It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is nothing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
No offense to anyone, but Area 51 is nothing but a distraction.

The entire united states, if not the entire world is aware of area 51.

People come on now, you really think the government conducts top secret emperiments and works on classified military epuipment at a base that everyone is aware of ?

The only reason we know about area 51 is because they allow it, its simply a distraction, its just something to keep is guessing.

8th

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
People come on now, you really think the government conducts top secret emperiments and works on classified military epuipment at a base that everyone is aware of ?

Uuuuuh YES. F117A, SR-71 Blackbird, and other various X projects from Nasa have been constructed out of sight and tested there... If you need proof just search the website for the photo's.

Deny ignorance, buddy

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Area 51 is in the middle of 11,300 acres of nellis airforce base, Im sure those planes were tested on nellis. The planes them selves were constructed in seperate sections, in different facilities all over the country.

""F117A, SR-71 Blackbird, and other various X projects from Nasa have been constructed out of sight and tested there""

Im not trying to insult your intelligence, its just obvious you believe what ever you hear, see or read.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If it is just a "distraction" as you so eloquently put it, why in the hell did the government deny its existence, not for years, but decades?

[edit on 12-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Every now and again, some fool starts a thread about how they believe "Area 51 is nothing but a distraction."

They always try to prove their point by asking: "Why would the government test secret projects at such a well known location?"

Well, guess what? It's still a reasonably isolated remote test site in the middle of the Nevada Test and Training Range. Test flights are timed to avoid observation by satellite and to minimize observation by unauthorized ground observers.

That the Groom Lake facility is still extremely active is obvious by the number of Boeing 737 and Beech 1900 commuter flights that arrive each weekday, as well as the number of workerrs arriving by car and bus through the various gates. Satellite imagery shows continued construction and improvements to base facilities and infrastructure, and the number of vehicles in the parking lots. Do you think the government is spending millions of dollars on an elaborate sham? Get real, dude.

Just because the test site is well known doesn't mean they can't get the job done. There are numerous secret projects taking place at equally well known bases such as Edwards, China Lake and Tonopah Test Range.

Some highly classified projects were undertaken at Area 51 despite the fact that the base was well known to the public at the time. Examples include AQUATONE (U-2), AQUILINE (UAV), OXCART (A-12), KEDLOCK (YF-12A), TAGBOARD (D-21), HAVE DOUGHNUT (MiG-21), HAVE DRILL (MiG-17), HAVE BLUE (stealth tech demo), SENIOR PROM (stealth cruise missile), SENIOR TREND (F-117A), and TACIT BLUE (stealth tech demo).

Up until the middle of the TACIT BLUE program (1984), anyone could drive up to the northeast corner of the lakebed, which was still public land, and the base had been well known to the public as a test site for secret projects.
See: www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Who cares if everyone knows where it is, it's not like you can see anything that goes on there. What's the diferance?

Im not trying to insult your intelligence, its just obvious you believe what ever you hear, see or read.

Uhhhhhh. There are pictures of Oxcarts at Area 51. Roflmao?

Area 51 was never intended to be a secret, they just keep everything about it extremely quiet.

Gov't guys wil say Area 51 dosn't exists, because that's not it's real name. Its name is 'Detachment 3 of the Air Force Flight Test Center'.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Everything you guys have said, is just what you have read or seen on tv. Try drawing your own conclusions. I dont mean to be a smart ass, just Put yourself in there shoes. Is it so illogical to put millions into a distraction from the real base?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Everything you guys have said, is just what you have read or seen on tv. Try drawing your own conclusions.

So you're denying that the government denied the existence of area 51 for decades,eh??
Okay....
If you accept that they did, then please pray tell, do tell me why on God's green earth they would have done that if it was, as you so eloquently put it, "nothing?" PLEASE DO TELL!! I AM DYING TO HEAR YOUR EXPLANATION!! Eagerly waiting your reply.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Rofl....I dont mean literally nothing. When I say Area 51 is nothing, I mean its nothing important. Its just a name, or a physical distraction from the real base.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Check out the links & threads re Janet Airlines, etc. Hundreds of workers are shuttled to A51 daily. Kind of stupid to send a bunch of hi-cost scientist and pilot types to "nothing" - no less maintain an airline for transporting them.

