It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem cell research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Here is another step in what I think is the right direction, stem cell research. Just need to get a few more of these older generation politicians out of the way. What do ya'll think?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Surely this will prolong the life of some politicians who should really step down!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That's good to see, hopefully more than a few member states go forward with it.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i think the terrormoose makes a right point, what do u people think about stem cell reserach..is it right to use unborn babys for this ? is it right to use garbage [unborn embryos that are thrown away anyway] to extract stem cells and let em grow to for instance a new liver wich we can use for transplantation ??
i think it is.....

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly refer to them as garbage lol. But yes, I think this is a brilliant step. This sort of thing can lead to the cure for any number of things. I am all for it. 100%.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
I wouldn't exactly refer to them as garbage lol. But yes, I think this is a brilliant step. This sort of thing can lead to the cure for any number of things. I am all for it. 100%.

indeed for insatnce alzheimer, they injected stem cells ticlked to be nerve cells in alzheimer patients and where able to restore parts of the brains function..the big problem is tickle em to inthe right direction..anybody has any ideas about how to tickle em in the right direction, i mean for instance, nerve cells, livers, heartz, ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sure it is, eventually they wont have to use unborn babies when enough research is done. I mean what else is the embryo gonna be used for? It is garbage... where do they put? The garbage...making it garbage.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Sure it is, eventually they wont have to use unborn babies when enough research is done. I mean what else is the embryo gonna be used for? It is garbage... where do they put? The garbage...making it garbage.

yepp if u throw stuff in the garbage bin its called garbage..why not use it, in a actually amazing way..i think this topic is kinda interresting, in the sence what do other people think about it...its kinda tricky i know, unborn babys, life....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think its wrong for companys and people to profit from murdered babies thrown in dumpsters.

I belive it is okay to fund and persue stem cell research.

I also belive it that fetal stem cell research is wrong and immorol.

It is possible to do this, not easy or cheap or lazy but possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
I think its wrong for companys and people to profit from murdered babies thrown in dumpsters.

I belive it is okay to fund and persue stem cell research.

I also belive it that fetal stem cell research is wrong and immorol.

It is possible to do this, not easy or cheap or lazy but possible.

why is it immoral and wrong if like for instance a women wants a baby but her husband cant mate with her for some reason so they decide to get a baby through IVF, they put like 3 embryos back because then the change is bigger that one will develop. They only want one kid though so the other two embryos are being removed and thrown in the garbage bin. These two embryos can better be used for a very usefull cause like stem cell research...i think its immoral and wrong not to use these opportunities and just throw em out the window.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Sure it is, eventually they wont have to use unborn babies when enough research is done.

actually thats already true, their using one method where the cells are extracted from your blood.

i'll say more tomorrow, gotta go sleep

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Sure it is, eventually they wont have to use unborn babies when enough research is done.

actually thats already true, their using one method where the cells are extracted from your blood.

i'll say more tomorrow, gotta go sleep

thats indeed possible, although hard cause there are only few in the blood, besides those seem not to be as potent as the onces from embryos..meaning potent in the abbility to diverse into other cell types.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I like the term being used by some people. "unborn baby" Why not fetus, embryo, or even better just plain garbage, because that is what it is in the end when restrictions are in place to prevent further research.

Jozuph makes a good point:
Quote:
thats indeed possible, although hard cause there are only few in the blood, besides those seem not to be as potent as the onces from embryos..meaning potent in the abbility to diverse into other cell types.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
the stem cells from the fetus are able to develop into any type of cell in the body, in the blood , that path has pretty much been set in to place.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bid Set to Revive UN Ban on Stem Cell Research

The drive for a broad cloning ban -- rather than a narrow ban on human cloning alone, which has virtually universal support at the United Nations -- has been led by the George W. Bush administration and Costa Rica.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Stem cell research is a wonderful, if not beautiful thing (although how you get them most of the time can be rather disturbing). I just hope the neocons or whoever belives this is wrong doesn't # it up for those who could really use the treatment it can provide.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It is absolutely, unequivocably RIGHT to put a lost life to a good purpose. The aborted embryos, the frozen fertilized embryos...will all be nothing but refuge if not put this good use.

Saner heads need to prevail here!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For the doubters out there, here are some of the benefits that stem cell research can provide. This topic goes beyond the issue of abortion and cloning.

hdlighthouse.org...

cseserv.engr.scu.edu...

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by mooseofterror]

top topics

join