It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is nothing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Maybe he's right. Maybe they really do nothing at Area 51 and that is the big secret.

Well, how then do you account for the strange things seen in the night sky over Groom Lake?

There has to be something creating all the sighting in the area.

Tim

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Maybe Blitz, Nyte Angel and c3hamby are really government disinformation agents who are paid to say things like:

"Don't look at Area 51. There's nothing happening there. the real base is hidden undergound, miles away."

It's been done before with equal success: "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Lets get something straight here and dont ever (...) forget it, I am a very laid back person and it takes alot to make me angry.

It should be with in my legal rights to beat you beyond recognition, for accusing me of feeding people government disinformation.

I may get locked or banned for threatening someone, but to me there is no greater insult than calling someone a liar. I will not sit back and let someone accuse me of being involved with the government

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited vulgar language

[edit on 21/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with Blitz, you have no reason to say that, but back to the topic, you made a very good point shadow(not the blitz thing). But think about it, maybe they want us think theres nothing there, or maybe think there is, its a never ending circle if you ask me.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Nyte Angel]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Shadowhawk,

I have a lot of respect for you, but the mud throwing is getting a bit much.

As for Blitz and his theory, I think he is dead wrong! Area 51 is Probably MORE important now to Top Secret R&D then ever before. Groom Lake is still an idea test location and the US government has invested too much money in the facility to just throw it out. They even closed the border so people can no longer look in. Plus record show an Increase in JANET flights, all of which contrdict his claim.

B.T.W. Blitz, a good theory is supported by Evidence! I'm just wondering, do you have any evidence for you theory: Another US location with a surge in UFO activity, A new restricted Area, etc.

The last "New Area 51" Theory took us to an old missile facility in Utah. I dying to see where this one is going to take us.

Tim

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was being facetious, Blitz, but I have to admit I didn't think you would get the joke.

You will notice I didn't accuse you of anything. I merely asked "what if?" and you hit the roof.

You seem pretty tightly wound, buddy. Lighten up.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I was being facetious, Blitz, but I have to admit I didn't think you would get the joke.

You will notice I didn't accuse you of anything. I merely asked "what if?" and you hit the roof.

You seem pretty tightly wound, buddy. Lighten up.

Making the assumption that Im associated with something as evil as the government, Is not something I take lightly.

Threatening to beat you, was over the edge I admit

There are just some things that will push me over the edge, and you happen to mention the main one.

I lose my train of thought when im angry.

I dont have any evidence to rely on for my theory, Its simply what I believe. Like any other male If I believe something to be true, then by god its true. Looking at stuff from alternate points of view is what I do, I cant except the same theory tht everyone else does. It does not make since to me that people know the location and have indepth knowledge of a base that is so secret that the government denies it even exist.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Blitz]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I was being facetious too, but you didn't get my joke either.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Since when was ATS supposed to be a personal boxing ring? Seriously, let's all take a breather and drop the childish anger.

Now, the way I see Area 51, is that, yes it used to be a major facility for testing new and improved aircraft technology. As mentioned the SR71, and the 1117 were test projects there.

Now, we don't know for sure if it is still being used as such, but they have renewed one of their runways, and added a grappling system to the end of it for overshooting aircraft.

The facility may not be used for aircraft projects right now, but why not use it for other projects then? It's too far away to see what is going on inside the hangers, and in the underground facilities. Theres alot more to test out there than just aircraft.

By the way, where are the americans recent VTOL failures being tested?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, I thought injecting some satire into this asinine thread would lighten the tone, but I was wrong. It was c3hamby's post that pushed me over the edge. Sorry, I didn't get your joke either.

Some of the posters to this thread believe what they believe for no better reason than because that is what they believe.

I know what I know because I have had access to primary sources during my extensive research of this topic. I have earned my bonifides.

That is why threads like this are so frustrating. I think people should form their opinions based on critical thinking and evidence.

