It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reference To Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Armin

People get the 'wrong' image of Islam because Islamic terrorists frequently kill innocent people, because the majority of Muslims refuse to take any actions against these terrorists and refuse to accept any responsibility for them, because Muslims take offence at the slightest 'injustice' or 'insult' offered to them or their religion, because they are determined to enforce their beliefs on everyone else.

Need I continue?

[edit on 5/11/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In the name of Allah.

Peace be unto you.

Dear reader,

I'm not a Muslim, but I wanted to add this to the thread.

I learned about Islam from a source that is *very* misrepresented in the media of this world. He has been called anti-semetic, anti-White, anti-Jewish, and anti-gay and I know him after listening to him for myself to be none of these things. I recommend very much to all that you should hear him for yourself.

I'm talking about the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan and you can now hear the live weekly webcast of the Nation of Islam every Sunday at 10AM Central Time at URL: www.noi.org... . I recommend to all to visit if you can.

Peace be unto you.

Anonymous

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Would it be improper to post some of the more bigoted,sociopathic quotes from the Qu'ran to afford this thread a more balanced,informed view....
or does everyone just want to cherrypick the nice bits and pretend they don't exist?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Excellent posts, thanks for creating a place to inform and enlighten.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Would it be improper to post some of the more bigoted,sociopathic quotes from the Qu'ran to afford this thread a more balanced,informed view....
or does everyone just want to cherrypick the nice bits and pretend they don't exist?

Koran 5:33
The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land

Koran 8:37
In order that Allah may seperate the impure from the pure, Put All the impure ones (Non-Muslim), one on top of the another in a Heap and cast them into Hell. They will be the ones to have lost

Koran 2:8-10
In their (Non-Muslims) hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease and grievous is the penalty they will incur, because they are false.

Koran 2:39
Those who reject faith (Islam) and belie our signs, They shall be Companions of the Fire and abide in it.

Koran 2:89-90
The Curse of Allah is on those without faith (in Islam) Thus have they drawn wrath upon wrath on themselves and humiliating is the punishment of those who reject faith (Islam)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank yo for reminding us about the darker side of religions. I think all of them have some parts that we all should believe we (as a race) have grown beyond. As our knowledge improves and increases so should our religious beliefs. It is the danger that those who cannot grow spiritually beyond what is obviously counter to the truth of the world will keep these old ideas and give them power for selfish means. No one knows the mind of God so no religion is true. To propose you know the mind of God is to say you are God and that is the ultimate arrogance and sin. The enlightened or wise of any religious belief should be able to recognise man's imperfection in its sacred texts. Those imperfections should be put away as no longer needed or heeded. Sadly, this does not occur as readily as we all may like. Back to the original idea on this thread is to inform about Islam, not point out its possible flaws and demean it. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. No one can claim that so no stones should be thrown. However, we all do need to keep these imperfections at mind so they keep their proper place. Sermon over, I promise.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Do not be misled by the sugar coating of Islam. Plain and simple Islam denies the Father and the Son. End of story. Its dangerious and once you get into it and try to get out of it or leave it your either marked for death or have to go into hiding. Many people will be misled by this. I laid low for a while and did research and discovered that the end Babylon is not Rome but Mecca. And Mecca is the Islamic Capital. Read the Restoration sciptures. Which is surrounded by 7 mountains. Rome has 7 hills. I want to confirm that to be sure. Based on the foot notes that I read in Relelation chapter 18. Why do you thinks the muslims hate the Jews so much? Its really silly that this feud has been going on for so long.

Oh and I'm studing on becoming a Messiononic Jew. I'm going back to the Hebrew roots.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Leyla]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
.Plain and simple Islam denies the Father and the Son.

Even though Islam recognises the same Christian God and Jesus Christ, the second most important prophet in Islam. In fact, Christianity violates the 10 Commandments by worshipping Jesus (thou shalt not worship idols) and Islam condemns depictions of the prophets.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Some interesting reading on inferior kuffars (derogative term for non-beleivers)

The Koran defines the kafir and says that the kafir is:

Hated- 40:35 They who dispute the signs of Allah [kafirs] without authority having reached them are greatly hated by Allah and the believers. So Allah seals up every arrogant, disdainful heart. and despised by Allah.

