It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give it a Bash, the new Look

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is an Unofficial Complaints Dept thread that I thought I'd start for Admin to see what specifically we don't like about the new look. No Kudos please, only constructive criticism. (so they may see a list without sifting thru all the rah-rahs.)

I shall kick it off:

Age Discrimination - I can't read the #tin' thing. It's worse than picking up dog do-do in a yard that's gone all browns and green. Us old foggies have enough eye strain as it is. Thanks a lot cave-dwellers, I have the bright of day to deal with too.

Lo siento for the harshness of this reply. I've been angry lately and this doesn't help matters one bit.

If you want to argue about it, take it up with the eye doc.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh... and I can't find the little Up arrows on the bottom on the page. I guess I'll have to learn the Home key when I need the top menu.

It's just that I've grown so used to using the mouse scroll, it's like teaching my thumbs to type anything other than the space bar.

Ex

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I love the black, it's the freakin buttons that I can't see unless I highlight
and you know how much work that is......
Dang!!
A Woman's Work Is Never Done!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm viewing at a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and there about 1/5 of the screen is gray on the right. At first I thought it waspart of the new design, but ten I viewed on another machine, and it looked good. But the upgrade isn't done yet, so It'll probably be fixed anyway.

Ignore this comment

thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The " MyATS" page, with grey lettering on grey background......OUCH....my macular degeneration runs things together anyways......And the 'Members" page is diff.....dark grey on black? ( The black BG with colored lettering is not so bad, however.)

Que Sera, Sera........change happens, we shall adapt.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Age Discrimination - I can't read the #tin' thing... Us old foggies have enough eye strain as it is. Thanks a lot cave-dwellers, I have the bright of day to deal with too.

I agree. The grey-on-black text option is hell on my ageing eyes. The MyATS page is worse: it's grey on grey, for heaven's sake. And the nice red-letter contrast for links is gone too; it's white on grey now.

Please fix, ye Powers and Principalities, or we oldies shall go and find ourselves another playground, leaving you with no-one but keensighted juvenile delinquents to boost your page view ratings.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't like inverted text fields, and if I want tortured eyeballs I will check into club Gitmo.

Perhaps it's time for personal ATS stylesheets to circumvent the colors.
Not everyone lives in a black cave devoid of sunlight and glare.

Fill your eyes with that double vision.
It's just as fun as an icecream headache!

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's like....totally far out man!

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am running the same resolution (1280X1024) and the right hand side is blank.

I thought that is where we had advertising and such:puz

I know it is a work in progress and I am not complaining as much as pointing to an area which might need some more attention from our one and only SO!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Not everyone lives in a black cave devoid of sunlight and glare.

Oh, is that what it's about? Therapy for obsessives with 'raster burn' or whatever they're calling it these days?

Okay, that does it. My twelve-step-away-from-ATS programme starts here.

Let's see now, who wants to be my Higher Power?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

The " MyATS" page, with grey lettering on grey background......OUCH....

That is my only complaint, I can see everything just fine.

Plus, I kinda dig the darker look, now we're meeting in the dark....fitting.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Good grief!!! Is it just me or did ATS go through some kind of Reptilian skin change? My god it makes my eyes scream for mercy after looking at it for only a few seconds!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just wanted to point everyone to a
post by SO (link).

also have some issues with the light text on dark background. A design that looks stellar in Photoshop can often breakdown in actual usage... so we are indeed working on a happy compromise of text/background colors that maintains the spirit of the new design direction, but delivers a quality experience. I fully expect the design tweaks to take place over the next few weeks, with the bulk of the major changes over the next 2-3 days.

Straight from the boss... I have faith in him that he'll work out a solution for everyone, I'm sure you guys do too.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm viewing at a resolution of 1280 x 1024

Holy Schmolly Raso! Mine's at 800 x 600* and I'm complaining?

*And I still use 'Ctrl/mouse scroll down' to make print larger at times. It's helping here somewhat.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yea--good Idea for a thread!

I have a complaint/suggestion--one that has been running around my Head since day 1 (not at all that long ago). The new theme and template set is snazzy, and I like the look. I believe, tho, the functionality could be enhanced greatly by the addition of a "Back to Top" link in either each published post-form --or at the bottom of the pages. Sure would save a lot of scrolling -------

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I really dont like this at all
I dont like the colours and the layout isnt as good as it was, I hope something is done about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's a real strain on the eyes. I can't stay on the site for long now. I find myself struggling to read anything in grey. It looks 'cheap' for want of a better word. Sorry guys...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Change is baaaaadddd. All change. Ever. I hate change. Down with change!!!

But face it, it's inevitable. Besides, having said all that, it does look pretty cool.
And anyway, once you go black....

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The only constant is change. So far ... everything is
with me (if anyone cares).

Oh ... can we get our old chat back please? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i like the new layout and the buttons but the new colours are terrible - they were much better before. i had trouble seeing some links though and had to highlight the page to find them. some text i can barely make out at all.

there have been a few studies done on peoples perceptions when visiting websites and all seemed in agreement that lighter or white coloured backgrounds were far more pleasing than darker ones. black especially did badly as a main background colour. it was seen to represent lots of negative aspects (and has strangely been associatied with corporatism).

some great information on website psychology can be found here
and more in-depth
here

theres enough negativity on this site without adding to it so please rethink the colour scheme

[edit on 5-12-2006 by justyc]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join