It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Ha ha yes Accrington Stanley-Southampton, massive game! Are you forgetting the 2006 final where Arsenal were 20 minutes away from being crowned champions? And their recent triumph over AC? They seem to have buried their champions league ghost, as their type of possesion football is perfect for the champs league.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Fact number one - they didn't win it, 20 mins away might as well be 20,000, and you could quite easily say the same about us in 2007 final.
Difference is, we won it in 2005 - for the fifth time which means we keep it.

AC have been a team in decline for a couple of years now - beating INTER was a much better result considering their position in the italian league and their home record at the time.

Arsenal can't get away with bullying the ref in europe, nor can man U or chelski which is why they ultimately flatter to decieve - I'm hopefull of an english win at least, if we don't win it.

But for the three games coming up - I think arsenal have been riding their luck a little since christmas/new year, hopefully this will catch up with them and we'll get the result.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes but what i'm saying is they have plenty enough experience now as do Liverpool...I reckon they(Arsenal) have turned a corner, Van Persies return could be vital and how Walcott is used will also be important. If Torres gets isolated Liverpool will have little chance of scoring and Arsenal could begin to dominate Pool with their better passing game. But we shall see, Liverpool have proven that Anfield is the toughest place to win in the Champions league.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
'. Liverpool on the other hand constantly are complaining about everything. The only things that sets them apart from Blackburn,Porstmouth, Everton in the Premier league is Torres and Gerrard...The rest of the team are considerably average. You need to start spending your money more wisely.:bash:

You really don't know much bout football do you mate?

The rest of the team is average, come on you must be on a wind up, you must be a keen angler cos you certainly cast your net out then.

Okay I'll bite,

so you think the likes of Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher,Daniel Agger, Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso are considerably average? Give up while you're behind mate.

That sentence ' the only thing that sets them apart from blackburn..."
is one of the most laughable things I've read on any forum in sometime.

So where would the mancs be without Ronaldo this season or Arsenal without Fabregas perhaps? Think before you type.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

If Torres gets isolated Liverpool will have little chance of scoring and Arsenal could begin to dominate Pool with their better passing game. But we shall see, Liverpool have proven that Anfield is the toughest place to win in the Champions league.

Thats where Crouch comes into play (literally).

Don't be suprised if he makes an appearance.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

The mancs would have Tevez, Rooney, Carrick, Anderson, Nani and their solid solid defence......Arsenal would have Flamini, Adebayor, Walcott, Hleb.....All these players form a much better team than Liverpool...clearly as the table shows. Man utd beat you 3 nil Arsenal completley outplayed you at Anfield where you were extremly lucky to get a draw.....Liverpool are average i am afraid your 4th posistion confirms it. Good cup team. Buy some decent midfielders and you could be up there challenging again.

And to say i know nothing about football is the kind of childish rant i expect from 'some' Liverpool fans. Agger-Vidic Mascherano-Flamini Renia-Cech Carregher-Carvalleo, Ferdinand, Terry, Gallas....The list is endless in how the top 3's players are supieror to yours.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

True but Crouch has not been anywhere near a regular this season so his form could be suspect. I think if you go with the Gerrard off Torres in Highbury it wont work as Flamini will be employed to stiffle any link up, this is he is world-class at. Arenals defence is suspect, i would go 2 up front and go for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

decent midfielders!
now I know this is either a wind up or you know nothing about footy

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
[a wind up or you know nothing about footy

I agree Bud.

Lest our friend is unaware

Gerrad, Mascherano, Alosno, Leiva, Kewell, Benayoun, Pennant, Riise, Aurelio & Babel

