It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Alas no beer, but I'm ready for the big match in every other way that counts.

I'd be happy with 1-1

Delighted with 1-2

expecting 1-0 or 2-1

Fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
gerrard = legend

i told a friend of mine "arsenal players shouldn't be celebrating that goal, they've basically just let gerrard loose"

sure enough, the guy beats 2 defenders (nice moves too lol) and gets the ball to kuyt and it's 1-1 shortly after arsenal scored

liverpool are in the drivers seat now with the away goal, i think if you asked any liverpool fan would you take a 1-1 draw at the emirates before the game, they would have said yes because you'd have to be one hell of a team to beat liverpool at anfield in a big CL game

van persie is a spaz too lol

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Arsenal players arguing amongst themselves after the goal.

Love the petulance - let's have more of it - that'll win us the game

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We rode our luck at times.

I thought Bendtner was superb for us at the back

The penalty shout, well if Hleb hadn't made such a meal of it
in front of the referee perhaps it would have been given but if it was Torres at the other end we'd probably be roaring for it too I'm sure.

Thought the ref was decent overall.

Expect a good few changes on Sunday, Crouchy is surely due a start.

Rafa will be delighted with the draw, it will be a tough game next week,
the Gunners have a lot of quality but with Anfield bouncing I think
we can get the job done.

Will be a tense few days but that's what footballs all about.

Well in Redmen! It's only half time but great to get the away goal.

Well done Dirk Kuyt, my MOTM, ran his heart out yet again and got whatn could be a crucial goal.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by pmexplorer]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure how much to read into that second half - we allowed them the ball and invited them to play in front of us.
Half time orders? 8 men behind the ball?

I think arsenal may be in for a shock at anfield next week - if it can intimidate chelsea's experienced side, it can unsettle a young arsenal side.

We shall see.

Great result, and hopefully now we can push on and go through.

I'm still giggling a bit at the chelsea result, but fully expect them to go through, but you never know...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I'm not sure how much to read into that second half - we allowed them the ball and invited them to play in front of us.
Half time orders? 8 men behind the ball?

I think arsenal may be in for a shock at anfield next week - if it can intimidate chelsea's experienced side, it can unsettle a young arsenal side.

We shall see.

Great result, and hopefully now we can push on and go through.

I'm still giggling a bit at the chelsea result, but fully expect them to go through, but you never know...

That was some strike by Deivid. I think Chelsea will win the home leg 2-0 and go through but will be cheering on Fener.

I wouldn't worry about our 2nd half display mate, that was a typical Euro away perfomance for us, grab a goal and then park the bus, as I said we rode our luck at times but on the whole we worked hard as a team and Rafa had them worked out well enough. Overall Reina wasn't worked as much as I'm sure the gunners fans expected him to be.

Anfield will be rocking on Tuesday and I will be there singing my heart out,
should be a great occasion, hopefully we will go at them and get a lead and hopefully we can see them off.

Will be tense but that's what the european cup is all about.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
chelsea are losing the big games under grant, he will get sacked, arsenal and their poor attitude and mentality (especially when they are losing and then lose) are going to be shaken at the start before the match begins when anfield roars you'll never walk alone

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well now.

I predicted the return of Crouch, and there he is, on the scoresheet.

What I didn't predict was the debut of Damien Plessis. In fact, to be perfectly honest I remember the signing last year but had totally forgotten about the guy.

Kudos to Rafa. Not many managers would put a totally untested player into the first team on a trip to the Emirates and leave them on for the full 90 minutes.

It seems like he had a good debut too. I wonder if we'll see more of him?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'd imagine so nef - he looks like a good 'un

technically good, strong and quick and skillfull

pepe needs some confidence - he's starting to look like dracula

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Arsenal: Almunia, Justin Hoyte (Adebayor 57), Gallas, Toure, Traore (Clichy 72), Eboue, Fabregas, Silva, Flamini (Hleb 81), Bendtner, Walcott.
Subs Not Used: Lehmann, Song Billong.

