It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were the other Messiahs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
But we have NOT established that Jesus Christ was THE only Christ... we have only your biased source to make that claim.

This is incorrect. YOU have not established that Jesus Christ is the only Christ. I have. And, as I've said there are many sources you can use to verify.

How do you counter the argument that these two historical figures both resembled Jesus Christ in extraordinary ways?

This was not your claim. Your claim was that there were many christs. This is what I addressed. In addition, your claim did not provide documention. Only "books for sale".

Besides, the fact that the Bible says Christ was the only one, do you have any other sources to back that up? Any independent verification?

Already stated, you can ignore it if you wish.

Because it's not enough for me.

I didn't think it would be.

If you have nothing else... then this discussion, as far as you and I are concerned, is over.

That's up to you friend. I'm always willing to help others obtain their verification should they have sincere interest to do so.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

But we have NOT established that Jesus Christ was THE only Christ... we have only your biased source to make that claim.

This is incorrect. YOU have not established that Jesus Christ is the only Christ. I have. And, as I've said there are many sources you can use to verify.

For the record:

Now that we've established there's only one...

WE... as in YOU and I... have not established that there's only one Christ.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My apologies then, I thought you were on-board as it's pretty clearly stated. It wasn't until you'd stated otherwise that I realized it was no longer a we, but an I. I then carried forward with the I instead of we, but you cannot discount me with your we if I'm still on-board.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My apologies then, I thought you were on-board as it's pretty clearly stated. It wasn't until you'd stated otherwise that I realized it was no longer a we, but an I. I then carried forward with the I instead of we, but you cannot discount me with your we if I'm still on-board.

We implies 'You and I'...

YOU and I, together, have not established that Jesus was the only Christ. Therefore, WE have not established that Jesus was the only Christ. You have established, for yourself, that he is.... but you have not convinced me. Therefore, it is not an established fact for me. And that means that WE haven't established it. You, and only you, have established the premise. That is it.

Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

We implies 'You and I'...

YOU and I, together, have not established that Jesus was the only Christ. Therefore, WE have not established that Jesus was the only Christ. You have established, for yourself, that he is.... but you have not convinced me. Therefore, it is not an established fact for me. And that means that WE haven't established it. You, and only you, have established the premise. That is it.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Gotcha, I'm down with that. Looked like there was a presumption that I hadn't made that establishment. So...it hasn't been established by both of us (rather one of us) that Christ is the one and only christ, even though it is a matter of recorded and personal proof (at least for me). Why do I have that establishment if we both have access to the same Book? I'm not special, different, more knowledgeable, more intelligent, more anything. I'd say then it's on that personal validation that each of us is responsible for obtaining. God being personal (as well as public as demonstrated by scripture), does have a way of addressing this. This instruction comes from none other than the Christ himself. The instruction is the message...for which he is the Messiah.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Additionally...

There are other connections between the Biblical Christ and other Christ-figures from around the world. Hinduism's Krishna and Christ share many similarities.... they were both born from miracles. Both of their births were foretold. Christ was depicted a shepherd and Krishna a cow-herder. The word Krishna in Greek is "Christos."

Jesus was clearly not the only Christ to walk the Earth.
There are more than 28 'godmen' that share similarities with jesus, Horus being one with the most. And thats not including the so called messiahs that were around at the time. BTW I have read Cotterell and he has some interesting information

If it were the truth about God and eternity, he wouldn't be concerned with trivial matters such as making money off of it.
And the church isn't one of the wealthiest organisations on th planet?????? Look at your televangelists (those people should be fed to the lions)

in scrutinizing my posts and sources because they are not the Bible.

I've expressed that I cannot see the information you're talking about because I have to pay a few hundred pounds to get these "secrets"

And how much money have you ploughed into your religion? To get your 'secrets'!!!

That is not an independent source that can objectively verify your claim.

They are available, but are less accurate. Tacitus and Josephus also support as well as others. Bearing in mind also that the Bible is a collection of independent sources at that time, not a single book.

