It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Drugs are illegal but they are pretty easy to get...
So banning guns elimates the criminals from having them?
No it keeps the people who are gonna have one for the right reasons from having one and someone whos gonna use it for a crimes gonna have it

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
definition of racism:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

so hypocrites (only those it applies too of course), tell me this, have you ever said the following:

-Blacks are the best BB players?
-Black men are well endowed?
-White people are the 'man'
-White people are uptight.
-Asians can't drive very well.
-Asians are good at math.
-Indians like to drink.
-Indians don't want to work

and many more witicisms ever said by anyone, even if in the sense of representing the MAJORITY of people of that race, would make you a racist.

look in the mirror and accept what you are or accept that we are not all exactly the same.

god made us different for a reason, and those differences have to do with the future we are facing.

I will wait for someone to tell me I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
definition of racism:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

so hypocrites (only those it applies too of course), tell me this, have you ever said the following:

-Blacks are the best BB players?
-Black men are well endowed?
-White people are the 'man'
-White people are uptight.
-Asians can't drive very well.
-Asians are good at math.
-Indians like to drink.
-Indians don't want to work

and many more witicisms ever said by anyone, even if in the sense of representing the MAJORITY of people of that race, would make you a racist.

look in the mirror and accept what you are or accept that we are not all exactly the same.

god made us different for a reason, and those differences have to do with the future we are facing.

I will wait for someone to tell me I am wrong.

Ok then dont tell people you are a racist.

What you posted above is stereotyping.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The differences are mere semantics the effects are nil in scope.

I still pose the question and await an answer from someone, anyone here:

why do races exist?

what is the purpose?

who or what created them?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Why is it that whenever you talk to a liberal, race is brought up. Thats how the democratic party gets its votes. They scare people who dont know any better into believeing that conservatives are racist. Conservatives just are logical. Its funny. Liberals are afraid to use common sense. No tolerance programs at schools are like banning guns. You refuse to see that every situation is different. You refuse to think for yourself. When I was in highschool, someone I knew hit a kid in the face for no reason. Someone he didnt even know. On a dare. The kid he hit was suspended out of school for three days. Banning guns is the same thing. Refusing to realize that every situation is different, that every person is different. Refusing to think on your own. While race is brought up, another example. Airports, why do we lie and say that we are not looking for muslim or middle eastern men when we really are. Lets make it fair. Lets not think logically. Lets search an 80 year old lady for a bomb. Thats brilliant. Thats liberalism.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SabbyJ

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Lord almighty! Do people really still use THAT inane 'argument'. Lemme tell you something. It's no different from saying" heart attacks dont kill people, bad diets kill people". So what's the cure? Remove the bad diet.

Now, how about we alter the old cliche to read as a far more realistic statement? "Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people". So what's the cure? Go figure.

I prefer this one that I made up: "Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people."

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
Drugs are illegal but they are pretty easy to get...
So banning guns elimates the criminals from having them?
No it keeps the people who are gonna have one for the right reasons from having one and someone whos gonna use it for a crimes gonna have it

Where do most criminals get there illegal guns. They steal them from people who have them legally.

A family member is more likely to die from your gun than a criminal, with that in mind, I would rather not have one. But I honestly don't care if you want to have one.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This question of banning seems not to make sense.
Can you remove this knowledge from mankind ?
If not some people will produce them . How can a law stop that ?
To me this seems like banning books it serves no real
purpose .
To take a contrary point of view.when everyone is armed there seems to be more respect when you know a guys packing a .45
Weapons are part of our reality. To deny them is like
burying your head in the sand.
But anyway Have you heard of a thing called a sword ?
Im a martial artist i've got a Wakasashi its a 2 1/2' razor . At close range its faster and more deadly than a gun and very concealable.
Then you Ban them . O K but im 6'2" 220 lbs
and highly trained to kill by hand .
So you ban martial arts.
Then the problem of sticks remains.what do you do then ban trees ?

just a thought

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake
purpose .
To take a contrary point of view.when everyone is armed there seems to be more respect when you know a guys packing a .45
Im a martial artist i've got a Wakasashi its a 2 1/2' razor . At close range its faster and more deadly than a gun and very concealable.
So you ban martial arts.

just a thought

Yeah, that arguement has been brought up time and time again. I think it is idiotic to compare martial arts and guns, or swords and guns. Nobody kills somebody with a drive by swording, or kills someone in a fit of road rage with a sword. Not to mention noone is going to carry a sword with them in their car.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If I have a fit of road rage (rarely these days), I can kill the other guy with my car!

