It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix Lights Case - In Depth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Gazrok... I wasn't trying to imply that the missing man formation was necessarily the explanation. A missing man formation after dark with no other ceremony doesn't really make sense, anyway. I was trying to get some "what if" clarification, as, if I am reading correctly, it is possible that the item in question could have been multiple items.

Thanks again.

Dan

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No problem, I was addressing Lear's comments, that's all, no criticism, simply stating what the military explanation was. If it had been a missing man formation, this would have been mentioned I'm sure, unless the pilots were just practicing, etc. (which is always a possibility I suppose).

el cid,

No, this wasn't the Dr's documentary of the same name. Was a 2006 one, I believe just done for the Travel Channel (which is part of the Discovery channels).

i recall there being eyewitness accounts on the UFO documentary Out of the Blue...the one that always sticks out to me is the one where the guy is saying that you could have landed 40 B-2's on the wing of the craft

I remember this, I actually came across a pic of this conception in my research. I'll have to look through my notes and post the pic for you. As I mentioned, I want to do a followup post where I basically go into the eyewitness accounts of the first event, it's just difficult to establish and confirm which sighting a witness is reporting.....

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this story might interest you Gazrok,

"The Phoenix Lights Investigative Faux Pas !"

Monday , January 29, 2007.....by Mike Fortson

frankwarren.blogspot.com...

(patience....,
the sites server takes 20+ seconds to load...even with a high speed connection)

the author addresses the 'problem' of the dozens/scores/hundreds
of witnesses, all over AZ & NV, having not been 'debriefed' or sought
out for their accounts of the daytime & late evening events & observations
of the large V-shape, chevron shape, UFO that slowly traversed the State.

the late night, controversial, string of 'lights', appearing in a 2 dimensional
frame which includes a city skyline in darkness & background mountain range.

just a heads up.....

[edit on 30-1-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I watched a movie based on the events of the Phoenix Lights the other day, called Night Sky. It was based around the hypnosis-induced recollections of a local farmer who's car had broken down when the lights came overhead.

According to what he recalled, he and several college students on a roadtrip in a Winebago were abducted and experimented on, resulting in the death of all of the students. The Winebago and students in question were never reported as missing and never found mind you, so it could have all been in this guy's head, but it was an interesting story.

Gotta love the fear stories popping out left and right to keep the population on their toes. It's all propaganda. If you get abducted, it's most likely going to be a US army doctor that's going to be pocking you, Not ETs.
Anyway, this would be way more productive if you sticked to the facts showed by the OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Is their a possibility that the passing Comet had any connection with the 'black triangle' sightings? I've just watched the guy describing the ship that passed above him that night, silent and around 5000 FT wide!!!, thats not just impossible to be flares but any of our current technology also.
It's my theory that these 'black craft' after allways there, flying around, but we just can't see them as they're usually in a different dimension, but as hailies comet passed-by maybe it's effected gravity on Earth in some way they're vissible for a short amount of time.

The OP's done a great job with the roundup of info and his summary, well done!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There is an article in the Jan-Feb issue of Nexxus magazine that speaks to this event. It was written by the famous/infamous Dr. Steven Greer he says the following,

I had flown into Phoenix on a US Airways flight, and as we were landing I began the CE-5 protocols. I went into an expanded state of consciousness and into space and began vectoring extraterrestrial vehicles into the Phoenix area.

So he is essentially saying that he hailed the Phoenix lights(spaceship) to gather information to add to their presentation to Congress that was coming up soon.
I have no idea how reliable his info is or Nexxus for that matter but the article is fascinating if any part is true. He also says that many of the sighting are manufactured by the government and that they are going to

fake an 'alien attack' so that the people of the world would be united around Big Brother and a global corporate-military junta.

All quotes come from page 59 of the 2007 Jan/Feb issue.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by polanksi]

[edit on 1-2-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As posted in a locked thread about this subject:

Unsolved Mysteries has a rather nice segment on the Phoenix Lights. The oddest thing though was when I played it for my parents. You see, at one time they lived in a small town outside of Ithaca New York called Newfield. (They no longer live there anymore since my dad is retired. He was temping in Ithaca.) It's a pretty remote area. Well, as they're watching the Unsolved Mysteries segment on the Phoenix lights, both my parents said the Phoenix lights looked just like a craft that buzzed the trailer they were paying rent on. I'm thinking of telling my parents to report that incident with Mufon.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Gazrok, this is an amazing thread on The Phoenix Lights phenomenon. Thank you sincerely for putting this all together.

I know this question was asked earlier in the thread. I may have missed the answer. Have there been any other videos that captured the 1st sighting, prior to the larger apparent/alleged "flares" sighting above the mountain range?

I reviewed Dr. Lynne's websitewww.thephoenixlights.net..., though I have not read her book yet, but it appears that she's presented some compelling photos which appear to be classic Black Triangles above the Phoenix area, pre-dated prior to the 3-13-97 event.

Has any corroborating evidence been gathered to bolster Dr. Lynne's photographic evidence? Any other photos or videos of the "apparent/alleged" flares sighting? Any other circumstantial evidence beyond testimony to support Dr. Lynne's position?

If additional evidence has been gathered to bolster Dr. Lynne's position, than it would tend to make me personally give some second thoughts to the flare explanation, which I've concluded is an extremely reasonable explanation to that event.

If there is/was indeed a black triangle flying above Arizona on that night, and if the black triangle was black-ops of one kind or another, then I would think flares would be a pretty good slight-of-hand distraction which would lead the publics' attention away from the real event that transpired that night. Such a slight of hand could be pulled off without the National Guard who dropped the flares, even knowing what their involvement was in the big picture.