I cant believe this thread has dragged on this long.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How about the lawsuits that were filed when base employees came down with the "fish scales" after open pit-burns of toxic material? It seems to me that the "squashing" of the lawsuits to keep base info silent is a really good indication of "something, nefariously, going on".

And I don't think of the Government as "Evil", but, I would say "Flawed". The people in certain positions of our government have been corrupted, I think. And manipulated...by something. Us not getting an inside look is just the manipulation being passed to us by aforementioned government.

My $0.02,
Cuhail

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
B.T.W. Blitz, a good theory is supported by Evidence! I'm just wondering, do you have any evidence for you theory: Another US location with a surge in UFO activity, A new restricted Area, etc.

Why in the 'US'? theres places in Russia that have the so called 'Alien activity'

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
To attempt to revive the starting post, there really isn't anything "cool" at Area 51. Sure there's interesting technology beyond comprehension, perhaps imagination, that are gifts from extraterrestrials, but the real action is at S4 and Dulce. Ever wonder why no one seems to know about S4 and Dulce? Ever wonder why there's always Discovery Channel specials about Area 51? Because the government is very good at deploying methods of misinformation.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So far, there is no credible evidence of any facilities at "S-4" (Papoose Lake, NV) or Dulce, NM. Personally, I think the stories about these places are bogus.

There are lots of cool things at "Area 51," but they were all designed and built on Earth.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes I agree with most of the above replies. It is absolutely ludacris to say that the government has the upmost highest security over thousands of square miles of land just to make us 'think' there is # going on there.

I say, think about it this way.. There have been top secret projects held and tested there decades ago that are just now surfacing after being declassified. So without a doubt there are things going on now that we won't even be able to comprehend until it is old news to them in about 10-20 years.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
oh and yeah, deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I want the TRUTH - the WHOLE truth - and Nothing BUT the Truth...

Let's say you suddenly got to know the truth about Area 51 and other conspiracy theories. The real question is: What would you do with the knowledge you knew?

[edit on 5-1-2007 by LEO006]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I work in the missile field, and I personally know people who have visited there, and worked there. Im not going to say what they were doing or who it was, but as far as I know its just a test facility out in the middle of nowhere. The projects that I know about have already been mentioned in this thread. Hell, some of them even had(the guy has since retired) patches that were given to them there hanging up at their desks..its not some huge secret if youre in the right circles. I know that you all have no reason to believe me, but its the truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I believe you PokeyJoe. I know lots of people like that. I work with some of them. A former wing commander I know (he has since been promoted) had an office full of Area 51 memorabilia from his previous assignments. Of course, most people would not realize what they were looking at, or its significance.

You're right. It's not much of a secret in certain circles. Too many people promote the myth that "Area 51" is some big secret conspiracy thing. Crazy!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
According to defense journalist Nick Cook, Area 51 and Nellis Air Force Range occupy an area approximately y the size of Switzerland!! You can’t just relocate something like that because people know it’s there. An area that size (41,285 km²-15,940 sq mi) still leaves plenty of buffer for conducting secret operations.

I would also think that really secret projects would be conducted somewhere else. (middle of the Pacific perhaps?) However in the same Nick Pope documentary mentioned above, he shows satellite shots of Aurora taking off from Area 51.

Source: UFO’s:The Secret Evidence

I haven’t been able to find those satellite shots online; if anyone has them I would appreciate a post/u2u.

You can check out UFO’s: the secret evidence on Google Video.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is roughly the size of Switzerland. It includes the the Nellis Bombing and Gunnery Range, Creech AFB/Indian Springs Range, Nevada Test Site (NTS), Tonopah Test Range (TTR), and DREAMLAND/Area 51.

Historically, classified programs have been flown mostly from Area 51, TTR and NTS Area 6. The NTTR airspace provides a substantial buffer zone to prevent unwanted observations while also providing numerous contingency landing sites in the event of in-flight emergency or security concerns. Nevada also boasts excellent flying weather almost year round.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join