It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers Vs Pistons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well it looks so far like the Pistons forgot the loss the other night, they are up 11 with 4 minutes to go in the first half.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Detroit leads at the half, 39-32.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Kobe wasn't good in the first half, he has just one point and has two turnovers.

Rip Hamilton leads the Pistons with 14 at the half. Shaq has 12 for LA and Payton was held scoreless but had 5 assists.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Will be an interesting 2nd half. i wonder if Phil will sit malone?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's over.

Detroit dominates game 3, wins 88-68!

Billups was good!

Rip was better!

Mailman is banged up!

Game 4 is Sunday night in Detroit.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Pistons 88, Lakers 68!

Lakers held to their lowest point total in franchise history!

Pistons now lead the series 2 to 1. I think I'm actually a believer that Detroit can win this series now.

[Edited on 06/11/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've been telling the Lakers fans around here for a few months that if they made it past the Kings, they'd get swept by the Pistons. They should be up 3-0 right now, but as usual, the Lakers make another .4 like shot. First time the Lakers have ever been held under 70 points in a playoff game. They've played about 581 playoff games!
Also, the previous franchise low was 75.... which was the Lakers score in Game 1! People will here about this record-low and saw, damn... that team must have sucked. But then you see that the team that couldn't score ad Shaq, kobe, Malone, payton, Fisher, etc. I'm lookin forward to a 4-1 Pistons Championship! FEAR THE FRO

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That was an awesome defensive and offensive game for the Pistons. If they keep this up they will win for sure

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That was a great win by Detriot, but it's not thier series yet. The Lakers only have to win one game in Detriot to take control of the series, I'm not giving it to them until they earn it.

Ben

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
detriot is jsut dominating this series, the game 2 win by the lakers was luick i much say.

What kind of change do the lakers need ot make?

I would like to see gary payton goto the bench in place of fisher, who i think has more playoff experience and all. Payton is just not seeming into this eries.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

That was a great win by Detriot, but it's not thier series yet. The Lakers only have to win one game in Detriot to take control of the series, I'm not giving it to them until they earn it.

I agree with Gibbs. I think even if the Lakers lose Sunday to go down 3 games 1.

On Tuesday, all the pressure would be on the Pistons to close it out at home and all LA would need to do is win that one to get it back for the last 2 at LA.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Beneath the fallout from game three, there are some key facts to fall back on: Detroit has a 2-1 series lead. Games four and five will be played in Auburn Hills. If necessary, games six and seven will go down in LA. And the Mask of Hamilton shredded the Lakers for thirty-one points in game three...

It's true - the Phantom of the Finals is scarring the Laker legacy. Team Hollywood needs a face lift, a dagger for a cloak, an eye for an eye. Think Kareem. Think Worthy. Think Rambis. And more recently, think Horace Grant. What do they all have in common? They've all played for the Lakers, yes. True, they've all won gold in Tinseltown. But it's much more than that. When you look these men in the eyes, what do you see? I see championship vision. I see a spectacles of glory. Quite simply, I see goggles...

Just the thought of it makes me googly-eyed: Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, George, Fisher, Walton, Medvedenko, Rush, and even coach Jackson, all in goggles. The only element left to conquer would be fog itself. I'm not big on guarantees, but I'll guarantee this: matching goggles can save face for LA. Matching goggles can make the Lakers see eye-to-eye. Believe it or not - matching headgear can finally make the Lakers play with heart. It's funny because it's true...

[Edited on 04/10/03 by deanchristopher]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Im loving the series so far. The Lakers need the shake up, a hall of fame team that cant handle heavy D. Who wouldnt wanna see them loose, Go Pistons!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You heard it here first: Larry Brown has effectively guaranteed a Detroit loss in game four of the NBA Finals. During game three's post-game press conference, Brown candidly reasoned, "I don't think we can play any better than we did tonight." So Larry admits that his Pistons peaked in game three. When asked about Laker morale heading into game four, Brown added, "They'll be ready to play...we'll have to play our best game to win."

But according to coach Brown, Detroit can't play any better than they did in game three. And if they can't play any better than they did in game three' then they certainly can't play their best game in game four. And if they can't play their best game in game four' then they'll lose. Because they'll have to play their best to win. Which they can't. That is, according to coach Brown...

[Edited on 04/10/03 by deanchristopher]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They gotta keep the Lakers offense under control if they wanna win. I am extremly impressed by the Pistons so far, they are playing like champions.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by jrod]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice catch there, Dean. So what would you ask Larry if they do win game 4?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Look for the Lakers to win tonight, and force the seies back to LA.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Pistons win !!!

Detroit goes up 3 games to 1, LA needs a miracle.

One more game in Detroit, do the Pistons win it front of their home fans or does the series go back to LA for game 6???

Shaq had 36 points and 20 rebounds but it wasn't enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals to actually win the whole thing.

If one team is going to do it and can do it, it's the 2004 Lakers.

Don't count out the Lakers just yet because believe it or not all the pressure is now on the Pistons, not the Lakers, to close out a championship series.

The Lakers didn't need 2 or 3 wins in Detroit although it would've been nice. All they need is one win and if they get it on Tuesday the whole series is shifting to LA and the pressure is definetely on Detroit's shoulders.

Listen, the Pistons are going to be full of anxiety for Game 5 and as good a coach Larry Brown is, he's never been in this situation and neither has any player on Pistons but two.

In Game 5, the ball has to be in Shaq's hands. He needs to take 40 shots, literally.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA but it's easier to guard and double team a 6'6" player than it is to guard and double team a 7'1" 370 pounder.

Lanky ass slim Jim Prince is too long for Kobe. He is like 6'8" but he plays like he's 8 feet tall because is a skinny mother#er.

Kobe can't dominate in Detroit, only Shaq can and in LA it's KOBE TIME.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Game 5 means nothing. It doesn't matter who wins it. If the Lakers win then the Pistons have two more chances to finish the Lakers off. If the Lakers win it they don't have an advantage being at home. The Pistons have already shown that they can win in L.A. so it doesn't really matter and besides, why would you think that LA even has a chance in game 5. The Pistons are on a tear and even if they can't stop Shaq, they don't seem to have any really hard times with Kobe. One player is not enough to win a game against a talented defensive team like the Pistons, they can smell victory and they will go all out for the win tommorrow

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join