It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were the other Messiahs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So, the source for which you guys are searching has to be from a secular source that does not have faith, BUT somehow BELIEVES...?

Like saint pointed out, the Bible is a collection of many independent references. Stories, poems, proverbs, epistles(fancy letters), biographies, definitions, etc...
Any other book you know of that includes the key to discovering and understanding it completely within it? Those who claim to have read the Bible and use the context in their own minds and wills fail to actually unlock the messages of the Bible.
But then again, we aren't suppose to unlock those messages. The Holy Spirit does that through us if we receive Christ. For even Satan knows the Word, and manipulates it for His benefit through anyone who speaks out against the Only Begotten Son... but it's okay.
Jesus said, "God forgive them, for they know not what they do." The context of course being involved with Jesus being nailed to the cross.
THat's what you're doing when you are a false prophet--a liar, a deceiver...
You speak words meant to hinder people, make people keep thinking... waiting for a true answer to be suddenly announced, eat TIME.
Well, whatever time is, it's at hand. Time to start opening them ears and eyes and paying attention to what the Lord has to say. saint is doing the will of god. Listen.

If you want to find an unbiased document claiming the divinity of Yeshua, forget it. Why would people who hear the story of Jesus and "believe it" act like they DO NOT believe it and yet write something claiming that He is real, just to verify everyone else that truly DOES believe in Him? For everyone who has believed continues to believe and have written in belief. So the consolidated works of those who are most known for believing is thus called the Bible because it's easier than digging through the Library for hours for all the stories when it can all be at hand. That's a blessing of God.

AS for those same non-believers never giving credit to the flesh of Christ -- well... if evidence of one being named Christ in the flesh is exposed, then that's a step up and all that must be proven is then divinity! So there for, it is easier for Satan to work if the people will convince themselves that Yeshua never existed so that there can not even be a claim to divinity, as there was no vessel.

As we know, is not true.

Yeshua is the Christ.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Jesus said, "God forgive them, for they know not what they do." The context of course being involved with Jesus being nailed to the cross.

Can you imagine? Being nailed to a cross - nailed through your BONES and forgiving those who were doing it?

How many christians who have supposedly 'accepted christ' (in thought but not deed) have actually put themselves RIGHT there on the crucifixion moment in time! In that skin and with those bones? And then forgiven?

If you want to find an unbiased document claiming the divinity of Yeshua, forget it. Why would people who hear the story of Jesus and "believe it" act like they DO NOT believe it and yet write something claiming that He is real, just to verify everyone else that truly DOES believe in Him? For everyone who has believed continues to believe and have written in belief. So the consolidated works of those who are most known for believing is thus called the Bible because it's easier than digging through the Library for hours for all the stories when it can all be at hand. That's a blessing of God.

AS for those same non-believers never giving credit to the flesh of Christ -- well... if evidence of one being named Christ in the flesh is exposed, then that's a step up and all that must be proven is then divinity!

I've got that proof....it will require trust in God to prove it to the heart of each one...but He will...God always bears up the truth...when it is time to reveal the truth.

What a better day than today?
11-25-2006 = 2-5-7
(two-->perfecting grace-->divine perfection)

Christ in the flesh is all of us...christ crucified is dead...but yet a living soul! In a new body without nails in the bones!
AND is NOT divine!
Is just the same as the rest...
no different.

And holds no grudges anymore...at all. What is understood is easily released.

So there for, it is easier for Satan to work if the people will convince themselves that Yeshua never existed so that there can not even be a claim to divinity, as there was no vessel.

Satan (as regards the type ordered by God) is not working anymore to conceal or delude or divert anymore! ONE team....there is no i in TEAM.

Satan was the hate and the anger that was left over in the soul that was crucified in the flesh on the cross.....that soul never knew it hated - because it loved individually - it blamed no one person not even God.....that was why it turned to rage but was not released - what to do with it?

Be mad at christianity! Not any more....doesn't make it true and correct as far as guiding one toward God, either....it isn't.

It was a means to an end, nothing more....and it ended so we can start anew!

God bless us ALL for only God is God and perfectly divine - the rest of us are in training!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by firebat
Jesus was clearly not the only Christ to walk the Earth.

Some excerpts from the free Book I mentioned:

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him."

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

It seems Christ disagrees with you.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by saint4God]

-------------------------------------------------------

"Those who are not faithful in this devotional service cannot attain Me. Therefore they return to the path of birth and death in this material world."

"Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be."

"Though engaged in all kinds of activities, My pure devotee, under My protection, reaches the eternal and imperishable abode by My grace."

It seems Krishna might disagree with you!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jade Bridge

Without a doubt. Thank you for reinforcing that Christ and krishna are not the same nor similar. We must all choose our alignment carefully.

pray, train, study, play,
God bless.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jade Bridge

Without a doubt. Thank you for reinforcing that Christ and krishna are not the same nor similar.

Au contraire, dear Saint4God...Christ does disagree...with the idea that Christ is not even similar to Krishna.

They are the EXACT SAME. Christ = Krishna.

That I got directly from the SOURCE. Christ = Krishna.

Linguistic differences and cultural variations must be overcome in order to attain understanding of what IS REAL.

We must all choose our alignment carefully.

No, just our words....just our SWORD.

God bless you!

shalom and namaste!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Au contraire, dear Saint4God...Christ does disagree...with the idea that Christ is not even similar to Krishna.

I've already quoted Jesus Christ states he is the one and only son of God. This is not what Krishna says.

They are the EXACT SAME. Christ = Krishna.

Enjoy your wordplay, let me know when you're interested in a serious discussion.

That I got directly from the SOURCE. Christ = Krishna.

Linguistic differences and cultural variations must be overcome in order to attain understanding of what IS REAL.

If you've read the Bhagavad Gita and the Bible, the differences should be clear.

No, just our words....just our SWORD.

And axe, as you said you wanted to take one of those against me. But, I will not arm myself so I guess you have an easy shot.

God bless you!

God bless you as well.

shalom

I'm curious if you really understand what this word means.

and namaste!

Your spirit and my spirit are not one. If they were, you'd got some real internal conflict issues. And, as I recall it, you'd called for separation of our fellowship in prayer. Now you'd like to merge again?

[edit on 27-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
It's quite possible that Christ made many visits to this planet... and there is evidence to support it:

Maurice Cotterell, a frequent Coast to Coast guest, used something called the stone of Palenque to decode 10 secret Mayan pictures related to Lord Pacal, a Mayan priest-king. After decoding these pictures, he found that not only was Pacal born via immaculate conception but he also died on a cross made of two pieces of wood. Even more interesting, when Pacal died he supposedly became the twin-star(planet) which would be Venus. This is the information he got from the decoded pictures. What are the odds? Who's to say that Lord Pacal was not another incarnation of the Christ-consciousness?

There's lots more info on his site... Very interesting stuff.

www.mauricecotterell.com...

[edit on 20-11-2006 by firebat]

hi. you have to remember that the mayan people worshiped the sun god. we know who the sun god is. lucifer. (the sun worship is in all religions to this day...of course replaces the son...any search can find this information and its connections all thru history...mostly starting at babylon) i wouldnt be surprised that lucifer would do something like this. always trying to be like something hes not.

i do agree with ya that there were many examples of the christ many times before the main man came to earth in the new testament. plenty of like stories of the savior in the old testament.

How do you counter the argument that these two historical figures both resembled Jesus Christ in extraordinary ways? Besides, the fact that the Bible says Christ was the only one, do you have any other sources to back that up? Any independent verification? Because it's not enough for me. If you have nothing else... then this discussion, as far as you and I are concerned, is over.

see above statement that i made. and even with all of these "false christs" i belive there will be another one called the antichrist that will fool even the elect. so much like christ that even the "christians" will be fooled....unless you know the truth. people can call themselves christians all day long...

[edit on 27-11-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud Yes but quite a few have written about bush and on many occasion ( some funnier than others - 'subliminabal messages' makes me laugh). You would think that someone other than matthew would notice the dead walking the streets of jerusalem.

They did and did write about it.
Some evidence please!

Originally posted by shihulud
These people had followers too as have many religious leaders and you dont consider their claim to divinity.

This is true, neither had either saved me from death. Nor did they show up to the party when I called. Thats nice, since you can call jesus at will have him come visit me. Do you have any camera footage of this momentous occassion???

but dont think that because this is your world view then it should be everyones especially when there is no corroborating evidence, only your subjective conviction.

