It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers Vs Pistons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
How come nobody gives the east any credit?

because it's been a few years since they have demanded it with thier play. And because the West has just been dominate lately. I mean, the east had what, 4 teams make the playoffs who didn't even have a winning record? The west had about 4 teams who didn's make it, but had a winning record. The better teams are jsut in the west, it would be nice to see some parity between the conferences...

Ben

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
But the east still has quaility teams and nobody gives them any credit, they went through a long haul in the playoffs and everybody just counts them out. They ahve quality players and they have an experienced coach that counts for something doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Poor coaching and poor team work kept Shaq and company from winning the title in the Magic days. Having another 7 foot superstar to for him to keep up was crucial for the Rockets to win. The Pistons are lacking in the middle talent wise but they got 3 7footish players thats 18 fouls to to use on the big fella.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by jrod]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just dont' see the Pistons pulling it off. The Lakers have 2 answers for everything that Detroit throws at them.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
game one is sunday looks like that is going to be the start of something good to me....i think that the Pistons are gonig to come out and grab game 1.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Game 1

86 - 80 For the Pistons. They will get the lead and shut down the Lakers during the final minutes when they try to close the gap. That's my perdiction

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i think that the game is going to be in the 70's the t wolves were able to hold the lakers to 71 points and the pistons are a far better defensive team.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't know guys, that's a lot to ask for. Who's got the home court advantage in this thing? The Lakers. I think that could be the difference here.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Take the poll, see where it is now -

poll

Currently, the Lakers in 5 is the most popular choice, and Pistons in 5 the least popular.

Ben

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I just saw that on sportscenter that Rick Hamilition and Kobe Byarnt played agaisnt each other in the High School State Championships, and kobe won that battle.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Huh, I never knew that. Was that in the Philly area then?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lakers series to lose. One thing about them though, is they lose focus when they don't really need a game (ie. Game 2 at Minnesota). That's why I don't see a sweep. I'd go with Lakers in 6. Lakers in 5 could happen though.

Tayshaun Prince defending Kobe could be interesting.

I'd like to see Mehmet Okur get some playing time at Center. He's Detroit's only Center that can hit the outside shot. He could pull Shaq away from the basket and you could use him to run pick and rolls at Shaq. And defensively. They'll probably double-team Shaq defensively if Okur gets on the floor.

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

I don't know guys, that's a lot to ask for. Who's got the home court advantage in this thing? The Lakers. I think that could be the difference here.

Home court doesn't matter. Both these teams have proven they can win on the road in the playoffs and the Pistons have actually played better on the road in the playoffs this year than at home.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can't wait for the series to start.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

Can't wait for the series to start.

I can't wait for the series to start either.

Although I do go from not being very excited because I think the Lakers are going to roll to thinking maybe Detroit can make it interesting. I'm just happy Detroit got past Indiana because I do think the Pistons are the best team in the East and they have as much of a shot as Minnesota did against the Lakers to win this series.

Ben

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
what happened to darkio Milic

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
what happened to darkio Milic

Apparently Larry Brown doesn't like rookies.

Ben

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
its 43 to 41 Pistons starting the second half

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
64-58 Detroit after 3...interesting

Ben

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Detriot wins by 12 points.....solid defense and solid scoring when they needed it.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I don't see that as a problem for them, the Pistons will be nothing more that a speed bump as the Lake show steamrolls to another championship.

Gibbs, I do believe we have a series.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join