It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Mysterious Objects on Mars!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I don't know why you guys think this is so hard to debunk. I mean it's not like there aren't any other such natural formations with three or more objects aligned and share very nearly the same distance between one another. Take a look at the night sky and you'll see that Orion's Belt is made up of 3 stars that seem to be lined up in a straight line and looks like they're separated by the same amount of distance. So, is Orion's belt made by an extraterrestrial race? Somehow, I doubt it.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Impreza]

Aye, but those three stars are among thousands of others (I dont know how many we can see at night): The chances increase that somewhere there is a 3 star configuration.

The problem with the 3 Mars thingies is that there is nothing else like them, at least not that I can see. Look at the distance (or full length) images: They're just there. They dont even look CLOSE to the plethora of craters in the same image.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

I don't know why you guys think this is so hard to debunk. I mean it's not like there aren't any other such natural formations with three or more objects aligned and share very nearly the same distance between one another. Take a look at the night sky and you'll see that Orion's Belt is made up of 3 stars that seem to be lined up in a straight line and looks like they're separated by the same amount of distance. So, is Orion's belt made by an extraterrestrial race? Somehow, I doubt it.

Aye, but those three stars are among thousands of others (I dont know how many we can see at night): The chances increase that somewhere there is a 3 star configuration.

The problem with the 3 Mars thingies is that there is nothing else like them, at least not that I can see. Look at the distance (or full length) images: They're just there. They dont even look CLOSE to the plethora of craters in the same image.

Well, when you consider how many millions of miles those stars in Orion's Belt are from other stars in space, it amounts to the same thing on Mars. On a clear night sky, you can see around 3 thousand stars in the sky, but at any given time, we can see millions of rocks on Mars. This, of course, should highten the chances of such geological formation naturally occuring in such an area with a prolific amount of rocks. This, however, is not to say that there is no chance in hell that they were made by something extraterrestrial, I'm just saying that it isn't too hard to believe that they may have formed naturally.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So three mysterious piles on a random planet= mysterious sources of life nao?

Whoamg psyche.

To the TC: are you a noob?

Since when does three random objects anywhere=one sign of life?

It could just mean anything >_>.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
So three mysterious piles on a random planet= mysterious sources of life nao?

Whoamg psyche.

I dont think nature could reproduce those anomalies.
If these pictures are genuine,they are truly amazing.Maybe not a sign of life but definately a sign of intelligent,maybe consious design.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Personally i believe it could, be maybe be anchient architecture, but crumbled down obviosly

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leevi
Here is a high-quality closup. Those are definitely some kind of.. tubes..oh God

Neat.

I find it rather wierd that they are almost the same shape and in clear contrast to your average crater which gives a "3D" feel (edge of crater usually with a little sunshine on). These are just... black... with some white streak...

is it my imagination or does it look like there is an antenna like thing at the very top of the shadows on each of them....looks like a V...see it clear on the right one and the left one.......if not then no big deal i havent slept in a while....

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
is it my imagination or does it look like there is an antenna like thing at the very top of the shadows on each of them....looks like a V...see it clear on the right one.......if not then no big deal i havent slept in a while....

That is the result of resizing a picture to something around 300%.
Apparently, that image was also the victim of a contrast increase and a lightness decrease.

The result is a loss of information from the original image.

I have said it before and I say it again, if we have access to the original images we should never base our opinions on altered images.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They look like they are shining beams of light upwards.

What I don't get is how these images on Mars are so good, but there is no similar images of the moon that is relatively on our doorstep to show evidence the moon landings happened.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

Exactly I agree with you. They could mean anything and they could very well be an example of life or intelligence of some kind. The chance against randomness is too great to dismiss. Thanks for supporting what we are doing here.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

Originally posted by Leevi
Here is a high-quality closup. Those are definitely some kind of.. tubes..oh God

Does anyone else see the way the earth depresses down around the structures. I think these are clearly holes. My eyes could be playing tricks on me but, everyone take a look on the picture around less than 1/4 inch away from the holes you can clearly see the ground start to slant downwards into the depressions. Don't know if these are natural vents or artificial but either way this is very exciting!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
rikriley

I saw that face too, After reading one of your earlier posts in this thread about the letters on the five sided rock I saw those letters straight away too, and on the same rock, equidistant above the 'S' I can clearly see the form or a Human/Martonian, can anyone else see that. Looks a little like a stick man with an (opaque head)

I've zoomed and clearly marked it here:

Interesting!! But it could just as well be chance I suppose.

And to be clear, there is evidence or proof needed to make us understand/believe your claims of contact and ancestary.