There are evidences, they are there. We all have the choice to investigate them and accept or reject them. I repect each individual's right to choice and am grateful I have the same. I offer not a mere conviction, but also guidance for those seeking their evidence as well. I cannot give anyone my proof and expect them to believe (because they had not seen/heard/lived what I did) but I can help them obtain their own.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by saint4God]
I would love to see this evidence as all other evidence is either subjective or biased or just plain nonsense. And just as you can help people to your way of thinking, I help others to disregard your way of thinking and think for themselves using all the available evidence. We are the same in a sense, we feel that our ways have maximum benefit when we really know nothing at all - only what experience has taught us along the way.

G

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What a better day than today?
11-25-2006 = 2-5-7
(two-->perfecting grace-->divine perfection)

Really, whats your thinking on this one??? This one of YOUR explanations again , you know the ones that only you see and try and put across as being significant in some way??

G

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Enjoy your wordplay, let me know when you're interested in a serious discussion.

I always am....but you mistake serious thinking it means reality but reality to you is still divided.

If you've read the Bhagavad Gita and the Bible, the differences should be clear.

You didn't read what I typed. I got that directly from THE source.

And axe, as you said you wanted to take one of those against me. But, I will not arm myself so I guess you have an easy shot.

Not necessarily wanted to; have to. And I know you will not be armed...bring forth fruit by being rooted to the ONE root....otherwise be bared by the axe. IT doesn't hurt - it is a good thing, truly!

I'm curious if you really understand what this word means.

I don't use words I do not understand the meaning of. It eliminates having to eat things that are bitter later on....a lesson learned the hard way.

Your spirit and my spirit are not one.

Yes they are. You do not realize it, yet, but that doesn't change what IS.

If they were, you'd got some real internal conflict issues.

My dear, the internal conflict issues are, as they say, 'all in your head.'

But such divided ideas can not stand...nor do they manifest the kingdom:
for the kingdom of God is all-encompassing and is not divided.

Come in out of the cold, for St. Peter's sake!

And, as I recall it, you'd called for separation of our fellowship in prayer. Now you'd like to merge again?

I have merged. And you will, too. But not together; eachofus into the ONE.
ALL in ONE
not
twodivided.

I was fulfilling my vows of purity as regards the Nazi (branch of truth) vow I took according to the Nazarene priesthood.

If you truly have studied that, why don't you yet understand what purity means and why it was so crucial for all of US?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
hi. you have to remember that the mayan people worshiped the sun god. we know who the sun god is. lucifer.

Heliel? Quetzalcoatl? 'Lucifer' is not a real name in the host...matches are lucifers...fire and sulphur (brimstone).

The plumed serpent rose today in Peru! Now the snake can fly like an eagle!

USGS

i wouldnt be surprised that lucifer would do something like this. always trying to be like something hes not.

Lucifer is a 'she' not a 'he.'

LOVE and LIGHT!

Besides, the fact that the Bible says Christ was the only one, do you have any other sources to back that up?

Semantics....

CHRIST is ONE not the only one....but is united as ONE.

see above statement that i made. and even with all of these "false christs" i belive there will be another one called the antichrist that will fool even the elect. so much like christ that even the "christians" will be fooled....unless you know the truth. people can call themselves christians all day long...

And so they follow the 'antichrist' if they are making something that divides....

The antichrist is on the way out...or rather into the ONE....

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You would think that someone other than matthew would notice the dead walking the streets of jerusalem.

They did and did write about it.
Some evidence please!

Non-Matthew sources:

"So he replied to the messengers, "Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor."

"But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay."

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

"Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God."

"I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death..."

"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain."

Nevertheless, I'm fairly confident than no amount of writings, records or other people's evidences will be considered by yourself to be evidence in fact. I'd welcomed to be prove wrong, however if you're anything like I was, I needed to see for myself to believe.

I would love to see this evidence as all other evidence is either subjective or biased or just plain nonsense.

If you have a sincere interesting and willingness in doing so, feel free to U2U me and I'll do my best to help you obtain your own evidence.

And just as you can help people to your way of thinking,

This isn't MY way of thinking. Not at all. I had to conform my thinking to reality, not the other way around.

I help others to disregard your way of thinking

I help others to disregard my way of thinking as well, so you have no fight with me.

and think for themselves using all the available evidence.

Thinking is all well and good, but at some point the rubber needs to meet the road.

We are the same in a sense, we feel that our ways have maximum benefit when we really know nothing at all - only what experience has taught us along the way.

I'm not reliant solely upon experience. I do not need to touch the pot to know that its hot. Experience is a great teacher, but not as great as The Great Teacher.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You didn't read what I typed. I got that directly from THE source.

I'm not sure what source you use, but I listen to God who says differently.

