It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOW you can help Dark Matter evolve - Problems?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ive been involved in Several threads that get transfered to Politics after theyve been live for sometime, once they go to politics i can no longer post in them ......

Maybe we could stop transferring threads that have been going a while until this gets fixed ?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Ive been involved in Several threads that get transfered to Politics after theyve been live for sometime, once they go to politics i can no longer post in them

are you logged in there? politics@ats and belowtopsecret have seperate logins to abovetopsecret so thats probably why you cant post in there

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thansk for teh suggestion .....

It never used to be like that all youd have to do is click the post and whalla !

But anyhow when i click the post, it shows me as not logged in, fill in the login and no-go, just a circle of not being logged in, hit the sgn up button and "sorry this feature is not working"

Come back to ATS and no problem!!

Problem is i get in some fairly fiesty debates and theres people calling me a debate avoiding coward out there, it is doing my rep no GOOD !!

Please fix it mr Code dudes !

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ok, I haven't seen any real bugs in the last few posts. I've seen some suggestions, but remember...we're still in the upgrading phase so not everything is done yet, ok?

For the Add Tag issue, as Chissler kindly pointed out...I see it just fine too.

Maybe you need to clear out your previous cookies to pick up any changes to the color styles that were implemented recently.

And for the PTS issue. You should be able to log in there no problem. All the domains use the same user/password so if you can get to one, you can get to all. Perhaps try it again and be sure you're putting in the right password.

It's not a site problem with the code because I just tried it.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
For some reason it still doesn't update the last post in forum times. It is just random numbers and kinda is annoying.

Still have the problem. Looks like no one cares though.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The link to ignorancedenied.com is missing.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Still have the problem. Looks like no one cares though.

I care.

How about now? Is it working? If not, can you explain it to me a bit more or post a screen shot?
(I'll read back more too bacause maybe I missed something)

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor

The link to ignorancedenied.com is missing.

As you can see, the Google search was just added and things are being tested and changed right now by SkepticOverlord.

As has been stated...things are still being done and the site is not final yet. In this thread we're only looking for actual problems (bugs) with how things function.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I care.

How about now? Is it working? If not, can you explain it to me a bit more or post a screen shot?
(I'll read back more too bacause maybe I missed something)

Cool.

I will make this post and then take a screenshot right after. You should see what I mean.

EDIT: Every shot I take is too small to see. but you should still understand

It still says last post 9 mintues ago even though we both posted a minute ago. And then it would jump to something like 28 min. It's never the actual time. And it's the same for every forum.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

See? It still says last post 9 mintues ago even though we both posted a minute ago. And then it would jump to something like 28 min. It's never the actual time. And it's the same for every forum.

Ahhh, got it. It's the same for me too and I can only guess for everyone. I think that page has an update period (every 10 mins or something) and depending when people are posting...the times will look scattered.

I imagine that might change when SkepticOverlord continues to review the server loads, etc. He might not want to be pinging for an update every second until he stabilizes other things.

I don't think that's a bug so much as a choice on his part to set an interval. Give that one some time, ok? We're still in construction phase.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh, I didn't know everyone had the problem. Hopefully it gets fixed because it's just soooo annoying

Thanks man/girl

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You mean these... (I didn't highlight all of them)

As I said...see my post above.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Exactly.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
its saddens me that it been like that for as long i was on and nones tryed to fix it.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It only was like that for me since the switch to the Dark Matter.

How long has it been that way for you?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can't post a screenshot(running out of space),so I'll give u a link.I think this could be a (warning)bug.
atsnn:contributors tab

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

For some reason it still doesn't update the last post in forum times. It is just random numbers and kinda is annoying.

I'm not sure I understand this issue. Could you clarify?

See my posts above (and screen shot).

On the main ATS page, the "Lasts Posts" for BBQ show 3 mins ago for me even with active posting to this forum instead of saying 1 minute ago or less.

I was thinking it's similar to the blog issue in that you're only querying the server for info every so often instead of every time the page is shown.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspiracyisherenow
its saddens me that it been like that for as long i was on and nones tryed to fix it.

It saddens me that we watch our Administrators spend countless hours working their ass off, over the holiday season, to please our membership. A membership that should be, and is, greatful.

I think some of us expect too much.

Try to be supportive and optimistic.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
its called a system redo i mean its been like that for months.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
this thread
and this one arent showing up properly for some reason. they just show the thread title but no story

i also cleared out my cookies (twice) and still have the same problem viewing the type under the tag button. i changed it to dark setting and see it as you do but when i change it back to light setting its not readable again. it could be a firefox problem causing it i guess as it was giving me posting trouble after it updated itself yesterday but i had this problem before the update.

also i have found that i cant change the time settings which always revert back to gmt+4

[edit on 23-12-2006 by justyc]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join