It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reference To Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

yeah, that's one thing i find very comforting about islam, it loves scholars, knowledge, and science... unlike christianity, which has been confrontational to science and the expansion of human understanding and greatly inhibited the true progress of both for over 1500 years.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Whilst recognising, and supporting, an individuals right to believe in what they want to believe in, I reject anyone's rights to force their opinion upon me.
I find ALL organised religion repulsive.
My beliefs are just that, my beliefs and I keep them to myself.

So to the point, eventually;
Why is someone who is an avowed atheist so vociforous in your posts against Christianity yet so concilliatory in some your posts about Islam?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why is it that a Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman, but not the other way around?

I read it was because a Muslim must not put themselves in an inferior position to a person of another faith...

And why can a man have many wives but a woman not have many husbands?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Asalamualaikum Bodrul!

Are you a Sunni Muslim follower of (Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah)?

Do you believe in Hadiths,sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?

Do you believe in The Awliyâ'u-LLâhi (Saints) (friends of Allah) like Ghauth-Al-Azam Sayyidi wa Imami Shaykh-ul-AkbarAbu Muhammad Abdul Qadir Jilani (RadhuAllahuAnh)?

What School of thought do you follow? Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'I or Hanbali?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

i have been told i am Sunni
i come from a generation of Hafiz and mullahs from my late fathers side of the family, where many other hafizs have been taught by my late grandfather, (something very big to live up to)

i respect and try to follow Hadiths

dont know about schools of thoughts since i havent been taught that.

good to see a vocal muslim on this board

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to bodrul

How knowledgeable are you yourself?

Are you a hafiz or alim?

Do you sing naat sharif,qasida burda sharif and nasheeds in praise of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

nope hopefully, i am trying to memorize the quran
like those before me.

only just have CDs with the tracks or listen to them online

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

son, thanks for helping your Mother in promoting the Religion of Truth.

The time is getting close for the "GATHERING", Allah has seen the suffering of His people and is about to reveal His Spirit of Truth to men, blessed are they who will listen and believe before the "CLEAR PROOF" comes to them for they will become co-inheritors of the Paradise that Our Lord has promised and preserved for people who ward-off evil.

My message to all MUSLIMS. Unite in the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful. The promise of Allah is nigh, He is preparing your salvation, so keep your duty to Allah, purify your garments, race one with another with good works and most of all share the glad tidings to the world, whosoever will listen.

He it is who has sent forth His Apostle with the [task of spreading] guidance and the religion of truth, to the end that He may cause it to prevail over all [false] religion [50] -however hateful this may be to those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God.

Allahuakbar!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

for future refrence
dont refer me to as Son or you as a Mother, thanks in advance
now i take my leave from this topic

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic when Muslims claim their religion is a religion of peace..but when you poke fun at it, they threaten you with death.

:w:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Isn't it ironic when Muslims claim their religion is a religion of peace..but when you poke fun at it, they threaten you with death.

Who's they?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Who's they?

Ask Salman Rushdie. He will tell you. But " They " are the following:

On February 14, 1989, a fatwā requiring Rushdie's execution was proclaimed on Radio Tehran by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the spiritual leader of Iran at the time, calling the book "blasphemous against Islam" (chapter IV of the book depicts the character of an Imam in exile who returns to incite revolt from the people of his country with no regard for their safety). A bounty was offered for Rushdie's death, and he was thus forced to live under police protection for years afterward. On March 7, 1989, the United Kingdom and Iran broke diplomatic relations over the Rushdie controversy.

Even more interesting is that Rushdie himself is alive but:

Several people associated with translating or publishing the book were attacked, seriously injured, and even killed.[13] Many more people died in riots in Third World countries.

Heres a link to some death threats against a guy who wrote a book called " Prophet of Doom" and a supposed response:

***Imprtant Notice:
*This is a SERIOUS message proceeded from THE JEALOUS MUSLIM GROUP.
*You have only 6 days(from 4.jan to 10.jan 2005) to choose the first option or we will consider

you chosen the second option & then you just have to get ready for a kill at every moment...
*If you choose the first option you must send us an email to inform us about the details of

www.faithfreedom.org...

