It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give it a Bash, the new Look

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks Littlefox. Just so Admin's aware of our issues.

the addition of a "Back to Top" link in either each published post-form --or at the bottom of the pages. Sure would save a lot of scrolling -------

I miss the back to top links too.

And Love... I SAID NO RAH-RAHs, man!
But thanks for a point.

RM, that headache is like my forehead is crushing in. Now I remember why I used to wear bangs.

Asty, Step 1: get yourself a pet.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is rather dark and although I've seen a number of cool sites on the web with this kind of motif going on I don't prefer this type of theme.

It was time for a change because the grey was a bit much before but I still see lots of grey even with the change.

The display on screen is constrained as others have pointed out, I'm running high resolution and it is scrunched over to the left on my monitor and normally this is okay on a light background but not like this.

Otherwise it looks good and clean and stylish and is good work.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The buttons for the forums - don't like them. I liked it better when I could scroll down and see the name and description.

And yeah, it's kind of hard to see.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Asty, Step 2:

Get busy around the house.

- vacuum, it usually needs it the start of the week.
- get a bucket of sudsy water and go to town.
- darn those old socks you wore holes in last winter.

Stuff like that.

Step 3: Make lists.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
One more little thing. Where it says what forum you are on it the corner ( like it says Board Business and Questions now) It used to have the button to go to the homepage. Where did it go? I liked it.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why is everyone complaining about the new look? I think it's great! It certainly is better than the "rainbow" look it had previously!! :shk: Administrators, you have done well!!

[edit on 5-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
While I am always grateful for all the endless hours of hard work and effort the staff puts into ATS, all day, every day, I have to say, the new look is extremely hard to read. I would like the option available to choose the old interface if possible, kinda like how the phpbb forums can allow you to change the look of the GUI. If this option is already available, then I'd like to know where it is, because I can't read much on here at the moment.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
The buttons for the forums - don't like them. I liked it better when I could scroll down and see the name and description.

And yeah, it's kind of hard to see.

It was nice having descriptions of the forums, although I suppose it means people are more likely to enter forums they might not have and become pleasently surprised.

I liked having a search option at the top of the screen so I could easily search for stuff from the page. The advanced search isn't the same. It seems to have been ditched for another ad bar... I hope it's only a temporary removal.

It's especially hard to see things on the 'Myats' page, but I'm sure it'll changed in the coming days. The colour scheme is really cool, way above... does anyone know where I could get a myspace scheme similar to it?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
I liked having a search option at the top of the screen so I could easily search for stuff from the page. The advanced search isn't the same. It seems to have been ditched for another ad bar... I hope it's only a temporary removal.

Yes! That too. I just went to search something and was wondering where it went.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you are having difficulty reading the text in posts I would recommend that you check your contrast setting. If it's set too high then all grey shaded turn to black. Personally I'm having no trouble reading the text because my settings are set properly.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ah,,...you all are just complaining because it's new. You'll get used to it.
I think it looks great.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why is everyone complaining about the new look?

Because WE CAN'T READ IT!

BTW, Asty... 'Step 3: Make Lists' is a hard one to get past, because once you make your lists, you have to do them.

But learning to relax and methodically have them crossed off helps generate the calmness you will need to really kick the ATS habit.

(hmmm... the size function worked in preview)

I did up the contrast settings for my monitor, KingLizard. They were already low for my normal viewing of other brighter websites. It did help some here. But what will it do for my all around viewing? That remains to be seen.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
GET GLASSES!!

My God!! It has been changed a half day and you all are already cryying.It looks better than that "rainbow" interface that some of you seem to be so fond of!!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
No Kudos please, only constructive criticism. (so they may see a list without sifting thru all the rah-rahs.)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What part are you having difficulty reading? quote boxes, text in posts, ???

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What about the thing on the side that showed you the recent posts? I used that alot. Now there is only like 5 threads shown at a time

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh,I get it,this thread is strictly for those who have a problem with the new look. Sort of a way for them to vent.. OOOPs...I will show myself to the door.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why not have it on the side like it used to be

I like that better than having to click somewhere else.

And the EDIT button is invisible. I don't know why but my other post was deleted.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
What about the thing on the side that showed you the recent posts?

Yeah, I use that all the time too.

That aside I think it looks pretty sweet.

[edit on 5/12/06 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This "redesign" is exactly the reason you don't let highschool kids near photoshop. Look, there are exactly TWO (2) and only two types of sites on the internet that should get black backgrounds: band sites and artsy "Look I Can Draw" sites.

Those sites both have one thing in common: very little text. Those sites are made to LOOK at so the black background is a benefit (the eye is focused on the pictures.)

Sites that are 99.6% text like news and forum sites (and ATS) should never, ever get a dark background. Do the kids playing with photoshop behind the scenes know why sites like CNN, NYT, Google, or even review sites have light colored or mostly white backgrounds? Do they know why, way back in 2001, sites like arstechnica.com moved from a black background to a white one?

The answer is because they are sites meant to be READ and not just viewed.

Instead of sitting down and trying to make a "cool" site design, first just just think about what this site's purpose is (information, discussion) and make a functional site design first.

Jon

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join