It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: GO EAGLES GO!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
c'mon all my fellow nestlings >> can i get a hell ya!?!??!

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am going to have to say it, i'm secretly rooting for the Eagles..

The are my second best team!

Go eagles!

And welcome to sportz!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ming certainly finds it easier to root for the Eagles without an active T.O. around. Gotta love McNabb - one of the roylaty of the NFL.

Question is, will their "vacation" from real play come back to haunt them?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I hope the Vikings send the Eagles home early for the 4th straight year. Granted McNabb is a great quarterback, but if the Vikings stack the line to key on Westbrook I cant see Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell beating anybody. I dont even think they are starters on other teams, they're atrocious. I live here and see every game, their receivers just plain suck. They have three TD's from a wide receiver not named TO this season. Pinkston is now known for short-arming passes to avoid being hit. This is a totally different offense without TO and I hope the Vikings are good enough to stop them. The Eagles D has been solid all year, but Culpepper brings alot of momentum into this game after a great performance at Lambeau. Go Vikings!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey tarabull, check out this thread, I think you'll like -

Blue Christmas

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ah crap, they've changed the cartoon...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ming has no problemo with the Vikes winning this game. Ming is a big Mike Tice supporter and Culpepper is a real pro. Randy Moss is another matter.

BTW, what's the word on Moss's ankle? Is he good to play today?

Ming still thinks that the Vikes will have a mountain to climb to take this one. Westbrook has been outstanding both as a RB as well as receiving passes. If Westbrook is not in check, the Vike will go down.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more with your last sentence Ming, and I'm hoping Tice and his staff know this and put a heavy key on Westbrook. I just dont think the Eagles receivers are good enough to do much downfield so Westbrook should be the key.

I think Moss should be fine to play, I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Dawkins knock some sense into him if that's even possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
PA, you are right on target today. The Eagles receiving corps without T.O. is entirely suspect. Pinky Pinkston looks afraid to take a hit and has a terrible case of the dropsies - who else they got?

If the Vikes can control Westbrook - game to Vikes.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
defensive battle so far...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So far it looks like Jimmie Johnson's defense is frustrating Culpepper. The Vikings should run the ball alot today with their plethara of running backs they have, and the Eagles weakness on defense has been stopping the run.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
So far it looks like Jimmie Johnson's defense is frustrating Culpepper. The Vikings should run the ball alot today with their plethara of running backs they have, and the Eagles weakness on defense has been stopping the run.

they must not think that they can take advantage of the weak run D, they're at 50% run/pass early...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
7-0 Eagles.

The Vikings watched Westbrook run and catch the ball right down the field, doesn't look like he's being keyed on. Beautiful pass by McNabb to Westbrook to get them to the 5 and then a nice pass for a TD to Freddie Mitchell.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah, the score was way too easy.

Smith should've caught that one...

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
14-0 gooooo Eagles...

:bounce:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Culpepper rumbles in for a TD, 14 -7 Eagles.

JR Reid had a nice kickoff return after the score, Eagles are already in Viking territory. It's Westbrook time.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Fumble to a TD...

Go F Mitchell its ya birthday!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What a crazy touchdown!?!?

LJ Smith takes a McNabb pass to the 5 where he's popped by Antoine Winfield, the ball squirts out in the air into the end zone and right into Freddie Mitchell's arms. Unbelievable. Just like Andy Reid drew it up.

21-7 Birds.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
yeah, an amazing grab, it'll go down in the annals of NFL history.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
And who said the Eagles wide recievers couldn't catch a ball...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join