Back to my question: Can anyone direct us to other specific links to videos and photos of black triangles or other UAP's which pre-date the otherwise well known 3-13-07 Phoenix Lights?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Post removed for the following reason:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, U2U, messaging programs, etc.). Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
sorry for bumping this thread but the lights of phoenix and the san diego sighting look the same to me. i wonder uf all these new sightings are the same ship or ships.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Could these lights that where in triangle formation possibly be a b-2 bomber? There is something definitely to hide their and coincidentally the b-2 was unveiled in 92'

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

doens't the control tower in phoenix have a radar? did they witness anything?? has anyone asked them??? I mean, if you're job is air traffic control, wouldn't you be the one to know exactly how big, how fast and which direction something is moving through the sky??

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This case drove me nuts when I first saw it. I was in the military for 6 years and have seen planes, usually A-10s drop flares zillions of times. In the mojave, they liked to bomb us with them on field excercises. As soon as I saw the coverage, I knew I was seeing flares. There are some screen pics from video I have NOT seen in the initial post of this thread, so I really can't comment on them specifically, but really, if this was a huge ufo, then why does the distance between lights change and shift "out of line"? They DRIFT. That's a large distance covered in the initial videos also, you wouldn't necessarily hear the jets. I remember being up in the mountains watching jets fly around without hearing them due to wind, distance, and surrounding noise.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Great info Gazrok. It's obvious to me now that I only saw the 10 pm coverage. Good stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
this is one of my favorite cases. thanks for such in depth efforts. even years after the post!

youve done your homework, stared!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Barn

I live in big river cali.about 8 miles from parker ariz. probably 2 hrs. or so north of phoenix. And I dont know if u guys have found out anything else about the possible cause of the lights but ive lived here for 6 yrs and ive seen those exact style lights probably 30 different times over the years.
My whole family and alot of my friends have seen them several times.The lights are kinda far and only last a few seconds apiece,they are always orange and never the same distance apart or in the same formation.It usually starts w/ 1 then follows this general pattern (but not so much lately)1-1-1-1-then when the fifth one appears,the first disapears and so on. The explanation they gave me WAS flares for supposed search and rescue training but ive had a few friends that are ex military look at them when they occoured and they agreed that they were not flares.Last night i seen them again but not like usual,this time there were 30 or so in a very strange pattern almost like a giant disc of sorts.Strange huh?
btw if people are still interested, or have a real explanation,or any questions go ahead and email me at : -SNIP-
or maybe ill keep tabs on this forum for a while and see if anyone replys
Thankz XViciousX

[mod edit to remove email address]

[edit on 11/7/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Before I joined this site I was pretty much a skeptic however I did have an unexplained incident in 1994 but I kind of wrote it off. Then many moons later I found this website and Ive loved it ever since and needless to say I am really really on the fence but then I rented The Phoenix Lights two days ago. I think Im on the other side of the fence now.

The witnesses were credible, They came from various backgounds and really have no reason to lie and the only people to deny ignorance was the Air Force(NATURALLY). My big question is what the heck is it with that particular area? and the thousands of people that saw the same exact thing, I do believe that only one person described something totally different and even a very high political official who originally balked at the sighting finally saw for himself and its hard to kid yourself after seeing what those Arizona residents saw. I only wish I could have saw it and to be totally honest, I cant wait to something..Oh the possibilities.......BlockBuster video has that movie to rent if you want to check it out.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have video of these lights as early as 1991. On vacation in Arizona. No one knew what they were, (Locals or us from Connecticut) and never heard about them again until just a few years ago. Now called Phoenix Lights. We video taped them with Pichao peak to our left, (in Tucson). Did any one see them in 1991 also?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Phoenix event is one of the most misunderstood and important sightings in recent history. Almost 100% of the Coast to Coast and "UFO nut" crowd believes that the second 10:00 pm sighting to be a UFO and not flares, even though most of the evidence points against that conclusion. It is good to see this one addressed again, especially regarding the earlier more exciting event involving a gigantic craft slowly moving across the night sky that night. A truly extraordinary sighting, witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people, including the Governor of the state! With all of the high quality evidence about the first earlier event, why does anyone bother with the latter Flares event?

The answer is twofold, first there is the eyewitnesses of the flares, (and the videographers), they saw something they could not (at first), explain, and were naturally excited at having been involved with a major event, they felt that they were part of a well documented and dramatic UFO encounter. Their reactions are understandable and even predictable.

The second factor contributing to the misinformation is the various news and documentary medias involved in reporting of the event. Without variance, any and all footage of the event show the second sighting of the flares as possible UFO(s) in the sky that night. Some even declare that the triangle shapes seen in the flare formations are proof of a craft. Producers of these shows know that a visual medium such as Television needs to have some sort of depiction of the Phoenix lights, and the video taken of the flares is relatively sharp and clear compared to the scratchy and grainy footage of the real craft seen earlier that night. That is the main reason that the myth has been reinforced over and over again.

I have a couple of YouTube videos that have some interesting takes on the situation, this first one from Nightline shows some interesting information.

This one shows The lights to be behind the mountains.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Video of first event!

These stills are from the only video I found of the first event (i.e. it takes place prior to the 10pm sightings). Unfortunately, this was from a documentary on the Travel Channel, that I cannot seem to find a reference to (and it has since deleted from my DVR). I believe it was simply called “The Phoenix Lights” and aired in Feb. of this year.

---- Has this video ever surfaced on YouTube or elsewhere? The first event really intrigues me, yet the video of it seems difficult to find.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by DetectiveFork]

[edit on 23-2-2010 by DetectiveFork]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join