Liverpool: Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Plessis, Pennant (Gerrard 66), Benayoun (Voronin 75), Lucas, Riise, Crouch (Torres 80).
Subs Not Used: Itandje, Hyypia.

liverpools 2nd string really...

the pressure is really on arsenal

anyone here know what tickets are going for? and anyone here going to the game?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher

anyone here know what tickets are going for? and anyone here going to the game?

I'm going the game and the match is sold out. Ticket prices are same
as normal euro home games, more on the official site.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

Another excellent piece by Paul Tomkins here

I know he tends to wear rose coloured (red?) specs, but I like his upbeat view compared to the majority of the press who treat reporting on liverpool as a blood sport.

I really hope we can do it tomorrow night - indeed I'm reasonably confidant (or as much as I can be against arsenal) that we can get the result.

I'll also be cheering for fenerbahce, but I think that chelsea will go through.

Meanwhile, fabregas has been having a moan about our style of play:

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has slammed the style of football played by Liverpool ahead of the second-leg of their Champions League quarterfinal.

"We want to play football and attack," said the Spaniard. "Just because the other team refuse to play, we don't have to do the same thing. We want to stick to our football and that is what we will do.

"It will be difficult because they defend very well. Even at home all they will want to do is defend and catch us on the break."

Fabregas expects to be shadowed again by Javier Mascherano, who missed yesterday's draw between the teams because of a ban.

"Mascherano is amazing," said the Arsenal star. "I could feel his breath on my neck all the time. Liverpool know we like to play through the middle and so they have two holding midfield players."

source
If he actually said this (tribalfootbal aren't the most reliable source) I think he's lost it a bit.
Number one, we've been playing 4-2-3-1 for quite a while - nothing to do with arsenal, as we don't change JUST for them.
Is he really getting upset because we don't allow them to play the way they want? Strange indeed - it's called tactics in the real world...
And remind me, which club was the first to reach 100 goals this season?
Hardly an indication of an uber defensive side.

So, here's fingers crossed for tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well I'm nervous as hell!

But anyway, we're on ITV so lets play the Clive Tyldsley game!

I reckon there will be less than 15 minutes gone in the game before the ITV commentator mentions Manchester United.

Anyone want to guess differently?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

He'll mention rotation in the first 5

No bet on the Man ure 15 minutes

Delighted to see crouch playing in a 4 4 2 - especially after the problems he caused them on saturday

Tonight I'm having a beer while I watch the match

Otherwise I don't think my nerves could take it

First half done
WOW
what a great game!

They are starting to look a bit leggy - or am I just being over-optimistic

Match done - bring on chelsea

And now I think I have to lie down for a while, in a dark room with a cold compress

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

When Arsenal equalized I thought that was it.

I had to leave the room when Gerrard took the penalty. Only came back in when the crowd roared.

El Ninio's goal was astounding, and Babels finish at the end was pure class.

My heart needs a rest now.

What can you say about that other than

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Bring on Chelsea - it'll be another tough game, but I fancy our chances against them, even with the 2nd leg away.

I can only praise masch, crouch and skrtel sooooo much

Carra was great at right back and torres gave them a lot to worry about as well as the goal.

It's just a shame that pepe seems so nervy - the first goal was a little soft and his distribution wasn't great.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
wow

According to reports, Hicks has asked rick parry to resign.

Parry has refused.

Read the report here

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I heard that on Talksport earlier and its an interesting story.

Personally, I don't like the club having its dirty laundry aired in public. I wish they would sort it out quietly.

Still, watch this space - as "they" say. There will be more twists and turns in this one.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I agree 100%

Unfortunately that appears NOT to be the hicks way.

As you say, the next few months should be interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I agree 100%

Unfortunately that appears NOT to be the hicks way.

As you say, the next few months should be interesting.

Hicks is scheduled to do an interview on Sly Sports on Wednesday.
This is obviously going to provide the platform he needs to spout his anti Parry agenda.

Despite Parry and Moores' pleas to keep this quarrel behind closed doors i.e the Liverpool way but this vermin obviously is intent on upsetting the applecart as much as possible

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join