When I saw this picture first I thought could it possibly be where the 'landing gear' of a massive ship set down? Okay this is a really out there theory I admit but I just thought the equally spaced depressions could have been created by the standing legs of a spaceship which set down there. Just a theory, thought it was worth adding, I have no other pics to back this up, its just an observation, a crazy one maybe but who knows?

[edit on 4-11-2006 by pmexplorer]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well, when you consider how many millions of miles those stars in Orion's Belt are from other stars in space, it amounts to the same thing on Mars. On a clear night sky, you can see around 3 thousand stars in the sky, but at any given time, we can see millions of rocks on Mars. This, of course, should highten the chances of such geological formation naturally occuring in such an area with a prolific amount of rocks. This, however, is not to say that there is no chance in hell that they were made by something extraterrestrial, I'm just saying that it isn't too hard to believe that they may have formed naturally.

Just to play devils advocate a little bit: Those stars that you see in that belt aren't within 1,000 feet of one another. They are not "next to eachother" why whatever is in this image is in relativley close proximally. Just some food for thought.

I am not agreeing with either side of the argument, but rather I am throwing out something for you to consider in your argument of occuring in nature.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
At first I thought this was an AMAZING photo, but the more I look at it the more I start to see what it is. I dont think its a photo of mountains with some huge boulders in the middle or what not. Rather, I think its a close up picture of terrain on Mars and those are from the tracks of whatever rover it was that took them. The camera was probably taking pics from behind and thast what made them. Does anybody have some pics of what kind of wheels they use on the rover? Try that, then take another look at it. Thats just my two cents.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by TravisT]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Just to play devils advocate a little bit: Those stars that you see in that belt aren't within 1,000 feet of one another. They are not "next to eachother" why whatever is in this image is in relativley close proximally. Just some food for thought.

I am not agreeing with either side of the argument, but rather I am throwing out something for you to consider in your argument of occuring in nature.

I never said they were 'this many feet apart,' I'm just saying that they make the same formation from our perspective.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
At first I thought this was an AMAZING photo, but the more I look at it the more I start to see what it is. I dont think its a photo of mountains with some huge boulders in the middle or what not. Rather, I think its a close up picture of terrain on Mars and those are from the tracks of whatever rover it was that took them. The camera was probably taking pics from behind and thast what made them. Does anybody have some pics of what kind of wheels they use on the rover? Try that, then take another look at it. Thats just my two cents.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by TravisT]

Look at the holes and you will see the decline in landscape around them clearly pointing to holes in the grounds. Vents of some sort either natural or artificial.

Definitely not a close up here this picuture was taken from a camera orbiting mars from WAY UP HIGH. This indicates that these holes are huge. Go to the first page of this thread click the link and you can see this is a VAST PICTURE of the martian landscape. You are right though, this is an AMAZING PICTURE.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
To me it looks likes a bunch of pictures stitched together and at the time the camera had a speck of something on it. I'm sure the camera takes pictures exactly meaning it moves an exact amount, then takes the pic. So this one speck would now be in every pic, and when stitched together you see a lot of em. Since the camera is focusing on the surface of Mars, the speck which is on the camera is way out of focus and is now 3d looking. I'm talking about the pic with multiple dots, not the one with 3.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by salsaking
To me it looks likes a bunch of pictures stitched together and at the time the camera had a speck of something on it. I'm sure the camera takes pictures exactly meaning it moves an exact amount, then takes the pic. So this one speck would now be in every pic, and when stitched together you see a lot of em. Since the camera is focusing on the surface of Mars, the speck which is on the camera is way out of focus and is now 3d looking. I'm talking about the pic with multiple dots, not the one with 3.

Yeah, I am not so sure about that pic with the multiple dots either, the one with three dots is the interesting one in my opinion. I wish we would just concentrate on that one and stay focused with that. It is ashame we get a nice picture like this and as par for course here at ATS we have people coming in to hijack with the "oh look I see a shape of a man" comments

[edit on 4-11-2006 by pompano]

[edit on 4-11-2006 by pompano]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And why and how would something be built or coming out of what looks like a very steep cliff:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by salsaking
And why and how would something be built or coming out of what looks like a very steep cliff:

That is not the picture this thread was started on, would you care to discuss the oringal picuture?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

I never said they were 'this many feet apart,' I'm just saying that they make the same formation from our perspective.

I am aware of that but I was pointing out that what makes this "structure" (man made or naturaly made) exciting was the fact that they are near to eachother, unlike the example which you gave of the stars of Orions belt.

They are not spectacular in their apparent symmetry because they are so far from eachother while these three are the only things of their kind and are situated so close to eachother.

Do you understand the point I was trying to make? Once again, it is just some food for thought for both sides of this debate.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join