It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Last season we had maybe 3 consistent players, in Pepe, Masch, Lucas and arguably, Kuyt - but considering our 2 best players had form and fitness problems all season, and we had no money to strengthen squad depth, the season we had wasn't surprising.

Funny thing today, they quoted Torres's agent in the mirror and some other papers as saying he might leave, then the agent went on TV to say he had said no such thing lol

He said from day 1 he would never go to another english club, but that one day he would like to return to Spain, or maybe try Italy.

I think we've got him for at least one more season, but really not that confident about gerrard staying, and I think masch is as good as gone.

Pretty sure bent would cost over the odds just because he's english - we could get Turan for less.

When we were linked with a move for Silva, the owners pulled the plug on it after it was all set up to go.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by budski]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I know man... I worry about gerry and yes, masch is a goner for sure. Yeah Turan looks pretty handy, as does Jovanovic.... we'll see I guess.

Still talks of van Der Vaart too...

Would be nice to get Joe Cole although I think he prefers to stay in London right?

Well.... we'll see once the World cup is over, I'm pretty nervous about losing players man, Hopefully we can replace them.

I wouldn't mind Stephen Ireland actually.... for the midfield role, quite like him.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel, from what Broughton said in the press conf last week.

First round of bids coming in next week or so, and maybe new owners before the start of the season.

I know some fans put Broughton in the same bracket as purslow and h&g, but really he's not - he's put his rep on the line here, and will not want to fail.
For that reason alone, I think he's being straight - plus he 's employed by BarCap who were brought in by RBS, so he has nothing to do with the 2 robbers.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by budski]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I like Broughton too... he seems pretty straight and he seems like he wants the best for everyone involved at the club, particularly the fans.
And yeah, I saw that he said he expects a deal to be done before the end of the Transfer season.

Let's hope so eh?

[edit on 6/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If it happens, it depends who is buying, but I would imagine there would be a fair amount of investment in the squad - this was one of the criteria for a buyer to be approved, along with the new stadium.

Let's hope we can keep the spine of our team until that happens.

I'm not too bothered about masch, as there are players around who can do a defensive job, and play the ball out better than masch.

Playing 442 (if hodge does that) will mean our DM needs to be able to knock the ball around as well - and there's a fair few who can do that for a LOT less than we should get for masch...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Scotty Parker.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Not a chance.

Too old, too slow, needs too much time on the ball, and gets booked too much.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, Roy Hodgsen has spoken to Gerrard and Torres and is saying they are both staying, but interestingly can't seem to get hold of Mascherano....I'd say he's on his way out then....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Liverpool are on the verge of signing French striker Loic Remy on a five-year contract for a fee of around £12.5 million [€15m], Goal.com UK understands.

The 23-year-old is expected to travel to Merseyside tomorrow to undergo a medical before joining Roy Hodgson's squad at its training camp in Switzerland, according to sources at Remy's club, Nice.

Remy had been tempted by offers from Tottenham and West Ham, whose directors, David Sullivan and Karen Brady, flew to the south of France in an attempt to negotiate a deal, but it was Liverpool's history that tipped the balance and a deal has agreed in principle.

"Liverpool is a legendary club," Remy told Nice Matin today. "I am very excited by the thought of playing there. It has a magnificent stadium and a fantastic public." - www.liverpoolfc.tv...

Could be a decent signing this one, 25 goals in 66 games isn't a bad return considering he was playing in a mid-table team. Also, quite a few clubs were after his signature so there must be something about him.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
From BBC:

Liverpool sign free agent Joe Cole on four-year deal
Breaking news

Liverpool have completed the signing of midfielder Joe Cole on a four-year deal following his release by Chelsea.

More to follow.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yeah It's confirmed....

What a fantastic Coup.

I think He'll do well for us, I'm really pleased with this signing, here's to many more to come.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If he manages to stay injury free, and his attitude changes when he doesn't get his own way, he should be a good signing.

But that's a couple of pretty big "ifs"

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

True.... but we have many "If's" at the club.

If Torres can stay fit for any length of time...and wants to stay

If Gerrard can look and play as if he wants to stay at the club.

If we get rid of Masch, can we replace him with someone of similar quality?

If we can genuinely challenge for something this season or will it be another trophyless season.... last thing we won was the FA cup in 06... :shk:

Let's hope so eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad45c1e26458.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yaaaaayyy

I'm seriously chuffed.... one of the most talented, technically gifted English players around, and he's now a Mighty Red
and he cost us fook all.... well, actually a lot in wages but no transfer fee.

I thought he'd go to Spurs for sure.... But we got him.

Awesome.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Liverpool FC is a great team that still retains its glory and passion for the game.

Too many teams have swapped passion for money these days.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Joe Cole is a committed individual whose frustrations lay with the limited opportunities he had at Chelsea over the last couple of years or so.

It is a positive sign for Liverpool and I have no doubt he will be a big asset to the club if he can stay clear of injuries.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e708106eb31.jpg[/atsimg]

Riera arriving at Olympiakos. Bonkers.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08dfef923e9a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Been following this since it first broke on monday.

I'm pretty sure that the syrian bid is a stalling tactic by gillet, as is the supposed rhone group bid.

CIC, the sovereign fund allegedly behind the bid sold shares to the value of 350 million in chase morgan, and supposedly have made other assets liquid as well.

The sovereign fund is now worth a reported £300 billion, more or less.

In other good news, the judge at hicks bancruptcy hearing has said that creditors can go after all hicks other assets - this shouldn't affect our sale, except that any money hicks makes will be grabbed by his creditors.

Gillett is feeling the pinch as well, and according to several sources, has been on the verge of bancruptcy for over a year, which is one of the reasons he sold the montreal canadiens.

getting these 2 leaches out of the club, and watching them go bancrupt in the process gives me a great deal of pleasure.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join