Lets see!!! Josephus's comments on jesus are more likely to be fraudulent as there is really no mention of it until then end of the 3rd century, even christian writers made no mention of it!!! Tacitus mentions only 'chrestus', no jesus in there. He also states that Pilate was a procurator not a prefect as mentioned elsewhere. I'll go on - Pliny mentions 'christus and 'excessive superstition'; Seutonius mentions 'chrestus' and is talking of of a riot that happened abot 20 years after the supposed death of jesus. As such NO mention of jesus is recorded historically anywhere bar the bible. To go further - there even is no mention of jesus and his miracles etc from contempory writers of the time, No mention of the thousands of people that were supposed to follow him, No mention of the dead walking the streets of jerusalem or earthquakes or darkening of the sky when supposed jesus died. I could go on and on.

If you have nothing else... then this discussion, as far as you and I are concerned, is over.

That's up to you friend. I'm always willing to help others obtain their verification should they have sincere interest to do so.
As I have shown your verifiable evidence is not evidence at all and should not be used as such.

How do you counter the argument that these two historical figures both resembled Jesus Christ in extraordinary ways?

This was not your claim. Your claim was that there were many christs. This is what I addressed. In addition, your claim did not provide documention. Only "books for sale".
There were many christs if you would care to do a little bit of research and jesus wasn't even the last of them. And just to interject that you have provided no evidence either to your claim.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

omniscients need not bother their righteous little minds with it. You just keep your ignorant faces stuck in your bibles.

That wasn't nice.

Question for all here .... A while back my husband and I heard reference to some books that were around BEFORE the bible. They had the creation story and the Noah story, and the Jews/Christians referenced those stories for their own books FROM these prior books.

Does anyone know about those?

edited for spelling

[edit on 11/20/2006 by FlyersFan]
All early cultures had a creation story some of which resembles the biblical story - sumerians, akkadians, egyptians, mayans, incans to name but a few. Do a google search on creation myths to find out more.

G

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
shihulud....

In the interest of developing this thread, maybe you could share what you know about these other 'godmen'? You're obviously more knowledgeable than myself on the subject... all I have to go on is a basic world religions course I took in college.

What can you tell us about Horus and his connection to Christ? (One and the same?)

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There is a new messiah about every 2,000 years as I understand it. Every astrological age bring a new Messiah. Each one opens a new chakra and we are on the last one, the crown chakra and may be on our way to ascension, or at least some of us.

According to him these ages are "determined by the equinox precession, were shown to last approximately two thousand years and they were called by the name of the sign of the zodiac crossed during the interval. For each and every age there corresponded an aeon, i.e. the revealing of a new divine attribute by the incarnation of a new avatar.

Here are some of the ages and the Messiah that was at the beginning of each.

The Age of Gemini

The Age of Gemini (c.6000 - c.4000) corresponded to the flourishing period of early Hinduism. It was under this sign that Rama, the seventh incarnation of Vishnu was manifested by the birth of the two pair of brothers: Rama and Lakshmana on the one hand, Satrughna and Bharata on the other. Rama Himself had twin sons: Lav and Kush (in harmony with the name of the constellation where the Sun was at that time.) Lav went to Russia from this we get the name of Slav. The other son, Kush went to China, hence we get the name Kushan. These two divine principles were also incarnated as Buddha and Mahavira, then as Adi Shankaracharya and Gnyaneshwara. In other Avatars they were Hassan and Hussein the sons of Fatima and Hazrat Ali . . . Rama incarnated during the Treta Yuga when the fourth chakra (Adi Anahathh) was opened in Virata. Anahathh is an important centre of the human being since it is here (on the left side, at the heart level) where the individual Spirit or the Self resides. "For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be" Jesus said (Luke 12:34.)

The Age of Taurus

The Age of Taurus (c.4000 - c.2000 B.C.). The aeon governing this age was Krishna, the eight Avatar, the Lord of the cows (Govinda.) The age stayed under the sign of the bull (Apis, or sacred bull Mnevis of Helipolis, identified to Ra), of the holy cow (Hathor in Egypt, surahbhi or Kamadhenu in India or may be worshipped in many spiritual cultures), or the golden calf in the polytheistic beliefs (see Exodus 32:4), preceding the Judaic monotheism. Krishna was said to have lived at the end of Dvapara Yuga (Encyclopaedia Universalis, Paris 1968, vol. 9, p.711) considered by some to have ended in the year 3102 B.C. (Zimmer, quoted work.) According to tradition, Krishna lived in the fourth millennium B.C. (La grande encyclopedie, H. Lamirault et Co., Paris, vol. 21, p.647.) During his time the fifth chakra (Adi Vishuddhi) of the Cosmic Being was enlightened.