Not necessarily wanted to; have to. And I know you will not be armed...bring forth fruit by being rooted to the ONE root....otherwise be bared by the axe. IT doesn't hurt - it is a good thing, truly!

Drink the kool-aid right? There's not really much more that needs to be said after this post other than I hope nobody becomes charmed into your executions.

I was fulfilling my vows of purity as regards the Nazi (branch of truth) vow I took...

Not even going there.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be--a christian.
Author: Mark Twain

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.
Author: George Bernard Shaw

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Author: Stephen Roberts

Fear prophets and those prepared to die for the truth, for as a rule they make many others die with them, often before them, at times instead of them.
Author: Umberto Eco

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dark Lord
If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be--a christian.
Author: Mark Twain

Why would Christ follow himself?
How did Christ teach the disciples to pray?

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.
Author: George Bernard Shaw

Anyone who has studied more than one religion would know differently.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Author: Stephen Roberts

The dictionary says otherwise. See "theist". You cannot be an a-anything if there isn't something to begin with.

www.m-w.com...

Fear prophets and those prepared to die for the truth, for as a rule they make many others die with them, often before them, at times instead of them.
Author: Umberto Eco

I am prepared to die for the Truth but would never send anyone in my place nor would want anyone to come along. Are others to still fear me?

Interesting quotes. Do you have any wise sayings?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
National Geographic has a documentary on at the moment called "Secret Bible".

The info on the programme simply says, "Rivals of Jesus - There was more than one Messiah and just like Jesus the others were said to heal the sick and raise the dead and were called the sons of God, so why were they forgotten?"

Here is a couple who claimed to be the Messiah:
Moses of Crete; A 5th Century Self styled Messiah. He convinced many Jews in Crete that their deliverance was at hand. He then led them to a precipice overlooking he Mediterranean. HE told them that the sea would part for them. Many obeyed, plunging into a sea that was not inclined to part. A great many drowned; some were rescued by sailors and fishermen.

Simeon Bar Kokhba: Sometime around 132 CE he appears in command of a large army. HE promises to end the oppression of the Roman Army. He failed and Hundreds of thousands of his followers died with him.

and the list goes on and on.....

For a very detailed list check this out: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ANother one who claimed to be the MEssiah was Theudas.
Somewhere between 44 & 46 CE he claimed to be the annointed of God, sent to deliver the Jews.
He persuaded many to take their belongings and follow him to the Jordan. He claimed that he would part the Jordan and lead them into the wilderness.

HE met his deat at the hands of Fadus the procurator of Judea.
Theudas was captured and beheaded. His noggin was sent back to Jerusalem, no doubt as a warning to any who were inclided to lead a similiar rebellion.

This info was gleaned from this site: www.livius.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

hi. you have to remember that the mayan people worshiped the sun god. we know who the sun god is. lucifer. (the sun worship is in all religions to this day...of course replaces the son...any search can find this information and its connections all thru history...mostly starting at babylon) i wouldnt be surprised that lucifer would do something like this. always trying to be like something hes not.

That about sums it up. Sun worship all over the earth. Same story different verse.

From Osiris to the land of the rising sun. The lie tat covers the earth. Babylon the hammer os the earth.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Who were the other Messiahs?

Did not Christ say:

Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here he is!' Do not go running off after them.

Brothers in Christ...Listen to yourselves. Did he not say he was in all of us?

Then Jesus said, "If any person wants to follow me, he must say 'No' to the things he wants. That person must accept the cross (suffering) that is given to him, and he must follow me.

We each have our own strengths. Jesus Christ is the master under the Father, and is the path and that way.

So...when you ask who were the other Messiahs? Undertake your path on your own accord. The path may be lonely, but endure. He will come to you in your time of need.

For the Hardest Steel is forged of extremes...

Take his teachings..and light the way for others. Be a Beacon for Right!

Help your fellow man. In doing so..you honor Christ, and in Honoring Christ. When you make change in the way of Christ, your carrying your cross for Christ.

You see...in the Long run..if we all act as Christ, and propogate peace and good will to men...eventually do we not redeem the Jews?

Peace starts with you and me. Man to man, one another to another. Around the Globe it goes...

And if done Right, the world adopts peace, unity and harmony.
Ways for all men, rather then a select few.

Let their be Peace

[edit on 26-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We're doing our best HIFIGUY, and I don't see any issue among believers. Rather, there are refutings from unbelievers that are being addressed here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join