? Who knows. That's the neat thing about this event. Even though the 10pm event is pretty much solved for many, the 8pm event is definitely real, just a matter of what they saw then. The lack of photo and video evidence for that event is disheartening.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I feel it is more likely a combination of untrained observers seeing the jet formation

So I guess were calling policemen, pilots, government employes and the Governer of Arizona who was a pilot in the airforce untrained observers?
Source (skip to 17:40)
Right.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello,

I came across this site, www.lightsoverphoenix.org... but couldn't find any reference to it or it's contents on an ATS search. It looks to be a plug for a movie but I can't find any info other than the site itself. Does anyone have any info on the petition or this Dustin Miller character? Does anyone know what is contained in the footage?

If it is just a plug for a movie and they are gathering peoples contact info for marketing purposes rather than an actual FOIA petition, I have a big problem with that. Can anyone shed some light before I ramp up my investigation?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would go with a movie promotion for the site lightsoverphoenix.com .

The site originally had a "true story" in the same style as the current page about a priest and a mysterious box that was found. That story was actually a promo for an upcoming science fiction movie. Relevant ATS threads here and here .

Looks to be more of the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grantjennings

Thanks for the necromancy on this thread, hehe...but yeah, that site looks to be hype for the rather lackluster movie based loosely (very loosely, as in Maury Povich guest testing 15 men for her baby's daddy loosely) on the event.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
It is very suspicious that the supposed "flying triangle" event has no credible photographic or video evidence to back it up. Maybe these people saw something more mundane at 8PM?

You're wrong, there is a video of the "triangle" but what it shows does not support anythinkg like it's claimed. The night video shows lights in a triangular pattern but the pattern is not a real triangle and you can tell that it is simply aircraft flying in formation as the lights can be seen "breaking" the formation as normal aircraft would do and the speed of the "triangle" is about as normal as regular aircraft.

No mystery there and the claims do not hold up. But leave it to some humans who want to believer real bad. That's too bad because what they thought they saw was really mundane or manmade!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've been studying this event since March 10, 1997 when I first witnessed the lights. I saw them (and filmed them) again for the next three nights, with MUFON investigators primed and ready to film them, which they did at approximately 10:00 pm. I shot a Vee looking craft earlier that evening.

Information about this, recent triangulation findings (with a forum link to discuss these findings in detail) can be found at my site

www.oracleofthephoenix.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sbjazzman

And if you really want to give yourself a headache see www.oracleofthephoenix.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Bumping a well done thread

a shame that most links dont work,ats must do something.Gaz poured his soul into this only to get betrayed by deleted sites and links

So what was the first incident?

In my opinion the two are related.It is possible they picked the ufo on radar and afraid the people might see it scrabled jets to do the exercise

What happened to the soldier who got transfered to god knows where?in page 1

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well yea, it seems pretty obvious to me at least, that the flares were dropped in direct response to the sightings earlier. How many times before that, and since, have they dropped flares in that location in site of the city? The answer is 0 - they had never done it prior, nor since. Prior to the flares in Phoenix, there were calls including to the Air Force base, about the huge object and triangle people were seeing. There were witnesses who saw low flying jets flying in the direction the object had gone. The odds that they would drop a triangle shaped formation on the same night that the object was sighted? Yea.. pretty much nil imo - it was clearly dropped in response, to give a decent alibi. And it worked too - to this day, there are still people who post the flares over Phoenix, thinking it was the actual craft. Mission accomplished I think.

Also, I think that it wasn't the calls that drove the mission to drop the flares - I think they had their own knowledge of what was out there. At least radar, if not visuals with aircraft. They knew, and reacted. I am sort of doubting they would do this just because of the phone calls.

Finally, they follow it up with a wonderful little disinfo piece - the governor bringing his aide onto the stage in an alien costume to make the entire thing a joke.

To me at least, the military did more harm to themselves than good by dropping those flares. It made it obvious that they were aware, and were taking counter-measures. A huge case, and one that still amazes me - that is, that it doesn't get more attention. The sightings prior to the flares, the way they dropped the flares, sightings AFTER the flares - it all adds up to something huge. And people would rather focus on tiny dots in videos.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

i m not american but that incident,when i saw it,i got infuriated.Nice way to treat your parish

Way i see it fyffe didn't know how to deal with it,a hot potato in his hands.

Is there any chance the flares were dropped not to cover the first incident but to attract the ufo back assuming at that time it was in the vicinity somewhere?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I highly doubt that to be honest. If they were trying to communicate with them, I'd imagine they were doing it in much more advanced ways than dropping flares over Phoenix. And why would you drop them directly over a city? One would think you as the military, would want to draw it away from population centers.

From sightings and the flightpath it was taking, I imagine they thought it may well pass near or over Phoenix. The flares was a nice out for them if anyone did see it, in addition to causing confusion, which it certainly did.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is it possible that the first sighting -not the flares- was one of ours? What I am inclined to believe is that it was a large blimp like experimental thing...odd lighting on it producing some optical illusion of some sort...based on the location, flight path and testimony. I am also inclined to believe that there is some element of the mind "filling in" details.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Came across this old youtube video with a misleading title, however it has a great interview with former Arizona Governor Fife Symington who

He served in the United States Air Force during the Vietnam War, stationed at Luke Air Force Base in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Wiki

How can this guy misidentify flares dropped from planes as having been in the Air Force? Well maybe he is a disinformant agent or in the know, he has been friends with Bill Clinton since they were both 19. Symington had saved Bill Clinton's life and later returned the favor by pardoning Fife's 2 1/2 year prison sentence when he was convicted of fraud, which made Fife resign from office in 1996. Am I missing something here? Why was he at the press conference after the Phoenix Lights in 1997?

Other source

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Thank you! My favourite sighting, mostly due to the Symington press conference afterwards. Unfortunately most of your links are deleted. But great job.
for you

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I just love this case. Also awesome documentary here: I know what I saw
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: el cid

el cid,

My name is Mike Fortson. I was the one on Out of the Blue who said "you could land all 40 of our B2's on the wing of the massive V shaped craft". Thanks for remembering my quote.

I have been paying attention to this thread. It is very important to keep this mass sightings reports alive since so many of the main researchers are now dead.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Gazrok,

The best documentary so far released, IMHO. is Leslie Kean's, "UFO's Secret Access". She did a splendid job on the March 13, 1997 Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona.

My missives can be found at theufochronicles.com please read:

Mike Fortson's original report
The Non-Investigation of the Phoenix Lights Case
The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona March 13, 1997: 16 years of Retrospect

Thank you,

Mike

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Et Udio,

Thanks for reading my article and telling of Frank Warren's website, theufochronicles.com all my reports of the Phoenix Lights case are there.

I believe it's high time someone explores stories and reports that never made it to mainstream media.

Mike

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join