The Age of Aries

The Age of Aries (c.2000 - 1 B.C.) was characterized by the establishment of the monotheistic Judaism through great spiritual personalities like Abraham (19th century B.C.) and Moses (13th century B.C.). Generally, this period was dominated by the manifestation of the universal principle of the spiritual master (Adi Guru Dattatreya.) Indeed, before the Christian era, Zarathustra incarnated (7th or 6th or even 10th century according to some opinions), Confucius and Lao-Tse (6th century), Socrates (5th century), alongside with the two great Jewish prophets (see chapt. X.) The symbol of the ram (or the Passover lamb) appeared as an object of sacrifice instead of worship, as a reaction against the belief of the previous age. That could be illustrated by the cult of Mithra who stabbed the mythological bull.

The Age of Pisces

The Age of Pisces (A.D. 1 - c.2000) during which Christianity appeared and spread out. The fish was known to have been the secret sign used by the early Christians to identify each other. The Greek word Ichtus (=fish) was made up of the following phrase capitals (acrostic): Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter (=Jesus Christ Son of God, the Saviour.) In Hinduism it was also the symbol of the Saviour (Vishnu's first incarnation in the shape of a fish saved Manu from the flood)...

Similar to Mahavishnu, Jesus represented the ninth Avatar, who opened the Agnya chakra within the Cosmic Being. The reflection of this chakra at the microcosmic human level is situated in the centre of the forehead where the left channel (Ida nadi) and the right channel (Pingala nadi) form a subtle crossing. From an anatomical point of view, this is the place of:

* i) the chiasma opticalis (optical nerve crossing), corresponding to the anterior aspect of the chakra (front Agnya);

* ii) the decussatio pyramidum (crossing of the motor nuclei fibres of the spinal nerves for the upper limb and upper trunk and for the lower limb and lower trunk respectively), corresponding to the posterior aspect of the chakra (back Agnya.)

The three channels cross at the Agnya which represents the most narrow way for the Kundalini to pass through. It is the "narrow gate" that Jesus said about: "Strive with earnestness to enter through the narrow door, for many, I say, will seek to enter and will not be able" (Luke 13:24.) "Enter through the narrow gate" (Matthew 7:13.) Jesus revealed Himself as the Master of the Agnya chakra: "I am the door; if any one enter in by Me, he shall be saved" (John 10.9.) He will be saved because he will be able to reach the end, of the spiritual ascent, Sahasrara (the Kingdom of Heavens the synthesis of all chakras, where the individual Spirit joins with the Universal Spirit - God.)

The Mahabharata (14.2784) says that the gate of heaven is very small and narrow. It cannot be seen by those without any sense and blinded by the vain illusions of this world. Even those who can see well, who see the way and want to enter, will find the door locked and hard to open. Its heavy bolts are pride, lust, greed and debauchery. Jesus said to the Pharisees: "The kingdom of God does not come with observation" (Luke 17:20.) Schmemaan wrote: "For the early Christians the all-encompassing reality and the terrific newness of their belief was precisely that the Kingdom had drawn near and though unseen, it had already been there, among the people, illuminating and working in the world."

The Agnya chakra controls mental processes. Maitrayana Upanishad says (6:34) that the thoughts are the only cause of the cycle of birth and death; man, therefore should endeavour to purify his thoughts. A man is what he thinks: this is the ancient secret. The same idea was expressed by Guatama Buddha in the first line of the Dhammapada: All that we are is the result of what we have thought, is based on our thoughts, and made out of our thoughts. That is why Yogis attach such a great importance to thought detachment and getting into the "thoughtless awareness" or Nirvichara Samadhi; the real state of meditation enabling the union (Yoga.)

