I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I hate(love) to say it, but don't take the loudmouth liberal route and issue a blanket statement with little real meaning. It just degrades you

Point out my blanket statement please. I said "you people" because I'm fending off my position from three different people in this thread alone. Ok from now on I'll say sirCyco, dreamstone and THENEO. Wow, am I a horrible person or what...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i wouldnt say horrible but anybody that wants to strip rights promised to us by the constitution is in the cross hair of my hunting rifle..

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thanks for proving a good point, even hunters can murder people. I value the constitution just as much as anyone, but show me where it says gun in the constitution and please tell me the year it was written to have further effect on this subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I value the constitution just as much as anyone, but show me where it says gun in the constitution and please tell me the year it was written to have further effect on this subject.

i doubt you value the constitution as much as everyone else..

yeah second amendment...what the hell do you think bear "arms" means???? swords? no they meant guns....
and its not murder if you come to me and try to take my rights away....thats what the whole constitution thing is about you know..

[Edited on 11-17-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is easy for people to buy into ideology when they have an easy life.

Maybe we need a real shakeup in this world to get people back on track and start realizing what freedom, wealth, and responsiblity are all about.

Much of our society is guilty of this lest anyone think I am talking to someone in particular. I often try to think of how fortunate I am but until I really am on the street I have no idea what it is like.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Maybe we need a real shakeup in this world to get people back on track and start realizing what freedom, wealth, and responsiblity are all about.

Much of our society is guilty of this lest anyone think I am talking to someone in particular. I often try to think of how fortunate I am but until I really am on the street I have no idea what it is like.

LOL, NEO that was smooth,
I agree with you entirely, I honestly do. If you think I don't see things like this it shows you don't think too highly of me. Thats okay. People do buy into ideologies, but some people actually firmly believe certain things that no one has taught them or described to them.

I grew up in New Zealand where gun's are typically restricted to farmers and handguns are illegal. Gun violence is almost unheard of so I naturally wonder why it would not work here in the states. I formed this opinion on my own through personal experience and by no other means.

In an extension to what NEO has posted, I have never been threatened by a gun or been held hostage. Until I am, I really have no room to talk about their necessity to others. Its like a male saying abortions should be illegal to a woman who was impregnated after being raped. However, I do have my opinions and until I have reason to believe otherwise, they will remain steadfast.

BTW, sirCyco, I bet I value the constitution more than you do. Freedom is the most valuable thing a living being is entitled to.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
BTW, sirCyco, I bet I value the constitution more than you do.

lol....you value it MORE than me??? how did you come to this conclusion???

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
BTW, sirCyco, I bet I value the constitution more than you do.

lol....you value it MORE than me??? how did you come to this conclusion???

Okay, I'm sorry, i don't even really know you. But you just said that I obviously do not value the constitution as much as you because I dont agree with the right to bear arms. The other amendments I find extremely valuable. You do not know me any better than I know you so I believe you also owe me an apology. Don't be hypocritical, you just stated the same thing a few posts ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
no need to appologize...like it says in your signature....stand up for your rights!! thats what im doing by defending the second amendment and you are expressing your freedom of speech....which why america can be great sometimes..why i have not givin up on our country as of yet....it does not say in the constitution which rights can be revoked..they are all rights promised to all citizens and i dont see where its says its up to future generations do decide whether or not they want to continue providing these essential liberties.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I've killed a deer using a handgun

I was really hoping to not have to spell out my point, I already made it on here this thread.

My point is that handguns are generally used to kill people. Most people use a rifle for hunting. If you want guns for the purpose of hunting, than use a rifle, you don't need a handgun. A rifle is much harder to conceal. And most people don't get road rage and reach under their seat, pull out a rifle, and shoot someone in the car next to them.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
no need to appologize...like it says in your signature....stand up for your rights!! thats what im doing by defending the second amendment and you are expressing your freedom of speech....which why america can be great sometimes..why i have not givin up on our country as of yet....it does not say in the constitution which rights can be revoked..they are all rights promised to all citizens and i dont see where its says its up to future generations do decide whether or not they want to continue providing these essential liberties.

Ummmmm...your signature does seem to say it can change. The word "elastic" makes me think this. An elastic can be stretched and deformed and changed. I think your forefathers who wrote the constitution were smart enough to know that they are not smart enough to know what is going to happen in the future. That is why there are amendmants.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

I've killed a deer using a handgun

I was really hoping to not have to spell out my point, I already made it on here this thread.

My point is that handguns are generally used to kill people. Most people use a rifle for hunting. If you want guns for the purpose of hunting, than use a rifle, you don't need a handgun. A rifle is much harder to conceal. And most people don't get road rage and reach under their seat, pull out a rifle, and shoot someone in the car next to them.

Plenty of people kill deer with hand guns. People also use shot guns and rifles. I use a rifle because I am a better shot with it. It's all a matter of what you prefer. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a required license for handguns though...

You couldn't even imagine the uproar that would follow any type of gun legislation in my area. It's an extreamly touchy subject. Decision should be up to the people, and the majority of people in the US own guns...

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
they usually add amendments...not strip away the second one on the list....

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Gun owners are a poweful group, and because of that any attempt at legislation against guns will fail. I believ Gun owners outnumber the AARP in terms of a voting block

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
magestica,
wanting to keep our right to have guns because it is our right is flawed. Yes i agree that the ban on guns and thus our right to own an arm is a perpetuating cycle that may lead to the dissolve of other rights. But im pretty sure that more people will want to see a ban on guns than a ban on freedom of religion or speech. religion and speech do not kill people. neither does unreasonable search and seisure. in terms of our rights, the right to own a gun is like the odd one out, the black sheep.

You moron. You only want to take away stuff from OTHER people. If the take away involved automobiles, for instance, then you would scream bloody murder. I own ASSAULT WEAPONS and I shoot them for recreation. It is my right and obligation as a good citizen to be armed with the latest weapons and proficient in their use. I am also proficient with black powder firearms as well. If you are so keen on making legislation, then how about some legislation that makes using a gun in commission of a crime punishable by the death penalty. That way only those who are actually guilty of a crime will have to be punished. Not legal gun owners.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i consider myself to be a liberal and i'm completely for the 2nd amendment. i think its very important that we are able to be able to defend ourselves by any means nessicary. we need to focus more or punishing those who abuse thier right to bear arms rather than those who exercise thier 2nd amendment right responsibally. just my .02 here.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
two cents add up to a lot.

Why not make crimes committed with guns a magnitude of severity greater? It would almost certainly cut down on gun violence.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Simple fact: Those with the weapons make the rules. It doesn't matter whether you're in Tienamin Square or your bedroom; if you're not armed and the other guy is, you lose, period. I want to at least have a fighting chance. If you want to die for your higher principles, be my guest. I decided a long time ago that I would make it home to my family each night, every night. I live in a right-to-carry and exercise the right every day; it's not being paranoid, it's being prepared.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
LOL in Arkansas you see all kinds of people in the country driving thier pickups with gunracks on thier back windows, but that is just asking for your car to get broken into when your shoppin at wal-mart so the freaks can go pawn it and but some meth!!! LOL

I much rather have a conceal & carry liscense though.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
People Kill People. Not GUNS for christ's sake! Guns are made for other things than killing people!

1) Collecting
2) Hunting
3) Target range shooting
4) Gun shooting tourneys

etc etc..

People Kill People. The people make the choice to do the act. If they cant stand up for their decisions..then they are weak. Weak don't survive. I rest my case.

-wD

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join