I've not seen 'prrof' that A51 has much to do with UFO's, though there's enough circumstantial evidence and testimony from the likes of Lear, Lazar, et al.

Shadowhawk is right - there are many, many projects ongoing presently and in recent decades at Nellis/A51. To suggest that the gov't would build and maintain such a huge sprawling base, populate it with military/science/technology as merely a 'distraction' is ludicrous.

I'll concede that the real UFO stuff may be going on elsewhere, like the new base in Utah, but (no offense) there is absolutely no doubt that A51 is being put to consistent and heavy use on an ongoing basis.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hardly, Just because people know it's there, doesn't mean they know the Secrets of Groom Lake! This is one of those misguided idea that keeps coming back time and time again. The fact of the matter is that Groom Lake is in a very remote location. Add to that the fact that the border of Nellis makes it inpossible to look into the facility, Groom Lake is still Idea for hiding black projects, even if we know that Area 51 is there.

No one in their right mind would abandon such an ideal location!

Tim

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Exactly its ludicrous, Know one would ever think the government would go through that much trouble for a distraction. Thats why they did it, as long as they keep sending people and continue to build on to the base. Everyone including the enemy will focus on that location.

And while everyone is focused on that location, the people going inside the facility are simply taking an underground passage to somewhere not even in the vasinity of the base.

It sounds a little extreme, but if you want to keep something extremely secret, you have to take extreme measures.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Rofl....I dont mean literally nothing. When I say Area 51 is nothing, I mean its nothing important. Its just a name, or a physical distraction from the real base.

Okay, I'll accept that.

But where do you think the "real" base is??

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Really? If there is nothing "important" there,as you say...It is just a "distraction," right? Then why don't they just open the doors wide open for inspection?? Your theory is beyond hilarious. Really.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It seems like you are saying it's just an air force bas and trying to say it's not a Top Secret Facility, well I'm sorry that you believe this but if you have watched any specials about the base on discovery or history channels then you would understand that it indeed is a governmental Top Secret facility, all of the X projects were held there. many top secret projects were started and finished there and have later been de-classified for public viewing. If you can show evidence that everything that has been stated about the base being top secret is false then maybe you would get more to your side, but the thing is we do have evidence that classified projects have been performed there several times, well we have our evidence now where is yours?

About the Alien stuff there, may be bologna but it is very secluded and nearly impossible to access, even a well developed plan to get into the base would most likely result in a failure. Ask a few people who have went and gotten close about there experiences, I believe someone here has a thread not sure it could be in RATS but im pretty sure theres a thread about someone who got close and was chased away by soldiers in jeeps, get to close and you may not ever come back, if you ask me that means there hiding something, I mean I can go to tinker and hop the fence and all that happens if im caught without and I.D. is I get kicked out, if you get caught at A51 you'd be arrested and tried... or maybe worse...

SO wheres your evidence, besides your "common sense."

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well I'm curious, what about you? Do you have another way how to build your believe system? I mean other then hearing, seeing and reading?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok im running out of ideas to support my theory here
, I could debate this forever. The fact is its just a theory, and of course I have no evidence to put against the evidence you guys have.

There is really only one theory on Area 51, So why not have an alternate theory.

"Area 51 is nothing"
Copyright © (Blitz Theory)

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There is really only one theory on Area 51, So why not have an alternate theory.

"Area 51 is nothing"
Copyright © (Blitz Theory)

I like that. Okay everyone stop giving this guy a hard time.

His theory is just about as good as any other. But I am curous, do you have a theory on what or where the "real" secret stuff is taking place?

You must have something to base your theory on. I am willing to listen.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Admin edit:

From the Terms & Conditions...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Folks,yeah,let's ease up on him.. He is new to the site... I mean, I was one of the main taunters
but really, this guy or girl is entitled to his/her opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join