It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Liverpool v Arsenal.....

Manu v Roma

Chelsea v Fenerbache

Schalke 04 v Barcelona

Well I am suprised, and I would have lost my bet.

The team I wanted least was Arsenal.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think your point is still valid nef - we know uefa really don't like liverpool, especially blatter, so we now have to get past arsenal and probably chelsea.
They really don't want to see us in the final again

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Big big game this sunday. Eeek!

We're in sterling form at the moment, so lets hope we keep it up.

Torres FTW!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Bud, why do you think UEFA are against Liverpool specifically?

I honestly think UEFA are anti-English full stop.
Blatter in particular shows a complete dislike of all things English and never misses an opportunity to rant against English football, English football clubs and English administrators.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Mostly because of the way he speaks with more than usual disdain for us because of past problems - they all do it, but more so with liverpool.

Anyway - got my brother - the man ure fan coming doen for the match on sunday.

2-0 to us.
Torres and G to score and our defense to stop man u getting a flukey last minute goal.
Oh, and the ref to actually not be so biassed in fergie's favour.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Its going to be an interesting few weeks.

If we beat Man U, Arsenal and Everton, the whole top of the table could be looking really different. 11 Points off the top as it stands at the moment - we could actually narrow that down to 5, and in the process potentially put Everton out of the 4th place race.

Sad thing is we'd be doing Chelsea a favour. I would love to see us go to within 5 points of the top though. We do that and its a proper four horse race seeing who blinks first. We'd still be rank outsiders, but what an end to the season that would be - United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been blowing hot and cold on occasions, so nothing is impossible. Unlikley, but not impossible.

I think Rafa has targetted the CL again though - that series of three games against Arsenal is going to be fascinating.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Bad weekend for Liverpool.
The Mascharena sending off allowed Man U to dominate the rest of the match.
Liverpool were always in contention up to that point.

Mascharena was an arse to get involved in the Torres booking but the booking was a shocking decision.

The inconsistent reffing decisions are helping to mar the Premiership.
How Ashley Cole stayed on the pitch mid-week and has escaped further punishment is beyond me.
His actions were appalling and his explanation that he is "passionate" is ridiculous.
He is the embodiment of the petulent, self-centred, arrogant, half brained tossers football players have become.

The difference in the treatment of the 2 players emphasises th pro London stance that is evident.
London clubs appear to get preferential treatment from the F.A.

I can't see Fergie letting Man U blow this lead even though they still have Arsenal & Chelsea to play.

Benitez's future may well hang on the trio of Arsenal games.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Bad weekend for Liverpool.
The Mascharena sending off allowed Man U to dominate the rest of the match.
Liverpool were always in contention up to that point.

Yep. If Cole stayed on then Mascha should have really.

Thing is, Mascha got sent off because of Ashley Cole, and he should have known that narking at the ref was going to get him in trouble. Not very professional

Reina had a shocker. He's been great all season up to that. Stevie G was quiet and Carra seemed off the pace as well - just one of those days really. Hurts to lose to Man U but its happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
aye, Liverpool were pretty much trash on sunday. We tend to bottle it against the mancs. The big guys just appear to disappear.

Babel did alright though. I don't think Benitez is going anywhere. If DIC do take over, then maybe they'll change something. But I doubt Hicks could afford to offload Rafa.

And that's cool. He shouldn't be going anywhere. One more season. If he can't challenge next year, adios. Unless he gets ol' big ears again!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Personally, I think bennett won it for man u - tackles that liverpool players were being booked and pulled for were being let go when united did the same.

It seems the bias is FOR the top 3 - we all know as well how much fergie moans about refs when decisions don't go his way, and sometimes it seems that refs are running scared of him. How he didn't get hauled up in front of the FA (along with querez) when they called a ref a cheat the other week is amazing.

Ronaldo doesn't get booked for diving AGAIN and torres gets kicked from pillar to post - scans on legs and RIBS after the match, and he wasn't being fouled?
Give me a break.

The ref was awful, but monster was silly.
That said, scholes had a couple of awful tackles and wasn't even spoken to so I can understand his frustration.

Yes Reina had a shocker, but he also made some great saves - we 're behind the top 3, but not by that much, and I firmly believe we have a better coach/manager who has shown he is a great tactician in europe - now he has to bring that into the prem.

Nothing much new on the buyout saga, but this is a good read.

Hopefully we can bounce back from this and consolidate 4th place by beating the toffees on sunday.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Torres!

Excellent 1st half, not so good second. Roll on wednesday!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Liverpool 1 That small club from Kirkby 0

Professional performance from the lads, bit subdued second half
but we controlled the game, Stevie deserved a goal.

Martin Skrtel was my MOTM, followed closely by Sami who
is surely deserved of that new contract.

Roll on the Emirates and a return for Masch.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Joy of all joys...

I have to work at the house of a toffee lover this arvo... usually wear a nice button down shirt, but just today I'm going all in RED!!

MOnKey

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Was really hoping Everton would beat the 'owners' of football. They have had a great season and i love their attitude...They just get on with playing football, not looking for controversey or constantly beratin referees or anyone else who they feel may have done them 'wrong'. Liverpool on the other hand constantly are complaining about everything. The only things that sets them apart from Blackburn,Porstmouth, Everton in the Premier league is Torres and Gerrard...The rest of the team are considerably average. You need to start spending your money more wisely.:bash:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I thought Everton were surprisingly poor and never really offered any threat at all.
Moyes has done a good job there but I think the difference in class told.

It is going to take something remarkable for anyone to realistically challenge any of the top 4 for the foreseeable future.

I really fancy Liverpool's chances in Europe against Arsenal over two legs.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Although Liverpool have obviously been impressive in europe over the last few years i think Arsenal will have too much for them as was shown at Anfield earlier this season when Arsenal completley outplayed them. And after the comeback against Bolton that has kept Arsenal in the title race they will be well up for it. My prediction ist leg Arsenal 1-0 Second leg Arsenal 2-1.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I really fancy Liverpool's chances in Europe against Arsenal over two legs.

I wish I shared your optimism.

We need to beat them three times in a row mentally and physically, because we are only 5 points above Everton, and we're playing Aresnal in the league inbetween the Champs League ties. Its not realistic to expect us to go to the Emirates and have them not score.

All we can do is sit back and wait

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I predict that Arsenal will win by the odd goal at home and Liverpool will win 2-0 or 3-1 in the return.
Aresnal will win the Premiership game 2 or 3 nil.

Arsenal maybe confident after the comaback against Bolton, but Bolton are not a very good side by at all and Arsenal have not been playing anywhere near as well as they were earlier in the season.

Rafa's tactical nous will guide Liverpool through to the Semi's.

[edit on 31/3/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Either way Bolton were 2 up and Arsenal down to 10 men and was a great comeback in anyones book's. Well we will have to wait and see unfortuanately i will be working for the 1st leg. I wish my team Southampton could ever be involved in a game as big as this again...all we have to hope for is a trip to Elland road if they don't get promoted!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

You think that's bad, my local team have away days to Accrington Stanley and Rochdale etc.

Never mind, we may get to play the chimp chokers again next year but it looks like we are trying our best to blow it!
Just had a thought, we may even get to play Southampton.

Back on thread;
Liverpool appear to be more suited to European football, Arsenal have consistently under-achieved.

Going to get a couple of tinnies and watch the first leg at home with my feet up, unless the trouble starts rattling on and talking nonsense to me about football, :shk: , may have to go to the pub then.

Edit: my spelling is atrocious!

[edit on 31/3/08 by Freeborn]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join