It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOW you can help Dark Matter evolve - Problems?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If you guys are still having a problem viewing this text, I would think it is a cookie issue. I first came across this when I was working on my blog. Some updates would never take hold until I deleted my cookies.

If that does not work, maybe give a tool a go to flush out some temp files.

CCleaner should do the job.

well, i use firefox and have been having a few problems viewing some things on the site and also a few problems posting to or replying to some threads. i have cleared out my cookies using fasterfox and firefox's own settings, ive used adaware, spybot and ccleaner. ive logged out to kill cookies and logged back in again and have done the same after closing firefox and reopening it.

i even installed firefox 2 (which i hadn't planned on doing until its bugs had been fixed to my satisfaction with the extensions i use) just so that i could be certain that it wasn't firefox, and whilst the posting error did sort itself out after restarting my pc, i have 5 minutes ago had the same problem yet again when i created a new post and it didn't show up.

i still don't see the text under the tag button on light setting so i'm not sure what else i'm supposed to do. i don't have these problems with any other site that i visit

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i have 5 minutes ago had the same problem yet again when i created a new post and it didn't show up.

Well what does it say? You click Post Reply and the page reloads and nothing appears? Does it state a reason to why it failed?

i still don't see the text under the tag button on light setting so i'm not sure what else i'm supposed to do. i don't have these problems with any other site that i visit

I tried the Light setting and I too am seeing the same thing you see. So it is not a glitch on your end of things.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

i have 5 minutes ago had the same problem yet again when i created a new post and it didn't show up.

Well what does it say? You click Post Reply and the page reloads and nothing appears? Does it state a reason to why it failed?

it doesn't say anything. i created a new post, did all my typing, hit 'post new topic' and the new page shows everything EXCEPT what i typed and the box which would surround it. no error messages or anything. it doesn't show up on the recent posts list either.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i think i have tracked down one of the posting problems i have had (although it wouldn't be the same problem as when replying to a post). it is when i create a new thread.

the topic i created had the same title as another thread. i scanned through the page source code and spotted the error message but i don't see it on the page when i try to send the new thread. this is because i can't read the text unless i highlight the page - then i can see the error message.

oh btw - the message suggests you use the back button to change the title but when you do all your typing is lost anyway so thats a bit pointless. is there any way that what you just typed can be saved & just a new title inserted? i know many members have had lots of work vanish that way and though i usually use wordpad first for long posts, i don't use it when typing a short post and this is a really annoying feature when it happens

[edit on 29-12-2006 by justyc]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I tried the Light setting and I too am seeing the same thing you see. So it is not a glitch on your end of things.

Okay, I swear it wasn't like this before, but on the light setting I do see the problem now and I have underlined it in red below. I'm sure we'll get to fixing this as soon as we can.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Zed, back one page you can see a few screen shots I posted. In the memCenter, on the Dark Setting, the same problem exists with the text that displays how many u2u's we have.

Very small issue.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Zed, back one page you can see a few screen shots I posted. In the memCenter, on the Dark Setting, the same problem exists with the text that displays how many u2u's we have.

Very small issue.

Yep. I got it and am making notes. On the light setting there are three places the text can't be read. 1) Under the thread tagging button, 2) in the member center the amount of u2u's someone has, and 3) when you create a post that has an existing title...the message on the error page can't be read.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What about the thing that used to be on the side and said the recent posts? Not the one we have now. That thing was very useful and I used it alot. Will it ever return?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can you read this??Some members say i'm on global ignore,or it could be a bug.Although i didn't get any u2u message about a global ignore,please help.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is more along the lines of "evolving" as its something that has always been like this at ATS.

Everytime you edit, there is a thing at the bottom that says "Edit".
It would be cool if you could put the extra material that you are editing under the "edit" phrase so people could see what you added.

Of note, I do realize sometimes its just pure editing, for spelling, etc.
Which, is there a spell check? Seems like someone said there is one, but Im not seeing it.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Not a problem, just figured this was a good spot to throw this out

Can you please please please put out a feature to opt out of what I'm starting to consider ATS u2u spam ;p

Or maybe send out less spam ;p

*flick nose*

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Can you please please please put out a feature to opt out of what I'm starting to consider ATS u2u spam ;p

No.

(flicking back)

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm having a problem with ATS. My backside is expanding from sitting here reading the voluminous amounts of interesting posts. Will you be offering a "12-step program" for those of us thoroughly addicted to this site? Or at least a housekeeping and lawn service?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
some members can't see the original post in my thread here yet others CAN see my post.Is there a bug in that thread?I didn't get any u2u confirmation about a global ignore,yet it looks like i could be on global ignore.please help!!

I just noticed something else as well.My ATS points seems to be stuck on 2517,it should be a little higher i believe.Is there a bug on my account?

[edit on 31-12-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
cant log into BTS I even tried logging out of ATS and going to BTS main page and tried to log in I cant.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Oh no,i just spent 1000 BTS points for a blog,so it should be 276.but its still the same.
I really do think there's a bug in my account.
BTW is anybody else experiencing this problem as well?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
one more little issue I noticed is when in "Your Subscribed Threads (manage)" in myATS favorites Some ogf the favorites get listed twice, When you deleat one it deleats both. Not a serious issue I admit. Just thought you should know.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i have noticed that when you log out of ats, it sets itself back to the dark setting when you log back in. can an option be put into member settings to keep their preference to light background so they dont have to keep changing it?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
probedbygreys, the easiest thing to do, is to set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768.

That is the resolution that ATS has been designed for.

kind of stupid having to change ones screen resolution for one site?
wasnt it better before when it matched the screen size of the user.
i mean if someone needs it to be that size they can always change their resolution if they use 1280x

in my view it was better when this was optional and not forced upon everyone

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
kind of stupid having to change ones screen resolution for one site?

We're not forcing anything... lots of sites (if not the majority) design for a fixed width. As mentioned previously, this is for optimum readability of the text.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join