Not good midfielders? He must be WUM

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ok i'll be more specific. Gerrard=World class and would get into any of the top 3 teams, Mascherano= A good work horse and passer, but would not get into Utds team where they have Hargreaves, Arsenal's where they have Flamini and Chelseas where they have Essien..All supieror players with more to their game. Alonso in my opionion has faded from the player he was 2 years ago. Pennant!!?
:lol Kewell?!!
, when is the last time he played and finished a whole game? Babel looks like a good prospect...Benayoun should of stayed where he was at West Ham where he looked a better player in an even more average team.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Gerrard = world class, yep, the only one you got right
Masch = argentine international - how many bad players do the argies pick
lucas = brazil U21 captain and a full international as well - see above
alonso = spanish international now getting back to his best after injuries and run of bad form - one of the best passers in europe and widely acknowledged as such. If he's so bad why are barca and real on the hunt for him?
Babel = dutch international and contender for young player of the year, despite a limited number of starts (he's on the list)
peanut = squad player - still better than darren fletcher
kewell = when fit one of the deadliest wingers in european footy. He played in 2005 despite not being fit because AC were terrified of him so similar to giggs and rosicky.
benny onion = established international who scores regularly as an impact player
riise = better in midfield than as a left back with the most ferocious shot in the premier.

And that's before we look at the host of young players between 17 & 20 bought by benitez who are nearly ready to start pushing for the 1st team, as well as the youth team who are enjoying good success over the last couple of seasons.

Jeez - you really have no idea, do you?
I notice your claim that arsenals result against AC, which I refuted hasn't come up again.
Keep them coming, I'll keep shooting them down.

Hargreaves = one trick pony who can only do the simple things
Flamini = slightly above average player made to look better by fabregas and hleb
essien = don't make me laugh - a thug, pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Just like to say I enjoyed your last post...

Also I was chatting to a Hungarian folk dancer in a bar the other night (I'm deadly serious!) and he reckons that Nemeth and Simon are the best footballers to come out of Hungry since the 60's... He really knew his footy. His English wasn't great, but the girly dancers with him more than made up for it, they were

MonKey

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Yep, they've both been doing really well in the reserves.
They were originally going to train with the youth team until they "found their feet" but such was the level they played at they went straight to melwood for training.
A rare compliment for such young newcomers.

They are targetted at being in the first team by 20 - but I think we may see a bit of them next season in the carling cup, and maybe even in a few pre-season games.

Outstanding prospects.

Rafa has only been picking up these youngsters for about 3 years - wengers had 10 years at it, and much of arsenals success is down to their youth policy.

Glad to say we also have a few home grown players as well.
Guthrie has had a good season on loan at bolton, and hoobs will be a sensation if he continues to develop at the expected rate.

It's all good.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes Kewell did play and got subbed sharpish because of injury...And the part you talk on him as one of Europe's deadliest winger was true, when he played for Leeds! I notice u mentioned you have won the Europena cup 5 times, a classic Liverpool fan trick Ain't won the league in a while though have ya? :LOL: :LOL:

And on the Arsenal beating AC and the fact i haven't bought it up again, what has that got to do with you shooting it down? Becasue u disagreed with me you shot it down? Arguing isn't going on about the same point.

The funny thing is is i support the place i'm from, Southampton( Your more than welcome to take the piss about thatclwndnc::clwndnc
, and have little interest in how well Liverpool do, just love to wind you fans up it's so easy. How many times have you won the european cup again?: One of us will have to eat a slice of humble pie after the Arenal results.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh, you're not winding anyone up - just showing your ignorance about football, which is not surprising coming from a saints fan.

And as many members have pointed out - this game could go either way.
As long as we play well and give it our all, I'll be happy.

Inter Milan - beaten home and away.
That's right - the best team in Italy soundly beaten.

AC Milan - arsenal fluked a win against one of the oldest sides in the world, apart from the carlsberg pub team. And I suspect that they would give that AC team a run for their money.

BTW - just so you know, winding people up and looking for a reaction is considered to be trollish behaviour. Trollish behaviour is against the T&C.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's just about enough out of you Padington Bear!

Calm down and have a nice marmalade sanger.

Getting a bit school yard now boys aren't we?

MonKey

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by budski

Yes Kewell did play and got subbed sharpish because of injury...And the part you talk on him as one of Europe's deadliest winger was true, when he played for Leeds! I notice u mentioned you have won the Europena cup 5 times, a classic Liverpool fan trick Ain't won the league in a while though have ya? :LOL: :LOL:

And on the Arsenal beating AC and the fact i haven't bought it up again, what has that got to do with you shooting it down? Becasue u disagreed with me you shot it down? Arguing isn't going on about the same point.