Mocked- 83:34 On that day the faithful will mock the kafirs, while they sit on bridal couches and watch them. Should not the kafirs be paid back for what they did?

Punished- 25:77 Say to the kafirs: My Lord does not care for you or your prayers. You have rejected the truth, so sooner or later, a punishment will come.

Beheaded- 47:4 When you encounter the kafirs on the battlefield, cut off their heads until you have thor-oughly defeated them and then take the prisoners and tie them up firmly.

Confused- 6:25 Some among them listen to you [Mohammed], but We have cast veils over their [kafirs] hearts and a heaviness to their ears so that they cannot understand our signs [the Koran].

Plotted against- 86:15 They plot and scheme against you [Mohammed], and I plot and scheme against them. Therefore, deal calmly with the kafirs and leave them alone for a while.

Terrorized- 8:12 Then your Lord spoke to His angels and said, "I will be with you. Give strength to the believers. I will send terror into the kafirs' hearts, cut off their heads and even the tips of their fin-gers!"

Annihilated- 6:45 So the kafirs were annihilated. All praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Killed- 4:91 If they do not keep away from you or offer you peace or withdraw their hostilities, then seize them and kill them wherever they are. We give you complete authority over them.

Crucified- 5:33 The only reward for those who war against Allah and His messengers and strive to com-mit mischief on the earth is that they will be slain or crucified, have their alternate hands and feet cut off, or be banished from the land. This will be their disgrace in this world, and a great torment shall be theirs in the next except those who repent before you overpower them. Know that Allah is forgiving and merciful.

Made war on- 9:29 Make war on those who have received the Scriptures [Jews and Christians] but do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day. They do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden. The Christians and Jews do not follow the religion of truth until they submit and pay the poll tax [jizya], and they are humiliated.

A Muslim is not the friend of a kafir- 3:28 Believers should not take kafirs as friends in preference to other believers. Those who do this will have none of Allah's protection and will only have themselves as guards. Allah warns you to fear Him for all will return to Him.

A kafir is ignorant- 6:111 Even if We had sent down the angels to them [kafirs], the dead had spoken to them, and We had gathered all things before their eyes, they would not believe unless Allah had willed it, but most of them are ignorant.

Evil- 23:97 And say: Oh my Lord! I seek refuge with You from the suggestions of the evil ones [kafirs]. And I seek refuge with you, my Lord, from their presence.

Disgraced- 37:18 Tell them, "Yes! And you [kafirs] will be disgraced." a partner of Satan 25:55 And still they worship others besides Allah who can neither help nor hurt them. The kafir is Satan's ally against Allah. Unclean- 9:28 Oh, believers, only the kafirs are unclean.

Cursed- 33:60 They [kafirs] will be cursed, and wherever they are found, they will be seized and mur-dered. It was Allah's same practice with those who came before them, and you will find no change in Allah's ways.

www.politicalislam.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Dawah is wonderful

Islam means submission to Gods will. The Noble Qur'an means "the recitation."

Islam has 4 compartments
- The word of God in the Qur'an
- The word of the prophet Muhammad the Hadiths
- The word of the Historians
- The Arabian Nights/Poems around the camp fire

The Hadiths are narrations originating from the words and deeds of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. The Sahih al-Bukhari being the most authentic of the six collections of the Hadith collections. It includes around includes 7275 hadiths. Most people quoting hadiths from online sources are quoting what is commonly referred to as weak hadiths! But they enjoy them because it appears to support their negative view of islam.

The Noble Qur'an Sura 5:The Table, Verse:32
Because of this did We ordain unto the children of Israel that if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind. And, indeed, there came unto them Our apostles with all evidence of the truth: yet, behold, notwithstanding all this, many of them go on committing all manner of excesses on earth.