The Age Of Aquarius

The Age of Aquarius (c.2000 ) starts at the dawn of Satya Yuga. The beginning of this age was estimated by various calculations around the year 2000. Some astrologers believe that mankind will step out of the mystical age of Pisces right into the luminous age of Aquarius between 2000 and 2050, which means the end of superstitions and of dogmatic religions (apud Bruno Wurtz.) It is not without interest to go back to the Ahmadiya Movement of Islam speaking about Mahdi's appearance on the Earth. We shall quote here Gibb and Kramer (Shorter Encyclopaedia of Islam, p.24): "To believe in His as the Second or the Promised Messiah is an article of faith, because first of all His coming early in the 14th century of the Hidjra was predicted by Muhammad." Or, Hidjra (Hegira), the starting point of the Muhammadan period was the 20th of September, 622 and that gives us the date close to the end of the year 1922 maybe the beginning of the year 1923 for the start of the new era.

I think that there have been many messiah, not like how National Geographic depicted it, but through the ages evolving the soul of man. I feel that the Age of Aquarious is upon us and this is creating great turmoil around the world. It will take time to come to terms with this new energy, and also the new Messiah that will bring our Crown Chakra into fruitation. A dear friend that posts here on this forum told me she thinks it began September 23 2006 it was a Friday. I think she may be right because of some events that happend to myself and my family that weekend.

Just my humble opinion.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
For starters: There was no Jesus Christ.

The letter J was invented in 1520, by the French. There is no J in the Hebrew alphabet.

They don't call themselves Jews in Hebrew or Aramaic. They are the Yehudim ( plural of Yehudi ).

Let's break it down:

J: No. Y. The Greeks - first European and Gentile nation to convert - didn't have a Y. They substituted I for Y.

E: Yes, but: the other pronunciation. "Eh" as in get.

S: No. The Hebrew and Aramaic language have an S sound, but it isn't used much. SH, as in shibboleth.

US. No. The Romans conquered the Greeks, then adopted much of Greek culture. Greeks append "os" to names. Stavros Demetrios Niarchos. The Romans liked the sound of "us" better. Augustus Julius Caesarus. They altered the names of three biblical figures to the Roman form:

Moishe became Moses.

? became Lazarus

Yeshua ( Hebrew ) AKA Yehoshua ( Aramaic ) became Jesus in English, or "Haysoos" in Spanish. Which is closer to the true and proper pronunciation.

There were 17 Yeshuas or Yehoshuas in the Bible. The others got translated as Joshua and Jehoshua.

Yehoshua means "Beloved of Yehu". Yehu is the name of God that got mangled into Jehovah by translators.

Christ: Greek word, meaning Anointed. Many people were anointed. Ergo, many Christs.

Christ in Greek starts with the Greek letter CHI. Chi looks like this:

X

So people who abbreviate the upcoming holiday XMAS make it "CHI-mas", not "EX-mas".

There were 16 DRGs ( Dying Rising Gods ) before Yehoshua bar Yusuf. There may be more, I only know of 16.

Dionysius, Osiris, Bacchus, Horus, Lord Krishna, all born on December 25, all died and resurrected after 3 days in the spring.

I don't have my reference material with me - I travel so much in my job, I take vacation to go home. Here is where you will find more information:

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold
www.amazon.com...=8-1/qid=1164083707/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled
www.amazon.com...=8-2/qid=1164083707/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

The Mythmaker: Paul And the Invention Of Christianity
www.amazon.com...=1-1/qid=1164083954/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

Asimov's Guide to the Bible: The Old and New Testaments
www.amazon.com...=1-4/qid=1164084003/ref=sr_1_4/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

There are somewhere between 450,000 and a million words in the English language. There are 55,000 words in the Hebrew language. English speaking people have the ability to be very precise, although few are. The Hebrew language is not capable of the great precision of English. Those confused individuals who believe that the Bible was translated from Hebrew and Aramaic to Greek, then Latin, then English, inerrantly, invariably do not know this.

Everybody and his dog got leprosy in the Old Testament. You would think it was as common as the common cold.

There was a Hebrew word that meant "Disease which shows up as a skin problem". Could be measles, acne, chicken pox, or leprosy. The inerrant translators chose to translate it as the worst possible case, leprosy.