The funny thing is is i support the place i'm from, Southampton( Your more than welcome to take the piss about thatclwndnc::clwndnc
, and have little interest in how well Liverpool do, just love to wind you fans up it's so easy. How many times have you won the european cup again?: One of us will have to eat a slice of humble pie after the Arenal results.

It' clear you're on a wind up mate, why else would you come to a LFC thread to spout such rubbish.

And I don't think you're in any place to make smart arse comments about
our success. Show some respect and you might get a more reasonable answer.

Oh and by the way try using the spell checker next time!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
arsenal were screwed when eduardo got his leg broken in 1/2

arsenal are full of whiners and crybabies, and i hope gerrard elbows someone in the head as he scores a header tomorrow

arsenal are #ed in the league and europe, and there is a big problem with their captain william gallas, who was a crybaby at chelsea when he demanded his move to arsenal

i am praying tonight for a gerrard goal and elbow combo

i really hope liverpool puts arsenals season to rest, and i think we all know it's gonna happen, liverpool is a different team in europe, but they are playing an english team so....maybe rafa will have his rotation policy in effect (that's a joke, liverpool could even catch arsenal in the league, 6 games to go and all arsenal need to do is drop 8 points)

[edit on 1-4-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why are you getting so angry for? this is my opinion about your team....Come back at me with some good points rather than blowing a fuse
. Why should i show some respect to Liverpool more than any other team? Yes you have won the Champions league recently, and won it 4 times before that blah blah blah, no one cares. If you just got on with it like your neighbours Everton instead of blowing your own trumpet, football fans would have a lot more respect for you.

The game tommorow will no doubt be a cracker which i'm sure we can all enjoy. Ha ha i liked the comment about Saints fans...What in particular do you mean by that, if you could just expand on that comment?

Oh i didn't use spell checker i'm ever so sorry about that, didn't think Liverpool fans could read so didn't think it would make a difference
that is a joke by the way....Oh and just so im sure where are all you Liverpool fans from?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The game tommorow will no doubt be a cracker which i'm sure we can all enjoy. Ha ha i liked the comment about Saints fans...What in particular do you mean by that, if you could just expand on that comment?

Oh i didn't use spell checker i'm ever so sorry about that, didn't think Liverpool fans could read so didn't think it would make a difference
that is a joke by the way....Oh and just so im sure where are all you Liverpool fans from?

I'm going to presume you aimed this reply at me and yes you should use the spellchecker as a legible post makes for much easier reading for everyone.

Okay, where to start, first off I'm not angry at all mate, I've seen your kind enough times to know what to expect.

Come back at you with some good points? Good points about what?
It's not a debate, you are posting rubbish in the hope that you'll get a few bites on your line and wind up a few Liverpool fans, this is an open forum, there's nothing to stop you starting a new thread or even a Saints thread seeing as that's who you follow.
Where did I state you should show any more respect to us than any other?
Expand on what comment, you were the one who started stating facts, your club is on the virge of bening relegated to league one, I actually empathise with your supporters because I do not think Soton are a bad side and I hope they manage to stay up, it's not that long ago they were in the top flight.

And what do you mean by 'if we just got on with it', why did you see an open top parade going through the city recently celebrating our 2005 or 2006 trophies or something? We get on with it on the pitch and hopefully we will do the business tonight at the Emirates but if we don't at least we will have a chance to make amends at Anfield, it's going to be very close and we are as optimistic as Gunners fans are.

Oh and joke or not, your cheap comment at the end about not thinking Liverpool fans could read on was pretty pathetic and disrespectful.
I'll leave it at that. And why is any fan's whereabouts important to you?
I am only one person, if you want everyone to post their place of birth that might take a while.
If I'm from Liverpool would that upset you or something, or were you simply lining up a 'gloryhunters' remark for those circumstances?

Cop yourself on, like a good lad.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by pmexplorer]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join