The Noble Qur'an Sura 2:The Family of 'Imran, Verse,7
He it is who has bestowed upon thee from on high this divine writ, containing messages that are clear in and by themselves - and these are the essence of the divine writ - as well as others that are allegorical. Now those whose hearts are given to swerving from the truth go after that part of the divine writ which has been expressed in allegory, seeking out [what is bound to create] confusion, and seeking [to arrive at] its final meaning [in an arbitrary manner]; but none save God knows its final meaning. Hence, those who are deeply rooted in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole [of the divine writ] is from our Sustainer - albeit none takes this to heart save those who are endowed with insight.

The Exoteric meaning is the foundation without this you can't even stand. There is a Esoteric meaning as well to be seen, felt & heard but not without the complete foundation first.

The Qur'an is a Fountain of knowledge. God gave mankind a never ending universe. SUch expansive space for man to live with in Gods Kingdom.

Qur'an Project - Online Qur'an

Need a Free Qur'an - it's very nice
Miracles of the Qur'an

Mathematical Miracles of the Qur'an
The words "paradise" and "hell" are each repeated 77 times. in the Qur'an
The number of times the words "Summer-hot" and "winter-cold" are repeated is the same: 5. in the Qur'an
And many many more. Alhamdulillah

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Project2501]

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Project2501]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I noticed both of my edits did not fix my quote of the interpretations of the Noble Qur'an. As I was checking back on my Posts! So I must fix it with a further post.

The Noble Qur'an Sura 2:The Family of 'Imran, Verse,7
He it is who has bestowed upon thee from on high this divine writ, containing messages that are clear in and by themselves - and these are the essence of the divine writ - as well as others that are allegorical. Now those whose hearts are given to swerving from the truth go after that part of the divine writ which has been expressed in allegory, seeking out [what is bound to create] confusion, and seeking [to arrive at] its final meaning [in an arbitrary manner]; but none save God knows its final meaning. Hence, those who are deeply rooted in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole [of the divine writ] is from our Sustainer - albeit none takes this to heart save those who are endowed with insight.

Should read as The Noble Qur'an Sura 3:The Family of 'Imran, Verse,7

The Noble Qur'an Sura 3:The Family of 'Imran, Verse,7

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project2501
I noticed both of my edits did not fix my quote of the interpretations of the Noble Qur'an. As I was checking back on my Posts! So I must fix it with a further post.

You can't preview your edits. Your preview of the edit looks ok but your original message has reverted back to what it was, therefore your edit is lost.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
beautiful. Someone needs to do this will all the misconceptions out there. It might be useful to put a link to answers to common misconceptions/lies about Islam. Good job.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
To OP, I appreciate your effort to make this info available to ATS. I understand your good intention. Your information is well documented but in my honest opinion you are presenting them in a manner for scholarly studies. That's fine with me. However, some might lost due to the sheer amount of info provided by your links. I believe some of this interested readers only want a quick Q & A interactive session rather than reading the entire books for hours. It's sadden me that you simply point them to your links and expect them to find the answers on their own.

Looking at the date created and the amount of replies you get, I can see the interest to follow up your thread has been diminishing rapidly. I guess you're unable to maintain this discussion for long due to real life commitment? If so, then it's sadden me even more. Perhaps one day if you return, I suggest you could start posting by inviting this readers for brief Q & A section. Real Time interactive and less pointing links, expecting people to find for themselves. Perhaps then you might generate more effective awareness among many ATS-ers. Else hours of your material here will be like an old dusty library longing for readers. Just like many Islamic websites out there. You know majority of non muslim will rather read propaganda sites than true Islam websites. Thus defeating the purpose of this thread.

This is just my honest opinion. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
1. Allowed me to point that your link, Introduction to Islam return 'page cannot be found.'

2. You do not explain the importance of using Hadith and History in accordance to interpreting Al-Quran thus allowing yourself to be be attacked by poor translations quoted by anti muslim websites.

3. You do not make any disclaimer that every statements you provided require further analysis and may subjected to error. By not doing so, you have closed the door for your opinion to be reviewed, corrected and defended by others thus allowing your words to be misquoted.