There were 143 historians active at or near the time of Christ. Not one mentioned Him. There is a mention in "The Jerusalem Wars" by Flavius Josephus, but it obviously an insertion. It clashes with the pace, tone and style of the original.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, not to stop all the heated debate - but when one is speaking of the almighty, anger shouldn't be within him/her. At least thats my opinion.

To FlyersFan, as mentioned above there have been many stories that were lifted from other mytho's to put into the bible. Horus, Mithra(sp?), and others all share similar stories. This has lead some to beleive that the bible is really just a retelling, and while the names natures may change the underlying message is still there. At least if there ever truly was a message in the first place.

For the record, I doubt the standard christian theory. They themselfs have proven it false with every action they have done since it's inception. If Yeshua was really the son of God he would likely be shamed by many of his followers. Wasn't it he that said "You'll be known by your friuts"? His friuts are some of the most vile, and vicious horrdes ever to walk this planet. Not all, but enough to cast doubt on all.

To Saint4God, How can you possibly say the Yeshua was the only son of God? Wasn't it thought that he himself was the reincarnation of Ellias, and as such would not he also be the Son of God, also, wouldn't that mean that reiencarnation is correct, and this final judgement after only one life as per the doctrine is false?

Besides, as far as I can tell, we are all sons and daughters of God, even though we may not always act like it.

Peace be upon you all.
Until next time I'm still
Waiting2awake

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Some things got shaved out of that post:

Asimov's Guide to the Bible: The Old and New Testaments (2Vols. in One)
www.amazon.com...=1-4/qid=1164084003/ref=sr_1_4/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled
www.amazon.com...=8-2/qid=1164083707/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-5441632-8963269?ie=UTF8&s=books

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Waiting2awake:

An alternate way to see history:

I am a prolific reader, but I didn't encounter this word until I was 38:

Exegesis. An action performed by an exegete. An explanation of a difficult to comprehend portion of a holy book. Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah and Revelations. The exegete reads from one of the above incomprehensible books, then tells his audience "What God meant to say was..."

Much of the carnage in history was caused by Christians battling Christians over differing interpretations of Gods Word. It's one thing if your neighbor worships a different God. Or if both of your neighbors worship the same different God in different ways - there can be no right way to worship the wrong God.

But worship my God in a different way than I do - you heathen heretic! You are telling lies about God!

Many wars were fought between people who believe in the same God, and won't tolerate any interpretation of Gods Word but their own. More precisely, that of their exegete. the wars are based in peoples belief in and loyalty to their exegete, not their God.

there is a story that goes something like this: Early settlers gave an Iriquois chief a copy of the Bible. He read it, or part of it. Then he gave it back, saying "It seems to be an excellent book. You would be better people if you followed the advice in it".

Seems like he got the meaning of the book.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Xenu can you edit you URLS so they do not ruin this page of the thread?

It sucks that ATS does this but it is easy to edit, just make the first thing ou type into
the URL window is a word like link

Than you.

If Xenu doesnt want to fix this thread will a mod please fix it?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
None of the other "Messiahs" were remembered because they were not the true messiah.

God glorified the true messiah, Jesus Christ.

If you want to say that Jesus is not the true messiah or he didn't exist, be my guest.

I have faith in the father that what he has revealed is true.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

If you want to say that Jesus is not the true messiah or he didn't exist, be my guest.

Not sure that's the main argument being made here...

That's fine... just don't expect to contribute to a discussion on the subject if all you're relying on is your faith. This is not a faith-based discussion, this is a discussion on the historical existence of the many incarnations of Christ. If you don't believe there are any.... fine. Just don't expect anyone to concede any of their arguments just because you BELIEVE there was only one. That's the weakest argument you could come up with, short of not posting at all; i.e. "I'm right, you're wrong and it really doesn't matter what you say." When you approach these topics with that kind of attitude, why even bother posting?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It has been many messiahs before Jesus, but like many already said in the post it didn't got the help of having the right, time and a willing crowd to make it stick.

Still Jesus Never fulfilled the Jewish messiah requirements to be the expected Saviour.

And everything surrounding the existences of Jesus is only speculation and only found in the bible.

