It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is terrorism, causing American outrage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Look, obviously people get sick of hearing the same stuff over and over, fair enough. and I know I am guilty of doing this, fair be it.

But... you don’t get the international view.

You turn on the news and see daily reports of murders of fathers and sons, women and children being blown up.. American solders being investigated for Raping and murdering or torturing.

You see sewage running down the streets, with dogs chewing on carcasses.. shops boarded up... people starving, thirsty and without power.

Then you see President Bush, standing front and centre with that smirk on his face, denying the obvious truth... while spouting rhetoric to further his position.

Saying the same lies, over and over, and over, and over..
its a Brocken record... its a setup..
the questions he is asked, the answers he gives.. its an absolute farce.
I just shake my head and cannot believe we as people are standing for this.

I then shake my head at people who say TERRORISM is causing all the issues...
Terrorism is not making your president do these things.

Innocent people, families.. men and women who have lived for 30yrs are being forced from their homes, are being shot at, blown up.. kidnapped, raped, murdered and tortured...

why?

Because GW Felt Iraq was a threat.

Now .. fair enough.
If Iraq was a threat.. then.. collateral damage would be understandable.

But where was the threat?

Think people, he said over and over and over and over that they had a plethora of EVIDENCE that Iraq was a threat to the USA.

It turned out there was no threat what so ever.

So they lied to you, they had NO EVIDENCE what so ever.. How do you have evidence of something that DOESNT EXIST?

No with this in mind, i go back to the news and look at that poor Iraq mother... alone.. widowed.. covered in blood screaming for her son who's buried under a pile of rubble the Americans felt necessary to bomb.

I ask myself.. what did this women do... what did her COUNTRY do.. for them to receive this sort of action?

Did they hit nyc on 911?
No.
Did they threaten American?
No.

This women now, her entire life is over..

it doesn’t matter she's one of the 'living' statistics.. her life is ruined.. why would you want to live.. after losing everyone, everything.. then being alone.. in this war torn, savage hell hole...

Then, the Americans... decide to BLAME her.. when she attacks the men that killed her family.. for no reason.. she is now a TERRORISTS..

tell me where is the logic?

Why do people expect me to speak positively about a nation that commits such atrocities?

Do I like AMERICA? yes.. its a lovely country and for most the people I met are wonderful. You guys really are the worlds best chance at happiness...

But your government?
Jesus... all this suffering, all this pain, agony and misery... for what?

So Halliburton can make more money?
So GW Bush SNR can become rich of military spending?
So GW Can receive higher ratings?

You want me to like your nation, and stop my efforts at showing the world the REAL USA?

People are going to criticize you for the rest of your days because of this..

you've totally ruined a country, ruined hundreds of thousands of lives... for what? money!

IF you don’t like people constantly ridiculing America, then grow some balls, stand up... remove this regime that has hijacked your country for gods sake.

Look at all the new laws being put in place?
look at all the evidence coming out of how they KNEW SEPT11 was coming..

I cant believe YOUR NOT criticizing your country..

they sacrificed 3000 of your OWN citizens to get into IRAQ... and now they have totally ruined that country

Every time someone has a go at me for criticizing America it gives me more resolve, because obviously you guys just don’t understand the hatred your country is CREATING FOR ITSELF in this region.

I haven’t posted on this website for a few weeks now, especially in the American sections..

so stop generalizing and saying i post hatred daily.

I got sick of people shouting at me simply because I post my opinion.
so you don’t like it.. big deal.... at least your ABLE to view your opinion, and able to debate this.

thousands of people lost their lives... they cant tell you the truth in Iraq.
thousand of people have lost their families and are homeless... they cant get online and tell you the truth can they.
thousands of your own citizens are being forced to forget their morals and values and murder people, they are being forced to hide the truth?
Does this sound liek the actions of people involved in a JUSTIFIED, and LEGAL CONFLICT?

You should be thankful that their are people out there, willing to face all this anger, willing to face all the crap and willing to tell you how it really is.

Damn you for telling people to stop expressing their opinions.
I hope you get bent on everything I say because maybe, juts maybe it will sit in your mind and you will dwell on it, you will think over and over again how in 6 years your country went from the most loved, and respected nation... to the country everyone loves to hate...

that didn’t happen because of the terrorists you know.

I’m sorry for this rant but it pains me so much to see so many decent hearted Americans, blindly follow this illegal campaign in the name of PATRIOTISM!