While demonizing Muslims, I feel it is only fair play to present perhaps some Christian death threats showing that both sides of the fence have blood on their hands, or at least intent to do so:

Recall Prophet Yaweh who claims to be able to summon UFOs in the name of Yaweh.

Ramone Watkins has had numerous death threats in years past since his UFO summoning, and Im guessing its by violent Christians and others.

The sword of Truth turns both ways, and the interesting thing about violence is it has a way of seeking out and ending the life of the perpetrator.

" He who lives by the sword shall die by the Sword"

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Thanks the whole point of my question was to change his sentance from something that did not appear to generalise. He said muslims, but of course most muslims do not do that, he forgot to specify who exactly, the extremists.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by HIFIGUY

Thanks the whole point of my question was to change his sentance from something that did not appear to generalise. He said muslims, but of course most muslims do not do that, he forgot to specify who exactly, the extremists.

Yeah, these kinds of comments really are silly. Who is concerned for the nominal or passive of any faith, or atheists/agnostics? Those in Islam who are a threat to the peace and stability of the world are those who are "extreme," meaning they really believe and follow what the Qu'ran says.

This thread was not one of understanding, but of advocacy. The thread was flagged with one of those green arrow icons, so it appears to newer ATS members as one of the "informative" threads on the board. That is really misleading.

The world recognizes a violent and threatening conquest movement, reagrdless of how some dude paints it as "misunderstanding." Most of the people claiming to be fair-minded are ignorant of the wake of destruction that Islam has caused for the past 1400 years. And I am sorry, but "Arabic numbers" (which aren't even Arabic) don't make up for that.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceDada
Most of the people claiming to be fair-minded are ignorant of the wake of destruction that Islam has caused for the past 1400 years. And I am sorry, but "Arabic numbers" (which aren't even Arabic) don't make up for that.

Inquisition?

Crusades, and the countless other conquests?

Its societies as a whole practicing misunderstanding, and not just the Muslims.

Jesus showed that even a society of devout people were actually practicing a form of iniquity and injustice amongst their own people and religious practices.

Peace

[edit on 23-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Inquisition? Crusades, and the countless other conquests?

The Crusades and the Inquisition were Roman Catholic escapades. Many Orthodox Christians were murdered. The European armies under the Pope sacked Byzantium, and it fell to the Turks under Islam.

So don't lecture me about the Crusades, or use it as a counter-argument as if it justifies Islamic hostility. The world didn't like Roman Catholic conquests either, and they have ceased, but the Islamic conquests haven't. Try to sanitize jihad all you want, making it into something that means "personal struggle" and all PC BS. The term still very much applies to war and conquest, and no talking around that to try and shift the focus will make it any different.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceDada
The Crusades and the Inquisition were Roman Catholic escapades. Many Orthodox Christians were murdered. The European armies under the Pope sacked Byzantium, and it fell to the Turks under Islam.

So don't lecture me about the Crusades, or use it as a counter-argument as if it justifies Islamic hostility.

Exactly my point. It was in reference to a statement inferring that it was only the muslims.

Remember prophet Yahweh? Take a look at some of the death threats aimed at him.

Peace

[edit on 24-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Who's they?

You REALLY have to ask who ? lol

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If you really want to learn the absolute truth about islam, I'd suggest you learn to read and speak Arabic first, then read the Qu'ran in it's original writing and not some English translation. All these translations you see on these website are not 100% accurate, and this is reason why people get the wrong image of Islam.

God bless!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armin
If you really want to learn the absolute truth about islam, I'd suggest you learn to read and speak Arabic first, then read the Qu'ran in it's original writing and not some English translation...

If you can't translate your book into English, then it isn't worth reading, just like "prophets" who need special glasses to read their books. It is garbage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join