And like anything in this world the bible is a book written by many, many people through a span of centuries put together at the end by . . . yes men themselves on a mission of spreading a new religion with jewish roots.

But yes it was many messiahs and many of the stories of the early messiahs were added for enhancement to the Jesus story.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
And the church isn't one of the wealthiest organisations on th planet??????

The one I go to is a non-profit organization. Erego, no.

Look at your televangelists

They're not my televangelists. I don't like watching tv most of the time.

(those people should be fed to the lions)

Nobody should be fed to the lions. I hope no-one judges you in the same way.

And how much money have you ploughed into your religion? To get your 'secrets'!!!

Got a pencil? Here's the math. $0.00 . And, as I've said whilst it is repeatedly ignored, I'm willing to pay the cost to give it to others. I hold no secrets about God. It is a free gift He gives, and I'd love other people to have it too.

Lets see!!! Josephus's comments on jesus are more likely to be fraudulent

I wasn't asked to verify the sources, I was asked to provide them. I'd like the reader to read them and make a determination. People don't need to be spoonfed.

Tacitus mentions only 'chrestus', no jesus in there.

What does 'chrestus' mean?

I'll go on - Pliny mentions 'christus and 'excessive superstition'; Seutonius mentions 'chrestus' and is talking of of a riot that happened abot 20 years after the supposed death of jesus.

Very good, let those who would like to research it put two and two together then. There was a riot for no reason? These writings of 'christus' were written around the time of Jesus? How many "coincidences" have to occur before they are no longer coincidence?

As such NO mention of jesus is recorded historically anywhere bar the bible.

The Bible is a "multi-source" itself.

To go further - there even is no mention of jesus and his miracles etc from contempory writers of the time, No mention of the thousands of people that were supposed to follow him,

Clearly there were "supposed followers" else there'd be NO writings and all. And, the growth started there to the numbers there are today.

No mention of the dead walking the streets of jerusalem or earthquakes or darkening of the sky when supposed jesus died. I could go on and on.

Me too.

There were many christs if you would care to do a little bit of research and jesus wasn't even the last of them. And just to interject that you have provided no evidence either to your claim.

It is documented there are anti-christs. Being that Christ says he's the one and only son of God, then the others would have to be anti-that.

All early cultures had a creation story

Not all.

some of which resembles the biblical story - sumerians, akkadians, egyptians, mayans, incans to name but a few. Do a google search on creation myths to find out more.

G

Gee, you're a help. Can I use the "go look it up" line too?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2awake
To Saint4God, How can you possibly say the Yeshua was the only son of God?

Like this "Yeshua was the only son of God".

Wasn't it thought that he himself was the reincarnation of Ellias,

Many things were thought, few things were correct.

and as such would not he also be the Son of God, also, wouldn't that mean that reiencarnation is correct, and this final judgement after only one life as per the doctrine is false?

Yeshua did not teach reincarnation, rather judgement.

Besides, as far as I can tell, we are all sons and daughters of God, even though we may not always act like it.

The verse says "For God so love the world that he gave His one and only son..." I'm not sure how much more clear one can be about "one and only". You and I aren't christs, sorry to disappoint.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
None of the other "Messiahs" were remembered because they were not the true messiah.

God glorified the true messiah, Jesus Christ.

Now you cant get any more close minded than this. How do you know there were not true messiahs?... you have proof. What kind of God is your God who only glorifies Jesus Christ but not Muhammad (example)? Doesnt your God love/glorify all? Arent Jesus and Muhammad both the creation of God? Why does your God love one more than the other? Dont you think your God is being racist?

you are not acting upon the name you carry (humble one). Looks like the lessons of Jesus Christ have not soaked in with you yet. For he loved all no matter what.

That is why people make me sick. What makes you think that ONE is better than the other? Does God love you more than me for you follow the bible and i the koran?
One day you all will understand - love all

[edit on 21-11-2006 by theTRUTHtheWAY]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
That is why people make me sick. What makes you think that ONE is better than the other? Does God love you more than me for you follow the bible and i the koran?
One day you all will understand - love all

How ironic that being one with your username you'd overlook "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Except through who?

"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber." - John 10:1

This message from the one Christ, the Messiah, is given out of love because he cares about us entering that gate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join