Hell I don't need a gun!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake
purpose .
So you ban martial arts.

just a thought

Not just a thought bud....thats what I like to call common sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If I have a fit of road rage (rarely these days), I can kill the other guy with my car!

Hell I don't need a gun!

True but people do pull out there guns and shoot the other people.

If you have had road rage before then you know how out of control you can get and how illogical your actions become. If you have a way of injuring the person who is the source of your rage right under your seat, you may use it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Hell I don't need a gun!

If you have had road rage before then you know how out of control you can get and how illogical your actions become. If you have a way of injuring the person who is the source of your rage right under your seat, you may use it.

Ive seen people on television...discovery channel actually. The show was about road rage. The one guy hit the other guy with a tire iron. One person used a baseball bat. Wow........ Guess we have to ban changing tires and baseball from american society!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Seapeople,

that's the point man,

it has nothing to do with your weapon of choice but your state of mind or your ability to resume self-control.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Americans kill people. Clever, koolaid, maybe you can stereotype further by saying blacks kill people for example, there are statistics to back that figure up too.

Its ridiculous, as i said before, guns don't up and kill people, people take a gun and kill people. What we need to do is solve our national glorification of violence problem. Many other countries are entertained by the same movies, guns, etc. and don't have the violence problem we do. Where liberals go wrong in this is blaming a scapegoat, a constitutionally prtected scapegoat at that.

Guns are for defense, hunting, and recreation. Or at least that is what their intended uses are. Criminals and idiots use them for murder, and a whole load of other terrible things. Banning or tightly regulating guns is not a viable option. Even if it was, I still wouldn't support it. It is comparable to prohibition, it may be illegal, but people will still get their hands on it and without real regulation or education it will be more dangerous than ever.

Education needs to be required for all new gun owners. Classes need to be required for all new gun owners. And those with a felony in their past 10 years should not own a gun. Pure and simple

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Hell I don't need a gun!

Ive seen people on television...discovery channel actually. The show was about road rage. The one guy hit the other guy with a tire iron. One person used a baseball bat. Wow........ Guess we have to ban changing tires and baseball from american society!

Were those people killed? I doubt it. If he had a gun in his car would they be dead? Probably.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I came in late on this one

Here is the number one reason for owning a gun as an american citizen.

It is our duty to our country.

The second amendment was put in for a reason and that reason still holds today as it did then (if no more so). The government should NEVER have absolute power over the people. An armed populous keeps any one man (such as Bush) from seizing absolute power.

I know the argument about "They would use tanks...blah blah blah" No, actually, they wouldn't and even if they did they would be FAR outnumbered. Look at Iraq right now. There are maybe 5,000 insurgents at this point up against 120,000 soldiers with tanks and helicopters. Have the killings stopped? NO!
Try that in America with about 85 million gun owners. Looks to me that the people would win and our founding fathers knew this.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you girls have it all figured out.

Must be a nice black and white world you live in.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by insite
magestica,
wanting to keep our right to have guns because it is our right is flawed. Yes i agree that the ban on guns and thus our right to own an arm is a perpetuating cycle that may lead to the dissolve of other rights. But im pretty sure that more people will want to see a ban on guns than a ban on freedom of religion or speech. religion and speech do not kill people. neither does unreasonable search and seisure. in terms of our rights, the right to own a gun is like the odd one out, the black sheep.

Religion is the reason for almost everything. Religion is what makes middle eastern countries different from ours. Religion is why terrorists flew into the world trade center. Religion is why isreal and palistine kill each other with suicide bombs every day. Religion does kill my friend. Unless you will admit that it is the person killing and not the religion??? HMMMMMM.

relgion does not kill people? HELLO! where the # have you been. those terrorist suicide bobmbers in the middle east arent blowing themselves up on busloads of innocent isrealies for their health.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
religion does kill, i made a mistake, but its not the freedom of religion that kills whereas its the freedom of owning a god damn gun that does.

Yeah, thanks for being perfectly typical in not reading anything that takes the crutch out from under your argument KrazyIvan. I hear you can get Hooked On Phonics games pretty cheap these days...

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by insite]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join