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's simple really.Most-and i don't mean all Americans blindly follow what their government says.They believe that Saddam Hussein,not the Saudi's caused 9/11.These people care more about the football scores or the latest tip on how to hotrod their tractor than they do about their personal rights and freedoms that are slowly being eroded by their government.That is what is very sad about all this.If people knew how both parties voted on issues and who voted for what,the political landscape would be very different right now.Last but not least,most-but not all americans don't really give a damn about what happens in some other part of the world.Just as long as it doesn't happen in their town N.I.M.B.Y. Not In My Back Yard

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
These people care more about the football scores or the latest tip on how to hotrod their tractor than they do about their personal rights and freedoms that are slowly being eroded by their government.

We're not citzens anymore; we're all consumers now.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
maybe america is outraged because of the second major act of aggression on american soil since pearl harbor

it may not have been military, but it was an attack

civilians in the USA haven't really experienced war firsthand

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
maybe america is outraged because of the second major act of aggression on american soil since pearl harbor

it may not have been military, but it was an attack

civilians in the USA haven't really experienced war firsthand

Have we forgotten the revolutionary war? Or were you referring to recent civillians?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Agit correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you british? Anyhow you are correct your entitled to your opinion but you might be running into resistance because of the way you go about critizing us. Issueing marching orders to a nation thats not your own might not be the best way to gain support from a proud people. There are more tactile ways of going about things.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well they have been milking terrorists forever now....

What terrorists? the ones they say exists?

On cnn they said a terrorist is someone who inflicts constant fear on the people to a point where they can't function on a daily bassis... well according to cnn, CNN is the biggest terrorists of them all...

In my opinion the boggie man is more real then the terrorist myth.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
while i agree with the OP, the same question goes for Brittain. Last i checked,Blair went right in with us. Now both countries are in this mess together,just like a good husband and wife should be

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

In my opinion the boggie man is more real then the terrorist myth.

Hey funny enough this is round about the exact thing that the Extremist Mullahs say to there students right before adding ....

" Once you detinate the 6 pounds of C4 strapped to your chest and destroy 30 evil Men, Women and Children out shopping for food you will wisked away to Allah to have you virginity serviced for eternity by 30 blonde Virgins, Allāhu Akbar !!."

May Peace Be with You, Denyer, apologist dude.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
BECAUSE IT IS THE GOAL OF THE ILLUMINATI!!

No duh!! It has been since 1776! The Illuminati rule by fear!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Jackjuice,
Im not british, I am a Kiwi... well half kiwi half maori.

Im not making any do anything... accept read my view, and think about it.
I thank all of you that have replied becuase for once, there isnt any abuse flying here, not -antiamerican/antislander crap happening.

People need to understand its not america.......

IF it was ... japan invading... spain based on a big ball of lies.. id be here spouting about the lies of japan, and how the government is a curropt entity murdering thousands..

but its not...

Its America....

Im sure if it was happenin in Japan, you'd be hard pressed to find a japanese citizen abusing people who didnt follow theyre government.. they'd all be up in arms.

What shocks me, is there are americans who prefer to slander and attack posters for expressing negative views of america, when its america out there murdering and maiming.

Americans the country of peace, of liberty, freedom... free speech...

your countris not about invading, occupying, murdering and lying...
why are american citizens so quick to jump on this band wagon?

And in regards to pearl harbour comment.

your right, this was the first time in this generations history they have been attacked.

But what did America do in retaliation?

They hit the Alliance of Germany and Japan, whom happened to be invading, occupying and murdering other nations...

they didnt go and invade india did they.. they hit the people whom hit them.. and the ones whom were standing next to them..

911 wasnt a surprise attack, you gotta understand this.
there was ample intellegence, evidence and suspicion about what was coming.
Why do you think they were moving that gold from the WTC?

They decide to remove the gold, rather than the citizens..

Bush and Co were willing to allow a foreign group of rag tag militia murder 3000 of your citizens, in your own backyard.

jsut so they could have the excuse to hit them back....

It might not be my country, correct.

but this is my brothren... my fellow man being attacked by your country.
I dont look at it in race, colour, religion or anything.

this is a human being, a person.. with feelings, who wants to love... be happy.. watch his childerends grow up...
its this persons life being taken away, because the American government WANTS it to be this way.

Why do I have to be american or iraqi to be against this illegial war?

cant I feel sorrow for my fellow man ?
cant i feel sorry for my fellow man without being attacked by people who obviously follow this blood thirsty elite?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
IF the 2000 election HADNT of been stolen...

the administration of that day would of listen to warnings and would of stopped the attacks.
the world wouldnt be in this mess in iraq.
there wouldnt be so much hatred for america in the middle east.
new orleans would of been properly loookd after

and the american constitution and bill of rights would still apply in all their glory.