4. I suggest you review your OP, allow for Q & A session and avoid making any statement which you deem uncertain.

Thanks.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Islam is the worst religion imaginable. Why? Well its very simple.
-Its no secret they have a desire to exterminate the Jews.
-Their clergy teaches under which condition its okay to beat their women.
-Allah not only commands men to do this but instructs them HOW to beat their women.
-Homosexuals should be stoned to death with no punishment
-To take over the world (its seriously the goal stated in the Quran)
-To impose Islam on everybody and anybody that should disagree with this ideology should be murdered, and speaking out alone against the religion one can be guaranteed to be threatened with their life.

Terrorists are terrorists, yes. But these are the people that REALLY expose the world to this insane religion. If not for the shield of religion to hide behind Islam would be banned in the civilized world as a political ideology of hate. Islam despises everything the free world stands for. It rejects every western value and look at what happens any time this religion (or any religion for that matter) attains any true power. The only result is oppression.

Religion of peace, yeah right.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is considered a good source:

The sealed nectar ( Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum )
www.alghurabaa.org...

A complete and authoritative book on the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw) by Shaykh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri. This is a widely read biography and it won 1st Prize in a competition set by World Muslim League. From the author, 'Beyond a shadow of doubt, the biography of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) manifestedly represents an exhaustive embodiment of the sublime Divine Message that he communicated in order to deliver the human race from the swamp of darkness and polytheism to the paradise of light and monotheism. An image, authentic as well as comprehensive, of this Message is therefore only attainable through careful study and profound analysis of both backgrounds and issues of such a biography.'

edit on 8-12-2010 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Islam is the worst religion imaginable. Why? Well its very simple.
-Its no secret they have a desire to exterminate the Jews.
-Their clergy teaches under which condition its okay to beat their women.
-Allah not only commands men to do this but instructs them HOW to beat their women.
-Homosexuals should be stoned to death with no punishment
-To take over the world (its seriously the goal stated in the Quran)
-To impose Islam on everybody and anybody that should disagree with this ideology should be murdered, and speaking out alone against the religion one can be guaranteed to be threatened with their life.

Terrorists are terrorists, yes. But these are the people that REALLY expose the world to this insane religion. If not for the shield of religion to hide behind Islam would be banned in the civilized world as a political ideology of hate. Islam despises everything the free world stands for. It rejects every western value and look at what happens any time this religion (or any religion for that matter) attains any true power. The only result is oppression.

Religion of peace, yeah right.

Good day angry young man.

- "Extreminate the jews"? Really? All I know is we (muslims) shall not make the jews as our leader, nor befriending to them. Where exactly is this "kill all the jews" phrase in the Quran?

-"Their clergy teaches them which is the BEST way beat women" (I rephrase your sentence)
Now isn't that BEAUTIFUL? It says that you CAN beat your wife, but in order to do so, you must follow a specific way. You can't just simply press a red hot iron to her face, that is blatantly wrong and inhuman!!.
Now an argument arise, -We should never raise our hand to women!!
- Well, don't lie to me that you wont be angry if your hypothetical wife called you "a freeloading bitch" or, "son of a whore", or "incompetent bastard",
or any other heavy insults. You WILL be angry, (if you're not, then hats off, your'e the best human in the world, if not a coward)
Somewhere, somehow, in the life as married couple, your wife will make you angry, and if that happen,
and if you can't control your temper, if you're out of words,
then you can beat her at the places that were allowed to be beaten. (I think that would be at her feet)
- To me that is just BEAUTIFUL. Not too rough, not too soft, just fine. there is reason for all of this. THINK.

Dude, I'm too sleepy and I can't understand the some of your argument.
But there you go, that is my perspective on your argument.

Thanks, have a good one.

edit on 23-12-2010 by natgar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I just want to add a simple rule of thumb, if whenever you heard a Muslim terrorist terrorizing anywhere..

"Real Muslims cannot and will not kill any civilian, a child, or an innocent women (and even trees) to achieve his goals"
- So if anyone commit the offence, then he is not a good muslim, and thus not the bearer of he real light of Islam.
as simple as that.

so if you see a muslim blowing himself up in a crowd of people, know that he/she is not a GOOD muslim.
(he is might have a twisted leader who brainwashed him to the point of blowing himself for a cause)

so if you see a group of muslims beheading a journalist in front of the camera, they MIGHT BE a good muslim,
(because that journalist might be a spy of something)

so if you see ... well thats about it.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join