You'd be focusing on the enviroment, on ways to preserve our planet, instaed of ways to preserve the income iraq is making for the coprorate elite.

with every thing that has happened since GW lobbied for the presidency in 1999...
what exactly has gone RIGHT.. and been for the bettter-ment of the american people?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Agit, i'm not suprised in the least that you get personal attacks when you go on rants such as these. First and foremost do not support your opinions with speculation. Using unprovable rhetoric such that the goverment planned or allowed 911 to happen will get you know where, unless your in the 911 forum. Believe me there are plenty of provable facts available to support your critism and opinion, use em.

Yes, there were plenty of blunders by the administration that have screwed up any potential success in Iraq, but the mid term elections showed us that the US wants some change and i believe your going to see a much more humble president.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Agit8dChop, you're back to being awesome again! Well said- you need to send that in to publishers that would stir up the pot! Bravo!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Agit8edchop, I commend you for your insight and your compassion towards your fellow human beings. I have been ranting about the exact same things as you do in your OP. And I'm an American. I cry whenever I see pictures of the Statue of Liberty now. My country, all the wonderful history, the brave men and women who fought the Revolution, and our sacred Constitution and Bill of Rights, all of it, pretty much destroyed. And the President of the US, who has taken an oath to uphold the Constititon, had the gall to say "The Constitution is just a godamned piece of paper".
I want my country back, the one that stood for good values, equality for all humans. Thank you for having the courage to speak out and try to awaken the sleeping dead that inhabit America.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The thing that amazes me the most is that everyone now knows that iraq was no threat
to anyone but themselves.
Yet troops are still there plugging away, and the governments dont even think of pulling
them out, in fact they send more!

In any rule of life if you are doing something thats wrong to begin with, then everyone finds out, you tend to stop doing it.

They dont, but more importantly they cant because they have completely
screwed up that country that if they pulled out, iraq would cave in on its self.

The strange thing is, what america/uk are doing is wholly illegal, yet we do nothing.
All we can do is support the troops for having the balls to go into a hell hole where
they shouldnt be.

Petitions, marches, writing irate letters to your local politicians, they sadly achieve
nothing. We need a revolt. But for what? get rid of this government, for another one
that will inevitably be led to corruption and more dishonesty?

They have us well and truly by the balls.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Dear Agit8dChop:

First off, thank you for initiating this well-written thread post. You may not hear this often from fellow ATS members, but I agree one hundred percent with what you said.

The answer to your question why we Americans are in Iraq is simple — because of oil. Obviously if Iraq didn’t have this resource we would have no interest in it whatsoever. And our middle-east “ally” wouldn’t either since without petro-dollars Iraq couldn’t equip an army.

The real question here should be is this behavior of ours morally acceptable? And this is where I disagree with most. Because I certainly don’t think so. I don’t think it’s o.k. to kill someone just to be able to take away from them a resource of any kind — no matter what the reason. It appears that under some form of international law it is permissible to take another persons life, not in self-defense but as a matter of self-preservation . E. g. if you’re floating out in the open ocean with a buddy and he’s wearing the only lifevest, it alright to clobber him over the head and drown him in order to get that single floatation device. I consider that to be fundamentally wrong. But the rest of the world seems to see otherwise.

Here’s a link to an article about American imperialism which might interest you.
www.lookingglassnews.org...

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 11/15/2006 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well that makes no sense, why do we send troops in countries that don't have oil as well? Like Bosnia, Kosovo, South Korea, etc. Must be some conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Well that makes no sense, why do we send troops in countries that don't have oil as well? Like Bosnia, Kosovo, South Korea, etc. Must be some conspiracy.

Deltaboy- I think what you, and those sharing your viewpoint, need to ask them selves is "cui bono" (who benefits?)

*I believe the Iraq invasion was a plan to take over oil, attempt the spread of neo-con democracy (not 1776 democracy) in the middle east, help Israel, if necessary, to put pressure or go to war against Iran and/or Syria, and stir up the pot of terrorism in the middle east to benefit from terrorist attacks on America's country and interests (this "benefit" would cause loss of freedom, and help the neo-cons succeed in other areas).

*Isn't it reassuring to see the American people, and the World, catch on to what the bad guys are doing and how they're using the terrorists for their own goals?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike

Deltaboy- I think what you, and those sharing your viewpoint, need to ask them selves is "cui bono" (who benefits?)

Who benefits from troops stationed in South Korea? South Korea maybe? What about troops in Japan? Japan maybe? Who benefits having troops in Kosovo or Bosnia? What do we get from that? You say its about oil, and yet you have yet to mention about the troops in those countries. What is the benefit from having troops in those countries?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join